Thread: Making Teela 1.1 for Battle!

Making Teela 1.1 for Battle!

Here's a simple, albeit nerve-racking, fixup that I did to my Teela figure. I doubt Mattel will make a 2.0 update or a simple re-issue so I took matters into my own hands. Teela is a beautiful figure but the lack of waist articulation really hinders her. I recently got an extra Teela to turn into the vintage Goddess/Sorceress and built up the courage to cut her up!

The procedure was simple, actually. I just took an X-acto knife and tried to slice cleanly along her waistline to create a new point of articulation. The tunic rubber is a little more rigid than on newer figures but it's possible to cut into it. The hardest part was cutting through the leaves in the center since the rubber is thicker there. A couple of cuts got a little sloppy on her right side but overall, it doesn't look so bad and her poseability is now greatly improved. I'm having fun posing her in my displays!

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    Wowza, looks awesome! Gives me some ideas. Did you paint her whites even whiter? Looks very nice over all! Keep up the great work.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Awesome, such a great job now she's fully articulated, such a nice pics to see her in a full action fighting!

Sigh... the way she should have come in the first place! Great job
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Snappy Threader
    Very nice!!