Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 863

Thread: Curious what fans think - do you want a cost reduced 20.00 figure?

  1. #726
    I'm Galactic! ChgoMarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The great state of IL
    Posts
    559
    Don't change a thing. The price is the price.
    Real friends are better than plastic ones.

  2. #727
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjor 9 View Post
    i would'nt give them any ideas , next we would get downloadable figures ,and a flat mailer with a bio card and accessories to stick on the screen of your downloaded figure , and this bio/ accessory pack would still cost $9 to ship. no I'm just joking, please no one go on attak mode
    You're correct, a poly bag would cost no less to ship unless the flat rate base shipping price went away. Because a set of stands from the DC line is still $9.90....now come on, they are not as big of a box, nor are they anywhere near as heavy.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  3. #728
    Widget Lulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    28
    No, I say leave everything as is. I'm not strictly a MOC collector but we must think of them through the whole line.

  4. #729
    Heroic Warrior Nekk-ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjor 9 View Post
    i would'nt give them any ideas , next we would get downloadable figures ,and a flat mailer with a bio card and accessories to stick on the screen of your downloaded figure , and this bio/ accessory pack would still cost $9 to ship. no I'm just joking, please no one go on attak mode
    You know, if you keep posting like that Mattel is going to offer you a job.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

  5. #730
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    [
    Just like going on once again about the figure vs. packaging....and thinking you know the truth about it, when it's only your opinion. As to saying that to MOSC collectors the packaging is not just as important, and to that your logic is very flawed.

    My logic is not flawed, and you have gone all over Robin Hood's bend here avoiding the topic itself.

    I'll keep it brief:

    1) People would not buy packaging that did not have figures in it.

    2) Some people (the number is up for debate) would buy figures without all the extra packaging.

    Therefore, in no case is the packaging as important or, as you have tried to say, possibly more important than the enclosed figure.

    I'm not arguing the validity of doing it, that's between you and Scott, who asked the question. But it's impossible for anything to be more important than the figure itself, as no one would buy the packaging on its own.

    Individual collectors may feel strongly about the packaging, but no logic in the world follows that it is as important in general as the figure itself - because of facts one and two above. One ould sell on its own (again, the amount would be up for debate), but I have yet to see anyone say they would buy the packaging without the figure.

  6. #731
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,876
    Am I the only one who's quite annoyed that Scott started this stupid thread, going off nothing really, and he hasn’t made a post since? There's just something about that that seems incredibly Trollish. Maybe I'm just grouchy today, but I find that irritating. If you look at it, there's actually no feasible reason why he created this thread in the first place. It just seems as though he set out to stir the proverbial pot. If that was his intention he's succeeded.

  7. #732
    Heroic Wisconsinite JSteele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Am I the only one who's quite annoyed that Scott started this stupid thread, going off nothing really, and he's hasn’t made a post since? There's just something about that that seems incredibly Trollish. Maybe I'm just grouchy today, but I find that irritating.
    Funny, I just went through every page of this thread looking for a response from him....funny how we were thinking the same exact thing. He just poked the bear, and now is sitting back and watching the entertainment

  8. #733
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,504
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    You're correct, a poly bag would cost no less to ship unless the flat rate base shipping price went away. Because a set of stands from the DC line is still $9.90....now come on, they are not as big of a box, nor are they anywhere near as heavy.
    Yeah, exactly. The minimum shipping on Matty is the minimum shipping, no matter how small of an item is being purchased. A small box of stands costs the same to ship by itself as a single MOTUC figure. So even if put in a polybag, I don't see the shipping cost going down due to the lack of packaging.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  9. #734
    Grenzgaenger belmont's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vienna.Wien.Vienne
    Posts
    415
    please don't - a loss of accessories or deco would be critical. Less packaging would be okay, but I wouldn't want the figures to down-grade.

    And as for the Fangman problem, just include additional accessories for a different figure and the price tag ist justified again IMO.

  10. #735
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    You know, if you keep posting like that Mattel is going to offer you a job.
    no thanks ,i couldnt take the pay cut.

  11. #736
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,105
    If you guys wish to have a back and forth discussion, please take it to PM.

    Otherwise, let's keep this on topic.

    • Discuss the topic and do not make it personal.
    • Let's try not to go over the same things over and over again. I realize it's a long topic now, and if you just want to pop in and give TG your feedback that's fine. But let's not go over and over the same points. Let's keep the conversation moving.

    Thanks!
    Jon
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

  12. #737
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    Funny, I just went through every page of this thread looking for a response from him....funny how we were thinking the same exact thing. He just poked the bear, and now is sitting back and watching the entertainment
    I think 5 days is more than enough with no response from Scott to consider it a sarcastic joke.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  13. #738
    Heroic Warrior darkmoon766's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Am I the only one who's quite annoyed that Scott started this stupid thread, going off nothing really, and he hasn’t made a post since? Maybe I'm just grouchy today, but I find that irritating. If you look at it, there's actually no feasible reason why he created this thread in the first place. It just seems as though he set out to stir the proverbial pot. If that was his intention he's succeeded.
    Well Said.

