Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious what fans think - do you want a cost reduced 20.00 figure?

Keep things the same as they are!
    Looking forward to more great figures!

Chewer of Trollans
    I think this nonsense just comes from non-Filmation fans who, while fewer than the non-She-Ra fans, won't like anything that comes directly from the cartoon. I don't like Filmation or She-Ra, but I hope everyone gets what they want out of the line. That's what the line is.
    Don't mess with the line's formula. It isn't fair to MOC collectors and quality in the long-term is the most important factor.

I would prefer the line continue as is. KEEP AS IS!
    I think $25 is steep but it is worth it to keep these great figures as is.

If you want to change something, fix the recent Engineering decisions. Someone who isn't a fan, is making these decisions and it is showing.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Wow. So let me get this straight. Beccause YOU don't like POP you want toyguru to kick that beloved part of the mythos out of the line? Very considerate for the community of fans out here!

You're entitled to your opinon but I don't see what this has to do with reducing deco and packaging to lower the price tag of each figure. Not making a figure will by no means make the other figures cheaper.

And here's a little equation that you should keep in mind and reflect upon it: more buyers = more figures produced = the price of each figure is cheaper. Less buyers = less sold figures = the cost of making a figure climbs up . So in essence,by simply buying figures, the Pop fans, just as the Vintage fans or the 200x fans, help to make the price of the figures lower. If you kick out any faction of the toyline (as your post curtly suggests) it will only marginalize this toyline and ramp up the pricetag.

Now be a lamb and go buy Netossa. she 's almost sold out and she's awesome. (And like you, I had zero nostalgia factor with this character)
    I have a sub I get Netossa anyway, I do not like her so I sell her. In the end there are many POP Figures in the secondary market and you do not even get the price paid. This is an indicator, that there is less interest in such figures, which could also indicate that the POP Fans are not enough to get 2014 a go. My suggestion was to keep the standard and concentrate on core characters. I would hate it get a figure with reduced deco, weapons or reduced packaging. But I could live with less obscure and mostly unknown caracter, whereas I count Netossa.

Widget
    I definitely don't want figures produced from cheaper plastic, without an outstanding packaging or less paint jobs. Your should really continue, as figures are now, but please look carefully into preventing figures from false parts, loose joints and so on. Then I will be fully okay with 25 $ per figure.

Quote Originally Posted by predaking1981 View Post
    I have a sub I get Netossa anyway, I do not like her so I sell her. In the end there are many POP Figures in the secondary market and you do not even get the price paid. This is an indicator, that there is less interest in such figures, which could also indicate that the POP Fans are not enough to get 2014 a go. My suggestion was to keep the standard and concentrate on core characters. I would hate it get a figure with reduced deco, weapons or reduced packaging. But I could live with less obscure and mostly unknown caracter, whereas I count Netossa.
    How many POP figures are many?

POP will stay in MOTUC, it's not going anywhere, and it will not kill the line....

This thread is a joke, we're not getting anything cut....be real, just because you and small handful don't like POP doesn't mean we're all that way, and that POP will be cut.

You don't like POP whatever, many of us do, even if we were never POP fans, opinion is opinion, and you are welcome to yours....but don't think you represent even a tiny fraction of MOTUC collectors. Keeping the core characters only in the line will kill the line within 15 figures....POP, NA, Filmation & 200X characters keep the line living....obscure characters sure, like Demo, Vykron, Vikor....Foe Men....but POP characters are not obscure, neither are NA, even though I personally don't like the NA story....I don't want to take those figures from their fans. You however, suggest to deprive POP fans of their favorites....POP only fans may make up a smaller portion of the fan base, but so do those that think like you, and you do not have to be a POP fan to appreciate the figures for what they are....MOTUC figures. You don't have to like every figure, I know I don't but for me not to like a figure, there are 20 people that do, so, have that figure....I just won't buy it, or keep it, and I will not disrespect the fans that want that figure, no matter how much I do not want it.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 18, 2013 at 11:37am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm fine with things the way they are, the price is fine, DO NOT reduce accessories or paint apps, and please DO NOT eliminate the packaging, I am a MOC collector, so that would make an easier decision to leave the line, for a few dollars, it's not worth it!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Someone, somewhere, not necessarily saying who, mind you, is probably laughing themselves stupid at the complete chaos this has wrought.

Aaaaanyways...

I'm for keeping everything as is.

Just look into reducing the handling and shipping costs; maybe send everything as a quarterly bundle, like someone suggested. It sort of worked back in late 2009, even though there was Teela-gate going on...

If you must do something about the packaging, how about doing it old school style, with the vintage "human shaped" bubbles for the figures? Obviously, you'd have to accomodate for characters with extra items like wings or backpacks, so that might not be the best solution, but it is an option for regular type characters. There's quite a bit of wasted plastic behind the MOTU Classics logo, which could easily have just been printed on the top of the card. Poly bag the accessories, AFTER THE PAINT HAS FULLY DRIED, instead of inserting them into the bubble or attached to the figure while still wet. Also, we could probably lose the rubber bands for the most part, just one band fully wrapped around the waist or something might be enough.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Someone, somewhere, not necessarily saying who, mind you, is probably laughing themselves stupid at the complete chaos this has wrought.
    You sir are 100% correct, and we all know who....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I've seen a lot of comments today on Facebook about Fangman not being worth $25/$27.00. I wish it was less expensive to make these figures but reality being what it is, production/material costs have risen necessitating this price increase (that in all fairness we announced back in July!).

As we start looking at a potential 2014 line, do fans want the same quality/accessories and package we have now, or would you prefer we found ways to cost reduce the figures back down to $20.00? This would likely include things like very minimal packaging (i.e. a polly bag), no accessories and reduced deco.

What say you? Keep as is or go for a less expensive version of figures that can come in closer to $20.00? Just curious what everyone's thoughts are.

Scott
    Wow dude, that is a really rude post. You make me glad I sold off the majority of my MOTUC. You want to know what I want out of the 2014 line? A competent company that knows the concept of moving to a new address, having new credit cards, and not have to send 20 emails just to explain a situation because the people on the phone are as dumb as bricks, and that is when you can understand them. Half of the time they don't even seem like they are listening to you because they can't understand you and you can't understand them. How about stop treating us like repeated battered wives, acting as if we should be grateful to be buying these toys from you when you are the ones that should be grateful to us for keeping you with a job. If it wasn't for the customers, Mattel would have gone the wayside like many other companies. So how about showing us the same respect you want us to show you instead of acting all high and mighty all of the time?

Go watch interviews off Youtube with Tamashii Nations and Bluefin. They know how to treat their customers with respect.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I agree with the sentiment that the shipping is the thing that really needs a good fix here, as far as costs go.

I personally don't mind paying $25 for the figures. I really like them, so even though that price stings I will pay it to get these figures that I love. But when you have to add $10 for shipping, that's when it really hurts.

Those shipping prices are far too high for how slow the shipping is. Anyone in the US who ships regularly can tell you that shipping a figure of this size would only cost between $5-$8 to ship via USPS and it would only take 3 days to arrive. The fact that I have to pay $10 for shipping and it takes up to 2 weeks to arrive is really bad.

It's even worse that I have two subscriptions, and for whatever reason they are shipping separately. So I'm getting dinged with two $10 shipping charges.

So I'd say if you guys are going to change anything, focus on the shipping charges. I think a lot of people would be more willing to pay the $25 per figure if they didn't also have to pay high shipping charges on top of it.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

What Pixel-Powers-Dan said.

And I'd like to add, that people need to stop expecting toys to cost just what the materials cost.
    Not saying it's a huge problem, but it's common enough it doesn't hurt to re-iterate that.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I agree with the sentiment that the shipping is the thing that really needs a good fix here, as far as costs go.

I personally don't mind paying $25 for the figures. I really like them, so even though that price stings I will pay it to get these figures that I love. But when you have to add $10 for shipping, that's when it really hurts.

Those shipping prices are far too high for how slow the shipping is. Anyone in the US who ships regularly can tell you that shipping a figure of this size would only cost between $5-$8 to ship via USPS and it would only take 3 days to arrive. The fact that I have to pay $10 for shipping and it takes up to 2 weeks to arrive is really bad.

