Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade, Gwildor, and Saurod - How important are they to you?

Blade, Gwildor, and Saurod - How important are they to you?

With only so many vintage figures left, I'm curious about these guys. I'm surprised we haven't gotten to any of them yet. They're from the movie so I think that may factionalize them a bit. But I want them just as much if not more than other vintage figures left to be made. What would be your idea on how to get to them? 3 pack? Exclusive? Singles mixed in monthly? In any case I want all three. What are your thoughts?

Heroic Warrior
    Not that important... Something like the Rock people, nice but not essential to me...

Extremely, just as important to me as Mantenna and Two-Bad
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Blade & Saurod were favorites of mine when I was a kid. They would be amazing in MOTUC.
    I'm starting to lose interest with this line now slowing down & with all those Filmation, POG, NA, POP, HRSOHM, Mini Comics & others still to go.
    I'm hoping they will be a 3 pack so they are not 3 separate monthly figures.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Essential for completeness. Those three plus Karg are definite must-haves for me. I'd also welcome an Eternian Robes Lubic and a God Skeletor, but these I could live without—not so about Blade, Gwildor, Saurod and Karg; not having them would leave big holes in my collection.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

These are essential to me. Gwildor has been mentioned in the bios and has an important role in the saga. The other two are just very cool characters that need to be updated while we can get them.

I don't think Mattel even has the rights to make these guys. Maybe this will be a NYTF announcement. But essential? Completeness sake as mentioned already then yes. I had the figures as a kid & would love them now Classicized.

Heroic Warrior
    They have the rights to Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor since they made figures of them in the 80s.

Blade-ill be happy to get him; he's not a favorite, but I seem to like him more the older I get.

Saurod-Can't wait; I loved my Vibtage toy and will be glad for his updated inclusion...

Gwildor- Cant get him soon enough!!! I'm really really teallyvstoked to get him in MOTUC!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

They are essential to me. Hell, I want Karg.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

VERY important. Especially Gwildor. He has to get made

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Essential to me!!!!

I don't care about them at all, but I think they should at least make every figure that came out in the vintage line.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    These are essential to me. I would be so excited to get those 3 plus karg, movie he-man and skeletor, and god skeletor. I know we'll probably not get anything beyond blade, gwildor, and saurod but I hope we get them soon.

On a side note. I remember the odor that Saurod would make when he made those sparks. Ah that brings me back! LOL

I think they're totally essential though! I would sort of like a 3 pack, mostly because I wouldn't want to risk getting only one or two of them. They're kinda like a set to me. I'd feel like there was a huge hole in my collection and the mythos if we didn't get them.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Very important.

They were in the movie. They had "The Motion Picture" on their packaging. They were late in teh lien. Many people have great memories of these even if the movie isn't exactly critically acclaimed.

Since I was a little pyromaniac Saurod will always have a special place in my heart.

And Blade?! Don't even get me started on his coolness factor. Especially after the PowerCon presentation.

I'm sure a lot of people got their Gwildor love too. He wasn't my favorite, but I had his figure nonetheless and is integral to the movie figures.

Also count me in for a Karg as well even though they don't have the rights.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Not important to me at all. I never liked the movie so I never equated them as part of the vintage line.

I want, I want, I want, I want so bad.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Both Saurod and Blade were the only things I really loved from that awful movie (even if they simply were substitutes for Kobra Khan and Tri-Klops...). I'd actually prefer both of them to fan favourite figures like Spikor or Jitsu.

I always loved Saurod and can't wait to finally get him. He was always one of my favourites when I was a kid. Not suprising, since I always had a faible for reptilian creatures. Plus his sparking action feature was really awesome.

I didn't know Blade until the 200X cartoon was made and I was back for more Motu. I became acquainted with many characters I never knew about - including Blade. At first he didn't look that appealing or special to me. But that changed when I saw the character in the movie. A very cool performance indeed.

Gwildor on the other hand is not that important to me. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't buy his figure though.
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; January 16, 2013 at 12:22am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Not important at all as they are just movie characters that barely did anything. They are just as bad as those Rock Lords as far as I am concerned and not needed. In fact, neither are those half wit half characters that float.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Gwildor is my most wanted figure!
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Never equated them as part of vintage line .. Rock people on the other hand.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Essential to me. I would prefer those three over any other vintage motu figures left, honestly.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Not that important... Something like the Rock people, nice but not essential to me...
    This.^^^ Exactly This ^^^
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I am going to pass on them - or sell them out of my Sub - if and when Mattel may get to them.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572