Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 675 of 863

Thread: Curious what fans think - do you want a cost reduced 20.00 figure?

  1. #651
    Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Possible progress?
    Where did that TG quote come from? I'm in disbelief.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    However you dice it, it clearly comes down to one thing and that's the handling and not the actual shipping as the problem, although they want you to think that it's one in the same as if that's what "they're" actually getting charged and simply passing it on.

    We all know that it doesn't cost any thing near $15.00 *in actual shipping domestically* to ship either a one or two pound box any where in the country.

    No to mention, that's with IMO the best over-all service out there Priority Mail, in which they don't even use. To say that they can't even come up with any options or are having trouble doing so is ludicrous.

    This is one area in which they're highly exposed because "we" actually have statistics on this sorta stuff and credible information unlike the ins and outs of what it actually costs to produce a figure.

    So what's the handling fee that they have in place like $7.00 a figure? Insanity...

    They need to get it done and stop coming up with lame excuses.
    I couldn't have said it better. I don't envy Scott's position, but to look at us and say "Why yes, it DOES cost 2x as much for Mattel to ship a figure than it does any fan...not only that, but it takes over 2x as long to get there as well!!" is just nutty.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

  2. #652
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    87
    Where are people getting $15.00 a figure for shipping? I get 1 MIB figure shipped from Matty it is $9.90, 2 is 11.00 and that is not much more than what it is when I send out an item. I have sold some doubles of MOTUC MIB and shipping is over $7.00 and that doesn't include the cost of a box. Expecting a company not to add a few dollars into the shipping cost to cover materials and paying someone to ship it is just laughable.
    "Socialism is great until you run out of other people's money"

    Feedback- http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=188002

  3. #653
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,640
    Quote Originally Posted by ian5555 View Post
    Where are people getting $15.00 a figure for shipping? I get 1 MIB figure shipped from Matty it is $9.90, 2 is 11.00 and that is not much more than what it is when I send out an item. I have sold some doubles of MOTUC MIB and shipping is over $7.00 and that doesn't include the cost of a box. Expecting a company not to add a few dollars into the shipping cost to cover materials and paying someone to ship it is just laughable.
    UPS is almost $15 for one figure....

    I send figures and things all the time, heavier figures than MOTUC as I do custom figures....highest it ever cost me to ship USPS was $20, and that was Priority to Canada.... Otherwise I usually spend around $8 for Priority, or $6 for Parcel Post....and we all know Priority while a little bit more....gets there in 3 days....I'd gladly pay the $9.90 if I got my figures in 3 days....

    And....I never pay for boxes....most I pay for is packing materials, and usually I go to the Dollar Tree, and pay $1 each for whatever I need....bubble wrap, tape....brown wrapping paper...etc....so, I always offset the price for materials myself, and for like $5 I can buy enough to ship usually 5 to 10 packages....

    And I sold a few extra MOTUC myself....and to CA....$9 Priority Mail, buyer received it in 3 days flat....now like I said....if DR could send my figures in 3 days instead of making me wait 7 - 9 days for $9.90....I'd not throw a fuss.

    Lose the Handling charges, and you'll be on to something. Warehouse workers get paid hourly to ship....by nature DR is a warehouse that ships....it's not like they are a Department store that does a million other day to day things. But even Department stores can get away without handling charges....when you do the ship to store, or the store to you....

    Not to mention, Hasbrotoyshop doesn't need to charge handling, and I don't care if this is a low volume collectors anything....DR doesn't deal with the manufacturing end, they just do their jobs, and that is order fulfillment. Hence why Handling added is asinine.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 19, 2013 at 11:45pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  4. #654
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    87
    Go send a figure UPS and see how much it costs you. Better yet, a MOTUC MIB figure is around 1.1 lbs in a 12 x 9 x 6 box. Just calculated the price on the UPS site and it is $13.53.

    You are blaming the wrong company here. Comparing UPS and USPS is apples and oranges.
    "Socialism is great until you run out of other people's money"

    Feedback- http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=188002

  5. #655
    Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Possible progress?
    Quote Originally Posted by ian5555 View Post
    Where are people getting $15.00 a figure for shipping? .
    I call it an invoice/bank statement.

    I was charged $41.84, less $25 for the figure, less tax, leaves $15 shipping...

