Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Shipping costs today

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior EMILE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    406

    Shipping costs today

    Hi everyone, sorry if I'm missing something here but, I'm from outside the US and when I ordered Jitsu and Ram Man, the shipping cost showed 12.95. I believe it can be combined, I summited the order, but when I received my invoice it shows 30.15? Is this right? Thanks for your help.
    Emile

  2. #2
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by EMILE View Post
    Hi everyone, sorry if I'm missing something here but, I'm from outside the US and when I ordered Jitsu and Ram Man, the shipping cost showed 12.95. I believe it can be combined, I summited the order, but when I received my invoice it shows 30.15? Is this right? Thanks for your help.
    Don't know about the S&H rates for South America, but I have two subs and was charged $21.70 for shipping each Ram Man + Jitsu package to Europe, whereas today I have been charged the same $21.70 for shipping a single extra Ram Man (no extra Jitsu in the package). The DoS S&H rate has been way overpriced.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  3. #3
    master of hiphop
    AGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in your head !!
    Posts
    3,739
    Canadians have been asking this question for months.. we also pay 21.70 for both.. which makes no sense as Canada and Spain should not be paying the same shipping costs .. Matty has a nice side biz going on here
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior misterzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto ON, CANADA
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Don't know about the S&H rates for South America, but I have two subs and was charged $21.70 for shipping each Ram Man + Jitsu package to Europe, whereas today I have been charged the same $21.70 for shipping a single extra Ram Man (no extra Jitsu in the package). The DoS S&H rate has been way overpriced.
    Really?? $21.70 for both Ram Man and Jitsu?

    Sounds like you got yourself a deal compared to us Canadians

  5. #5
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,263
    Go to USPS.com and check out the rates. Ram Man by himself in a box is going to weigh around 2 pounds or more. Shipping from the U.S. to Spain for First Class Mail at 2 pounds is $24.15. Unless Mattel is getting a good discount, they are possibly losing money on that package.

    You international buyers should go to USPS.com and check out the rates for yourself. They went way up in January for First Class Mail International. If anything I would say Mattel is charging you less than cost based on the prices you are quoting.

    That being said, Canadians shouldn't be paying the same prices as Europe or anywhere else. I don't see how they can ship you Ram Man and Jitsu for much less than $21.70, but I think they are undercharging for shipping to Europe.
    Last edited by Zodach; February 15, 2013 at 02:18pm.

  6. #6
    master of hiphop
    AGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in your head !!
    Posts
    3,739
    nope it's the exact same price "International Post" to Canada both were 21.70 for me as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by misterzaku View Post
    Really?? $21.70 for both Ram Man and Jitsu?

    Sounds like you got yourself a deal compared to us Canadians
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

  7. #7
    Reaper of Crom Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,115
    I'll copy and paste what some one else said in the "Ram Man sold out thread" to which then I replied....Perhaps it'll shed a little light on things from some one who lives in the U.S. and what it would cost for some one *here* to ship *there.*

    Again, just take this from the average Joe's perspective. To be fair since we don't know what kind of rates Matty/DR get let's just assume none.

    Canada would defiantly be less though, but it seems as if you guys in Europe got charged what it would realistically pretty much cost, for again the average Joe to send some thing these days.



    "Originally Posted by Zodach

    Actually you can go to USPS.com and check the rates for yourself. One standard MOTUC figure (ie-Jitsu) weighs just over 1 pound being double boxed. Plug that into the shipping calculator and you'll see that First Class Mail is the cheapest option and costs right around $20. The prices went up in January.


    *I replied*


    $21.74 to be exact to most of Europe and that's with the on-line rate (purchased at the P.O. it will cost more) AND with-out adding in any insurance, shipping tax, OR cost of supplies such as the box, bubble wrap, paper etc...

    It's just not cheap any more international fellas no matter how you dice it and unless Matty/DR is just getting some phenomenal discount it's not fair to put the entire blame on them for the recent hikes.

  8. #8
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,263
    Exactly! Go straight to USPS.com and check the rates. I am sure Mattel gets a discount, but international bulk discounts are not all that great. International shipping prices, especially First Class Mail International, went way up just a few weeks ago.

