Thread: "Cast On, Bets Off" by Jack Olesker

Threaded View

Heroic Warrior

"Cast On, Bets Off" by Jack Olesker

I had the great privilege of meeting Jack Olesker at PowerCon. He was every bit the gentleman in person that he is here on the forums. I bought a copy of his latest novel, "Cast On, Bet's Off," at the show. After two car accidents, a major illness in the family, and dealing with the regular hustle and bustle of every day life, I finally finished reading it.

I enjoyed the book. It's a fun murder mystery that keeps you guessing to the end. It's not the kind of book I usually read so it took me a few chapters to get into it. By the end, however, I cared about the characters a lot and blazed through the last five or six chapters waiting to see what would happen and to find out "who done it." Max and Lisa Deveraux, the protagonists, seemed a little bit too perfect at times (and rightfully so when you find out who they're based on in real life), but were great representations of a couple who are deeply in love and who make a great team. They own a "Sit 'n' Knit" yarn shop that becomes a meeting place for the various characters who are trying to get to the bottom of the murder. If Jack does another "Sit 'n' Knit" mystery novel, I will happily read it.

Anyone else have a chance to read this book?
    Last edited by Ntumbuluku; January 18, 2013 at 02:38am.