    Bullchips.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

  6. #656
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    87
    Not being a sub-member maybe I'm not getting something here. Do you not have an option to chose USPS instead of UPS for shipping so it is cheaper?
    "Socialism is great until you run out of other people's money"

    Feedback- http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=188002

  7. #657
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,554
    Quote Originally Posted by eCollector View Post
    Trying to think outside the box here, and this will sound radical to some but.... how about cutting loose the Four Horsemen? I mean I can't even imagine how much Matty is paying these guys to sculpt the figs, and I'm sure this is a big factor in the high cost of the figs. They're basically outsourcing the sculpting to these guys and I'm sure paying a pretty penny for it, rather than using their own in house designers, who seem to also have a hand in things, so they're double dipping on paying a design team.
    There are plenty of talented designers out there who I'm sure would do just as good of work much cheaper than the renowned 4H; thus providing a substancial price break to the customers. Take Kevin Kosse for example; his work is fantastic and rivals what we get from the 4H. I've read articles that the 4H want to move on and concentrate on their own material soon anyway.

    But either way, something has to be done or we're going to fall off the cliff... the price point has now exceeded the value for a lot of collectors, and I'm sure next year we will see another drop off in sales, and 2014 will be the last year, if we even get it. TG clearly sees this and that's why he made this post. He even said "potential 2014", as it very far from a given.
    If doing away with the current packaging, some (not all) accessories and the 4H, means that the line can continue indefinitly at $20ish a fig, would that save the line?
    Think about it, the line could go on for years creating new and obscure characters, along with past and new variants. Maybe even scrap the Sub model. There are things that could be done to save or prolong the line without sacrificing quality, but is Scott and Matty willing to do it????
    I seriously hope you are trolling. Because, if you are seriously suggesting to cut the Four Horsemen from MOTUC, you should simply stop thinking.

    1) the sculpts of the 4H are what make this line amazing and unique. Losing them would damage the line in ways you obviously don't comprehend.
    2) No packaging and less accessories would be reducing the figures to something less than they are now. How do you expect people to want that?
    3) Scott supposedly based this question on the opinion of 4 people on Facebook that thought Fang Man (one figure) wasn't worth $25. It's a diversion from the real issue that the majority realize is shipping costs and distributor issues.
    4) I am sure you completely misinterpreted whatever article you read regarding the 4H wanting to "move on". They love MOTU and were partially responsible for getting MOTUC off the ground to begin with. Plus, it's steady work that in tern helps support their own ventures.
    5) Actually, 2014 is a given. Scott stated several times 2014 is being planned and even suggest 2015 is too.
    6) All of your "scrap" suggestions would kill the line; no sub model would mean obscure characters would never get made, period. They need the sub in order to be produced and sold at numbers that justify their production to begin with.

  8. #658
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,640
    Quote Originally Posted by ian5555 View Post
    Go send a figure UPS and see how much it costs you. Better yet, a MOTUC MIB figure is around 1.1 lbs in a 12 x 9 x 6 box. Just calculated the price on the UPS site and it is $13.53.

    You are blaming the wrong company here. Comparing UPS and USPS is apples and oranges.
    What are you talking about? Who are you talking to?

    If you're talking to me I never said anything about UPS, except that it costs $15 from Matty for one figure....so....wherever you got that from....

    And I wasn't blaming anyone but DR....

    I send all my stuff, USPS, and I know the rates....I get roughly the same rates every time....hence all the talking in my post about Priority & Parcel Post....I don't use UPS because I have no need to, plus it's more money to ship than USPS....

    So why would I bother?

    And I use USPS when I order from Matty, hence the $9.90 in my post....I only used UPS when the difference was like $1 when it came to getting Granamyr from Matty, because I wanted to try it, but for a difference of $5 over an already high $10 for slow ass country touring shipping....I'll stick with USPS....

    Oh....and by the way, I buy from BBTS all the time as well....and....

    MOTUC 1 figure.....$7.39 UPS Ground, $7.75 USPS Parcel Post....which is a little higher than I personally send, but I get that....but still cheaper than $9.90 USPS / Newgistics & $15 UPS ground....

    And from BBTS, I get my stuff in like 4 days....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 20, 2013 at 12:55am.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  9. #659
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Possible progress?
    I want to know what happened to the "shipping through Amazon" angle TG suggested at Power-Con. I wish he'd comment on this.

  10. #660
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    What are you talking about? Who are you talking to?

    If you're talking to me I never said anything about UPS, except that it costs $15 from Matty for one figure....so....wherever you got that from....