  9. #9
    master of hiphop
    AGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in your head !!
    Posts
    3,739
    just checked on USPS International post to Canada for Ram Man and Jitsu. Yet they charge us 21.70, so they are making an extra 5.55 on average per Canadian package that is sent out.. and i'm sure they get bulk rates this is just a price for one package.. OHHH MATTY.... Sneaky Sneaky..

    First-Class Package International Service™**More info about First-Class Package International Service™**
    Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
    Other than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
    Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42"
    Varies by destination
    $16.15

    Not available
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

  10. #10
    Reaper of Crom Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Go to USPS.com and check out the rates. Ram Man by himself in a box is going to weigh around 2 pounds or more. Shipping from the U.S. to Spain for First Class Mail at 2 pounds is $24.15. Unless Mattel is getting a good discount, they are possibly losing money on that package.

    You international buyers should go to USPS.com and check out the rates for yourself. They went way up in January for First Class Mail International. If anything I would say Mattel is charging you less than cost based on the prices you are quoting.

    That being said, Canadians shouldn't be paying the same prices as Europe or anywhere else. I don't see how they can ship you Ram Man and Jitsu for much less than $21.70, but I think they are undercharging for shipping to Europe.

    I see you beat me to it! He's right though fellas. Believe it or not Matty's rates are pretty much in line, in-fact a bit better then what's actually being charged over here these days.

    Canada should defiantly not be the same though, so I don't know what's going on there.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Mad Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    456
    I am in Argentina and this is part of the shipping mail:

    Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Y3186S Club EterniaŽ 1 1 1 $35.85
    Y3204 BUNDLE USE ON 1 1 1 $40.85

    Shipping: $21.70
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $76.70

    So it is 21.70 for both. I really don't want to imagine what would be the shipping for the Fighting foe men!

  12. #12
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Go to USPS.com and check out the rates. Ram Man by himself in a box is going to weigh around 2 pounds or more. Shipping from the U.S. to Spain for First Class Mail at 2 pounds is $24.15. Unless Mattel is getting a good discount, they are possibly losing money on that package.
    Then how come they charged me the same $21.70 amount for shipping each of my subscription Ram Man + Jitsu packages (which one would guess should be bigger and heavier than a package with just one Ram Man)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    You international buyers should go to USPS.com and check out the rates for yourself. They went way up in January for First Class Mail International. If anything I would say Mattel is charging you less than cost based on the prices you are quoting.
    Matty is not using USPS First Class Mail to send my packages, they're using Mail on the Move, which is an unknown third-rate bulk carrier which surely offered them the cheapest rates around (otherwise Matty would have gone with some other cheaper option). Plus, even if they were using USPS, Matty is not an individual customer that would be made to pay full shipping rates to USPS, it's a corporate customer that sends thousands of packages each month and therefore gets significant bulk shipping discounts; just have a look a Amazon's shipping rates.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  13. #13
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,263
    Canada should definitely be cheaper, but not by much. Ram man and Jitsu in one package are going to weigh somewhere between 2-3 pounds which makes the price anywhere from $16-22. I think Ram Man is pretty heavy and pushing that price up to the high end of the range.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    683
    I have another question: why a subscriber few days ago paid shipping for Jitsu+Ram Man 21,70 $, instead today the same order and the same country one pays 30,15?

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Canada should definitely be cheaper, but not by much. Ram man and Jitsu in one package are going to weigh somewhere between 2-3 pounds which makes the price anywhere from $16-22. I think Ram Man is pretty heavy and pushing that price up to the high end of the range.
    Everyone needs to wait until they get their package. Weigh it (or look at the weight on the shipping label). Measure the length/width/depth of the box. Go to USPS.com / USPS.gov and calculate the shipping. Keep in mind that USPS charges on BOTH weight and SIZE of the package. A larger box always costs more than a smaller box, even if they weigh the exact same amount.

    I sometimes wonder if people haven't been the post office in years when I read what they think the shipping amount should be. I'm there every week and last month, the rates went up again!
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  16. #16
    Profanity Bleeper EuroCoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kajaani, Finland
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by EMILE View Post
    Hi everyone, sorry if I'm missing something here but, I'm from outside the US and when I ordered Jitsu and Ram Man, the shipping cost showed 12.95. I believe it can be combined, I summited the order, but when I received my invoice it shows 30.15? Is this right? Thanks for your help.
    Did you see that $12.92 price on the first page of shopping cart or the credit card info page. The first page of shopping cast shows US shipping costs, while the credit card info page (where you can change the shipping method also) shows the actual costs to your address. I had Rammy and Jitsu in my cart today and it showed that $30.15 for shipping price with "International Shipping" option (before I decided that the total was too much and dropped off Rammy from the cart).

    - Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

    Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

    * My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

  17. #17
    Reaper of Crom Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    just checked on USPS International post to Canada for Ram Man and Jitsu. Yet they charge us 21.70, so they are making an extra 5.55 on average per Canadian package that is sent out.. and i'm sure they get bulk rates this is just a price for one package.. OHHH MATTY.... Sneaky Sneaky..

    First-Class Package International Service™**More info about First-Class Package International Service™**
    Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
    Other than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
    Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42"
    Varies by destination
    $16.15

    Not available

    Ok....just did some quick looking up and even the Canadian rates are in line.

    Here's what's happening.....


    "uaxuctum"

    You're being charged two different rates because the sub. rate is off of "last years" shipping table. If you're still paying that amount that's actually a good thing because they locked you in to last years rates even though *they're* paying "this" years prices.

    What they're charging you this year for the DOS stuff is pretty accurate though and even less then what it would cost me to send to you so we're pretty good there....

    "Age"

    Just looked up what a Ram Man + Jitsu package would cost and it is in-fact right around what you got charged. That would defiantly fall in to the at least the 2-3 lb. category which even at the on-line rate you're at $19.58 AND that includes no handling fee what so ever.

    So, $21.70 not too bad.

    Hate to say it, but it looks like every thing's pretty much in line here in relation to the new rates more or less.

  18. #18
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Stridor View Post
    I have another question: why a subscriber few days ago paid shipping for Jitsu+Ram Man 21,70 $, instead today the same order and the same country one pays 30,15?
    Probably because Mattel undercharged you for the first order unless you are in Canada.

    Seriously though, go to USPS.com and check the shipping rates for a package that weighs 2.5-3 pounds to your country. It's probably close to $30. A single standard MOTUC figure that is double boxed weighs in at just over 1 pound. Ram Man is significantly heavier than your standard figure and comes in a much larger package, so the total shipping weight is going to be more than 2 pounds.

  19. #19
    Reaper of Crom Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Everyone needs to wait until they get their package. Weigh it (or look at the weight on the shipping label). Measure the length/width/depth of the box. Go to USPS.com / USPS.gov and calculate the shipping. Keep in mind that USPS charges on BOTH weight and SIZE of the package. A larger box always costs more than a smaller box, even if they weigh the exact same amount.

    I sometimes wonder if people haven't been the post office in years when I read what they think the shipping amount should be. I'm there every week and last month, the rates went up again!

    Unless you go over 36" in total inches you don't get hit with a sur-charge. Any thing 36" and under is all the same in regard to box size and what its cost may be. Only weight would be the factor.


    A box consisting of either just a Ram Man or a Jitsu or a Ram Man and a Jitsu should not exceed 36" if you have one at your disposal.

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Unless you go over 36" in total inches you don't get hit with a sur-charge. Any thing 36" and under is all the same in regard to box size and what its cost may be. Only weight would be the factor.
    If any side of the box is longer than 12", you pay more.

    Also certain boxes over a size can't even be shipped to certain foreign countries for less than the highest rate/service! I learned that one the hard way once.
    Last edited by Kowl; February 15, 2013 at 02:50pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  21. #21
    master of hiphop
    AGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in your head !!
    Posts
    3,739
    Thanks brother..

    i guess the thing that is really throwing me off, is the fact that 1 fig shipped to Spain is 13.75 and 1 fig shipped to Canada is 13.75 why???? they blanketed all international shipping under one roof which is wrong. last year each county was different, now they just mush us all into one pile..



    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Ok....just did some quick looking up and even the Canadian rates are in line.

    Here's what's happening.....


    "uaxuctum"

    You're being charged two different rates because the sub. rate is off of "last years" shipping table. If you're still paying that amount that's actually a good thing because they locked you in to last years rates even though *they're* paying "this" years prices.

