View Poll Results: How would you like your Slime Pit He-Man figure in MOTUC?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • A translucent green He-Man - Same exact sculpt as a regular He-Man figure, except translucent green.

8 21.62%
  • A solid green He-Man - Newly sculpted pieces dripping with slime and other paint applications.

11 29.73%
  • A mixture of option 1 and 2.

18 48.65%

Thread: Slime Pit He-Man (MOTUC) - Clear Green or solid green with sculpting?

Slime Pit He-Man (MOTUC) - Clear Green or solid green with sculpting?

Hello Everyone,

A variant that is often requested is Slime Pit He-Man. But, there is some debate over how he should be represented. So would like a variant of the existing he-Man buck, while others are looking for a mini-comic accurate figure which would require new tooling. Which would you prefer...?

1. A translucent green He-Man - Same exact sculpt as a regular He-Man figure, except translucent green and with red eyes and other potential paint applications.
    2. A solid green He-Man - Newly sculpted pieces that show dripping slime, and angry face sculpt, red eyes, and other paint applications.
    3. A mixture of option 1 and 2.

a mixture of option 1 and 2 would be perfect , but the most important option is the translucent he man ( at least for me )

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    A mixture might be best.

Quote Originally Posted by kanon View Post
    a mixture of option 1 and 2 would be perfect , but the most important option is the translucent he man ( at least for me )
    Heh, nice.

-------

I've already written at length elsewhere about this elsewhere.

In short I know the sculpted slime and not transluscent is more accurate and probably does make more sense...

BUT I really want that transluscent green one like so many customizers have made. I cannot explain it, I think it's how the people who were not happy with Anti-Eternia Heman not having a red harness since he'd be depicted that way by fans. Of course I know it's not at all the same in that there was no official depiction of Anti Eternia but there is of SLime Pit.

I will add that neither Anti Eternia nor Faker had "angry" headsculpts. I do not feel Slime pit needs that either. The grimace reads as angry or stoic as per the character he is. I think my faker (and the anti eternia I do not have) appear sufficiently evil just by virtue of who they are and how my eyes read the figure.

I will offer that perhaps they could use the normal sculpt but add a sculpted dripping slime overlay "armour" pieces. I think that would look really cool and being optional is great. But a buck with sculpted permanent "slime drips" as part of the arms, chest, legs, ect, is a waste of time and money and everything Mattel has done as led me to believe armour and accessories are much cheaper to make. Sculpted dripping slime pieces is the best way to go right?

But again, I know that if it was Translucent it would not be right, but it's easier to paint up the translucent than make a painted figure green translucent.

Heck, as I mentioned elsewhere I even kinda want a Power Harness but with the horde logo over it, though in the comic it is just obscured with more slime. Either way I am fine just adding one of the removable symbols that came with the Foe Men, so I am not pushing for this.

I really hope more people see and respond to this. I am very curious on the feelings of the greater .Orgers at large.

I am sorry that comic accurate is only one choice where a mix or trans is 2 choices so accurate is more easy to outnumber. So really it's either "accurate" or "not" because there is no difference to me between 1 & 3. I do not particularly want sculpted on drips but if it were translucent it wouldnt really bother me.

I feel like this is all in how it is painted. Again, accessory "armour" bits that are dripping slime over the figure if you want that really slimed look.
    Last edited by baronterror; September 6, 2016 at 05:17pm.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Solid green. He's not a ghost. He's just covered in slime. Being covered in a liquid doesn't make you become see-thru.

What I would like are some glow in the dark splotches on him and some glow in the dark red eyes.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

They could cast parts in translucent green and then strategically paint over them, leaving the sculpted "slime" to look translucent. Similar to how they made the webbing on Lizardman's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    They could cast parts in translucent green and then strategically paint over them, leaving the sculpted "slime" to look translucent. Similar to how they made the webbing on Lizardman's hands.
    I'd be down for that!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hoping Power-Con returns in 2017!

I voted option 3. If there was a way that they could do a double pour on the mold (like how the designer vinyl/resin toys can be done), they could do a clear layer over a solid layer, then you'd get the best of a solid green He-Man with translucent slime drips. I'd also probably use the Oo-Lar head as that looks angry enough.

I've been hoping that this version would come along since I got into collecting MOTUC (my Slime Pit was a big deal for me when I was a kid!), so if it comes to fruition, I hope its general release and not a chase/convention exclusive.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/