    And I wasn't blaming anyone but DR....

    I send all my stuff, USPS, and I know the rates....I get roughly the same rates every time....hence all the talking in my post about Priority & Parcel Post....I don't use UPS because I have no need to, plus it's more money to ship than USPS....

    So why would I bother?

    And I use USPS when I order from Matty, hence the $9.90 in my post....I only used UPS when the difference was like $1 when it came to getting Granamyr from Matty, because I wanted to try it, but for a difference of $5 over an already high $10 for slow ass country touring shipping....I'll stick with USPS....
    How is it DR's fault? That is a UPS price. They can't do anything about it is my point and people are acting like Mattel/DR is ripping them off with shipping fees. UPS is setting that rate not DR so as I said, people are blaming the wrong company here.
    "Socialism is great until you run out of other people's money"

    Feedback- http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=188002

  11. #661
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I seriously hope you are trolling. Because, if you are seriously suggesting to cut the Four Horsemen from MOTUC, you should simply stop thinking.
    Lol. Gotta agree with the 'Musk on this. Mattel tried MOTU without the 4H on some 200X. It didn't work. EVERY Mattel action figure line the 4H doesn't work on SUUUUCKS.

    No matter how few "wise" collectors out there say MOTUC isn't a prestigous, high-end collectible line, they always fail at naming any othr american figure lines that are better. Obviously finding good toy designers is no easy task.

  12. #662
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    What about if he meant $20.00 figures in addition to the regular line? Like some variants, or D-listers coming in poly bags with limited accessories and paint aps?

  13. #663
    Heroic Warrior hlinhk128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    KYOTO-HONG KONG-CHICAGO
    Posts
    788
    I paid only $12.20 for all 3 subs figures to ship via USPS. And they only went to 2 cities on the way to me.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)



  14. #664
    Disciple of ********s
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Keep it as-is! The people who are complaining about the price increase have no clue how lucky we have it. Trying to compare the price of this line to full retail doesn't work... I liken it to something more direct, with limited production, like DC Collectibles' Ame-Comi figures which, in the same timeframe that MOTUC has been around, went from a starting $40 price tag to the last figures sporting a $70 price tag. A 75% price tag is hard to swallow, especially when for almost a whole year the figures produced were straight up repaints of previously released figures released at or near the original pricing.

    We have one price increase for sub holders in that time and, while 25% is a large chunk at one time, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what other direct, low-production lines have seen. And we get newly tooled parts with every figure, 12+ regular figures a year...

    Besides, reducing the packaging to polybag while also reducing accessories and deco would not fit any fan's collecting habits. MOC collectors would be left out because there wouldn't be anything OC. Openers (like myself) would be left out because one of the draws is the accessories available for posing and action shots. Both groups would be left out by the reduced deco because the figures wouldn't fit in with the current figures and their full(er) deco.

    I say keep it the same. Please don't let a few bad apples spoil this for the rest of us who love the line so much as it is.

    By the way, Fangman is totally worth the price, and the people complaining most likely don't like the FILMation influence more than anything else. The sculpt, the accessories, the deco detail... All of these things come together to make this a $25/$27 value unless you just don't like the character or cartoon influence. Then no amount of sculpt, accessories or deco detail will make it worth even $15.
    Perfectly said - 100% behind keep as is and happy to pay the new prices (noting I am a Subscriber since Day1 of the offer of MOTUC subscriptions). Please please please do not change to ... urgh.. poly-bags.....aside: Fangman is an awesome 'come to reality' figure. Keep 'em (and everything) coming!!!

  15. #665
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    153
    I have a quick question, what's with Scott bringing a .org user poll on a few rubes saying something on facebook? Not to mention the absurdity of the dispute over Fang Man. It is very clear that Fang Man has great accessories, clever new sculpting, and all around a great new addition to the line. Does anyone else think it rather weird that Scott all the sudden brings this up as a point of contention, especially, when most of the .org base knows (and is excited) about Fang man? It just seems rather stupid. Like THIS is the complaint to bring up a .orger user poll? Seriously? I digress.

  16. #666
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,920
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    This thread is starting to spin in circles, with some people posting without consideration to others desires and others clearly not very educated on the subject matter.

    What seems to be truly "changeable" is the shipping rates, as well as Mattel/Scott ensuring better quality control and customer service for "high-end adult collectibles."
    You know, in retrospect, I wish more folks had this "nobody gets left behind" consideration for their fellow collectors and willingness for alternative suggestions when last year, during the subscription numbers panic, it was decided that virutally every slot beyond 2013 had to contain a character of a certain popularity level.

    While I realize several core characters were long overdue and there needed to be a shift of some sort in that direction, I think if you add up the number of collectors who were still interested in getting a couple concept figures, certain variations (i.e. toy line), and less demanded standard characters ala someone like Perfuma thrown into the mix, I think, collectively, that group might possibly exceed the MOC "displayers".

    Having said that though, one of the thoughts I've been struggling with since this thread started is:

    Is it equal to compare the packaging lovers with the latter aforementioned group?

    What I mean is... I'm not sure you will find even one collector who will say that they like the MOTUC packaging *more* than the actual figures, whereas there are no doubt folks on here who would rank Perfuma above many of the "A-Listers."

    Second thought: Would it be inconsiderate of me, if I started requesting higher-quality packaging with a different color scheme, artwork etc... you know, because the packaging would no longer be consistent with most of the line?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  17. #667
    Court Magician SkeleGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Millstone Township, NJ
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    but reality being what it is, production/material costs have risen necessitating this price increase (that in all fairness we announced back in July!).



    Scott
    If you are going to keep demanding nearly $30 for figures that routinely have quality issues, and ask us to invest blindly in a product that in recent years have had some pretty questionable figures offered, you should really share the full "reality", as you say. As for the announcement you made in July, we had no idea what we were being asked to invest in, other than a product schedule. That schedule, by the way, constantly changes. Fairness is a funny word to use here. In my industry (I'll spare you what it is), if we selectively disclose material facts, and keep our customers in the dark like you do, we go to jail. Material omissions are a funny thing, Scott. Don't offer me a junk figure for $20 that will be even worse quality than that offered now. Make the current figures at a high level of quality on par with what we currently pay for, and we'll be happy. Don't feed us B.S. on how cost is an issue. If you weren't making enough for Bryan Stockton, David Allmark or your other senior guys to have their Hampton House and their helicopter to get them there, then come out and say it. This, regardless of what you claim, is a viable line at a better quality, and this price point. If I am wrong, prove it. Post your actual per-figure costs, Mattel's other COGS, and Mattel's eventual profit. Though, I am sure you'll tell me Mr. Normile has some excuse as to why you can't...

    As for me personally, I am certain that this is my last sub year. I am fed up with the way Mattel treats us fans. You often shovel garbage down our throat, and expect us to enjoy the taste, and just be happy that the line is continuing. I'll gladly go back to trolling ebay for the old stuff, which was made to actually satisfy the customer.
    SkeleGreg, Overlord of Central Jersey

  18. #668
    Heroic Warrior Buzzchuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    159
    I think things need to stay the way they are. If it saves money to get ride of the rubber bands and plastic inside the bubble I'd be okay with that. Vintage GIJoes and Star Wars figures just floated inside their bubbles. If you got ride of the entire package we'd loose to many MOC collectors.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

    Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

  19. #669
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,228
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Is Scott even reading this thread? He hasn't chimed in once among the chaos he created since the first post.
    That's because he honestly doesn't care what we think. He is only in this line for his own wants. Look at how quickly he abandoned the DCU line the moment they got the remainder of his precious Super Powers characters out. He will drop this line just as quick when it suits him, but in the meantime, he will pretend to care, pretend to show concern for the future of the line, all because he probably hasn't gotten the remainder of his wanted characters. That, and he wants us to continue to set our money down towards it because we have to feel lucky to even have this toyline. And I'm not joking. I saw posts on other pages where people said, "We should just be lucky we even have this line going on..." which is bs. Just because the line exists does not mean we have to take it up in whatever side Mattel wants us to.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  20. #670
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,640
    Quote Originally Posted by ian5555 View Post
    How is it DR's fault? That is a UPS price. They can't do anything about it is my point and people are acting like Mattel/DR is ripping them off with shipping fees. UPS is setting that rate not DR so as I said, people are blaming the wrong company here.
    I never said anything about UPS....I was talking about USPS....seriously? Where do you keep getting I was talking about UPS?

    And DR is the whole problem behind a lot of issues....

    And as far as the USPS....Newgistics may be a partner, but it's only 20% USPS involved....Newgistics is a stupid solution when the USPS is entirely capable of handling huge amounts of shipments from start to finish. So actually claiming it's USPS Ground is not entirely accurate, and the rates are bloated to say the least....

    And I do blame DR, because they chose Newgistics....when they could have just as easily went with 100% USPS service. You can't blame a shipping company for the distributor that chose to use them....now can you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    That's because he honestly doesn't care what we think. He is only in this line for his own wants. Look at how quickly he abandoned the DCU line the moment they got the remainder of his precious Super Powers characters out. He will drop this line just as quick when it suits him, but in the meantime, he will pretend to care, pretend to show concern for the future of the line, all because he probably hasn't gotten the remainder of his wanted characters. That, and he wants us to continue to set our money down towards it because we have to feel lucky to even have this toyline. And I'm not joking. I saw posts on other pages where people said, "We should just be lucky we even have this line going on..." which is bs. Just because the line exists does not mean we have to take it up in whatever side Mattel wants us to.
    It kind of is BS....I personally am not willing to be bent over just to satisfy a corporation that makes great profits, just because oooh I have contact with the Brand Manager of one of only 2 Mattel lines I fully collect....I have 2 Ghostbusters, and as soon as I have Ray & Winston, in the standard Uniform with Proton Packs....that's it, so I wouldn't even consider that collecting the line, because I only want the 4 main figures. And I collect Hot Wheels....to a very minimal extent.

    Hasbro gets and has gotten more of my money than Mattel ever has. I am glad the line exists, because the figures bearing such close resemblance to the Vintage figures I had so many memories tied to is a great thing....did I need the line to take my money....no. The main reason I'm even here is because I have been disappointed with the recent Transformers since DOTM came out, and even the new Generations are king of a fail to me, except maybe Blaster & Grimlock....but the new G1 / Comic hybrid style that may be coming in Generations....may just get me back for a few figures, especially if Prime finally gets a non movie Trailer, or hell even if can use the DOTM Deluxe trailer, but I would hope for a new mold.

    I have 4 figures left to buy, that are absolute necessities from MOTUC....and if I so choose I can stop collecting this line at any time....I can get the rest of the 2013 figures I don't want, and sell them off, get Grayskull and wait patiently for the last 4 figures I need....which I seriously believe 3 of the 4 are coming soon....by the end of 2014....if we get a line then....I should have all I need to be able to completely walk away....

    Would I love to see the line continue? Yes....but things need to be better handled in the future.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 20, 2013 at 12:28pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  21. #671
    Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    That's because he honestly doesn't care what we think. He is only in this line for his own wants. Look at how quickly he abandoned the DCU line the moment they got the remainder of his precious Super Powers characters out. He will drop this line just as quick when it suits him, but in the meantime, he will pretend to care, pretend to show concern for the future of the line, all because he probably hasn't gotten the remainder of his wanted characters. That, and he wants us to continue to set our money down towards it because we have to feel lucky to even have this toyline. And I'm not joking. I saw posts on other pages where people said, "We should just be lucky we even have this line going on..." which is bs. Just because the line exists does not mean we have to take it up in whatever side Mattel wants us to.
    I don't feel like TG has bad intentions. Perhaps I'm the fool, but I imagine TG works on this line because he loves it. As he has said, this line is given limited resources by management, it's not a big profit maker for Mattel. I believe that. All the conspiracy theories are just speculative. One thing that is certain, and we all know this, Mattel is trying to make the most profit they can on these, it's a business. And they hold the rights to the characters we love, so that's why we put up with so much. But we are extremely fortunate to have fans (talking about the Four Horsemen primarily) bringing MOTU back for another ride. And I feel like TG and others at Mattel are proud of this brand as well.

    I like that he and Mattel make an effort to talk to the fans. Do some reactions come off snarky? Yes. But, many of the questions from the fans are too. At least there is a line of communication. Because there is, we let our demand known for so many great things in this line, like Filmation characters and Castle Grayskull.

    We're all human, all emotional to a degree. I understand why we react the way we do to even a post about poly-bags...WSOD, inflated shipping, some bad QC, and contradictions from time to time. Posting conspiracy theories, while in every right, really does nothing positive to get a solution to our problems. If the real issue is shipping, maybe we should all sign a petition thread to improve shipping. If Mattel doesn't do anything, at least we made an effort and let our voices be heard rationally.

  22. #672
    I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hammond, IN.
    Posts
    627
    I'm probably gonna get my a** handed to me by the folks who want a $20 figure, but one thing I refuse to do without is the packaging. Think back to when we were kids, one of the best things about a toy was its packaging. If you wanna cut down on accessories or maybe release a basic figure and have a bunch of accessories set aside where people can pick and choose then fine. After all that's what weapon paks and the like are for, right?

    Mostly though you have gotta DUMP DIGITAL RIVER!!!

  23. #673
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I don't feel like TG has bad intentions.
    I wouldn't want to be in TGs position at all... He clearly is a fan and I do think he advocates for the fans/collectors. However, there are various parties involved 4H, Mattel, DR and we don't truly understand how those relationships impact things behind the scenes. In a sense, while he may advocate on our behalf, he does work for Mattel, who is central to those relationships and therefore, he does have an obligation to work within the constraints of whatever rules and guidelines Mattel has defined.

    On top of that, you have very passionate fans of a line that has had multiple incarnations that are used to resolve the end product (multiple cartoon series, comics, a movie, multiple toy lines). Each collector is going to have his or her own preference and thus you're going to have to accept that you won't please every one with each figure. And those that aren't happy will be very vocal over, at times, that are very minor "issues"

    While there have been some obvious design and/or manufacturing flaws... largely, this line is absolutely awesome. I honestly believe if TG would advocate more for nipping DR issues in the butt(and as many have pointed out, we don't know what sort of contract has with them) I would be a very HAPPY camper. I'm tired of dealing with them. I would not be surprised if that were to happen, this shipping mess might be resolved.

    The one thing that bothered me, is that in one of the recent QAs there was a statement to the fact that the figures get shipped from Mattel to DR.... is that even necessary? I think the question was in regards to supplies of specific figures and that DR was waiting for more inventory to arrive from Mattel. I wonder if that is elevating shipping costs as well.

  24. #674
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    I'm probably gonna get my a** handed to me by the folks who want a $20 figure, but one thing I refuse to do without is the packaging. Think back to when we were kids, one of the best things about a toy was its packaging. If you wanna cut down on accessories or maybe release a basic figure and have a bunch of accessories set aside where people can pick and choose then fine. After all that's what weapon paks and the like are for, right?

    Mostly though you have gotta DUMP DIGITAL RIVER!!!
    Nah, only selfish collectors would say anything....and being a minority of collectors....forget about em....

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-YOU-sacrifice

    This poll would pretty much agree with us....Packaging needs to stay.... Only 26% are willing to kill off MOSC collectors....a section of collectors that are just as numerous and essential to MOTUC as the loose collectors.... At least 74% get it, or at least acknowledge it.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 20, 2013 at 01:13pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  25. #675
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,228
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I don't feel like TG has bad intentions. Perhaps I'm the fool, but I imagine TG works on this line because he loves it.
    I definitely believe he loves the line, but I feel he knows it has out lived itself and is on borrowed time now. They goofed around too much making pointless characters (I love the 2002 series, but I honestly did not need Carnivus, Dekker, or Faceless One) and now, they are just trying to make it last to get in as much money as possible. Trust me, I don't think Scott is the ****** bag other company spokesmen like Geoff Knightley from the Spike TV Video Game Awards are, but I do feel he has lost base with the collectors of the line. Mattel wants something that is not there and my biggest thing is they keep promising us things are going to get better with Digital River, but they haven't.

    This is the fourth year into the subscriptions and it is inexcusable that I still have to spend an hour a day dealing with Digital River because they could not ship my figures out to the proper address. There is no reason why shipping should not be able to be combined to orders. There is no reason I should pay $15 shipping on an item to have it take 4 days to arrive, when I can pay $20 on double the amount of items to arrive from Japan, and have it be in my hands in 2 days. Why should I buy from a company that is going to make me spend hours upon hours dealing with them on the phone, in emails, when I can just go to another place, like Amazon, make an order, decide to combine it with other items later on if it hasn't shipped out already, have free shipping, and then if there is an issue with the item, three clicks on the website, BOOM, a replacement item has been shipped out to me and I have 30 days to ship the defective product back (and a shipping label has been sent to my email) or I get charged for the replacement item. This is 2013, NOT 2002. Technology has improved on a massive level. People no longer need to use DOS for their databases, so why are we still being treated by Digital River like it is 2002?
    Last edited by Dr Kain; January 20, 2013 at 01:24pm.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •