Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is the rarest classics figure?

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Battle Armor Faker has become extremely rare (if not the rarest if you don't include SDCC variants and exclusives). I found it easy to pick up from the TRU website when it was first released. It was easier to find online that even the Zodac and She-Ra packs. Once it was gone though - it was gone.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Teela.....
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I don't know if they qualified as rare, hard to find or most sought; Teela was never re-released with "The Original" star burst, but was put online again at Black Friday of 2011 for 2 sec.
    If by rare we consider figures that have been online only once or twice, we have:

_Teela
    _Scare Glow
    _Randor
    _Roboto
    _Fisto
    _Sorceress
    _Thunder Punch He-Man
    _Zodac
    _Mo-Larr
    _Optikk
    _Whiplash
    _Rattlor
    _Slush Head

And then the Sub exclusives for cherry pickers:
    _Wun-Dar
    _Pre Eternia Disguise He-Man
    _Shadow Weaver
    _King He-Man (coming soon)

Then, figures sold only at TRU and not avail for most international collectors
    _DC vs MOTUC He-Man
    _DC vs MOTUC Skeletor
    _DC vs MOTUC Mer-Man
    _DC vs MOTUC Stratos
    _DC vs MOTUC Zodac
    _DC vs MOTUC BA Faker
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Ebay is not always a good thermometer for a figure's rarity. Often a seller will see only one or two others selling am item so they jack up their asking price and BAM the new market price has been set so all the others follow suit. For example Whiplash, the guy has never been overly expensive yet, he is now Buy It Now priced for roughly $70. That price its way too high and in a few weeks it will dip down again. He wasn't short produced or anything.

IMO Battle Armor Faker is the hardest figure to come by other than the EXTREMELY RARE KG and She-Ra's.

You know I never really paid all that much attention to my He-Ro figure's stone and I just notice that it is purple. What makes him so rare, I brought him only a few weeks ago and paid around $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    You know I never really paid all that much attention to my He-Ro figure's stone and I just notice that it is purple. What makes him so rare, I brought him only a few weeks ago and paid around $20.
    Wow, you lucked out, Torak!

He-Ro came with one of three different versions of the spellstone in his staff. The most common one is the Green Stone of Protection, followed by the Red Stone of Defense, and the Purple Stone of Healing was the produced in the lowest quantities. In the package, the staff is closed so that you can't see which stone you got but I heard that you can cheat that by shining a light at it and seeing the color of the reflection. Most of the He-Ro's I've seen offered on eBay don't make any mention of the stone color, making it tricky for collectors who want to have every version of him. And then there's He-Ro's sold at San Diego with the SDCC logo stamped on his chest, underneath the armor, vs those who were later offered on Mattycollector without the stamp...That's six He-Ro's for the hardcore collectors!

So I guess you can say that the convention-bought Purple-stoned He-Ro with the SDCC logo is one of the rarest MOTUC figures to have!

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Battle Armor Faker has become extremely rare (if not the rarest if you don't include SDCC variants and exclusives). I found it easy to pick up from the TRU website when it was first released. It was easier to find online that even the Zodac and She-Ra packs. Once it was gone though - it was gone.
    This is true. It was quite easy to purchase BA Faker. I thought he was up for a few days before sellout. I just don't think the masses knew when TRU was going to list the item. But yes this item is rare....some people don't even know that this was an actual figure made.

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Wow, you lucked out, Torak!

He-Ro came with one of three different versions of the spellstone in his staff. The most common one is the Green Stone of Protection, followed by the Red Stone of Defense, and the Purple Stone of Healing was the produced in the lowest quantities. In the package, the staff is closed so that you can't see which stone you got but I heard that you can cheat that by shining a light at it and seeing the color of the reflection. Most of the He-Ro's I've seen offered on eBay don't make any mention of the stone color, making it tricky for collectors who want to have every version of him. And then there's He-Ro's sold at San Diego with the SDCC logo stamped on his chest, underneath the armor, vs those who were later offered on Mattycollector without the stamp...That's six He-Ro's for the hardcore collectors!

So I guess you can say that the convention-bought Purple-stoned He-Ro with the SDCC logo is one of the rarest MOTUC figures to have!
    WOW, that's crazy! It wasn't until this thread that I look at my figure and wondered what color the gem was I notice it was purple. Of course, I saw it when I 1st got him but didn't know it was rare and I display him with it close so I forgot what color it was. Crazy!

