Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skeletor gone for good? No! He's back on Matty...for now!

Skeletor gone for good? No! He's back on Matty...for now!

It 'a bit of time that is not available for sale, will no longer be sold in the store essentials?

Heroic Warrior
    Looks that way. I think TG said as much recently.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Court Magician
    Toyguru popped on the forums with an update about the chances of getting the hard to find characters from 2012 and further back. Sadly, some highly demanded characters are completely gone. Read on to find out the identities of some of these unavailable characters.

Hey guys,

Wanted to post up a quick note to clarify and explain sales of older MOTUC product in 2013.

Most older pre 2012 figurss were offered last fall on Cyber Monday. If a figure was not offered during this sale, it pretty much means that figure is long gone (original Teela is a good example of this).

After Cyber Monday's sale we were left with very little stock of some older pre 2012 figures. We have been working with select online retailers (not major brick and morter retailers like WMT, TRU or TGT!) to offer up this product to both make room in our center for upcoming 2013 product and to help spread the word about the MOTUC line. So if you see some select older pre 2012 product up on other collector based websites, this is what it is. I posted this on the Mattycollector forums a few months back, but I want to repost this here to make sure their are no surprises.

As for older product actually on Mattycollector.com, you will see two things:

1: "Evergreen" product like He-Man and Skeletor (who is coming back as soon as our last shipment arrives from Mattel to DR). These will remain on sale until they are gone.

Who is "Skelketor" as the title of this thread suggests? There was never a Skelketor in this line!

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Who is "Skelketor" as the title of this thread suggests? There was never a Skelketor in this line!
    I was wrong to write, of course, refers to Skeletor

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Let's hope Skeletor to make his return in his Filmation look after this so called "2014-15 Wrap-Up Line" !!

He should come with his Filmation Havoc Staff, Battle-Orb-Axe & Cross Bone Sword ! I am sure he will ROCK !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Let's hope Skeletor to make his return in his Filmation look after this so called "2014-15 Wrap-Up Line" !!

He should come with his Filmation Havoc Staff, Battle-Orb-Axe & Cross Bone Sword ! I am sure he will ROCK !!
    I would really love a Filmation Skeletor, but I really doubt we'll get him.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Well, It looks like we seen the last of this version !

Now I am looking forward to see his return in his fimation look in the future !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Court Magician

Now I am looking forward to see his return in his fimation look in the future !!
    Might also be a good time to update the elbow and knee joints to hide the pins so they appear seamless, like the newer ankles do.

I ordered one 2 months ago thinking I was going to get the "updated" one with the "THE ORIGINAL" on the packing and the new closed hand, I didn't. I got one with "THE ORIGINAL" on the package but the figure inside was the first verion with the open left hand...I WAS VERY HAPPY. I was going to go looking for his open left hand if a customizer wasn't going to use it, saved me some time and a lot of trouble.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Ever Green Skeletor SOLD OUT!

Hey guys, can't find anyone talking about this but i just noticed on matty that the so called "ever green"* skeletor is sold out, On the matty forums they are confirming he is gone for good and other "ever greens" will be going through the same thing when there stock runs out.

With talk of no more reissues i wonder what this could mean for the line and for those coming to it, i know a lot of folks have left the line but the Org seems to have a few people coming to it for the first time these recent months saying they just started collecting.

Is it worth buying a second he-man now incase the alcla head comes like Demoman ?

will the other ever greens sell faster now they are proven limited ?

Random Theory, If the rumours of MOTUC being only Sub next year and only DOS are true then there wouldn't be much point to countiuning the Evergreen line going if the line is just surviving only on its already set fanbase ? Why encourage new customers if they won't be able to buy new stock

It raises a few interesting thoughts to me ...

thoughts?

*I am aware Ever green was just a term used to describe this release, matty never intended the stock to be everlasting
    Last edited by eddie3429; March 18, 2013 at 07:48pm. Reason: new idea to add

I think it would be cool if Mattel included a Filmation Skeletor head with one of the six Filmation sub figures that doesn't have too much tooling. Would be easy to make. They could use the Alcala hood, and just sculpt a Filmation head.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The interesting thing about TG's comments is that they were getting more Skelly's; everything pointed to the evergreen product being leftovers from previous releases/re-releases, but this seems to indicate that the big two were actually still being shipped fresh (or at least Skeletor was).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    The interesting thing about TG's comments is that they were getting more Skelly's; everything pointed to the evergreen product being leftovers from previous releases/re-releases, but this seems to indicate that the big two were actually still being shipped fresh (or at least Skeletor was).
    I believe he was referring to them being transferred from the Mattel warehouse to the DR shipping facility.

If Skelly really is gone for good, they have officially given up on new collectors.

I think I am going to wait for the filmation versoin that should come sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    If Skelly really is gone for good, they have officially given up on new collectors.
    At this late stage there are very few new collectors coming on board. If there are some new collectors, he is very easily obtained from other sources at or below the current $27.00 price tag.

And yes, they are not looking for new customers other than at sign-up time in July. The line has 1 maybe 2 years left and what small amount of resources they are allotted are going towards finishing up what they started 5 years.

Heroic Warrior
    I, for one, am hoping that we get a Skeletor 3.0 which uses the finned Whiplash forearms and Kobra Kahn Shins to better reflect the vintage figure since the original classics release was more based on the cardback art. Basically Dragon Blaster Skeletor body with the standard Skeletor armor, staff, and sword.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    I, for one, am hoping that we get a Skeletor 3.0 which uses the finned Whiplash forearms and Kobra Kahn Shins to better reflect the vintage figure since the original classics release was more based on the cardback art. Basically Dragon Blaster Skeletor body with the standard Skeletor armor, staff, and sword.

This is a good idea - throw in a 2nd "Filmation inspired" head - just like the head which came with Demo Man was inspired by the mini comics.

I still think with Castle Grayskull coming - this has sparked interest again in this line - new people will be coming on board so a Skeletor and a He-Man refresh are much needed.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    I think I am going to wait for the filmation versoin that should come sooner or later.
    They recently shot that down. Mattel thinks that Filmation Skeletor or Teela look too much like the original versions to take a risk on them.

Ordinarily I'd think that's a cop-out, but with the recent scare about 2014 and 2015, he might be right. Maybe we should gather support until this mess is over with.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    I believe he was referring to them being transferred from the Mattel warehouse to the DR shipping facility.
    Yeah, I agree. I didn't take this as it being brand new, recently produced stock. Nor did I actually expect these "evergreen" items to actually last "forever" (aka until the line ends).

I think they just had that much stock left over of some of these characters that they've been able to keep it up on Matty indefinitely until they sell out... not that we are guaranteed constant replenishment of stock when/if they sell out.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

And yes, they are not looking for new customers other than at sign-up time in July. The line has 1 maybe 2 years left and what small amount of resources they are allotted are going towards finishing up what they started 5 years.
    And that is such a pathetic state of affairs, I have no words for it. That something that started with such promise plumetted so quickly thanks to ineptitude and laziness is so very sad...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    And that is such a pathetic state of affairs, I have no words for it. That something that started with such promise plumetted so quickly thanks to ineptitude and laziness is so very sad...
    So quickly? I'd say that a five or six year run is pretty darn good for a collector's line, especially since it spent most of its time without any supporting media.

Could it have been better? Yes. I'm going to be grumpy if I never get an Eldor, myself. Could it have been run better? Probably. I'm not sure the 'subscription' model was the best approach to take. Mattel might want to explore Kickstarter or crowdfunding for remaining figures. Were there issues? Most definitely. But it still had a pretty good run.

(Disclaimer: As a non-subscribing cherry picker who owns a grand total of nine regular figures and the two Giants, I really don't have much room to talk here. )

Oh, I don't know, it has had a very good run. Not saying there haven't been issues but I look at my MOTU collection and I gotta say...it's large!!

The sub model is what has brought us such a large and diverse collection. Yes, not all fans like the all-in method, but for most it does seem to work.

The sub model is what has brought us such a large and diverse collection. Yes, not all fans like the all-in method, but for most it does seem to work.
    The line was expanding BEFORE the sub was introduced, and thrived while the sub was just a service to collectors who wanted everything (like me) and day-of-ers were still people Mattel was courting instead of maligning. It was when the sub became the end-all, be-all of the line that it started contracting. The sub strategy has now been taken us to the point where we've lost diversity in the line, with the shrinking options being focused on completing the vintage figures with things like Gygor and other prototypes/concepts now out of the picture.

We have gotten a nice sized line now, but I still mourn for what still could have been had Mattel managed the line better and hired a company that had the faintest clue what it was doing managing a website...