    What they're charging you this year for the DOS stuff is pretty accurate though and even less then what it would cost me to send to you so we're pretty good there....

    "Age"

    Just looked up what a Ram Man + Jitsu package would cost and it is in-fact right around what you got charged. That would defiantly fall in to the at least the 2-3 lb. category which even at the on-line rate you're at $19.58 AND that includes no handling fee what so ever.

    So, $21.70 not too bad.

    Hate to say it, but it looks like every thing's pretty much in line here in relation to the new rates more or less.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

  22. #22
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    "uaxuctum"

    You're being charged two different rates because the sub. rate is off of "last years" shipping table. If you're still paying that amount that's actually a good thing because they locked you in to last years rates even though *they're* paying "this" years prices.

    What they're charging you this year for the DOS stuff is pretty accurate though and even less then what it would cost me to send to you so we're pretty good there....
    Shipping two figures was $9.95 last year (including shipping oversized Queen Marlena), so even with an oversized Ram Man it wouldn't have been anywhere close to $21.70 if they were using last year's rates for subscription packages. Moreover, last month I was charged $13.75 for each subscription Netossa, which is this year's international rate for single figures.

    Plus, Matty shouldn't be charging me anywhere close to what you would be paying to send the same package to me. Matty is a corporate customer that enjoys substantial discounts. If I bought Ram Man from Amazon, I would have paid around $10 for the shipping and handling ($6.99 per package + $1.99/lb Expedited Shipping for toys).

    I wonder why Matty didn't strike a deal with Amazon to offer MotUC as an exclusive through them instead of through MattyCollector/DR. The line would surely be in much better shape had they done so.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; February 15, 2013 at 02:56pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  23. #23
    Reaper of Crom Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Yes... but certain boxes over a size can't even be shipped to certain foreign countries for less than the highest rate/service! I learned that one the hard way once.
    I know, but since we we're only talking about rates in regard to small orders like what the shipping would be for some thing like a Ram Man and a Jitsu I didn't bother to bring that up.

    Indeed though, once you go past 49" in total inches it can vary quite a bit. You can pretty much send a box totaling 49" via Priority any where, but after that a BUNCH of countries will cut you off.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; February 15, 2013 at 03:10pm.

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Probably because Mattel undercharged you for the first order unless you are in Canada.

    Seriously though, go to USPS.com and check the shipping rates for a package that weighs 2.5-3 pounds to your country. It's probably close to $30. A single standard MOTUC figure that is double boxed weighs in at just over 1 pound. Ram Man is significantly heavier than your standard figure and comes in a much larger package, so the total shipping weight is going to be more than 2 pounds.
    No, yes but i trust. Or this friend told me a lie or there are shipping costs different between subscribers and not subscribers
    I buy on mattycollector from many years.

  25. #25
    Reaper of Crom Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Shipping two figures was $9.95 last year (including shipping oversized Queen Marlena), so even with an oversized Ram Man it wouldn't have been anywhere close to $21.70 if they were using last year's rates for subscription packages (plus, last month I was charged $13.75 for each subscription Netossa, which is this year's international rate for single figures).
    Well, if you're getting charged different rates all over the place I don't know what to tell you. I was just basing the rates provided in accordance to the two specific scenarios you pointed out being the Ram + Jitsu in the sub. and how that related and the Ram Man in the DOS that you pointed out in your first post.

    "Those" two rates for those two orders are pretty accurate in regard to what you would of paid in relation to the calculator last year and this year. Why the big difference though with Matty? Who knows......

    To be honest I personally take Scott's word for it when they said they were loosing money on shipping last year as those rates NEVER were even close to the USPS calculator. Sure you can make the argument that they *might* be getting better rates, but since we have NO clue to what those could be I'm not going to even begin to speculate so I'll just factor in zero.

    All I'm going to say is that what "they" charged you last year was drastically less then what it would cost any of us to send any thing so just take that for what it's worth.

    Knowing DR though I wouldn't be surprised if their system was so out of whack that they were in fact loosing money on shipping. Hell....all you gotta do is look up the whole Battle Cat and Panthor scenario and you can see that they don't have all their eggs in one basket....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •