Thread: King He-man @ big bad toy store

King He-man @ big bad toy store

he is there for $74.99

-----------------------------------------

King He-man PREORDER - SOLD OUT
    Last edited by Mophead; February 21, 2013 at 02:43pm. Reason: King He-man PREORDER - SOLD OUT

That is not a bad price, Shadow Weaver was $60 with them and since the 2013 sub is much more limited its a smaller increase then I had thought they would have
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I picked up 2 It is such a relief being able to grab him and not having to hunt him down

Considering you can't get him this is a fair and reasonable price considering many are paying roughly over 300+ dollars (sub)* a year to get him. Better now than hunt you are right sir, cause the price will probably not be this low, close but not low....

(*Ok guys this is just basing the price of the monthly figure @ 25 /27 (and not including the variants, beast etc.... just to provide a basic example) so with those you get the idea this is a decent price.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Considering you can't get him this is a fair and reasonable price considering many are paying roughly over 300+ dollars (sub)* a year to get him. Better now than hunt you are right sir, cause the price will probably not be this low, close but not low....
    Yeah but buying King He-Man through the sub gets you 12 free figures.

(*Ok guys this is just basing the price of the monthly figure @ 25 /27 (and not including the variants, beast etc.... just to provide a basic example) so with those you get the idea this is a decent price.
    Yeah, but those subbing have no issues paying the $500 price, and the fact it's not a lump sum, is OK....it's $500 spread out across a year.

Sure those selling King He-Man will get some of that $500 back no problem, and now with Fang Man, so....it's all good.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Even if I did sub this year I would have only bought 1 sub. I would be looking for an extra King He-man anyway to open and display because I open everything ....

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Yeah, but those subbing have no issues paying the $500 price, and the fact it's not a lump sum, is OK....it's $500 spread out across a year.

Sure those selling King He-Man will get some of that $500 back no problem, and now with Fang Man, so....it's all good.
    Exactly why I giving him an example. I don't think a reseller is gonna allow someone to pay over a period which is why this price is a safe bet considering what it will amass to and with what they'll speculate or gauge the price at. And when you consider a sub purchase and reselling (if the person is fair and reasonable), some will not only get their money back with King He-Man but as you pointed Fang Man has probably gonna be set at an even higher price now; so him and along with a few others will clearly make any 'subber do more than break even.

This is why for someone looking him to acquire him, this definitely isn't a bad price at all and something to jump on if you can.

Just checked back with BBT store.
    King He-man PREORDER - SOLD OUT..
    Last edited by Mophead; February 21, 2013 at 02:43pm. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    just checked back with bbt store.
    King he-man preorder - sold out..
    exactly......

Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    Just checked back with BBT store.
    King He-man PREORDER - SOLD OUT..
    It went about as fast as Shadow Weaver did, last year BBTS put up more at a higher price for a Round 2 so they might still have some

But the $75 price pretty much guarantees they won't take a bath on the FFM 3 pack, so at worst they break even but with Ram Man sales they are easily ahead
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Exactly why I giving him an example. I don't think a reseller is gonna allow someone to pay over a period which is why this price is a safe bet considering what it will amass to and with what they'll speculate or gauge the price at. And when you consider a sub purchase and reselling (if the person is fair and reasonable), some will not only get their money back with King He-Man but as you pointed Fang Man has probably gonna be set at an even higher price now; so him and along with a few others will clearly make any 'subber do more than break even.

This is why for someone looking him to acquire him, this definitely isn't a bad price at all and something to jump on if you can.
    The $75 was not a bad price, no, especially once you consider he'll go for more once he comes out, so yeah, good price.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    But the $75 price pretty much guarantees they won't take a bath on the FFM 3 pack, so at worst they break even but with Ram Man sales they are easily ahead
    The subscription figures can be such a crap shoot

Netossa - down
    Ram Man - up
    Jitsu - up
    Fang Man - up
    King He-man - up
    FFM - down
    Snake Face - TBD
    Karatti - probably down

sounds about a fair price for him, and about what I figured. Too bad I missed out on this sale.

I do wish people wouldn't jump the gun so quickly, it tends to create a vortex increasing pricing. OMG people are willing to jump on that price like nothing, I can probably get more.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I think the pricing on King He-Man is going to end up being like Shadow Weaver whether we jump the gun or not. I hope everyone was able to snag one before sell out because its probably the cheapest you'll ever find him again. I'm expecting by April, he'll be a $150.00+ figure. Shame that this line is becoming harder and harder to jump into due to the rising cost in the secondary market. I have a complete loose collection but have been trying to get a MOC to go with it and I can't find a Teela or Sorceress under $100.00 to save my life. Its driving me a little bit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    The subscription figures can be such a crap shoot

Netossa - down
    Ram Man - up
    Jitsu - up
    Fang Man - up
    King He-man - up
    FFM - down
    Snake Face - TBD
    Karatti - probably down
    I'd prob agree with those but with some figures not even have DOS figures then all of their prices will be up.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor5579 View Post
    I think the pricing on King He-Man is going to end up being like Shadow Weaver whether we jump the gun or not. I hope everyone was able to snag one before sell out because its probably the cheapest you'll ever find him again. I'm expecting by April, he'll be a $150.00+ figure. Shame that this line is becoming harder and harder to jump into due to the rising cost in the secondary market. I have a complete loose collection but have been trying to get a MOC to go with it and I can't find a Teela or Sorceress under $100.00 to save my life. Its driving me a little bit crazy.
    Part of the problem is, even on those what happened is they set a high standard that could only go up from there. Which makes it hard for people who weren't there right away. I was lucky that I got my Sorceress for pretty cheap from a board member. I am still hunting a Teela myself, I am often a few minutes too slow when she gets posted on the boards. I swear some people have an app of that or something.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor5579 View Post
    I'm expecting by April, he'll be a $150.00+ figure.
    Why April? Isn't King He-Man shipping in March?

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Quote Originally Posted by JOXE View Post
    Why April? Isn't King He-Man shipping in March?
    Last I heard he was.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Pixel Dan's review will be out by then. People have him in hand around that point, some won't sell him off till they get him and many who don't care for him will try to do so fairly early. Others of course will hold onto him as long as they can.

But he said BY April not during April, as Markatisu and others have mentioned they are holding back their stock to find out a going price before they put them out.

How much of the current MOTUC purchases right now are what also? Do we know they are collectors, how many of those bought at BBT were scalpers hoping he goes for 150? Remember we have a lower production run this year and we aren't entirely sure of King He-man desire yet. People could be as I said buying him up hoping he is is the next Shadow weaver and.... he may not go over 75 in value.

I don't think he'll be as desirable as Shadow Weaver . But his lower production might make him more desirable to some collectors. Wait and see, i guess. If i were to spend $100 on a Club Eternia exclusive, it would be Wundar. I really like him, both in design and mythology. And he was the first Club Exclusive. But who knows how King He-Man will fare.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)