View Poll Results: What would you sacrafice to reduce costs?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sculpt

0 0%
  • Articulation

0 0%
  • Paint Apps.

0 0%
  • Packaging

54 29.83%
  • Accessories

4 2.21%
  • None of the above: Everything is Fine

33 18.23%
  • None of the above: Other

4 2.21%
  • None of the above: I think it should be shipping

86 47.51%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would YOU sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    It would make poor business sense to scrap all packaging. There are many MOC collectors who are valuable to the line. HOWEVER: I question the worth of the white mailer. They don't always protect the product, so I'd suggest investing in better packaging and doing away with the mailer (if that's likely to save the money).
    But the mailer protects the card, which is quite important to a MOC-collector, like myself. If there is a packaging then it needs to arrive without dents and creases, simple as that.
    What MOC-collector would want a collection of shafed and beat-up cardbacks? You'd lose them anyway.

I say either skip the packaging entirely or reduce the amount of accessories. In the end, a lot of them end up stashed away in a box somewhere anyway.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I'd sacrifice an enemy captive. But if none are available, a goat would be good.
    I know JUST the captive!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Of the choices, I voted Packaging, but shipping is a killer.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    less figures per year

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Absolutely NOTHING!!!

Fix the shipping costs and all will be well with the world!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

all is perfect

Keep everything as is except for the over-priced/snail mail shipping. I shouldn't have to pay $10+ dollars to get a couple action figures shipped and wait almost a week and a half to get them from a domestic company.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    It is the shipping.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Combine shipping more. Shipping every other month or quarterly would really save costs. Heck, what Mattel could do would be to plan to ship subscriber's figures 4-5 times a year, letting subscribers get figures a little early. Mattel could still then put the monthlies up on Mattycollector for shoppers to maintain an online presence.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I voted None of the above: Other

While I collect Loose, I know there's a HUGE amount of MOC collectors and sacrificing packaging all the way to Polybags would be a mistake. That's why I did not choose packaging.
    The only thing about packaging I'd sacrifice is the amount of plastic used on the tray. (I've already posted how they could save on Plastic used for the tray while keeping the same card style we have now on the other thread.)
    I did not choose Shipping even if I believe that the shipping is a bit overpriced.

So, I chose other because a combination of shipping and packaging is what I'd sacrifice... (again, I'm not saying going all the way to polybags)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

They could just send in the white mailer.....why do we need another box for single figure shipments. I'ld sacrifice an extra box. I voted shipping. That's the only real problem with the line and if it's not fixed I think we'll have a serious problem come sub time.

Shipping. It's ridiculous. Everything else should remain the same.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I know JUST the captive!
    Interesting. Do tell!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

People do understand that DR is a company that needs to get paid, right? Sure, they suck. I'm not going to argue their relative quality with anyone; I will lose. But they supply the warehouses and the infrastructure necessary for MOTUC figures to get organized, packaged, and shipped out on time. And speaking objectively, they do get it right most of the time. Regardless of your opinion of their quality, this isn't a free service.

Anyone who thinks that the shipping should just be USPS Priority flat rate and that's that simply isn't thinking about what goes into logistics. Also, imagine the headaches that'd come with switching logistics vendors this late in the game. Organizing stock transfers and customer databases isn't something that can be done in an afternoon.

I wonder if people imagine that these costs are rolled into the actual figure, and so we're getting double-dipped. I don't think that's the case, as compared with other small-run figures, MOTUC isn't really that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    People do understand that DR is a company that needs to get paid, right? Sure, they suck. I'm not going to argue their relative quality with anyone; I will lose. But they supply the warehouses and the infrastructure necessary for MOTUC figures to get organized, packaged, and shipped out on time. And speaking objectively, they do get it right most of the time. Regardless of your opinion of their quality, this isn't a free service.

Anyone who thinks that the shipping should just be USPS Priority flat rate and that's that simply isn't thinking about what goes into logistics. Also, imagine the headaches that'd come with switching logistics vendors this late in the game. Organizing stock transfers and customer databases isn't something that can be done in an afternoon.

I wonder if people imagine that these costs are rolled into the actual figure, and so we're getting double-dipped. I don't think that's the case, as compared with other small-run figures, MOTUC isn't really that expensive.
    DR does get paid....by Mattel, per contract.

And USPS isn't even the bulk handler, it's a joke of a company called Newgistics, the USPS only gets it once it gets to your local area....If DR used solely the USPS....we could see cheaper rates and much faster shipping....if only faster shipping....I think not many would be complaining.

I look at it this way, Newgistics has like 15 sort centers your crap has to go through just to get to the USPS....No matter what method, Priority or Parcel Post....I usually get my stuff if sent through USPS solely (not MOTUC)....no more than 5 business days (3 with Priority)....from Newgistics I have never gotten better than 7 or 8 tops, and at the very worst 12 days....and I have seen other posters say much worse for the same few state area I live in. And to me the slow ass shipping is not worth the money, even for 2 extra days. UPS is too much for a single figure period through Matty to me. Plus I have gotten packages from the USPS and UPS (not MOTUC) both in very respectable times, yet anything even UPS from Matty takes 7 damn days minimum.

Ad as far as the shipping from DR's end....they are solely a distribution and fulfillment center....that is all they do, and they get paid to do it for Mattel, by Mattel....so it's not like they are Sears employees pulled from their normal duties as Auto Center workers, or cashiers to fill orders....no, that is all they do....Pick, Pull & Ship. So a handling charge is asinine.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Interesting. Do tell!

I can't everytime I cross that line it gets deleted and I get a strike!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Fix the shipping. Maybe even an option to combine items to bring shipping costs down. Or even a poly bag option for people who collect loose.

There's no "dump DR" option, so I had to go for the Shipping.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post

I can't everytime I cross that line it gets deleted and I get a strike!
    Pfft! The strikes are what makes us interesting, S*M!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

While this poll clearly shows that the majority want nothing changed, it still isn't accurate, because Scott said in order to reach $20, paint applications, accessories, AND packaging would be affected/eliminated. It wasn't a pick and choose option.

I'd like to see the quality maintained.
    An order stacker or pile of loot combining shipping option would be nice if it could help DR and Mattel keep their profit margins and help the customers. Wouldn't doing only quarterly shipments/release dates take a lot of time to get in place? Having new figures ready every month surely helps sales and keeps everyone excited too?
    Decreasing sculpt and paint apps. will make classics a less unified collection- Figures with sculpt plus then figures sculpt minus.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I don't want anything short changed on these figures.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Snappy Threader
    Packaging, sine I open them, but shipping is rediculous. If they could fix that, the line would take off even more....