  14. #739
    Old Man Jack Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    Funny, I just went through every page of this thread looking for a response from him....funny how we were thinking the same exact thing. He just poked the bear, and now is sitting back and watching the entertainment
    And still, no word on shipping...
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

    My feedback thread

  15. #740
    Heroic Warrior orbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    My logic is not flawed, and you have gone all over Robin Hood's bend here avoiding the topic itself.

    I'll keep it brief:

    1) People would not buy packaging that did not have figures in it.

    2) Some people (the number is up for debate) would buy figures without all the extra packaging.

    Therefore, in no case is the packaging as important or, as you have tried to say, possibly more important than the enclosed figure.

    I'm not arguing the validity of doing it, that's between you and Scott, who asked the question. But it's impossible for anything to be more important than the figure itself, as no one would buy the packaging on its own.

    Individual collectors may feel strongly about the packaging, but no logic in the world follows that it is as important in general as the figure itself - because of facts one and two above. One ould sell on its own (again, the amount would be up for debate), but I have yet to see anyone say they would buy the packaging without the figure.
    Not to dispute your point. I agree people typically would not buy an empty package. But Mattel does have a history with this specific situation. A couple years ago at SDCC they sold a Hot Wheels Wonder Woman Invisible Jet, which was an empty package. See the joke? And no joke, they sold out and they cost about $20 or so. So, yes, some people would buy an empty package! Please, continue with your previous conversation.
    Last edited by orbles; January 21, 2013 at 05:59pm.

  16. #741
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I've seen a lot of comments today on Facebook about Fangman not being worth $25/$27.00. I wish it was less expensive to make these figures but reality being what it is, production/material costs have risen necessitating this price increase (that in all fairness we announced back in July!).

    As we start looking at a potential 2014 line, do fans want the same quality/accessories and package we have now, or would you prefer we found ways to cost reduce the figures back down to $20.00? This would likely include things like very minimal packaging (i.e. a polly bag), no accessories and reduced deco.

    What say you? Keep as is or go for a less expensive version of figures that can come in closer to $20.00? Just curious what everyone's thoughts are.

    Scott
    First off....

    4 people said something....and likely they were not Filmation fans....wow, go figure.


    Second....

    Do we want the same quality/accessories and package.....YES.

    Do we want a reduced to $20 figure that would "likely" include minimal packaging, no accessories and reduced deco (meaning all 3, not just one individual thing, cut to get it down to $20, but more likely deco and accessories making the most of the cost)....NO.

    Meaning likely it would take cutting everything but a bare minimum painted figure in a frigging Ziplock.

    "Just curious what everyone's thoughts are."

    Meaning....nothing. Expect 2014 to be the exact same as 2013. This thread was meant to exactly stir things up....which it did.

    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Not to dispute your point. I agree people typically would not buy an empty package. But Mattel does have a history with this specific situation. A couple years ago at SDCC they sold a Hot Wheels Wonder Woman Invisible Jet, which was an empty package. See the joke? And no joke, they sold out and they cost about $20 or so. So, yes, some people would buy an empty package! Please, continue with your previous conversation.
    I looked it up just now after your post....that is funny....I mean people will buy a damn potato that looks like Elvis from Ebay, so this is no surprise.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 21, 2013 at 06:07pm.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  17. #742
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2
    I think the price should stay where its at and the customers should continue to receive the quality figures they have since the beginning. As a previous sub-holder, part of the excitement was the packaging and the bios. Of course the figures are great, but I think if you resort to poly-bagging the figures, it de-values the brand. I think the problem with Fang-Man is the fact that Fang-Man was made instead of the countless other figures that could have been sold in his place. PS - if 2014 has a Filmation line, take my money now!

  18. #743
    Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Am I the only one who's quite annoyed that Scott started this stupid thread, going off nothing really, and he hasn’t made a post since? Maybe I'm just grouchy today, but I find that irritating. If you look at it, there's actually no feasible reason why he created this thread in the first place. It just seems as though he set out to stir the proverbial pot. If that was his intention he's succeeded.
    I hate to think that he's intentionally provoking the fanbase, but to ask such a question, start a 30-page firestorm and remain invisible isn't exactly what I expected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    And still, no word on shipping...
    I thought we'd at least get a "I'm looking at options..." or something to placate the mob!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

  19. #744
    Heroic Warrior Torak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post

    I hate to think that he's intentionally provoking the fanbase, but to ask such a question, start a 30-page firestorm and remain invisible isn't exactly what I expected.



