Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious what fans think - do you want a cost reduced 20.00 figure?

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    It has to stay the way it is.
    If anything has to be cut, I personally wouldn't mind the packaging.
    Poly Bags would be ok. BUT this isn't about me, it's a much larger picture.
    By doing so, there will be around 30% ++ less customers buying, because they are Mint on Card collectors. I think there really are than many MOC collectors out there and if we get poly bagged figures there wouldn't be a large enough fanbase left to support the line.

Deco's being cut is what most people won't like and I'm sure there would be an extreme small amount of people who would want to ditch accessories. The accessories is what makes the figures imho. He-Man without his power sword anyone? Ram Man without his Axe? No...

I agree that shipping (handling) costs too much.
    A Pile of Loot system like BigBadToyStore has, might solve that for a lot of people.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Question for MOC collectors: if the polybag was SEALED and had Mattel info printed on it (i.e., not just ANY polybag) and if the figure still came in a mailer box would you be happy? I'm just trying to understand if that would satisfy your needs as collectors. The product would be (presumably) mint and in its original container. Or is it that you want them hung on a wall.

There are several mail-away items I know of that are more desirable because they are still in their sealed bags, would not that apply here also?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I never demanded the Foe Men, I never knew about the Foe Men, but after seeing them, I actually want them....and being here for over a year, I have seen many times the pilots asked for, I've even seen customs made of the pilots, especially the Wind Raider pilot....so yes, there is a demand for them, not from as many that actually collect, but enough....now the Star Sisters, those I never saw them so heavily demanded, that they got made over others that could have seen a 3 pack release.

I am no fan of the Org search....but I'm sure a mod could point out any related threads as proof....
    Hey, I'm not ripping them at all; I think they're kinda cool. However my point is that Scott seems to make character choice decisions to please a minority (and in some cases only himself, see Spector who NO ONE asked for). But again, I would still love to see where this "demand" was prior to them being announced. If it's there, I'll eat my words, but I've been asking this same question since they were announced and to date NO ONE has been able to direct me to any type of fan request or demand for these guys.

Keep as is. I personally would not buy a poly bagged figure.

and your eliminating the MOC collectors from buying too. So long as they stay at $25 for 2014 and we finish up the MOST requested of Vintage, POP, Filmation and NA I'm fine.

I think the problem is less folks are inclined to pay $25-$27 for D List characters. Maybe finish up the line in 2015 with poly bagged figures if sales continue to decrease in 2014?

So long as we DEFINATELY get: Two-Bad, Rio Blast, Mantenna, Squeeze, Tung Lashor, Scorpia, Strongarm, Madame Razz, Kowl, Glimmer, Queen Angella, Mermista, Flogg and Hydron by the end of 2014 I think most folks will be happy and sub sales would probably increase!
    Last edited by blackiecats; January 17, 2013 at 02:03pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    The average person has mortgage, rent, car payments, taxes, groceries, student loans, investments, and about a dozens other miscellaneous costs each month. Asking $27 for a plastic toy and throwing in taxes + shipping on top of that is insane. That is the issue that needs to be addressed.
    I disagree. Collecting toys isn't a necessity or required payment like the things you listed... it is a hobby. Either you can afford your hobby or you can't. Would the increase in price reduce the number of subs? Perhaps. But, they won't know until they try. We'd all love for the figures to be cheaper, but Scott/Mattel had said numerous times before that figure prices will be going up.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Keep as is. I might not sub up otherwise.

