Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious what fans think - do you want a cost reduced 20.00 figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast-Man View Post
    Here is the response TG gave to a fellow member on Mattel forums reguarding the price increase on shipping...
    Toyguru's Response: We were actually losing money on shipping the past two years. Shipping prices are current with actual current costs to ship.
    That is poppycock.

USPS Priority Mail is about $6. BBTS charges $7.75, Matty charges nearly $10.

BBTS charges $7.39 for UPS Ground. Matty charges $14.10.

So, yeah. Boldfaced lie right there. Looks like Mattel is getting railroaded by DR in shipping costs and is nice enough to pass the losses on to us.
    This. I don't understand how they expect us to believe this when there are countless other online retailers who don't use such ridiculous shipping costs. Are we to think every other online retailer is just eating the extra cost? Please.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    It must be directly proportional to how long it takes them to get the packages out of the warehouse. Or maybe they are putting our boxes up in a nice hotel for their extended stays in Sparks, NV.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

This thread is likely a way to gauge reaction for next years price increase. They know this idea would never happen, so it will be our fault they have to raise prices again.
    On Twitter @DualHares

[/QUOTE]Or maybe they are putting our boxes up in a nice hotel for their extended stays in Sparks, NV.[/QUOTE]

I know right?

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dual_Hares View Post
    This thread is likely a way to gauge reaction for next years price increase. They know this idea would never happen, so it will be our fault they have to raise prices again.
    I'm pretty sure last summer, TG said prices will stay at $25 for the next few years.

Fangman is an awesome figure and worth every penny...
    To infinity, and beyond!

We want to pay the same price Walmart paid you guys for the figures they are selling at their stores.

Polybags would be fantastic with the same number of accessories and quality of deco. The packaging is pointless - it's a mail-order line and the packaging already isn't designed to be resealable - I just throw mine out.

If they made figures people wanted they wouldnt mind paying
    like Ram Man

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    The line only stays alive, if we pay the money... it's not about the community...
    Sorry, but I feel different. The community IS the money.

I have subbed for 2 years now to support the line. I hate POP. I really hate POP. But I love Mini-Comic characters. I realize that there is very little support for the characters I love, but if the line stays around long enough, I'll get my Lodar, Garn, Dakar, Geldor, etc...but I have to buy a Star Sister or Pimp Randor from time to time in order to keep the line alive long enough to get what I want...I rely on the COMMUNITY to feel the same way that I do...they might hate a faction or figure, but at the end of the day, most understand that they need guys like me to keep subbing in order to get the characters they want, just like I realize I need guys like you to keep buying vintage.

With a line this small it is important to respect the tastes of the people who share in the enterprise, even if you don't agree with them, otherwise we all get nothing.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Mattel should also offer to put money towards paying people's mortgages and everyday needs.

Despite the overwhelmingly negative response to his suggestion, there's an ill feeling in my stomach that come SDCC 2013, at the panel he'll say: "Due to fan demand and customer feedback, we will be scaling back weapons and paint applications to deliver consumers MOTUC figures at a more agreeable $20 price point..."
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Keep packaging/quality/accessories the same. I'm fine with paying $27 for a figure, although I agree with everyone about shipping costs being way too high. Every other online retail seller ships for half the price.

Keep it as is. I'm all about uniformity. 25 is fair to me.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

If you don't collector or never collected MOSC....you'll never get the draw, that is fine, but if you don't understand, don't assume loose collectors are correct or are the majority of the collector base. MOSC collectors make up a good chunk....loose the packaging, or change it after 4+ years....you loose a good chunk of collectors....good luck getting a 2014 sub through without them.

Just because loose collectors don't get it, or think it's stupid, it is what it is....your opinions....we are "Adult" collectors, and really we should have no need to play with toys....but we do....some like to touch toys, some like to touch loose figures and or look at packaged figures....

MOSC collectors are just as important as any other collector, Just because people have to touch toys and dust the damn things every week, doesn't mean loose collectors represent everyone, or even a majority....

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I really dont see why there cannot be a comprimise in regards to packaging.

For me polybags would be fine. However, I know many customers would be upset.

That being said, I'll say it again...why can the line not have something similar to Watchmen. I think that packaging is really slick. Maybe....maybe have a window on it so you can see into it. But otherwise I would keep it it more simple. Have the packaging look more "adult" than action figures found in the retail stores.

Just because you, or other loose only collectors don't get it, or like it, doesn't mean everyone has to think like that

I get the draw to the throw back to finding them IN the store; but, we're not. We are getting them through mattycollector.
    Um, no....the draw of the packaging to many if not all MOSC collectors is the fact that it looks like toy aisle packaging....

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Yep! Ditch the Packaging.
    Yeah, right, then lose a lot of collectors....good for the line I suppose though....right....sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Plastic is not good for the environment. I propose brown paper bags with tissue paper for insurance.
    Then let's make the figures from corn products....or better yet, paper mache....Plastic is plastic after all....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 17, 2013 at 08:28pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I find it odd that Fang Man is the one kicking off this pricing discussion. I mean, he's a figure that's got some accessories that add some value compared to others. As my first $25 figure, I find Netossa much more overpriced, and she just sold out. I don't know if maybe less were made if her than others, but it goes to show how tough it can be to predict what people are willing to pay.

I'd personally be completely fine with poly-bagged figures to reduce production and shipping costs. Toss a bio card in there if you want, or just make them available to view or print online. I've always felt that way.

At the same time, I realize that would be extremely frustrating for those with a MOC collection. Plus, those who order 2 for the sake of opening one would no longer have a reason to. Offering an option on sale day would likely just complicate things and not save much at all unless MOC stuff was increased in price.

For me though, I'm cool with no packaging as long as the item itself isn't compromised at all. I'm curious about how such a move would affect sales since it could go either way.

So as a MOC collector you are unwilling to sacrafice your indiviual wants over the overall good for the line i.e. not getting another price hike + shipping + a less detailed figure?

Or cutting costs in the area of the artwork and packaging.

I said something like polybags would not be a good idea because of MOC collectors.

I cannot belive you would not be willing to sacrafice the bios or the pictures of the figure over the actual figure itself.

What I can say for sure is if the prices go higher & higher then people are OUT. Thats for loose and MOC collectors. So better a compramise than alot of people having to stop collecting and then no one gets anything...as melmoth666 said.

He dosent like POP I dont like minicomic but I need his minicomic figures and he needs my POP to get what we as individuals want. Better I get alittle of what I dont want then nothing at all.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I'm a loose figure collector at this point, so I would be OK with polybagged figures. I would NOT be OK with reduced deco and/or accessories. If I had to choose between $25 as is or $20 with a reduction in accessories/deco then I would stick with $25.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    The white mailer boxes are actually made of compressed mink eyelashes. That's why shipping costs so much.

Toy Guru, please do consider producing $20 figures with minimal packaging ON TOP of the regular $25 MOC lineup.

Figures will be the identical for both versions, and the only difference will be the packaging.
    Many of us would get a second figure or even a third figure just to open. So the extra packaging becomes meaningless for those opened figures anyways.

I want to collect second set of many characters this year but probably won't do it simply because I cannot afford it.
    The price increase, along with shipping price increase (I'm from Canada), turns out to be too much for me.
    Maybe the figures with minimal packaging will also reduce the shipping cost.
    I'd like to believe that offering one more purchasing option would benefit greatly for both collectors and the line.

Please do consider offering the cheap packaging option on top of regular MOC versions.

It's been mentioned before - why not get rid of the white box? Everyone is focused on the polybag and the blister card. Isn't the white box considered package? How much would that affect the price?

This thread is starting to spin in circles, with some people posting without consideration to others desires and others clearly not very educated on the subject matter.

What seems to be truly "changeable" is the shipping rates, as well as Mattel/Scott ensuring better quality control and customer service for "high-end adult collectibles."
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    So as a MOC collector you are unwilling to sacrafice your indiviual wants over the overall good for the line i.e. not getting another price hike + shipping + a less detailed figure?

Or cutting costs in the area of the artwork and packaging.

I said something like polybags would not be a good idea because of MOC collectors.

I cannot belive you would not be willing to sacrafice the bios or the pictures of the figure over the actual figure itself.

What I can say for sure is if the prices go higher & higher then people are OUT. Thats for loose and MOC collectors. So better a compramise than alot of people having to stop collecting and then no one gets anything...as melmoth666 said.

He dosent like POP I dont like minicomic but I need his minicomic figures and he needs my POP to get what we as individuals want. Better I get alittle of what I dont want then nothing at all.
    I never said I was a MOSC collector anymore....but....

I would not sacrifice the packaging of a figure line that has always had packaging just to satisfy the wants of loose collectors....sorry....And sorry to differ, but I am not alone in this thought as well, in case you have read all the posts....the MOSC collectors make up a large ***** of posts in here....

So, as long as you're attempting to make me look however it is you are trying....look at how many MOSC collectors that would do the exact same thing....

EDIT....
    ....don't remember what it was I posted....but pretty sure it wasn't in need of censoring....as I never cursed....but whatever.....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 17, 2013 at 09:42pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    This thread is starting to spin in circles, with some people posting without consideration to others desires and others clearly not very educated on the subject matter.

What seems to be truly "changeable" is the shipping rates, as well as Mattel/Scott ensuring better quality control and customer service for "high-end adult collectibles."
    This this and this.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Here's what to do.

Cut the white mailer boxes. Reduce the package size. A lot of it is just empty space. Reduce it. Then make a universal package. No need for unique card backs and get rid of the bios on the packages. Just post up the bios online.

Keep the figures as is and find cheaper ways of shipping. I'm willing to give up an accessory here and there, but not important ones. Increase the weapon packs.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!