Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Skeletor SHOULD look like!

What Skeletor SHOULD look like!

This is the first pic of Red Skull from the new Captain America movie... and he looks fantastic!

In my mind, this is exactly how Skeletor should look in the next movie. Forget the floating skull. I want to see emotion in the eyes and expression on the face. A good mixture of makeup and CGI could bring Skeletor to life. Many ways this could be done, and Red Skull is a great example of it.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 8, 2011 at 09:18am.

red skull looks great but I want the skeletor's skull has no movement or expressions because the skull is a bone.
    I like his skull has some tissues and thus he will have expressions.
    My idea is harvey dent but with much less (but much less) tissue .

Whilst I think the Red Skull looks great, it’s a little too "fleshy" for Skeletor, IMO.
    Last edited by Krueger; February 7, 2011 at 01:02pm.

what do you think about it?

cortesy :mike bock

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Shoot, knowing movie companies these days, Hugo will probably get the part of Skeletor. I guess they could do worse...
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"That which does not kill me... had better start running"
    - Source unknown

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    No thanks! That's definitely not Skeletor...

Nice find. Paint it white and it actually looks almost identical to Langella's Skeletor.

Either way, paint the red guy yellow or white, and stick a hood over his head, and I think you've pretty much nailed it.

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    Ooo, I like the yellow/green on that Red Skull face. I agree, that would make for an awesome Skeletor! And a definite no to the Two-Face idea. I don't think that having bits of flesh hanging off his face would be a good look for Skeletor; unfortunately, in this day and age of making everything grim and gritty, this might just be the direction that they take.

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    PS. my reply was in regards to the two face pic, the other guy is perfect for Skele!

Movie mayhem!
    I actually thought skelly looked pretty awesome in the 80's movie. I wouldn't mind something similar to that again.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

This looks great to me.

So many possibilities....

They could go with a Red Skull look, a Ghost Rider look, or, as many (very smart and tasteful) people have suggested, someting closer to the '87 movie.

It will be very interesting to see how Skeletor looks. I certainly hope we don't just get Keldor wearing a General Kael-like mask. (If you know who Kael is, I'll give you a big hug.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

A big hug, please Uki - General Kael was the ape-skull (or troll-skull) masked evil General of Queen Bavmorda from the 'Willow' movie. I'll go you one further - he was played by big gentle giant and 'Indiana Jones' villain (he was three - Bald mechanic, big Thugee and Gestapo brute across the three 80s movies) Pat Roach... and my uncle knew him from working beside him in Glasgow, Scotland in the 1960s!!!
    I digress. Skeletor should be uncanny - he was a living being who united with demons - and I think 'Demo-Man' should be THE Satan of the Motuverse. So, forget prosthetic or CGI - I'd go with puppet - a human skulled version of the crumbling, decaying Skeksi chamberlain from 'The Dark Crystal' or akin to the undead Griffin Dunne character from 'An American Werewolf in London'
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Next time I'm down south I'll be taking my hug.
    My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.

Cool Kael pic Rocklord - and is that a nurgle in your avatar? I had the green furred bat one as a child!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I agree that Red Skull looks a bit too fleshy and animated (as in moving) for Skeletor.

Although I'm fine with the movie's own interpretation of ol' Skull Face, I'd still like to basically be a solid yellow skull. Although I'm not CGI's biggest fan, as I feel it detracts in some cases, maybe a CGI Skeletor head is the way to go.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    I would like to see Skeletor with no eyes. I don't want the skull itself to show emotion though as when Filmation would make the skull morph to show emotions.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    i thought frank did a fantastic job. and besides the mouth not moving quite enough because of the material (i am sure they could fix this today) he is going to be hard to top for me .

i HATED the gold crap they put him in at the end of the movie though.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    None of the two possibilities is going to translate well to the screen.
    Bare bone is to plain, and Skeletor has no flesh...
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Here is a new picture of the Red Skull. Something about the straps (with buttons) hanging on the front of the coat reminds me of Langela's Skeletor costume.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; March 3, 2011 at 03:22pm.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    The makeup does look quite a bit like Langella's too, probably updated some as they have better techniques now or enhanced a bit with CGI like Davy Jones.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"That which does not kill me... had better start running"
    - Source unknown

very interesting
    in my opinion this is the improved version of the Langella's mask , I would like to see a skeletor's mask made with makeup and retouching cgi

No, still looks too fleshy for me. I would like something more decayed and bony.

Skeletons should not have eyeballs. Having eyes makes them more of a zombie rather than a skeleton.
    I'll admit, sometimes it works, but for Skeletor, no.
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar
    No offense to anyone but the examples above remind me of Jim Carrey in the Mask. I'd like to see more of a skull but not like Ghost Rider. In Ghost Rider he didn't have eyes so it was diffecult to sense emotion. It's hard to say, for me, because Frank Langella pulled it off brilliantly with his eyes and yet I would love to see something darker with a Skeletor with no eyes. I'm just not sure.