Moving on from me.

These three are extremely rare:

DSCF1496.JPG
    Last edited by Torak; January 21, 2013 at 06:57pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Yes the 200X Teela was hard to find in the US as she was in the "smash blade" wave. Also she wasn't released at all in the UK or Europe.
    Teela being a female character in a boys line was short packed. Female characters are an interesting beast. Many collectors don't want them, even as adults but those who do really want to make sure to get them and they may not made to reach that demand.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

1- The real rare figures (not in order):

-- King Grayskull in bronze version

-- Moss Man flocked ears

-- He-Ro with black/transluced sword

-- He-Ro from SDCC (red or purple stones)

-- Battle Armor Faker

2- Hard to find figures: Teela, Scare Glow, Webstor, Whiplash, Tri-Klops, King Randor(V1), King Grayskull SDCC, Shadow Weaver, He-Ro, Orko SDCC, He-Man(V1 - red eyes), Optikk, Wun-Dar, Preternia Disguise He-Man, others SDCC exclusives ...

3- Impossibles: Spirit of Grayskull and Crome She-Ra
    Last edited by Monteeg; January 21, 2013 at 07:14pm.

Outside of the SDCC figures / chase versions, it's easily the flocked ears version of Moss Man. I'm not sure why it's such a debate still at this point, lol.

How about Stratos with the Yellow belt. I know it wasn't a true variant just a production error.

Purple stone He-Ro, really? Huh. I would have thought green would have been rare, drum up want for it and all. I got a purple one and remember being bummed it wasn't green.

Don't forget the rare Filmation Faker on error He-Man card.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Snappy Threader
    This topic has always interested me. The debate between "supply vs. demand" and "number of units produced" is always fun. In my opinion, obviously leaving out the KG stuff and chrome She-Ra or whatever it was, I would say BA Faker, just because it was up and off the TRU site fairly quickly, never made it to a lot of the stores, was US only (if I recall correctly) and it was a con-exclusive (sort of outside of the time on the TRU site). I never found him, missed him online, and haven't seen one in person so I am not sure it actually really exists. just joking! But BA Faker gets my vote.....

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    This topic has always interested me. The debate between "supply vs. demand" and "number of units produced" is always fun. In my opinion, obviously leaving out the KG stuff and chrome She-Ra or whatever it was, I would say BA Faker, just because it was up and off the TRU site fairly quickly, never made it to a lot of the stores, was US only (if I recall correctly) and it was a con-exclusive (sort of outside of the time on the TRU site). I never found him, missed him online, and haven't seen one in person so I am not sure it actually really exists. just joking! But BA Faker gets my vote.....
    Really agree with you as this thread is really interesting, we will see as time goes by how many other figures will join to this V.I.P group of rarest ones!

Wow! I had no idea how rare the BA Faker vs. Bizarro 2-pack was. I was lucky enough to get one from the TRU website when they were available. At the time I never considered that it would be valuable one day, especially so soon. It's been packed away in my closet for a long while now. After reading this I may have to go get it out and put it back on display.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Yellow belt Stratos is definitely up there with Silver She-Ra (2 only) and Ghost of Grayskull (my memory says there were 2 charity versions and an unknown but tiny number provided to Mattel staff).

Red and purple stone He-Ro are likely next most rare (even more so if you wish to differentiate between the (tattooed) SDCC release and Matty release).

Flocked ear Moss Man is likely next - however I do wonder how he will compare with King He-Man who must surely be one of the smallest production runs of all given the dip in subscriptions.

I'm surprised at the mentions of Battle Armor Faker/Bizarro as I would have assumed being produced for retail the numbers would have been large, even at the end of the line.

I do suspect that each of the Vykron pack-outs are in very, very low numbers - but could not guess whether there were fewer of the Matty or SDCC versions.

Then there is Shadow Weaver whom we know was a low production figure, and Wun-Dar.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

1) She-ra Chromed Only 2 made
    2) King Grayskull spirit 2 made for public and a few for a mattle employes
    3) Flocked ear Mossman
    4) King Grasykull Bronce
    5) King Grayskull sddc Regular skin
    6) Battle armor faker and bizarro pack
    7) Shadow weaver
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I think we can add Fangman and King He-man to this list....
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!