    I thought we'd at least get a "I'm looking at options..." or something to placate the mob!
    Keep reading the Bios!

  20. #745
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,735
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Berserker is absolutely correct. This is Scott's passive-aggressive way of scaring people into stoping to complain. Turning fans against ourselves is his way of deflecting the criticism from where it belongs - with Mattel.

    Some day, I'd love to write a really in-depth article (there is enough to write a book, but I wouldn't devote the time) about the history of this line, told using quotes from Scott as the guide map. It astounds me what a short memory people have - the amazing contradictions, sometimes days or even hours apart, the statements that fly in the face of all known reality, the tricks used to lure people into doing what is best for Mattel's business no matter what the truth actually turns out to be.

    It's starting to catch up to him - the monumental embarrassment of Bob Gale, who was used by Mattel to sell preorders for the Hoverboard and then publicly apologizes for even being involved in the mess once he saw the final product, is just the tip of the iceberg. I have a feeling that someday after the line is done the 4H will speak on the proceedings and shock the holy heck out of even those who are the most ardent among the blindly supporting portion of the fan base.
    I am eagerly awaiting that moment. Why there are still people sticking up for him, I'll never know. I mean, pretending that you have opened 10 Netossa's and then retracting it afterwards, that's not being "incorrect", that's pulling an Armstrong
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  21. #746
    Heroic Warrior GRANAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    Posts
    195
    - Polybags + Same quality and accessories for less cost

    - Packages available at current price point for the MIP collectors

    *I've almost quit the line due to current cost

  22. #747
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,146
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    - Polybags + Same quality and accessories for less cost

    - Packages available at current price point for the MIP collectors

    *I've almost quit the line due to current cost
    Even as a loose collector, I love opening figures knowing 'no-one' else has touched the figure it helps give a feeling of ownership to the toy after you have freed it. When I get something loose, it doesn't fully feel mine.

    That said the options given are going to be all or none, all figures would be polybagged or none will. I don't mind them using the weapons packs as a means to get additional accessories for figures... within reason. I also understand recolored items in those packs are to help keep cost down of the packs. Figures should always come with 1-2 iconic items.

    I do still like the idea of actual secondary releases having the same figure but being stripped down on the packaging and accessories, largely because as a general rule collectors later to a line fall into one of two categories. MoC collectors who are more often than not willing to pay higher prices for figures, and loose collectors who often don't want to pay much more than cost of figure. By doing something like that it would still leave enough hunt for the MOC collectors, but they are no longer competing with loose collectors who often bow out and never get figures because of (personal) cost restrictions.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  23. #748
    Heroic Warrior darthdrew13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Posts
    504
    Do people not see the HUGE opportunity of going with BOTH options?

    A. Keep things as they are but only entertain the idea of reducing the amount of new figures for each year.

    B. Re-Release existing popular figures (2nd run) with reduced accys and in a baggie. It is meant to placate those who missed the figure during its initial release and give customizers cheap fodder. MOC collectors have an opportunity to pick-up loose versions of figures as well. Example: Fisto without the 200x gear.

    I think this idea has tons of merit and addresses both sides of the coin very well. Just my 2¢
    Take it easy,
    Drew

    Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

    darthdrew13's B/S/T

  24. #749
    Heroic Warrior isic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denver Colorado
    Posts
    234
    To me the argument that the figures would sell without the package, but the package won't sell without the figure to be somewhat of a paradox! Sure there are probably more people willing to buy figures with no package than people willing to buy packaging without the figure, but that doesn't mean that there are not people in either camp. Here is where the paradox comes in:

    If these figures did not come with a proper packaging and instead were sold in poly bags from the start, this line would not exist! The total audience willing to buy figures without a proper package, would still be too small to justify moving forward with production of such a robust line. We might have got the original 8 in poly bags, but no way you filmnation, pop and NA fans would have ever seen your most desired figs!

    Likewise with the packaging without a figure. There simply would not be a large enough audience to justify going into production. Therefore, if this line is to exist, the only way it can is by retaining a proper packaging. This line simply needs people from every camp just to survive! Also the audience willing to pay a little extra to keep these figures in proper packaging (whether they collect loose or MOC) will always be bigger than those audiences who prefer poly bagged figures or empty packages!

    Simply put, this line needs the MOC collectors just as much as it needs the loose collectors to survive! That means:
    no figures w/ packaging = no line!
    no packaging w/figures = no line!
    figures w/packaging = line continues!

  25. #750
    Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Home of the Power Tour
    Posts
    2,501
    I don't know why anyone expects Scott to post. He just posed a feasible question about the future of the line. I'm sure he wanted to see what feedback he would get. Subs are down this year. They could fall too low for next year - he needs ideas on what fans are looking for.

    There is no reason for him to post anything back on this thread because no decisions have been made and he just wanted people's opinions.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •