Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious what fans think - do you want a cost reduced 20.00 figure?

I say this... sub to get standard [as it has been packaging], but all standard figure resold on DAY OF SALE can come with reduced accessories and in a polybag.

This would also help boost sub sales as well.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Keep the line "as is" for the love of god!!!! These figures are worth every penny!!! It would be nice though for Mattel to make the commitment to lock down the $25 price point through the end of the line. That does seem to be the upper limit of what many folks are willing to pay for an action figure (no matter how awesome they may be).

With 33 subs coming my way in 2013, I'm feeling the price jump to say the least, but I stand by my statement that this line is worth it. It is the definitive MOTU line and in my humble opinion, the greatest action figure line in history

LONG LIVE MOTUC's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Then you're problem isn't the figure or the cost there of, it is the added shipping costs. If they are going to resolve anything to make it less expensive, then they should focus on this. I remember Scott asking at either SDCC or Powercon if people would be interested in having things ship through Amazon. What ever happened to this idea???
    What? Um, yeah, what about that idea? Sounds good, I just got a Griffin for $38 and free shipping....Early access as of right now has no perk for me, it may later like for the WP#4, but still the inability to combine shipping is pointless....$13 to ship Griffin USPS Plus $35 for the figure? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    As has already been stated... if the line goes polybag, we lose all moc collectors. For me this cuts my subs in half. If you would change to a different distributor, i may be willing to pay slightly more... further, if you announced you would switch somewhere else like Amazon, i think you would increase subscribers which would help prevent rising costs.
    And you will loose all MOSC collectors....maybe a few would convert just to keep collecting, but most would say bye bye. And there are just as many MOSC collectors as there are loose, plus you have those that collect both....so loose the packaging, and likely you'll loose the 2014 sub.

I for one like the mailers, they keep my packages safe once i open the figure, and it keeps them in good shape if I ever wanted to put the figures back as carded again....Plus the mailers have become part of many of the MOSC collectors packaging....

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I say this... sub to get standard [as it has been packaging], but all standard figure resold on DAY OF SALE can come with reduced accessories and in a polybag.

This would also help boost sub sales as well.
    That would still loose many collectors, and it doesn't really make sense to do. Those still buying DOS don't want a stripped down figure just because they don't have a sub....No one would buy the DOS stock except customizers or those that needed an extra buck....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Things are perfect now!!!!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I dont want poly bagged figs with no accessories. I want what we have for the price we are paying, if that means the paint aps are great and the accessories are worthy. I think with the higher price we should continue to get 2 accessories per figure and I do not count, nor have you in the past, a cape as an accessory.
    i agree 100% (especially the part about the cape)

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Keep figures as they are at $25.00; however, many fans have problems with paying that much for an adult collectible, then the quality being poor or Matty/DR customer service being very difficult to work with as documented time after time, incident after incident.
    this cannot be stressed enough.

customers are not just paying for the product they are also paying for a quality product and customer service. these things are built into the price that your customers pay for these items and when they are lacking, customers will complain about the price.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Keep it as-is! The people who are complaining about the price increase have no clue how lucky we have it. Trying to compare the price of this line to full retail doesn't work... I liken it to something more direct, with limited production, like DC Collectibles' Ame-Comi figures which, in the same timeframe that MOTUC has been around, went from a starting $40 price tag to the last figures sporting a $70 price tag. A 75% price tag is hard to swallow, especially when for almost a whole year the figures produced were straight up repaints of previously released figures released at or near the original pricing.
    this is true. many people here and on other sites seem to have never taken an economics class or have no experience with manufacturing. they should be ignored when they fail to grasp these concepts.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heres an idea - have Mattel throw some of their clout around and get SOMETHING into retail stores. Not DC vs MOTUC, but actual MOUTC easily available. I'd love to get a few figures for customs, I know parents that see these and want them for their kids until they find out they are SOL on getting their childhood favorites for their kids.

The lack of brand confidence that Mattel seems to have in Masters is depressing. If they actually stood behind you and not in front of you, this line could do gang busters at retail and offer so much more for the online model.

But whatever is done - DO NOT reduce deco. DO NOT reduce accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    As has already been stated... if the line goes poly-bag, we lose all moc collectors. For me this cuts my subs in half. If you would change to a different distributor, i may be willing to pay slightly more... further, if you announced you would switch somewhere else like Amazon, i think you would increase subscribers which would help prevent rising costs.
    Agreed. Look into Amazon again. I also get 2 subs; one to open and one to keep MOC. Switching to poly-bags would make it so I no longer need a second sub. You'd lose all your MOC collectors. The Secondary market purchases might drastically change as well. This is a collector's line, after all.

However, the suggestion of allowing the option to receive packaging OR poly-bags is an interesting notion.

Here is a question for you, Scott:
    1) Is it possible to set up the 2014 subscriptions so that, at purchasing time, you can "check off" if you prefer a full priced sub at $25 a figure (full packaging, full accessories, full paint applications) - OR - select a reduced sub which sends the figure poly-bagged with it's accessories? If it is set up this way initially, you'd have exact numbers for packaging and poly-bags.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 16, 2013 at 11:20pm.

Snappy Threader
    I don't collect MOC so my opinion is obviously skewed, but I would totally go for poly bag (as long as they are packed good). I don't want lower quality though, I want them to last years and years. As far as accessories, I would be ok with fewer accessories, they could always be offered in weapons packs down the road.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Don't change a thing!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

As an opener, I'm cool with minimal or even no packaging. If that alone was enough to bring down costs, go for it. A reduction in deco or accessories would likely make me a non-buyer, however.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

I think Mattel needs to cost reduce SHIPPING.

The fact that DCIE Sub Saint Walker figure (which was shipped separately from my 2 MOTUC Sub figures) costs $18, but had a grand total of $34.95, after shipping and tax on shipping, is INSANE.

My two Netossa figures, which have yet to arrive, came to a grand total of $71 and change. Yes, NYC tax is 8.875%, but the shipping is really too much.

I don't believe that shipping should be that high... plus, Digital River is one of the very few companies that has the gall to charge tax on the shipping because they claim that it is "shipping and handling." I don't know any company that I have ordered from recently that does this. It's clearly a cash grab for them.

Offering this line via another distributor will save the Sub in 2014 and 2015... well, that, and making a super popular figure like Scorpia the Exclusive will help.

Another point: Non-U.S. customers, who make up a decent amount of your customer base, or rather did prior to 2013, were priced out of the Subs.

Instead of charging a bigger Subscription Fee, you tacked the price increase onto the figures. That raised customs charges a LOT.

I've seen your replies to this in other threads and forums, where you basically say, "tough, it's a U.S. based line." That's an inadequate response, and a foolish one. You anger and alienate your non-U.S. customers, and in the internet age, there really is no such thing as a U.S. market, unless you want to limit your ability to grow the brand.

Just some suggestions.

I've been a loyal customer the whole time Matty has been around. I won't bother going into how ridiculous Digital River can be (there have been a lot of instances where Digital River has actually come through and I, and others, have posted about that, praising them).

But if you could make my 2 MOTUC Subs each month with a corporate rate UPS shipping charge of $10 or $12 INSTEAD of $15.10, or in the case of my 0.93 lb. Saint Walker figure at $14.10 shipping (plus tax on that shipping), I'd be a happy camper.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Don't change anything. Not deco. Not accessories. Not character selection. Nothing...

Well, I could take more figures more often, but other than that, I am having way too much fun with this line.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I just looked on FB under the Fang Man thread....4 people. FOUR PEOPLE complained about the price of Fang Man.

How does the comments of 4 people bring about the discussion of cost reducing the entire line??? Talk about a vocal minority!
    I was just wondering the exact same thing. Why start this thread because of a few Facebook posts? Especially after we've been told the "vocal minority" thing so many times. Even if every post in the Fang Man Facebook thread was a unique complaint, that would still amount to less than 100 complaints. That's less than "200" Orgers we heard so much about.

Just random as heck. Like others have said, most of the real price point complaints have come from the new shipping charges.

Wheres the poll at!?

Also, please try to make an effort, if not with Digital River, then with another distributor, to reward Subscribers by allowing them to add "Early Access" items to their Sub orders... it might mean that they get their Sub items later; and it might mean having to allow them access to the early stuff a little earlier, but the option needs to be there. Otherwise, it feels as though we are punished for Subscribing.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Don't change anything. Not deco. Not accessories. Not character selection. Nothing...

Well, I could take more figures more often, but other than that, I am having way too much fun with this line.
    As long as the character selection remains balanced
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'd be curious to know how much profit is being made off the handling portion of the S&H, because the prices charged for S&H are way more than I pay anywhere else.

I'm fine as is, but at the current price point, deco and accessories need to be maintained.

I mean, what happened with Neotossa this month? A cape? That's it?

Keep the deco and accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think Mattel needs to cost reduce SHIPPING.

The fact that I bought a Saint Walker figure in the DCIE Sub (which was shipped separately from my 2 MOTUC Sub figures) for $18, and the grand total was $34.95 is INSANE.

My two Netossa figures, which have yet to arrive, came to a grand total of $71 and change. Yes, NYC tax is 8.875%, but the shipping is really too much.

I don't believe that shipping should be that high... plus, Digital River is one of the very few companies that has the gall to charge tax on the shipping because they claim that it is "shipping and handling." I don't know any company that I have ordered from recently that does this. It's clearly a cash grab for them.

Offering this line via another distributor will save the Sub in 2014 and 2015... well, that, and making a super popular figure like Scorpia the Exclusive will help.

Another point: Non-U.S. customers, who make up a decent amount of your customer base, or rather did prior to 2013, were priced out of the Subs.

Instead of charging a bigger Subscription Fee, you tacked the price increase onto the figures. That raised customs charges a LOT.

I've seen your replies to this in other threads and forums, where you basically say, "tough, it's a U.S. based line." That's an inadequate response, and a foolish one. You anger and alienate your non-U.S. customers, and in the internet age, there really is no such thing as a U.S. market, unless you want to limit your ability to grow the brand.

Just some suggestions.

I've been a loyal customer the whole time Matty has been around. I won't bother going into how ridiculous Digital River can be (there have been a lot of instances where Digital River has actually come through and I, and others, have posted about that, praising them).

But if you could make my 2 MOTUC Subs each month with a corporate rate UPS shipping charge of $10 or $12 INSTEAD of $15.10, or in the case of my 0.93 lb. Saint Walker figure at $14.10 shipping (plus tax on that shipping), I'd be a happy camper.
    I tried to say this about the S&H before, DR doesn't have to do it, if places like Penney's and Sears don't BBTS doesn't, Hasbro Toy Shop doesn't....the "handling" charge is asinine anymore since almost everything is available online, and it's not like DR at Matty does anything anyway but take orders pull stock and pack boxes....this is what their employees get paid hourly to do regardless. They are a typical warehouse, of which I have plenty of experience, I know what exactly goes into order fulfillment, and it's not a hard task, especially in today's computer driven world, the damn computers do most of the work for you....

And WOW, the Mattel shop site can accept PayPal....whoa, what a foreign concept....why didn't Mattel just use the same damn E-tailer they used for the Mattel Shop site?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I'm fine as is, but at the current price point, deco and accessories need to be maintained.

I mean, what happened with Neotossa this month? A cape? That's it?

Keep the deco and accessories.
    And a reused shield that 3 figures already used....

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'd be curious to know how much profit is being made off the handling portion of the S&H, because the prices charged for S&H are way more than I pay anywhere else.
    Handling is an idiotic thing when you think that employees are already paid hourly to do this already as part of their job.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 16, 2013 at 11:35pm.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Keep it as it is. Poly bags...really? But the quality really needs to start being consistent.

Heroic Warrior
    Keep things the way they are! I'm not a MOC collector, but I dig the packaging and the bios. Not only that, but no way do I want reduced decos or accessories! 2013, from what we've seen so far, is pretty stellar. Let's keep it that way!

I don't think this thread should be taken as we would continue to pay ungodly amounts just to maintain the line....because many will not....something aside from cutting costs with teh figures needs to be addressed like as I and others have said, in cutting shipping costs, either toss the handling portion or something. DR has the highest shipping prices of any online site I buy from, and I do buy from company sites like Hasbro....not just BBTS or Amazon, and yet BBTS doesn't charge "handling" and they are their own store, not paid by someone who contracted them.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    As long as the character selection remains balanced
    Indeed. Rebellion, FilMation, NA, Comics, etc need bigger pushes, getting so much of the vintage all of the time actually reduces their effectiveness, IMO, and makes me less excited for them.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Drop Digital River, go with Amazon, get free shipping and all your problems will be solved...and you will regain the customers that have been lost and gain MORE customers (which might help you drop prices, without compromising quality, accessories, etc.).

Digital River + shipping cost = Mattel's two biggest problems.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm okay with the polybags and reduced accessories but not with reduced decos ( a flat toyish looking figure like Sy-Klone really stands out on the shelf, and not in a good way.)

Heroic Warrior
    I say keep prices the same and reduce the shipping and handling costs. Maybe ship 2 figures a month to help reduce shipping?