Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 110 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 110 Discussion!

Episode 110 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Karla Marsh, James Doble and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode we discuss
    Coffee and beer,
    DC comics,
    Stjepan Sejic and Adam Hughes,
    Sorceress - bio,
    Fisto - bio,
    UK comics,
    Sword of Power in STAR comics,
    Christmas Special,
    iPad game,
    Shadow Weaver - bio,
    Kobra Khan - bio,
    Top Toys and Camo Kahn,
    Best of 2012 poll options,
    Karla's underwear,
    Draego-Man - bio,
    Thunder Punch He-man - bio,
    He-Man variants
    and much more!

Intro/Outro info:
    none

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on January 6, 2013
    Runtime: 1 hour, 29 minutes, 54 seconds

Direct link for Episode 110

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

YAY!!!! New Gooble!!! Somethin to distract from this crazy "what would you sacrifice" talk everywhere... lol

THANK YOU GOOBLE GANG!!!

Karla!

Very funny! I never thought about the idea of he man choosing his armor. It is like he wakes up and says "today I will pick the wolf armor because it is an important meeting"

Going to Kamo Khan history. What I know is that Top Toys was going out of business and before that they decided to use the He man molds to release every character they have available. In that rush they created blue roar ripper, black legs trap jaw, blue legs trap jaw, unpainted rattlor, unpainted tung lashor, red neck rattlor, and things like that, but the most distinct was the Kamo Khan with buzz off arms and a completely new painting. Here are some pictures

Cobra_1.jpgCobra_2.jpgCobra_4.jpg

I might be mistaken in some details so if someone have more information please correct me!
    About the quality it is really good, in fact most Top Toys figures have hard head and most Argentinian collectors want the top toys versions above others

I started from the beginning and I'm on episode 41 now. Eventually I'll catch up and be able to actually comment on current episodes.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    At the drawing table and still in the middle of it!!! so many interruptions!!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    Going to Kamo Khan history. What I know is that Top Toys was going out of business and before that they decided to use the He man molds to release every character they have available. In that rush they created blue roar ripper, black legs trap jaw, blue legs trap jaw, unpainted rattlor, unpainted tung lashor, red neck rattlor, and things like that, but the most distinct was the Kamo Khan with buzz off arms and a completely new painting. Here are some pictures
    Oh man, I have always wanted a Kamo Khan. I think he and Black Blood Mosquitor are the two variants I'd most love to have.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Karla be cracking me up...

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Stjepan Sejic is amazing and I totally agree with Eamon that he should be doing a PoP comic. I was actually just talking about that in another thread the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I think Black Blood Mosquitor is one of the variants I'd most love to have.
    Interesting this --^ I've never heard of such a variant. And wouldn't the black blood essentially 'melt' into the color of the body armor and potentially be lost?
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Black Blood Mosquitor? never heard of that. But I will love to see Kamo Khan in classics. Pity I am not a customizer myself! we already have an extra Clawful mace!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I did a quick Google image search and found some pics of Black Blood Mosquitor that were posted right here on these forums by user rougeweldor.

I believe this is also a Top Toys variant. Would LOVE to track one of these down for myself. :-)
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Malcom

Heroic Warrior
    Drago-mans bio and not a mention of the great black wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    ... Top Toys ... created blue roar ripper, black legs trap jaw, blue legs trap jaw, unpainted rattlor, unpainted tung lashor, red neck rattlor, and things like that...
    Red Neck Rattlor!!! Comes with a banjo and a jug of moonshine! Amazing episode again. Makes me realize what Gooble needs: more Karla! She always cracks me up. And cool that she wants to give me a run for my money with costumes... We'll see about that! Power Con is going to be great! And hearing the Sorceress speak with that accent... priceless! Love you Karla!
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I listen to these podcasts religiously. They’re addictive so keep em coming!

I for one love the Christmas special. I was a Filmation kid and seeing the characters from both shows appear in a special feature was exciting for me back then and still is. Same deal with Secret of the Sword. My little boy (who has quite an impressive collection of Classic figures) watches the DVD constantly and has already asked for toy versions of Relay and the children so he can recreate his favourite scenes. I haven’t the heart to tell him Mattel will probably never make them

As for He-Man’s transformation and the armour/outfit he wears – I’ve always liked to think that the Power Sword possess a kind of unspoken sentient intelligence. Therefore makes these decisions for him, depending on the scenario/terrain and nature of the opposition. It’s the Power of Grayskull after all.

Great episode guys, can't wait for 111!
    Last edited by Nephilim; January 19, 2013 at 10:13am.

great show - thanks

i actually liked the 200x talk near the end believe it or not, as im really not a 200x fan ... but the discussion on variants etc. inspired me to do a bit of research on the 200x toy-line and i guess i learned a few things i otherwise wasn't interested in
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior
    Half the regular crew wasn't here this week (especially Pixel Dan, who I think is the main perpetrator of the Arnold yell), but I thought of you guys when I saw this:

(I used to have a link here to a Youtube video that was all of Arnold Schwarzenegger' yells from all of his movies edited into one amusing video. I got an infraction for posting the link to Youtube, so you guys will have to find it yourselves :-/ )
    Last edited by geooco; January 22, 2013 at 12:45pm.

I hate that they say Fisto is MAAs brother. Makes the world seem to small. I much prefer Filmations origin of Fisto being an Evil Warrior who turns good. Expanded upon that could be such a good story. Explains better why he and Jitsu have the same power if they were allies and augmented by the same person/technology.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Camo Kahn is a sweet looking variant

Why do people hate on the name Malcom, it sounds old and fantasy like and it has a Scottish origin where as Fisto has a Scottish/Irish look
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeHe-Man View Post

Why do people hate on the name Malcom, it sounds old and fantasy like and it has a Scottish origin where as Fisto has a Scottish/Irish look
    Malcolm is a great name, in line with his look and his brother Duncan

For me personally it doesn't suit him. I think it's too soft sounding for such a grizzled battle hardened hero. No wonder he changed his name to Fisto.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar

Since when is Ireland & Scotland a part of Eternia?

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Since when is Ireland & Scotland a part of Eternia?
    -----