Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious what fans think - do you want a cost reduced 20.00 figure?

Evil Master of Halloween Sorcerer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Or will we end up seeing things like DB Skeletor, Mek, Spikor...etc again?
    Just our of curiousity, what do you mean by that?
    "Nothing in this world is the was it should be. It's harsh, and cruel, and that's why there's us. We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it could be."

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Do we get to pick the 10 Masters depicted on the garbage bag?
    That's extra deco Orbles... I wouldn't push it. It'll drive the shipping price up.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the black plastic issue...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

I think he means, ending with production of figure made with black plastic painted over...

Quote Originally Posted by ToyGuru
    Shipping is not a profit center at all for Mattycollector. In fact, for the last few years we were losing money on it.

I can tell you we 100% hear that it is the shipping costs that are turing off fans, not the current prices of the figs. I am actively working with DR, the Digital Group and management to see if any options are available. It is hard to find reductions on shipping as this is what it costs to physically send figures out.

When you have collector lines that are two low quota for retailers, online distribution (with that extra addition of shipping charges) becomes part the collecting process.

But with that said, we are going to explore any and all options. It doesn't mean we are guaranteeing lower shipping costs, but I will continue to look into any options as a priority.

TG
    Possible progress?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Well I am glad that TG knows it's the shipping that is the issue. The new line up of 2013 figs looks amazing, no one wants them to cut back on that type of quality!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I wonder, if Toyguru intended to create these reactions?
    Give me a sec while I put my conspiracy hat on.....

OK.

Remember that head-scratching response about how 10 Netossa's were opened & none of them had the back spot on the cape? Well, thanks to this thread, the responses to that rather peculiar answer have all but disappeared & the angry mob has moved on to the next thing.

*conspiracy hat now off*

However you dice it, it clearly comes down to one thing and that's the handling and not the actual shipping as the problem, although they want you to think that it's one in the same as if that's what "they're" actually getting charged and simply passing it on.

We all know that it doesn't cost any thing near $15.00 *in actual shipping domestically* to ship either a one or two pound box any where in the country.

No to mention, that's with IMO the best over-all service out there Priority Mail, in which they don't even use. To say that they can't even come up with any options or are having trouble doing so is ludicrous.

This is one area in which they're highly exposed because "we" actually have statistics on this sorta stuff and credible information unlike the ins and outs of what it actually costs to produce a figure.

So what's the handling fee that they have in place like $7.00 a figure? Insanity...

They need to get it done and stop coming up with lame excuses.

Shezar-Illumina-Crita fan The All American's Avatar
    Maybe Skeletor has taken over USPS, UPS, and other shippers in order to make Mattel pay exhorbitant rates. He's angry the bios don't name him as the Master of the Universe. Maybe Sparks, Nevada is really Snake Mountain!

I will go for polybags 90% of buyers open them anyway.

I don't get why the shipping costs so much and yet it's so slow. I got my shipping notice over a week ago and cannot now expect delivery sooner than Tuesday. Funnier thing is the extra sub I added to help save the line and was shipped at the same time--THAT got delivered Thursday. What. The. Hell?!

So yeah, I'd say the shipping hasn't been worth it's cost. I don't want to lose the quality of the figures at all. I don't care as much about packaging exactly, but I I think putting accessories in a bag inside the bubble with no stupid bendy-band thingies would make more sense than putting the whole figure in a bag. But obviously I'd take cuts to the packaging before cuts on the quality of the figures.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I don't get why the shipping costs so much and yet it's so slow. I got my shipping notice over a week ago and cannot now expect delivery sooner than Tuesday. Funnier thing is the extra sub I added to help save the line and was shipped at the same time--THAT got delivered Thursday. What. The. Hell?!
    I'm pretty sure it's because of Newgistics being a middle man....which is also probably why we pay double for slower shipping as well.....it just makes no sense.

I'm fine with prices, but given what we're paying, I'd really like to see the petty cost-cutting measures (gummy weapons/body parts, painted-over black plastic, etc.) come to an end. The philosophy should be that if you have to resort to a cost-cutting measure that detracts from the long-term quality of the figure (Snout Spout's non-bendy, paint-cracking trunk comes to mind), then don't even bother. Go back to drawing board and re-examine the priorities for that particular release.

And yes, the shipping pricing is odd. During heavy months, the price is reasonable, but during months (like this one) where the club shipments are slim, paying the same price feels comically absurd.
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

Toyguru,

So, in regards to all the talk of shipping problems, I will add this. While I was speaking with the manager of my local post office yesterday to try to figure out where my Granamyr package has disappeared to (which was ordered within minutes of when he became available), she informed me that Digital River is shipping VIA Parcel Post (the cheapest and slowest option available) which is contributing to the issue.

To piggy back on my earlier post in this thread, I must say that this is by in large the biggest cost issue I believe in regards to this line. We are paying way above and beyond what it costs to ship Priority Mail and D.R. is using Parcel Post?

In the same way that you encouraged us to step up and save the line by subbing, I encourage you to do the same for next year by getting this issue fixed. I fear that if not handled correctly and promptly, this may be the straw that broke the camel's back in regards to the line going beyond 2013. I for one don't want something so stupid to be the demise of such a great line!

Respectfully,
    X

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hordak1974 View Post
    No they don't, prove it...

Honestly, I'll compare to the DC Universe figures that are currently in my WalMart... We pay $25/$27 for our current MOTUC figures we are usually have awesome detail, articulation, and at least 2-3 accessories. Now the DC figures in my Walmart retail for $19.96, and the figures are a little smaller(not by much, but noticable) and rarely have good accessories(my Green Lantern didn't come with anything and Green Arrow came with a flimsy bow) Speaking of such, the accessories that do come are all flimsy, not just Arrow's. So that extra $5/$7 makes a big difference to the quality of what we are getting. The big problem is the shipping costs which need to be addressed.

Anyways, aside from that, if I had to choose, then I'd want the figures to come with at LEAST the weapon he came with in the original series. And ones that have more accessories(Flying Fists He-Man, etc...) make them deluxe figures just like they were in the original line.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    I don't mind the cost, and I love the accessories, but If there were more "generic" army builder figures, or even "generic" weapons packs, I wouldn't mind if they were cheaper and in poly bags. Maybe down the road, royal guards and snake men could be offered as army builders in poly bags and just a run of weapons could be thrown into a bag and sold ....

Toyguru:

If what you're saying about shipping is true, can you please explain to us why (international) shipping for Griffin costs more then for Battlecat, which is also more expensive then Panthor? Are you still saying Mattel/DR doesn't make profit on shipping?

See Below....2 quotes. What exactly did you think I meant?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the black plastic issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONCHILD View Post
    I think he means, ending with production of figure made with black plastic painted over...

Quote Originally Posted by hordak1974 View Post
    More like 50%....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factorz View Post
    Toyguru,

So, in regards to all the talk of shipping problems, I will add this. While I was speaking with the manager of my local post office yesterday to try to figure out where my Granamyr package has disappeared to (which was ordered within minutes of when he became available), she informed me that Digital River is shipping VIA Parcel Post (the cheapest and slowest option available) which is contributing to the issue.

To piggy back on my earlier post in this thread, I must say that this is by in large the biggest cost issue I believe in regards to this line. We are paying way above and beyond what it costs to ship Priority Mail and D.R. is using Parcel Post?

In the same way that you encouraged us to step up and save the line by subbing, I encourage you to do the same for next year by getting this issue fixed. I fear that if not handled correctly and promptly, this may be the straw that broke the camel's back in regards to the line going beyond 2013. I for one don't want something so stupid to be the demise of such a great line!

Respectfully,
    X

- - - Updated - - -

No they don't, prove it...

It actually depends on a few factors though. For the small stuff yea, there's no excuse for some thing like Priority not to be used no matter where it's going domestically and still get a decent rate, but depending on where you are that is, "if far" from the shipper Parcel Post or UPS Ground would realistically be the only option for a figure like Granamyr.

Priority Mail gets REALLY expensive in a hurry depending on destination/size/weight at the rate of close to $4-5.00 a pound after the first if it has to go all the way across the country which is considered a (Zone 8) location.

So...and I'll just use the regular rates as if you or I were to go and ship a Granamyr to CA via Priority Mail since we're both on the East Coast it would easily run around $30.00.

Discount or not some thing like that isn't really feasible for Priority Mail in "this" case.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; January 19, 2013 at 09:40pm.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    $9+ shipping to California is a little to high

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    $9+ shipping to California is a little to high
    Yeah, no kidding! It would almost be ok if the package didn't go to Sparks NV, sit there for a couple of days, and then go back to CA. I've shipped packages as large as MOTUC figures, within CA, Parcel Post, at half the Matty cost, and delivered within a day or two!

Don't forget CA tax, too! I paid a little over $8 in tax on my January Netossas. It looked like a higher rate than CA state tax until I realized that the DR Shipping Costs are being taxed as well! I know eBay started charging fees on the shipping quotes but I didn't hear anything about DR shipping being taxable. Did I miss something, is this becoming a standard practice for online purchases? I've drastically cut down on my online shopping so I'm kinda out of the loop on this.

The fact that international shipping for Battle-Cat is $38 compared to Panthor's $21 is an absolutely absurd catastrophe. And yes, I did mean to use that word. Why such a huge difference? There must be a valid reason for this oddity. The shipping is spiralling out of control. As others have said, that's the (main) problem here, rather than the prices of the products themselves. They’re actually quite fair, IMO.
    Last edited by Krueger; January 19, 2013 at 10:11pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    The fact that international shipping for Battle-Cat is $38 and for Panthor it is $21 is an absolutely absurd catastrophe. And yes, I did mean to use that word. Why such a huge difference? There must be a valid reason for this oddity. The shipping is spiralling out of control.
    I am getting the impression that Mattel and DR pay their warehouse employees a hefty wage and that Battlecat is on the far side of the building so they take longer to walk and get him down. Seriously though, this thread will come back to bite us at some point down the road I'm sure. Scott will NEVER address the real issues and simply move on to the next little distraction. I really hope he gets asked some tough questions at NYTF during the Q&A.

Heroic Warrior
    the detail on the figures is one of the things that makes the line special. i would not want cheaper-looking figures just to save a few bucks. that said, you could put them in a plastic baggie for all i care. the packaging means nothing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    The fact that international shipping for Battle-Cat is $38 compared to Panthor's $21 is an absolutely absurd catastrophe. And yes, I did mean to use that word. Why such a huge difference? There must be a valid reason for this oddity. The shipping is spiralling out of control. As others have said, that's the (main) problem here, rather than the prices of the products themselves. They’re actually quite fair, IMO.

There's no telling what's going on with that one, but I can tell you that from some one in the states both of the prices are wrong if "I" were to try to mail a BC or Panthor to you. If using First Class, $21 would be too low and $38 too high.

A Battle Cat probably falls in to the 2-3 lb. range packed which would set it at right around $25 minus any handling fee, price of materials, box etc.

It could fall in the 3-4 lb. range though packed, I don't know off the top of my head, if so a little more, but defiantly shouldn't be $38, not with First Class any way. $30 tops IMO with every thing included, but again these are just the average Joe rates. They should have a discount in place and should be able to offer at least some better type of a deal.