Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The fund tracker for Castle Grayskull 2013 or bust thread!!!

Heroic Warrior

The fund tracker for Castle Grayskull 2013 or bust thread!!!

Hey everybody, I thought some of us might need a little motivation or group
    support to start putting those funds away for CG and stop procrastinating!

I've got my 2 CG set to my spare CC...but i still plan on putting aside the funds each month.

so starting today my total is

$50

Has anyone who needs to start now made any progress and how much have you been able to stash away?

Good luck!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Last weekend i was going to buy another drink at the bar and remembered I need to start saving for Castle Grayskull so i've saved a whopping 5 dollars

That's funny, last weekend I remembered I'm going to have to pay for 4 Castle Grayskulls so I ordered another drink.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    That's funny, last weekend I remembered I'm going to have to pay for 4 Castle Grayskulls so I ordered another drink.
    I like your thinking! Today I've had extra drinks because I pre-ordered nothing Cool thread for those who did order though
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    lmfao i imagine come DEC we'll all pounding away few drinks when our girlfriends/wifes see our statements.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Awesome banks...I have these in my collection!

My wife who's relatively tolerant and passive about my collecting will kick my *** if she finds out I am spending $800 plus dollars on Castle Grayskull playsets. I pre-ordered 3 of them and I'm putting away $75 a month so when we get to December I won't be ebaying like crazy just to pay for them.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; January 18, 2013 at 09:20pm.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    Awesome banks...I have these in my collection!

My wife who's relatively tolerant and passive about my collecting will kick my *** if she finds out I am spending $800 plus dollars on Castle Grayskull playsets. I pre-ordered 3 of them and I'm putting away $75 a month so when we get to December I won't be ebaying like crazy just to pay for them.
    ..ya, but are you putting money aside for the multiple army builders of horde troopers that will come out the same 4th quarter of this year tho? lol

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ..ya, but are you putting money aside for the multiple army builders of horde troopers that will come out the same 4th quarter of this year tho? lol
    putting money aside to support the motuc line should come first by buying army builders, 2 or 3 packs, vehicles, beasts, play sets, weapon pack & the monthly figures.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    lmfao i imagine come DEC we'll all pounding away few drinks when our girlfriends/wifes see our statements.
    Amen to that!!
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Amen to that!!
    Double amen! Whoo boy... I'm up to about $50

At the moment $50 too....not sure how long it'll take to get more, but hopefully soon, I can free up some to put aside.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Right now, because of CG, I paid off a major loan. WIth that loan free, I'm using the $90 I used to pay every month to CG starting Feb.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Well, I just got a raise that'll give me about an extra $80 per month, so I guess I got it easy this year! That said, I also have a Subscription for the first time, so I still have to be careful about my spending, but I'm off to a great start!
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I sold off all my MOC 200x line at Christmas and now have enough for CG
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Holy crap!!! didnt think about that...im gonna have to boost my savings. I want at least 4 packs!!!

Heroic Warrior
    But seriously, CG and the Horde Troopers are gonna hurt come end of the year.

I'm going to the bank and buying a couple rolls of dimes. I can only save money when it's in coin form.

As soon as I replace 3 surfboards that were destroyed by Sandy, then I will start to save for CG... Oh yea, the beach house was destroyed too, so that has to be replaced whenever insurance decides to get off their slow as mol-asses!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I'm just saying we're probably going to need to have $420.00 for Dec. 2013.

CGC + S&H + tax

2 Figures (I am guessing)

I just bet ya' they are going to announce an oversized item at $60.00 +

My last car payment is in September so I should be all set because that should cover CG and any other stuff that comes out in December.

I ordered two and I think I have about $400 saved up since the preorder started.
    Real friends are better than plastic ones.

I'm about to purge my Star Wars collection to its barest elements and hope to raise enough money to more than cover the cost of Grayskull. (I've got a TON to get rid of and shouldn't have much trouble, even if I charge a dollar or two per figure. It's going to be official soon: I'll have a bigger MOTU collection than Star Wars! For me, that's really saying something!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Well, Mermista and I ordered 10. So our total with shipping will be $2860.02

We are on the way to that total as of this payday yesterday we have a total of $500.00 put away.

At this rate we will have all of the Grayskulls paid for by June 7th.

Does anyone remember the date that Matty said to have fund ready by, I believe it was a month before December 10th, but I do not remember for sure.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

I've been saving since around November and currently have 80 aside. Definitely on target to do this.

thought it was December 11th when they were due in? and Holy Crow 10?? That is some serious Castle joy.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...