View Poll Results: Should Dylamug be changed?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave him as is

26 26.26%
  • Change him a little

24 24.24%
  • Go full Classics

34 34.34%
  • I don't care

15 15.15%

Thread: Should Dylamug be changed?

Should Dylamug be changed?

After Super7 blew us all away with their awesome new reveals, we've had some time to think, and a lot of people are reacting to the fact that Dylamug will be changed to fit more into the Classics line. We hear fans saying that Dylamug is amazing just as he is, while others do want him changed. So I am curious to see what the numbers are. And who knows, it might affect the decision!

Options are:

• Leave him as is - This option means you don't want anything changed
    • Change him a little - Maybe change the Horde bat symbol, add a few screws and panels...
    • Go full Classics - Do all the changes necessary; basically redesign the character as a Classics version of itself
    • I don't care - this is pretty clear, I hope

I'm happy with what we've seen, but at the same time if Super 7 & the Four Horsemen want to use what they've shown as a jumping off point to bring something even better to the table, I won't vote to stop them!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Imo he has to stay as it is since that is a Filmation character and he is exactly like in the cartoon
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    To me he looks good as is but I don't really care if they make changes.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    I hesitated between, Change it a little, Go full classics and don't care .
    I think it is good if it goes full classics but it will need to be rerelease in Club Grayskull so if it deserves ot have only one release, go for change a little

I like hm as he is, I'm not quite sure about the arms though, they look a little on the thin side, hopefully they'll be quite sturdy though.

let him as is

Change him a little.

Swappable Horde symbols (toon and Classicized), plus maybe a bit of alternating parts deco with a slightly darker gray in some parts and some light silver accents.
    Vintage New Adventures deserves to be finished!
    MOTUC Top Ten Super 7 wants: KAYO, Hoove, Drissi, Crystoll, Chef Allen, any Catra variant, Nocturna, Red Knight, Clawdeen (flocked), Spinwit
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker, Shecky

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Change him a little.

Swappable Horde symbols (toon and Classicized), plus maybe a bit of alternating parts deco with a slightly darker gray in some parts and some light silver accents.
    There you go! These should be the minimum changes that they put into place. I would be okay with this slight upgrade, while preferring a few additional tweaks.

I thin they should let fans have 2 different versions of the character with interchangeable parts

I don't care especially at this time. A couple of points. I'm excited by what we've seen already. They already said they are still working on him and his design is not at all final. I would prefer him to be "Classicized" as per the She Ra Pop Characters for instance, or Icer, etc.

Whatever his final design is I have seen from that reveal they are entirely on the right track and I trust whatever they come up with. He's all but done now and it's Dylamug without a doubt. The subtle details are moot at this point.

A little change is fine.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

I voted for him to be left alone BUT if he is changed a little I'd be okay with it.

I voted for change him a little. Just add interchangeable vintage toy Horde Emblem and maybe some slight wash like the Horde Troopers have.

I do not agree with adding in any major sculpted detailing or 'Classicized' parts that cannot be removed.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Im fine either way.

Full Classics! I don't collect the Toon Line, and I would like it if the Classics characters look at home in their line. I love that brand new characters are still debuting in this line.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I voted for change him a little. Just add interchangeable vintage toy Horde Emblem and maybe some slight wash like the Horde Troopers have.

I do not agree with adding in any major sculpted detailing or 'Classicized' parts that cannot be removed.
    Totally agree with that.
    I voted for" leave him as is" but I could have voted "change him a little" that way.
    And I guess a lot of collectors who voted "change him a little" think the exact same.

I think swapable Horde Symbols for classics and filmation are a good idea.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    his face should be swappable too. one face like we already saw & a new face that is more robotic/technological
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

just give me a more detailed (classicized)Horde symbol and im good...
    White jays, white horse , white wrist , white Porsche -

Totally Dyslexic
    I voted go full Classics.

There is a whole line for no details and sleek surfaces and itīs not called Classics.

He is demanded and once done in proper Classics style Super 7 can release him as he is now in the other line.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I'm okay with just a little or full Classics. The figure DOES need SOME added detail IMO.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Full Classics! I don't collect the Toon Line, and I would like it if the Classics characters look at home in their line. I love that brand new characters are still debuting in this line.
    Agreed. Do the core line up in the cartoon line like it was intended. Classics is to bring all characters together and look uniformed together. After the core line up in the cartoon line is done then maybe go make dumbed down remakes of characters that were in the cartoon like fang man and strong arm. Outside of core line up in the cartoon, everything filmation should be in the classics. The main line. It seems either people are new fans or they're losing their way.

I voted leave him as is.

That's probably because I'm such a huge Filmation fan and, to me, he looks exactly like the source material.... so, I'm perfectly happy with him!

On that same note, it wouldn't hurt to have a "Classicized" Horde symbol for those who want to swap it out...
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Leave him alone

please release accurate Filmation of-- Fisto, roboto, kobra khan, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, , moss man, icer , buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, mekaneck, stratos ram man, frosta, bow, shadow weaver, catra, catra frosta, panther form ,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.