Shipping Issue: Shipping prices are Unbelievably high. I can ship the same items in the same package for 1/4 less or more than DR is charging. On top of that they are charging tax on the shipping which is RIDICULOUS. It is obvious DR took the distributor job as lowest bidder and are looking to make $$ back via the shipping charges. Mattel either allowed this in the contract with DR or are turning a blind eye to it.
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Can't believe that (apparently) people are complaining about Fang-Man. I certainly haven't seen it on this site. I think he is truly a jaw dropping figure who is absolutely worth the price Mattel is asking for him. As for Scott's question, my answer is no. Everything is fine as it is. You're listening, once again, to a very loud minority. Vocal minority, silent majority and all that. Funny thing is, and you all know it’s true, these people complaining about Fang-Man, for example, would do the exact same thing if things were reduced as much as Scott is suggesting. Some people just like to complain. It’s their lot in life, no matter what happens.
    Look in the Fang Man thread....many complaints are there....too Filmation, not Vintage enough....whatever....too this, too that....

I think his head is a tad goofy, but it fits the character....the rest of the figure is really nice looking.

Quote Originally Posted by eCollector View Post
    Where? Seriousley, where?
    I have been here for almost a year and a half....there has been talk of wanting the pilots....use the search or ask a mod to find it, but it is here....

for starters....
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ilots-in-MOTUC

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ers-On-Box-Art

But I have seen support in many various threads in the last year and a half....look for it, it's there. I don't know about a rallying cry scale, but the figures were wanted by many people, just not sure about them being for an expensive 3 pack, that is what was stupid, 2 2 packs spread out across 2 years, would have been nice, then all 4 pilots could have been done.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 17, 2013 at 02:24pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I disagree. Collecting toys isn't a necessity or required payment like the things you listed... it is a hobby. Either you can afford your hobby or you can't. Would the increase in price reduce the number of subs? Perhaps. But, they won't know until they try. We'd all love for the figures to be cheaper, but Scott/Mattel had said numerous times before that figure prices will be going up.
    I wish more people understand this, we CHOOSE to "enjoy" this hobby, there is always a point it can get to where it goes out of people budgets and thats when things end.

I collect a few other lines, but I cant collect everything I want to collect, you buy what you can if you want to, I would never buy these toys if it put my real bills in trouble.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar
    do not change
    Always remember the dark days of 2004 with no new MOTU in sight...

Only 4 more that need updating:

Saurod, Blast Attak
    Dragstor, Multi-Bot

DO NOT CHANGE IT!!!
    leave MOTUC as is....
    but please do look into the highly eratic shipping prices
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

The very obvious consensus is that shipping is out of control. Ignoring it or responding with "the shipping price is accurate" is a load of garbage.

Maybe I'll go complain on Facebook instead since that apparently gets more results.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I got my first figure via sub yesterday.

I don't mind the cost of the figure but I was charged over half the figure cost for shipping? (14$)

They shipped it UPS ground. I sold the fig and shipped it from work in the exact same box (but actually added a little padding inside) UPS ground. Without our company discount it cost $6.39 to ship.

Did I just get overcharged?
    You sure did. They seem to be price gouging on shipping to hide the real cost of the figures, and the fact that TG refuses to answer questions about it and simply offloads the responsibility to Costumer Service is like rubbing salt in the wound.

CS isn't going to have answers. Shipping is something that would have been discussed between DR and Mattel and they together set the tone. Asking us to ask some lackey who answers the phone about this issue is like asking a janitor in the White House how the foreign policy agenda is set. Give me a break.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Look in the Fang Man thread....many complaints are there....too Filmation, not Vintage enough....whatever....too this, too that....

I think his head is a tad goofy, but it fits the character....the rest of the figure is really nice looking.

I have been here for almost a year and a half....there has been talk of wanting the pilots....use the search or ask a mod to find it, but it is here....

for starters....
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ilots-in-MOTUC

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ers-On-Box-Art

But I have seen support in many various threads in the last year and a half....look for it, it's there..
    Thanks! But the first thread link is just reaction to the FFM announcement, so that doesn't count. And I only counted 8 people that said "Yes" they would want them in the second thread link... so my point still stands that they were not greatly "demanded" to the point where they even should have been made, let alone made before "core" vintage characters. Most of them just said they would want the Wind Raider piolet.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    The very obvious consensus is that shipping is out of control. Ignoring it or responding with "the shipping price is accurate" is a load of garbage.

Maybe I'll go complain on Facebook instead since that apparently gets more results.
    Me too. Now all we need are 2 more facebookers and we're all set to get this problem solved, apparently.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    The unfortunate thing is that we pay roughly $3 to $4 in "handling" (taking what we are charged for shipping and subtracting what USPS and UPS charge). I almost wouldn't mine this if we still didn't wait 2-3 days to have our day of items shipped.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Adamant View Post
    Question for MOC collectors: if the polybag was SEALED and had Mattel info printed on it (i.e., not just ANY polybag) and if the figure still came in a mailer box would you be happy? I'm just trying to understand if that would satisfy your needs as collectors. The product would be (presumably) mint and in its original container. Or is it that you want them hung on a wall.

There are several mail-away items I know of that are more desirable because they are still in their sealed bags, would not that apply here also?
    I think there's a difference. Most MOC collectors want a consistent look for their figures in the package for their displays. The polybag would not achieve this at all. I think if they had to pick between giving up the card & bubble or the white mailer box, they would choose the mailer (though reluctantly so since it does offer some protection to the main figure packaging).

Now the reason why mail-away items are more desirable in their polybags than outside of it is the same reason why a MOC figure is often more desirable and commands a higher price than a loose figure.... it is in it's original packaging. If the mail away figure was only ever available in a polybag, then having it still sealed in it's bag is more desirable to people who keep figures in the packaging. And even if a mail-away figure was later released on a cardback, the polybagged version may still be desirable if it is rare by comparison.

But none the less, MOC collectors for the most part want as consistent looking of a collection as possible.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I rather keep it the way it is and pay more. I do however wish since we are paying more, that we get a more even distribution of things to make it worth it. For example, Netossa is a $25/$27 dollar figure with 1 accessory, while Fang-Man and Jitsu both come with 3. Not to mention Octavia has alot of new tooling and 5 accessories (4 swords and a cross bow)
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Quote Originally Posted by eCollector View Post
    Thanks! But the first thread link is just reaction to the FFM announcement, so that doesn't count. And I only counted 8 people that said "Yes" they would want them in the second thread link... so my point still stands that they were not greatly "demanded" to the point where they even should have been made, let alone made before "core" vintage characters. Most of them just said they would want the Wind Raider piolet.
    Whatever then, I have seen demand for the pilots long before there were Foe Men to announce, I hate the site search, but I have seen well more than 4 to 8 people want the pilots. Believe what you like....I have seen requests for them, and the want for them.

Thing is though, the demand for obscure characters has waned since I cam onto the Org. Hence one of the reasons 2013 subs were hurting.... But I have seen plenty of people....and besides, we're getting them, so what does it matter anyway, I get that Scott pushes the "fan demanded" thing, and for a time they were fan demanded....and to a lesser extent they still are, but with the life of the line hanging in the balance, obscure characters are less wanted now due to fans wanting a complete Vintage line-up....but those that "demanded" them before....still do.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Leave it as is!
    Fangman is awesome!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I bet if small issues were addressed, the price wouldn't be a factor. I pay $3-$5 more for things at my comic shop that I KNOW I can get cheaper, easily. Why? Because of SERVICE! I don't have to wait 2 weeks for a return label. If I have a CS concern, I get to speak to someone who didn't learn english 10 minutes ago. If there is a problem, they make me happy, and I continue to buy from them. They don't pay $5 for shipping, then turn around and charge $14. For instance, Marvel Select Punisher is under $18 on Amazon & I'm a Prime member. If I bought him he'd be here Saturday. I'm not going to, I'm waiting til Monday, going to my shop and pay $22 for him. Service keeps customers spending money & keeps them happy.

Doesn't USPS have those flat rate shipping boxes...for like half of what we pay? If we have to keep paying inflated, greedy shipping prices, would you at least inclued some lipstick, so I can look pretty when I get screwed?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    And so TG reads your post and they decide to jack the prices to $35 plus $20 shipping. Why not right? Everyone is just going to buy them anyway?

No way. Dude, if they so much as raise the price by even 50 cents, I'm totally out. There have been WAY too many issues with this line to continue to buy into it even if I do really want the figures. For $22 or $25 I'm willing to take the lumps, but for anymore than that... forget it, TG can go join the breadline.
    You proceed from a false assumption, that the price increases are arbitrary and not based on manufacturing cost increases.

You're a very angry lad...you remind me of me. The old me.

That said, I hope you enjoy 2013, because if you hold to your word, it'll be your last year on the line. I hate to be the one to break it down for you like this, but the US Dollar continues to fall in value. That's not going to correct itself in a year.

Costs continue to rise, and Mattel is NOT going to take the loss for a line this small. I hope they make the final characters that you want before 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    Being a toy maker, especially one that specializes in low quantity runs, I can 100% back Scott's claims of rising production costs. There really is just no way around the price increases for the low numbers this line is produced in.

Being a collector, I think FangMan is awesome and one of the better values of the known 2013 offerings. The amount of extra sculpting, design, decos, accessories, tooling, etc. that went into this figure are well worth the price to me.
    Im fine with $25 each. I buy 2 subs currently. 1 to open 1 to keep on card. If they drop packaging, I drop 1 sub. If they drop accessories & decos, I drop 2 subs. Next year that thermometer won't rise as high.

As a consumer, any price hike regardless of product is hard to take. Especially in this economy.
    It's an unpleasant but harsh reality. The US dollar is worth less and less everyday in the global economy. Is doesn't go nearly as far in China as it used to. Companies are either raising prices or sacrificing quality & quantity every day, not just Mattel.

I'm happy to support MOTUC until the end, but there has been a precedence set with the aesthetic of the line that I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice in order to save $5-$10 a month. I'll just skip the drive-thru instead.
    I love this line.
    This is what I mean...he KNOWS!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    As many others have already stated, the real problem is the scandalous price increase hidden in the S&H charges. Last year, if I bought two figures together, the total price per figure came down to $25 (sub) or $27 (DoS); but now, it's $35 for sub figures and $39 for DoS. That's an insane price increase of around $10 (+50%), disguised as "only" a $5 increase (+25%) in the nominal price of figures. And that's leaving aside the fact that Matty is using a worse, snail-slow, third-rate carrier (Newgistics or Mail on the Move) but charging significantly more than other e-tailers (and even more than what one would pay by using USPS oneself).

As for losing packaging, deco or accessories: if you take away the packaging, you'll loose all the MoC collectors (and the line dies); if you take away deco hits or reduce the quality of materials (blastic), you're significantly affecting the quality of the figure in a permanent way (as you unfortunately did with some of the 2012 figures); whereas accessories can be taken away and offered later as part of a Weapons Pak (like Horde Prime's staff and Draego Man's shield). So my vote goes definitely to moving some accessories to Weapons Paks.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Sounds to me like all the talk we heard during the sub push about the price increase giving enough cushion so that no increase would be necessary for the next few years was just "pillow talk".
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I would say keep it the way it is now....sacrificing quality isn't a option....you can't cut the packaging, as MOC collectors will bail. If I had to choose 1 way to cut cost or keep it where it is for the future, I would cut 1 accessory item out, making sure they have at least their vintage weapon. Weapons packs can be done to further the weaponry of figures...plus, you can only display a figure with so many weapons anyway

ps...fangman is fine. Not MY cup of tea, but it will please the vast majority. I don't hate him, just not a big need of mine. Don't listen to the minority of complainers.

The only cut I would be cool with is accessories. But even then, only with the commitment of at least two accessory packs every year so we could fill the gaps. Plus that's more money for Matty.