Thread: Skeletor gone for good? No! He's back on Matty...for now!

Hybrid View

Skeletor gone for good? No! He's back on Matty...for now!

It 'a bit of time that is not available for sale, will no longer be sold in the store essentials?

Heroic Warrior
    Looks that way. I think TG said as much recently.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Court Magician
    Toyguru popped on the forums with an update about the chances of getting the hard to find characters from 2012 and further back. Sadly, some highly demanded characters are completely gone. Read on to find out the identities of some of these unavailable characters.

Hey guys,

Wanted to post up a quick note to clarify and explain sales of older MOTUC product in 2013.

Most older pre 2012 figurss were offered last fall on Cyber Monday. If a figure was not offered during this sale, it pretty much means that figure is long gone (original Teela is a good example of this).

After Cyber Monday's sale we were left with very little stock of some older pre 2012 figures. We have been working with select online retailers (not major brick and morter retailers like WMT, TRU or TGT!) to offer up this product to both make room in our center for upcoming 2013 product and to help spread the word about the MOTUC line. So if you see some select older pre 2012 product up on other collector based websites, this is what it is. I posted this on the Mattycollector forums a few months back, but I want to repost this here to make sure their are no surprises.

As for older product actually on Mattycollector.com, you will see two things:

1: "Evergreen" product like He-Man and Skeletor (who is coming back as soon as our last shipment arrives from Mattel to DR). These will remain on sale until they are gone.

Who is "Skelketor" as the title of this thread suggests? There was never a Skelketor in this line!

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Who is "Skelketor" as the title of this thread suggests? There was never a Skelketor in this line!
    I was wrong to write, of course, refers to Skeletor

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Let's hope Skeletor to make his return in his Filmation look after this so called "2014-15 Wrap-Up Line" !!

He should come with his Filmation Havoc Staff, Battle-Orb-Axe & Cross Bone Sword ! I am sure he will ROCK !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Ever Green Skeletor SOLD OUT!

Hey guys, can't find anyone talking about this but i just noticed on matty that the so called "ever green"* skeletor is sold out, On the matty forums they are confirming he is gone for good and other "ever greens" will be going through the same thing when there stock runs out.

With talk of no more reissues i wonder what this could mean for the line and for those coming to it, i know a lot of folks have left the line but the Org seems to have a few people coming to it for the first time these recent months saying they just started collecting.

Is it worth buying a second he-man now incase the alcla head comes like Demoman ?

will the other ever greens sell faster now they are proven limited ?

Random Theory, If the rumours of MOTUC being only Sub next year and only DOS are true then there wouldn't be much point to countiuning the Evergreen line going if the line is just surviving only on its already set fanbase ? Why encourage new customers if they won't be able to buy new stock

It raises a few interesting thoughts to me ...

thoughts?

*I am aware Ever green was just a term used to describe this release, matty never intended the stock to be everlasting
    Last edited by eddie3429; March 18, 2013 at 07:48pm. Reason: new idea to add