Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He-man director blown away by script!

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I actually liked the first transformer movie, didnt mind the second and never saw the third one.

Fact of the matter is you will never please everyone. How did the transformers movies do box office wise? Did they do well?
    I love the Bayformers movies they are utterly awesome.

as for how they did.

well according to the All Time Box Office Grosses by Box Office Mojo

Transformers is 54th

Revenge of the Fallen is 33rd

and Dark of the Moon is the 5th highest grossing movie

as for the actual years they were releases

Transformers was 3rd overall

Revenge of the Fallen was 2nd

and Dark of the Moon was also 3rd

so however you look at it they did pretty well especially DotM when you consider its overall all time position
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

In short, they all did pretty well at the box-office. The third one especially, as it made over a billion worldwide.

I loved the TF movies... but I'm not a hardcore fan so I don't know what was changed.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    The proper story of Transformers, with its best meaning, is a warning about how industry empowers and seeds itself, with less natural than material reasons.
    ..but no one told Michael Bay that.
    (..and my Transformers storyboards werent done until his second flop, so I was slow on the go too)

OK, there are movies I love that were received poorly by critics. The Masters of the Universe movie from 1987 is a perfect example for me. I'm also aware of the Transformers movies doing very well at the box office. I just can't get myself to like those Michael Bay movies. I try to have an open mind about it, it's just that, in my very humble opinion, I find it very hard to watch those movies. You guys liked them, and that's great for you. They also made tons of money, so obviously a lot of people also liked them. I just am not one of them.

And I hope beyond hope that the new Masters of the Universe movie is NOT like those films.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Any movie with a classic tittle will sell very well unless the pirates get it first.

Even "Masters of the Universe - King GreySkull and the Zombie Apocolipse" --coming soon

Heroic Warrior
    Are there any old scripts online?

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeoftheBeast View Post
    Are there any old scripts online?
    For motu there is. It's by the guy who did the chun Li movie. Sorry cant remember his name right now .

Justin Marks. Apparently it was really bad. I never saw it myself, but I recall some of what people say about it on this board. If I remember right I think some suggested he simply transplanted certain elements of his script into that awful Chun Li movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

What Larry Hama says about Retaliation. "I liked RETALIATION a lot. Vast improvement over ROC. Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow are much more up front, and the whole thing is a lot more character-driven. Not only is there no sinking ice, but the big finale involves physical action with people rather than choreography of CGI vehicles. The Rock is perfect as Roadblock, and Bruce Willis's take on Joe Colton is brill (he has some of the best lines.) There's no sign of Scarlett, but the actress who plays Lady Jaye is quite good. Jinx is amazing. Flint is kind of meh. Overall, the direction is terrific and crisp. I can tell what is going on all the time, and everything LOOKS great. Ninja fight sequence in the mountains is amazing, in that you never lose track of what is happening, and there's a ton of fast visual input. Is there stuff I didn't like? That would be quibbling. The positive outweighs the negative here. And I walked out feeling that the characters had been treated with respect."

Heroic Warrior
    Sounds like the script is well written
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.