Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Curious what fans think - do you want a cost reduced 20.00 figure?

Aren't those Star Wars figures only coming out at Disney parks like the Indiana Jones/POTC figures? Or was I misinformed?

FYI - *News Flash*

USPS raised all of its prices this week and also changed its shipping structure.

https://www.usps.com/business/prices.htm

Delivery Confirmation (now called USPS Tracking) is mandatory on every package.
    Parcel Post is now called Standard Post.

Prices on all levels of shipment went up.

For example, I shipped two items today.
    I shipped one figure from MN to VA and it cost 7.50 for Standard Post (est. delivery 02/05).
    I shipped one twopack from MN to KS and it cost 8.75 for Standard Post (est. delivery 02/04).

Yes, DR prices are still way higher than that, but you can no longer ship one figure across the country for less than $7 (unless its loose)
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    FYI - *News Flash*

USPS raised all of its prices this week and also changed its shipping structure.

I shipped one figure from MN to VA and it cost 7.50 for Standard Post (est. delivery 02/05).
    I shipped one twopack from MN to KS and it cost 8.75 for Standard Post (est. delivery 02/04).

Yes, DR prices are still way higher than that, but you can no longer ship one figure across the country for less than $7 (unless its loose)
    Yeah, I had to mail a thick envelope on Monday and the clerk threw my DC slip away and said they don't offer that service anymore and that if I wanted to use tracking I had to mail it via priority mail. After a bit of discussion about the new changes she was able to pull up a new service called USPS Tracking for $0.90. Normally my padded envelopes ship for $2.70 but this time it was $2.90.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Aren't those Star Wars figures only coming out at Disney parks like the Indiana Jones/POTC figures? Or was I misinformed?
    No. It was originally rumored that was going to be the case but now they will be hitting retail stores. The Vintage Collection 3.75" and 6" figures are going to be marketed under the Black Collection label starting in August. There are 8 figures planned for 2013.
    Last edited by jerec350; January 30, 2013 at 02:58pm.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Keep it as is!!! There are some figures I am less enthused about (though I'm very happy with Fangman), but I'm happy with the high price point to get all the great accessories. I'm in it for the long haul and it's worth the money now to get an outstanding total collection in the end.

I like the line exactly the way it is with lots of accessories and nice packaging. $25/27 is well worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xepherus3 View Post
    Thank you, Mattel, for asking our opinion, and listening.

I do not care if the figures are $27.00. It has been very apparent throughout 2012 that the design, packaging, and over-all quality has changed for the best. Keep giving us high-quality figures with awesome accessories.

Wait what?!? This thread alone is 35 pages...

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xepherus3 View Post
    Thank you, Mattel, for asking our opinion, and listening.

I do not care if the figures are $27.00. It has been very apparent throughout 2012 that the design, packaging, and over-all quality has changed for the best. Keep giving us high-quality figures with awesome accessories.
    Lemme see: blastic, Frosta's reversed arms, Stinkor's tumors, Sorceress's drums, more blastic, less accessories, reduced paint apps, reduced white mailer size that makes it more difficult to remove the card without damaging it, yet some more blastic, Granamyr's breaking tail... Yes, it has been very apparent that the design, packaging, and over-all quality has changed for "the best".
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

FYI - *News Flash*

I just shipped a MOTUC custom to FL, and I only paid $6.85 Priority, the Parcel Post / Standard Post was $6.15 with no tracking for the 1.6lb box. Priority was faster for a little more, so I opted for Priority.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I just paid $37 dollars for Netossa, how do u thing about the price coming down back to $20 bucks

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    How come Hasbro is about to start making 6" super detailed, super articulated, well packaged "STAR WARS: The Black Collection" figures and selling them for $19.99 each? Let me guess, it's because they are going to be sold at retail so they can lower the cost?

Look at how awesome this Luke figure is:

Attachment 82084

Note how he comes with 3 accessories too.

STAR WARS is my number 1 passion so with these coming out in August and the increasing costs of MOTUC this may very well be my last year as a subber.
    I haven't bought a Luke Skywalker figure in 30 years (I only buy Leia and Amidala) but its awesome enough that I will be buying him, and the whole collection.

That said, it seems like they are following Mattel's lead in pricing. $20 retail is comparative to $27 for an online line like MOTUC. Star Wars is hot and it's own beast, comparing it to MOTU where we have a comic miniseries and a mobile app - I'm thrilled with both of those, and am so excited about the ongoing series, but it's still a molehill next to the juggernaut that Star Wars is.

Compare all you get for $20 with what Mattel sold last year for $17 retail in the Movie Masters for Dark Knight Rises. The sculpts were good, but they came with almost NO accessories. I think one came with a gun, one had a little gas mask. The rest had none. They did have the collect and connect piece, but that was really a promo item - I know I ended up buying all six of the dang things when I only would have bought Catwoman and her variant otherwise. The bat signal is awesome, but because of extra purchases they made more money off of that than anything, so I don't consider it an accessory but a promotional item.

I think the $27 price point is not the issue, as posts generally show it's:

* Digital River and the high cost, low quality shipping.

* Lower quality figures - black plastic, poor decisions that could easily be prevented that they do to make figures "pop" or are simply Mattel design or factory errors

* People are sick of spending so much for figures they don't really desire that much when we aren't getting the ones we really want - I'd be a lot more tolerant of the "Demoman's" of the line if we didn't only have a handful of the Vintage PoP characters.

I hope we have a 2014 sub, but if we do - I have a feeling there is no way it won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I just shipped a MOTUC custom to FL, and I only paid $6.85 Priority, the Parcel Post / Standard Post was $6.15 with no tracking for the 1.6lb box. Priority was faster for a little more, so I opted for Priority.
    Are you also in the southern states (ie same zone)... That could explain why it was lower... If you go to USPS, you can not ship a 1 lb 9.6oz (1.6 lb) box from NY (10001) to LA (90210) for less than $7. Actually, the rate is 9.79 Standard & 11.25 Priority... Also, USPS Tracking (formerly Deliv Conf) is automatically included in the new price tier, so if you didn't get a tracking number, you got ripped off... Unless, of course, you shipped before Tuesday.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Are you also in the southern states (ie same zone)... That could explain why it was lower... If you go to USPS, you can not ship a 1 lb 9.6oz (1.6 lb) box from NY (10001) to LA (90210) for less than $7. Actually, the rate is 9.79 Standard & 11.25 Priority... Also, USPS Tracking (formerly Deliv Conf) is automatically included in the new price tier, so if you didn't get a tracking number, you got ripped off... Unless, of course, you shipped before Tuesday.
    I'm in MI, to FL, and I did get a Tracking with Priority, and the package was 1lb 6oz is what I meant. And it was the same day I posted which was ....yesterday...wow I need to sleep more, the days are running together, it seems like it was 2 days ago....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    That said, it seems like they are following Mattel's lead in pricing. $20 retail is comparative to $27 for an online line like MOTUC.
    Remember though, Hasbro has to pay licensing fees for SW, while MotU is Mattel's own. Considering the lack of licensing fees, MOTUC has always been too expensive for what it was. One of the main reasons the first few figures took forever to "sell out" was fans were balking on the high price tag until word got out how cool the figures themselves were. Mattel is used to it now, so they feel comfortable hiking and hiking, but fans were never very comfortable with even the low-by-comparison $20 price tag.

* People are sick of spending so much for figures they don't really desire that much when we aren't getting the ones we really want - I'd be a lot more tolerant of the "Demoman's" of the line if we didn't only have a handful of the Vintage PoP characters.
    But there many fans out there who prefer the "Demoman's" to Vintage PoPs.

Disciple of ********s
    Another perspective on shipping - eg: the long awaited (and dearly desired - go 4H! yay Scott... yep - I know I will get hate mail for that ) Castle Grayskull - postage was US$100 plus. End of the day, a few bucks on figures is insignificant as an international buyer - sorry that is the reality. Pre -subs I had to head to eBay and pay double to complete the set - with subs, I don't have to - the postage is still less if it doesn't come up eBay wise. hats off and good luck to you if you can get to a chain and get the MOTUC's cheap - the 'surplus' will never make it outside the US. International fans are no better off - please go get 'em and sell them cheap on eBay! This is my only full time collector hobby. true believers and fans - stand true and please support the line. It is with joy I get the DR delivered product every month (some 6 to 8 weeks after sale date... and so what, so far all has arrived, a lucky one? Maybe, maybe on the most a good job is done?!). Love the line. I have posted before - just seeing so much angst I had to post again - Scott & Mattel - please keep this line rolling!!