Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious what fans think - do you want a cost reduced 20.00 figure?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    This thread has become very painful to read.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    This thread has become very painful to read.
    Then don't read it.

For me it is not the fact that the figures are $25 for subs and $27 for day of.
    We were all made well aware of that prior to the year starting, and it makes sense, as everything inevitably increases in cost.
    The issue I am having is the fact that the shipping charges are getting higher and the quality lower.
    As a Canadian customer I am now forced to pay $13.75 in shipping for ONE figure.
    This method does not include tracking, and it's not even a speedy delivery. Time and time again Canadians have asked you TG why in the holy hell our packages take a tour of Sweden before eventually arriving in Canada... 6-8 weeks after the initial shipping date.. yet we still have no answer. So now we can look forward to paying more for even less when it comes to shipping.
    There are obviously better ways to ship these items cheaper, Newgistics is obviously not the cheaper option anymore so it's time to find a better rate for your customers.
    I would be fine with the figures we have now in Polybags, but I know a lot of MOC collectors would be furious and really, it's not fair to them.
    So why not give fans the option to have their figures simply shipped in the White Mailer Box alone?
    It cuts down on size, weight and cost. Make it an option for fans who want a lower shipping cost. I'm not sure about others but I would be in for this option considering I open all my figures, I don't care if the card is damaged.

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder, if Toyguru intended to create these reactions?

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    LOL.

TG could make a thread saying "Thanks for being great fans", and a several people would jump at it and make it negative. I truly believe he was just trying to figure out if a number of fans would prefer poly-bags.

I think it's really just DR that has our anger. We need to direct that in a better fashion (how I don't know, as it's pretty evident that DR has a bad rep, and Mattel hasn't resolved it).

Heroic Warrior
    More than likely.

Quote Originally Posted by spoogyrm View Post
    Right? People are being crazy, saying things like, "I speculate that it would only cost $5 to ship this figure..." Well, they speculate wrong. The cost of shipping a single figure around various parts of the US is around $9 at LEAST, and that's not counting ANY packaging or handling. I actually feel bad for Scott at this point, because people just aren't getting it. I mean, how hard is it to look up a shipping rate?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, MAYBE, just maybe it has something to do with where you live, where the person you shipped it to lived and what shipping methods you chose.
    I've read the thread. I also know that it costs $8.50 or so to ship a figure to the places people have cited (like Michigan,) from California. That's not counting packaging or handling. People are saying things about using Cornerstone Logistics (which isn't likely a realistic option,) and that they just can't figure out how come it might cost less to mail the same figure somewhere else. It isn't especially compelling.
    OK, so then as a person who ships stuff all the time to my customers....I have no Idea what I'm talking about? Good to know.

I know I can ship for $5 or $6 using USPS, and sending it 7-10 days....much like Cornerstone....the $8 or $9 is Priority Mail 3 day shipping....

A Transformers Leader Class Starscream from the HFTD line, much heavier than a standard MOTUC figure boxed....I know this too, because I ship those as well....cost me $6 to ship 7-10 day Parcel Post, and was $8 something for Priority, and I opted for Priority, this was to CA....This was just a short while ago, and I just shipped a MOTUC figure last week for $7.35 Priority Mail to Oregon....so, WOW....then I must be wrong about what I actually paid out to the Post Office after hearing them wrong telling me the price....

Handling, no matter how it's justified is asinine and it's very funny many companies can do without that charge....

"People are saying things about using Cornerstone Logistics (which isn't likely a realistic option,)"

What is this even about, Matty uses Cornerstone....I haven't seen anyone say they personally use it....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Right? People are being crazy, saying things like, "I speculate that it would only cost $5 to ship this figure..." Well, they speculate wrong. The cost of shipping a single figure around various parts of the US is around $9 at LEAST, and that's not counting ANY packaging or handling. I actually feel bad for Scott at this point, because people just aren't getting it. I mean, how hard is it to look up a shipping rate?
    I looked up competitive shipping rates. The rates I looked up were from the point of origination for our Matty orders in Ontario, CA to my home. I listed the rates for both UPS and USPS. Every single one skewed high from marginally to egregiously when compared to the rates Matty charges. Looking up the rates (using the weight of my most recent package from Matty, so don't give me the "it's a weight thing" argument) is NOT speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    LOL.

TG could make a thread saying "Thanks for being great fans", and a several people would jump at it and make it negative. I truly believe he was just trying to figure out if a number of fans would prefer poly-bags.
    If he really wanted to do that, it would have been far more effective to simply create a poll, as someone else suggested earlier. What he did here was in no way, shape, or form an effective way for gauging fan opinion. All it was ever going to do was spark fan overreaction (mission accomplished).
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    No....he wouldn't do that....Would he?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Keep everything the same. It would be nice though if you offered say a quantity discount on larger orders. So say a bunch of subscribers could pool there orders together to get a cheaper price. Like say a 5% off each item for a subscription of 5 or more, 10% off for 12 or more, 15% off for a sub of 25 or more, 20% off for 50 or more and 25% off each item for 100 or more. Something like this might get subscribers to place larger orders as well to get a bigger discount. Plus, online retailers like BigBadToyStore would probably up there order as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post

If he really wanted to do that, it would have been far more effective to simply create a poll, as someone else suggested earlier. What he did here was in no way, shape, or form an effective way for gauging fan opinion. All it was ever going to do was spark fan overreaction (mission accomplished).
    The problem with that is that a poll deals with real numbers. Scott likes to cherry pick individual posts that are more in line with his intentions and then say it's "what the fans demanded."

I'm pretty new here, and I'm pretty new to the line, as a late comer to the party, I haven't got a sub, but I'm seriously considering one for next year, if there is a next year... I don't think $27 a figure for product of this quality is too much, however I have to agree with the over all sentiment that the current shipping rates from Matty and DR are fifty shades of cray cray. I've been looking at the secondary market to help me catch up with some of the figures I missed and the shipping rates I'm seeing there are substantially less then what is offered by Matty and DR. It just seems a little shady to me

I know you! XD

Fun fact. It is cheaper shipping to Canada via USPS than it is to ship within America. Figure that out.

Aww it's my favorite Canadian! I'm gonna go with blame Canada

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    A poll would have been a better idea, no doubt.

I'm with those that say keep things status quo. I get the discussion about the shipping, yes it seems high to me too. But we're not seriously considering ditching the packaging, accessories and/or paint deco are we? No to that.

PS. I didn't read the whole thread, too much angst.

I would pay more for more stuff not less for less.
    For Honor! For Glory! For Asgard!

Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    Read my post #542. It cost me $4.90 to ship the figure priority mail in the same box with a new label. I wasn't shipping it far but then again I only live 2 hours from the warehouse so why is it costing me almost $10 for snail shipping?
    Because you're getting hit with "their" flat rate. Not that it's right, but it's what they have in place.

When I have a figure shipped around the size of a classic I expect to pay around the $8.00 range every time no matter where it ships from, despite of what some one else might be able to ship it for.

When some one buys a single figure domestically what they need to do is just make it nice and simple. Use ONE service, Priority Mail and charge every one $8.00 each.

That way every one gets their stuff within 2-3 business days from the day shipped, Mattel can't say that they have to pay for boxes since the boxes are free and the parcels that cost slightly more then $8.00 to ship are evened out by the ones that don't with the extra money used as handling.

I'd start with that basis and configure it from there since it's easy and will solve a lot of problems right off the bat since I'm willing to bet that a high % of people only have for instance 1 sub.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The BLAY View Post
    As a Canadian customer I am now forced to pay $13.75 in shipping for ONE figure..
    Bro...Florida. $15.00...for one figure.

I challenge Scott to explain this to me.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I prefer the figures as they are now. $25 MOC (even though I will open eventually).

Shipping needs to be figured out though. Was expecting it to go up but not $40 for three figures. $15 maybe.

Heroic Warrior
    Berserker is absolutely correct. This is Scott's passive-aggressive way of scaring people into stoping to complain. Turning fans against ourselves is his way of deflecting the criticism from where it belongs - with Mattel.

Some day, I'd love to write a really in-depth article (there is enough to write a book, but I wouldn't devote the time) about the history of this line, told using quotes from Scott as the guide map. It astounds me what a short memory people have - the amazing contradictions, sometimes days or even hours apart, the statements that fly in the face of all known reality, the tricks used to lure people into doing what is best for Mattel's business no matter what the truth actually turns out to be.

It's starting to catch up to him - the monumental embarrassment of Bob Gale, who was used by Mattel to sell preorders for the Hoverboard and then publicly apologizes for even being involved in the mess once he saw the final product, is just the tip of the iceberg. I have a feeling that someday after the line is done the 4H will speak on the proceedings and shock the holy heck out of even those who are the most ardent among the blindly supporting portion of the fan base.

ok yeah then there is something drastically wrong here!
    I assumed the shipping prices to the US were at least acceptable.. this is just nuts

Even though I think it is very dear, I am willing to pay $27 per figure.
    The problem for me as an international fan is that the higher price means that I now get stung with customs on even one individual figure, which I did not before.
    I don't want to lose deco or accessories but I would be willing to have my figures in a polybag if it meant a couple of bucks off the price and a lower shipping cost.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Podcaster
    $25 or $27 is fine with me. We are almost done anyway. Do NOT skip the accessories or deco or (puke) send them to me in poly-bags.

That would just make the last year or two worth of figures look like MOTUC knockoffs and not go along with the other figures we have.

Now to go back and read how nasty this thread has gotten.
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Heroic Warrior
    This is HILARIOUS!!!!! Here is an idea, lower the cost back down to $22.00, keep packaging and weapons , oh and by the way BEEF UP THE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! You raised the price, have horrible customer services and now MATTY IS BLEEDING!!!!!

I dont care what anyone says. I know what is happening. Otherwise Guru would have not said anything about this.