Thread: Club Black Freighter - Mattel's Watchmen Line

Club Black Freighter - Mattel's Watchmen Line

I can't believe there isn't a thread about these! Well, we'll try it...

I just can't get over how cool Rorschach is in hand. The small touches like the missing button and the gun is great. Plus, the packaging is truly amazing on these figures. I'm going to line up the spines as a backdrop for them.

Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Wow, he does look great! Thanks fior the pics. I love the Watchmen comic style looks and normally, I'd be all over this. But now is not the time for me to start collecting a new line that costs $10 to ship each figure.

However, if Matty/dr were able to combine my motuc sub and monthly dos order, it would be a different story.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Mine arrived yesterday - I'm really impressed with him, and glad I decided to sign up for the subscription. It'll be great to have all six of the core Watchmen characters in comics-accurate style.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I waffled back and forth quite a bit about whether to get the sub. I'm glad I did too. In a weird way, I'm not sure if Matty really "sold" the figures that well in their initial pictures. Or maybe it's charms were just better experienced in person.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    He looks cool, but not $25 + everything else cool. I'm so glad I passed on the sub as that is less of a headache I have to deal with. It is already bad enough just trying to get my Saint Walker and Netossa subs, but Rorschach would have been an added thorn.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

If you like the characters, to me the $25 was well worth it. He felt like more value (thanks to the awesome packaging) than Netossa, for instance. And I liked her as a figure. The fact that this is probably the only chance you'll ever get these characters in figure form also helps justify the price to me.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

I am so stoked for this line, and LOVE this Rorschach figure! I've wanted a nice comic-style Watchmen toy line for so long!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    If you like the characters, to me the $25 was well worth it. He felt like more value (thanks to the awesome packaging) than Netossa, for instance. And I liked her as a figure. The fact that this is probably the only chance you'll ever get these characters in figure form also helps justify the price to me.
    But that is just it. If I ever buy these, I'm just going to be throwing the packaging away. I loved The Watchmen movie, I enjoyed most of the comic, but I didn't like it enough to drop $25 + overpriced shipping on these things. Not to mention they may be canceling my subs anyway due to their gross incompetence. If you look up idiotic in the dictionary, you know what you will find?

The definition of idiotic, which is what Digital River is.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Nice review per usual PD. I know on TheFwoosh there were some complaints about the size of the grapple gun. I can see their point, but man I love how huge it is when he's on display!

As far as packaging, I usually throw it away but this is so nice and iconic I plan to line up the spines and use them as a backdrop for my display.

I was going to start a thread, but I figured it would get merged with the DC one. Glad this gets it's own. I love the figure, details are great. The gun is really cool, I think the size is fine. Love the face paint, I use the 'Magic Eye' trick, & have seen like 10 different faces. Sweet. The base could have been bigger, but it's fine as is. Looking forward to Dr. Manhatten. I hope they don't make me wait all year for my favorite character, the Comedian!

Any chance this will get a second year? The Minutemen would be great & I needs me a Bubastis.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I LOVE this packaging!!!

It's so clean and simple! It makes it look & feel more like an adult collectible...atleast IMO. Not to mention you can take the figure out without damaging the packaging in any way!

I am really happy for Watchmen fans!

Yeah, the packaging is a great compliment to it. As far as another year, they have said it's not happening. I guess if this line is a smash success... maybe? But I'm not even certain if this is a different license and they only got it for one go or whatever. I guess we'll see. I'm definitely happy with what we're getting, though I probably wouldn't say no to some more by any means.

As far as this getting merged with DCUC... maybe it's just me, but to me this is definitely it's own line, even if it shares parts with and is in the style of DCUC.

Eeww... I'll stick to movie version
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I think she turned out great. Love the translucent dress.

I really like her dress. This is how I wanted her to turn out...well maybe a swapable hand or 2, but no complaints here.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I like how she turned out. I mean, we saw her a while ago, but it's nice to see the final production version.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Oh, nice! I was anxious to see how the translucent dress would turn out. That's one thing I was slightly disappointed with about the movie version, the fact that the dress was nixed for a full on body suit. I still liked that fine, but THIS is Silk Spectre! Can't wait to get her!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Wow, someone got hit with the ugly stick.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I just got my Rorshach and he is great. I loved this character in the comic and this action figure is awesome. I got the comic version of the toy from the movie but this one is much better. Now I only planning to get select figures from this line (The Comedian, Ozymandias and Dr. Manhattan) so I'm going to skip Slik Spectre.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Rorschach finally came in. Love the figure in hand.

The packaging is amazing, but not something I needed or willing ti pay extra for. There is no way the packaging did not increase the price of the figure. It's basically SDCC exclusive quality. It's so good, I'm actually not going to throw it away, but I think I'm going to China Manhattan.

Joker: you're going to arrest me now? ahahahahaha!
    Rorschach: No. Men get arrested. Dogs get put down.