It's even worse that I have two subscriptions, and for whatever reason they are shipping separately. So I'm getting dinged with two $10 shipping charges.

So I'd say if you guys are going to change anything, focus on the shipping charges. I think a lot of people would be more willing to pay the $25 per figure if they didn't also have to pay high shipping charges on top of it.
    This. I'm an International collector from Europe. I bought the 30th Anniversary DVD's from a store in the US, they were shipped on the 5th and arrived today. The package is way heavier than the average MOTUC figure. The shipping costs were $5.

Why are we paying $13 for shipping, for a single figure that takes almost 2 months to arrive???? Please explain me this, because right now I feel I'm being ripped off big time!
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

I want the quality, the accessories, the package and ... i want as is !
    http://killersha.deviantart.com/ Find all my MotU pics in the gallery !!

MOTUC want list :
    - SAUROD
    - TWISTOID / ROTAR
    - HE-SLAVE
    - CAMO KHAN
    - INDIAN FAKER

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Get rid of Handling costs. If I'm not mistaken this will also get rid of the tax on Handling since shipping alone would come after tax and is not taxable.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

But the figures are not $25-27. They are $32-34 due to a handling fee that is hidden in the total shipping. If $32-34 is too much for these figures, then the sky is falling...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Get rid of Handling costs. If I'm not mistaken this will also get rid of the tax on Handling since shipping alone would come after tax and is not taxable.
    You cannot simply eliminate them. They are a part of the cost of the figure. Whether their pricing model is reasonable or not is up for debate, but I doubt they are planning to reduce their profits.

Thanks Dan!!! VERY well put! PLEASE follow up with Scott on this when you do the walk through at NYTF. We all know that Scott will duck responding to this tread entirely. Please ask and if he gives you the "shipping is correct" or "I can't discuss because of legal", keep pressing him to give you and overview on how the economics of the shipping and handling work.

HE is the one who brought up pricing here so he needs to be held to this and talk to us about it honestly and not defect yet again!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    But the figures are not $25-27. They are $32-34 due to a handling fee that is hidden in the total shipping. If $32-34 is too much for these figures, then the sky is falling...
    So are you arguing my point or making it? It seems to me like we're syaing the same thing, you're just specifying the term "Handling."

The figures are listed as $25. If there is a handling fee hidden in the shipping, then yes I agree. That is what needs to be sorted. The point I was trying to make is that I think the shipping is much too high for how slow the service is. I think that is what Mattel needs to focus on correcting. If removing the handling fees is what fixes it, then great. That's what they should do.

And also our orders need to be combined, especially if we have multiple subs. Paying double shipping just because I'm receiving two figures is terrible.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Widget
    Finally, after 4 years of reading posts on here I am finally an offical member to respond!

I have read all the bickering/complaining/frustrations/ and what not that the fans have and Toyguru talks about.

Let's get to the point. They will not get rid of digital river. Like someone said earlier on here mattel must have sold there soul to get this crappy deal with them. The shipping wont change either.

As far as it goes I am a MOC collector. Been since '08 king grayskull till now. KEEP everything as is! As far as the white mailier, I like them to, cause they stack up real nice in my tubs. (speaking of which, I need about 12 for the first year figures. If anybody has, PM and mail them my way instead of recycling)

My solution like others I am sure said someway or time ago would be:

1) You have 4 dang quarters. You should have an option to ship your set
    a) 4 times every 3 months
    b) 2 times every 6 months
    c) 1 time a year
    d) every month
    with the charges for each one that you would occur and save
    You cry that you did do this and nobody liked that idea. You offered that back in middle of '09, the first year. When these items were hot and selling fast. Everybody and there momma did not want to wait on these figures. They wanted them ASAP, including me. Well, 4 years later that drama for me died down. I could now wait for my figures as long as there are no glitches and it saves me a ton of money.

2) Give choices for the MOC vs the polybag

3) StOP over-producing these. ( you are killing the line like they did back in the day)
    Personally theses should be one shot like back in the first year. Not no second, third, fourth etc priting like your are doing now. As MOC collectors know, the more you make the less yours is worth. Give a week or two of selling, and if the figure does not sell-out (according to your time frame), then you burn it and melt it down for the next project.

Yea this guys fires me up. My blood is boiling now. I am sure there is something else that I thought of that is now slipping my mind. I'll chime in later!

Again I am proud of finally being a member on here!

OH, I can't wait for my castle grayskull to arrive in all its polybag glory!!

E9"

So are you arguing my point or making it? It seems to me like we're syaing the same thing, you're just specifying the term "Handling."

The figures are listed as $25. If there is a handling fee hidden in the shipping, then yes I agree. That is what needs to be sorted. The point I was trying to make is that I think the shipping is much too high for how slow the service is. I think that is what Mattel needs to focus on correcting. If removing the handling fees is what fixes it, then great. That's what they should do.

And also our orders need to be combined, especially if we have multiple subs. Paying double shipping just because I'm receiving two figures is terrible.
    I agree with you. I just think as consumers we need to speak in terms of what the actual prices are. My point is that these are not $25 figures, even if that is what we are meant to believe.

The speed of shipping is driven by the actual portion of the shipping & handling fee that is designated for shipping. None of us know the terms of the deal between Mattel and DR. Regardless, as you have pointed out, the speed of shipping desperately needs improvement along with combining orders and managing shipping method in My Subscriptions.

Here is the thing about shipping that royally makes me made.

I paid $15 for the shipping of Netossa and Saint Walker. Had they shipped them to my actual address, they would have arrived on Wed, when they were shipped out last Thursday. Last week I bought 4 figures from Japan, shipping came to $22, they shipped it last Tuesday night and I had them in my hands on the following Thursday morning.

Dan is exactly right in that we are being charged too much for more time. When I can get something from Japan in less than time than something to ship 2-3 states over for only almost the same price, there is a problem.

Or if you would rather, I ordered a different figure from Japan the other day. I paid $16 for shipping, she shipped out last night. She will be arriving on Tuesday (it would have been Monday if it wasn't for the stupid holiday). So that is $1 more for a day less FROM HALFWAY AROUND THE GLOBE!!

Scott, you guys and Digital River have totally sucked the enjoyment I get out of this line. I feel like I am bitter all of the time towards it rather than enjoying it. Right now, I don't even care if I get Ram-Man because I really don't want my sub anymore. Just give me the two figures I already paid for (King He-Man and Mollah) and I'm done. Refund me Netossa and Saint Walker, cancel my subs, and call it good. If I change my mind about Ram-Man, I can either just buy him on next month's DOS or just pay the secondary market value for him during the summer.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; January 18, 2013 at 12:35pm.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Pixel Dan speaks the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by easye9inches View Post
    1) You have 4 dang quarters. You should have an option to ship your set
    a) 4 times every 3 months
    b) 2 times every 6 months
    c) 1 time a year
    The problem with this is if you get a defective figure, by the time you receive it, you won't be able to exchange it for a new one. There are too many quality control issues in this line to take the risk of having them shipped out every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    I agree with you. I just think as consumers we need to speak in terms of what the actual prices are. My point is that these are not $25 figures, even if that is what we are meant to believe.

The speed of shipping is driven by the actual portion of the shipping & handling fee that is designated for shipping. None of us know the terms of the deal between Mattel and DR. Regardless, as you have pointed out, the speed of shipping desperately needs improvement along with combining orders and managing shipping method in My Subscriptions.
    Now I'm not saying shipping doesn't need to be fixed...because it does, but you CAN'T count shipping in the price of an item. Buying things on the internet means shipping in most cases(unless you are paying the highly bloated prices on pastgen toys), just because Mattel's choice of shipping is totally idiotic doesn't mean that the figures cost 34$ or whatever it means they cost 25 PLUS shipping so I think we can all let go of that particular line of questioning.
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    The problem with this is if you get a defective figure, by the time you receive it, you won't be able to exchange it for a new one. There are too many quality control issues in this line to take the risk of having them shipped out every few months.
    Yea, you are right about that part. This is mattel, and he-man we are talking about here. So I do expect problems. But, let us think in a perfect world for that one sec, lol