View Poll Results: Should Super 7 maintain continuity with the MattyCollector green package design?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I'd like the green MattyCollector package design to be used

5 17.86%
  • No - I'd like the vintage style red package design to be used

23 82.14%

Thread: Ultimate vintage packaging or continue with the green MattyCollector design?

Ultimate vintage packaging or continue with the green MattyCollector design?

The classics line is to continue in 2017 with a new subscription. Would you rather Super 7 keep with the same green package design that MattyCollector has used since 2008 or instead, have this as an opportunity to break away and use the Ultimate vintage inspired red packaging for all future characters?

Heroic Warrior
    Could you add a third option: "Doesn't matter to me"? I imagine there are a number, like myself, who open the toys and don't care either way.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I haven't been a MoC collector so far, but far prefer the new vintage-inspired, nostalgia-filled, conveniently resealable Ultimate packaging over the much more inconvenient green-brick one (which was not only unresealable, but also a total pain in the backside to open in the first place). But I suppose MoC collectors who care about consistency might prefer it otherwise, even though the consistency has already been broken by Mattel themselves with the Club Grayskull Filmation-variant figures sporting a totally different (and resealable and less inconvenient) packaging.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Could you add a third option: "Doesn't matter to me"? I imagine there are a number, like myself, who open the toys and don't care either way.
    If you don't care either way, just don't vote.

I'd like to see the vintage style packaging used for the future rereleased Ultimate figures. I'm assuming future Ultimate rereleases will be vintage A listers only anyway and would be characters that have a direct connection to the vintage '80s packaging. That will give those of us who already have these figures an incentive to rebuy them (or at least me anyway). But for continuity sake I'd prefer the old green brick for future NEW Classics character releases. I'm a Moc collector (at least for now) and would like the display to remain consistent. Also any new figures that we get won't be from the old toy line but first time releases from various other media like comics, mini comics, cartoons etc. These new figures would be characters that have no connection to the vintage packaging anyway.

So I guess I got with option C, Both.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; December 4, 2016 at 04:08am.

Heroic Warrior
    Frankly I wouldn't mind all motuc figures come on the vintage packaging and that includes club grayskull. You can't beat the old school package design for any toyline

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

vintage is where it is at. Ultimates are a new thing and doing a new old thing is just perfect. I love it and it is very much the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    hmmm ... not sure how to edit the poll once it has been created. Sorry

Never liked the green brick design, for me it was wrong from the get-go, it`s kind of dull. The defining colors for this brand were always red and blue. It`s like Superman`s costume, it`s just iconic.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Attak Trak, Masks of Power Demons, Alcala-Style Figures

Vintage packaging. I hate the green brick.

Mattel themselves changed the packaging back in the 200X line to MOTU Vs Snakemen theme at one point, so I feel like Super 7 going forward in Classics with new packaging (especially if it's an improvement!) would be just fine. Even if you're a MOC collector, new packaging would signify a point in time where another company stepped in and took things over from Mattel. I think years from now it would be cool to pull them out of whatever storage you've got going on and see that transition.
    Plus, I am a fan of how the accessories in Ultimates seem to be packed in a manner that does not bend or warp the weapons.
    Last edited by zodak74; December 4, 2016 at 10:30am.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

I'd like to keep my MOC collection as uniform as possible, so I'm glad Super7 has chose to stick with the green brick packaging for MOTUC.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I would LOVE for Super7 to use the newly designed vintage style cards and resealable bubbles!

The green brick is so blase... I've never been a fan of it, and that is one reason why Anti-Eternia He-Man is such an eye-catcher: newly colored bricks!!!! Lol!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

MOTUC with Green bricks, no changes. More Ultimates, old school look, hell yes.

These polls will never provide a proper cross section of the fandom, I'm pretty sure every serious MOC collector will want to retain a uniform look to Classics. And I personally feel S7 should maintain that. It's not 1982, and Classics aren't the Vintage figures. The Ultimates provide the nostalgia, therefore new packaging will separate them, they are Classics molds, but they are not being billed as MOTUC. classics has existed since 2008 wit the same packaging, it would be stupid to change it now.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 6, 2016 at 12:50am.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!