Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skull of Power

Skull of Power

So i just read the Sir Laser lot digital comic and the new dc series Im not understanding what this skull of power is and how it ties into everything. Any one have any answers for me. Just trying to tie it to Filmation series maybe its Shokoti's glowing skull from her episode.

Last edited by facet; January 18, 2014 at 12:41pm. Reason: changed image

Heroic Warrior
    It is never clearly stated what kind of skull Laserlot is handling with. But it looks much like Horde Prime or Hordak. And the "Great Evil" from the DC Comics uses this skull to talk to Skeletor.
    So i think this skull is in no way related to the thing that Shokoti used to have.

A shame a shame. So do you think this avenue will be explored more as the series progresses, and why are they worried that the might spector will detect SLL from using the skull to talk to someone.

So was just reading the image comic series involving the shakarrin crystal and just realized where the skull might have come from. When He-man destroyed the being that he unleashed from the crystal, what was left behind was a skull somewhat resembling that skull of power. [bottom center panel]. What do think?

In the Hordak comic, he had the skull and he curses his father as he talks to it.

Then Skeletor has it and a voice talks to him, calling him his minion and slave.

In DC vs MOTU, it's alluded to that Dark Orko was the one using it to communicate with Skeletor.

So my theory is that it's a demon that ultimately used it to take over Orko's body and used it to "betray" the masters.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    In the Hordak comic, he had the skull and he curses his father as he talks to it.

Then Skeletor has it and a voice talks to him, calling him his minion and slave.

In DC vs MOTU, it's alluded to that Dark Orko was the one using it to communicate with Skeletor.

So my theory is that it's a demon that ultimately used it to take over Orko's body and used it to "betray" the masters.
    And the demon in the 200x mini comic is eluded to as Horde Prime (or Nordor as they meant to call him), but whats interesting about this is that in the Hordak comic he is referring to him as his Father, not brother. So with the information gathered so far it seems that that skull belongs to Horde Prime and has the ability to corrupt souls, and in this case of this run of comics, Orko, using his body as a vessel.

Although this has nothing to do with the skull, with Horde Prime's name not available in the beginning of this line, He-ro's bio refers to him as Horde Supreme. Now in my eyes, I used that one refernece to create a new character, Horde Surpreme, that being UK Horde Prime and said this was the father of Horde Prime and Hordak.

- - - Updated - - -

The other question is Why does SLL have in his possession the skull of power, who is he trying to contact and why? nothing else has been explained on this matter?

The skull also appeared in the Orko digital mini-comic
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    And the demon in the 200x mini comic is eluded to as Horde Prime (or Nordor as they meant to call him), but whats interesting about this is that in the Hordak comic he is referring to him as his Father, not brother. So with the information gathered so far it seems that that skull belongs to Horde Prime and has the ability to corrupt souls, and in this case of this run of comics, Orko, using his body as a vessel.

Although this has nothing to do with the skull, with Horde Prime's name not available in the beginning of this line, He-ro's bio refers to him as Horde Supreme. Now in my eyes, I used that one refernece to create a new character, Horde Surpreme, that being UK Horde Prime and said this was the father of Horde Prime and Hordak.

- - - Updated - - -

The other question is Why does SLL have in his possession the skull of power, who is he trying to contact and why? nothing else has been explained on this matter?
    I had thought the Skull WAS Hordak's before he called it FATHER! King Grayskull "kills" Hordak, and that is why his soul is inhabiting the H.R. Giger inspired mechanical skin. That idea has been floating around as Fannon since 2003. Gbygok made some cool early drawings inspired by Buzz Saw variant as Hordak's biomech body. I do agree that this is probably a way to reuse "Horde Supreme" name from the Bios. Horde Papa does seam to have infected Orko (thank god, I'll be happy if it isn't really him) I just hope they come up with a better real name then Horde Supreme...Horde Supreme still makes me want a office or burrito...
    I do look forward to seeing what awesome name Hect Tor Kur and Anil lis Kur daddy's real name is! IN MY CANON it is Rec Tal Kur

No doubt the MV Creations comic served as an inspiration for the Skull of Power...The resemblance is uncanny. But then I still think Val & Emiliano where subconsciously referencing The Energy Beast...But this isn't Filmation, 200X, teh Bioz it's DC52...Like teh Bioz, the DC comics continuity seams to be a badly made patchwork of various continuities that is difficult to comprehend. It certainly hasn't been woven by experts in the lore!
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I think the most recent issue of DCU vs MOTU helps further my theory!

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Horde Papa does seam to have infected Orko (thank god, I'll be happy if it isn't really him)!
    I vote for "Horde Papa" as a new OFFICIAL character in MOTUC canon!!!
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    I do look forward to seeing what awesome name Hect Tor Kur and Anil lis Kur daddy's real name is! IN MY CANON it is Rec Tal Kur

No doubt the MV Creations comic served as an inspiration for the Skull of Power...The resemblance is uncanny. But then I still think Val & Emiliano where subconsciously referencing The Energy Beast...But this isn't Filmation, 200X, teh Bioz it's DC52...Like teh Bioz, the DC comics continuity seams to be a badly made patchwork of various continuities that is difficult to comprehend. It certainly hasn't been woven by experts in the lore!
    hahahh Im sure Rec-tal Kur was the butt end of alot of jokes thats why he created the Horde and took over the universe!

So the latest issue of DC Vs MOTU, the skull is explained to be Horde Prime, and Hordak killed him and kept the skull as a trophy. Obviously there was enough magical energy that when Orko tried to destroy it with his magic, it backfired and took over Orko, creating Dark Orko. But why are they changing him from being his brother to his father now, this continuity (30 plus years) where it has been clear that they are brothers, why change it now. I know writer prob aren't forced to do research on this stuff, but this kinda stuff really irritates me, it very clear, just like saying Adam and Randor aren't Father and son now, but brothers, come on it's ridiculous. I makes sense now of what Hordak was saying to Zodak in the Origin of Hordak comic, but here is an Opportunity to correct this and yet it makes everything more confusing. I Still like my theory of making UK Horde Prime into Horde Supreme, their father, and that would correct a bunch of things.

Still we have no explanation to why SLL had the skull in their possesion, and in that case, couldnt the skull have taken him over as well, or is it that Orkos magic that activated the skull and took him over?

Heroic Warrior
    Personally i like better the idea of Horde Prime as the founder of the Horde Empire and Hordak's father. And also the fact that he was killed by his own son it fits better in the DC MOTU story, because it makes Hordak the leader of the Horde that invaded Eternia during King Grayskull's era, and answer the question why Horde Prime didn't attack Eternia after Hordak's banishment to Despondos, especially if the Horde Empire and Eternia are in the same Universe/dimension. At the same time with the whole Skull of Power plot, the question of a possible return of Horde Prime is open. The main question is how Zodac's story is connected to all of this.

Yeah i need to read That origin of Hordak comic again. Why couldnt UK Horde Prime be Horde Supreme, Leader on Horde World, Horde Prime, older son, traveling thru the cosmos abourd his ship, the Velvet Glove, conquering worlds, while Hordak, was tasked with conquering Eternia and obtaining the sword of power for Horde Prime, when he encountered Grayskull and was sent to Despondos. There he lied in wait, building his army, till he could contact his brother to come get him. For failing his mission he was made to stay on etheria, till he could conquer that world. Hordak the vengeful despot he is,thought only of revenge on eternia, obsessed with it, so he figured out way to contact it, and eventually come back.

I dont have a good answer as to why horde prime didnt come to finish the job,that is a good question.

We still dont know why SLL had the skull of power in his possesion?

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah i need to read That origin of Hordak comic again. Why couldnt UK Horde Prime be Horde Supreme, Leader on Horde World, Horde Prime, older son, traveling thru the cosmos abourd his ship, the Velvet Glove, conquering worlds, while Hordak, was tasked with conquering Eternia and obtaining the sword of power for Horde Prime, when he encountered Grayskull and was sent to Despondos. There he lied in wait, building his army, till he could contact his brother to come get him. For failing his mission he was made to stay on etheria, till he could conquer that world. Hordak the vengeful despot he is,thought only of revenge on eternia, obsessed with it, so he figured out way to contact it, and eventually come back.

I dont have a good answer as to why horde prime didnt come to finish the job,that is a good question.

We still dont know why SLL had the skull of power in his possesion?
    The problem is that already the DC MOTU continuity (that is different from the main MOTUC canon) had Zodac as Hordak's borther. So they had to find a way to introduce Horde Prime without diminuishing his importance, but at the same time keeping Hordak as the leader of the Horde. So making Horde Prime, Hordak's father is the most logic choise. It seems that Zodac somehow he turn against his father and his brother and joined the Cosmis Enforcers.

As for how Laser Lot came to possess the Skull of Power, well from his digital issue and the solicitation of issue #13 of the ongoing, it seems that in the DC continuity, King Grayskull survived the battlle against Hordak, but he got killed after (Laser Lot in the digital issue spoke for assassination). So my best hypothesis is that after Hordak's defeat and banishment, they still remained on Eternia some Horde members that they succeeded on killing King Grayskull. Laser-Lot went after them and perhaps someone of them had in his possession the Skull.

Heroic Warrior
    hahahh Im sure Rec-tal Kur was the butt end of alot of jokes thats why he created the Horde and took over the universe!

So the latest issue of DC Vs MOTU, the skull is explained to be Horde Prime, and Hordak killed him and kept the skull as a trophy. Obviously there was enough magical energy that when Orko tried to destroy it with his magic, it backfired and took over Orko, creating Dark Orko. But why are they changing him from being his brother to his father now, this continuity (30 plus years) where it has been clear that they are brothers, why change it now. I know writer prob aren't forced to do research on this stuff, but this kinda stuff really irritates me, it very clear, just like saying Adam and Randor aren't Father and son now, but brothers, come on it's ridiculous. I makes sense now of what Hordak was saying to Zodak in the Origin of Hordak comic, but here is an Opportunity to correct this and yet it makes everything more confusing. I Still like my theory of making UK Horde Prime into Horde Supreme, their father, and that would correct a bunch of things.

Still we have no explanation to why SLL had the skull in their possesion, and in that case, couldnt the skull have taken him over as well, or is it that Orkos magic that activated the skull and took him over?
    I didn't know that Horde Prime was always Hordak's brother, I thought that was just part of MOTUC's continuity. Is that from the 80s' comics or from Filmation?

Can I just say I love the new issue. Best yet. I prefer Horde Prime being Hordak's father. I may actually have to buy that figure now. Dammit.....lol. As for the Skull of power....I think after Hordak got banished to Despondos, Zodac tasked Sir Laser Lot as keeper of the skull.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    ....I think after Hordak got banished to Despondos, Zodac tasked Sir Laser Lot as keeper of the skull.
    You definitely should check out Hordak Origin one-shot comic.

It deals with Hordak, Zodac and Skull of Power.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke:3398328
    There's an Orko digital mini comc??
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Can I just say I love the new issue. Best yet. I prefer Horde Prime being Hordak's father. I may actually have to buy that figure now. Dammit.....lol. As for the Skull of power....I think after Hordak got banished to Despondos, Zodac tasked Sir Laser Lot as keeper of the skull.
    Zodac was killed by Hordak at the end of the one shot, so can't be him that gave at Laser Lot the Skull. But on the other hand Zodac or Zodak (it hard to say who he is, because of the terrible art) appeared at issue #7, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythew View Post
    There's an Orko digital mini comc??
    Yeah, it's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    You definitely should check out Hordak Origin one-shot comic.

It deals with Hordak, Zodac and Skull of Power.
    I did and I have the one shot....but come on. Read enough comics and you know no one ever really dies. Besides that could have actually been Zodak. Anyway....I can see a recton of this type being used to tie the story together.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I didn't know that Horde Prime was always Hordak's brother, I thought that was just part of MOTUC's continuity. Is that from the 80s' comics or from Filmation?
    Yeah from the Filmation POP

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty funny.
    Crud. i wanna read it now.

- - - Updated - - -

I did and I have the one shot....but come on. Read enough comics and you know no one ever really dies. Besides that could have actually been Zodak. Anyway....I can see a recton of this type being used to tie the story together.
    I always thought Zodak was a title given to the comsic enforcer. Like Green Lantern is the title of the lantern corp members. It's one of the things that either TG or someone made up that I actually thought was kind of cool. Making the Cosmic Enforcers an army like the Lanterns. Only cooler. And with out the lame rings.

I st finished reading MotU vs DCU #5 and it gives an explanation for the skull. That is all.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah from the Filmation POP
    Cool, thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Not the case.

Skull of Power (Horde Prime's head, that appears with Sir-Laser-Lot, Hordak origin and 2012 mini-series) is
    not the skull in Orko's digital comic.

That Skull in Orko's digi-comic is called Morgog Giant's Skull. It looks different, with one hole on forehead, plus it is huge.

We see He-Man lift above his head.

Not the same skull.