Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: February Sale announced - Nice high res pic of Ram-Man!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'm pretty sure the exclusives are next month.
    I would think so as well.

I am really looking forward to Rammy (finally!!!) and Jitsu. This is probably one of the most exciting months in a long time for me!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

With the Chinese Luna New Year I am bracing myself... been receiving renewal notices since the 28th of January. Maybe they were trying to get these out before it?
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Why are they using the pie tin head photo for Ram Man? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Are

the

subscription

figures

shipping

this

month?!
    Mine are. Not sure about yours.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Yes, a very large deal was made about it. It was added during the sub period after many suggested it. There were several "now includes SDCC items!" Announcements.

This to me is going to be the only real use of this feature. I'm not paying separate shipping for any extras the way it stands - and I doubt anything else will sell out before sale day. But the SDCC items, absolutely - they will still just be the over-stock from the convention, and things like last year's Monster High doll and Batman figure very well may sell-out before the "regular" sale day. In fact, I believe those two were specifically called out as the types of items it would include - basically, anything that is NOT part if a sub that will be available at MattyCollector will be available under Early Access.
    Oh!? That sucks!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Why are they using the pie tin head photo for Ram Man? :P
    One of the 3 things I hate about Ram Man.

1, the Squinty constipated face (But it does look better with the helmeted head)
    2, the Squinty constipated face with a bottle cap (to me it doesn't look right against the silver armor, and again that just smelled the fart face.
    3, the fact that they made his hands too identical to the Vintage, with only a hole in one of them, instead of being open fisted like the rest of the line.

The rest of him is perfect....just kind of sucks they couldn't duplicate his action feature with a second set of legs or something, but oh well.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    A head that resembled his cheery face in the minicomics would have been a better second head for Ram-Man, but even so, with him and Jitsu together (ok, so it was by accident rather than design), this is arguably one of the best ever months in Classics history!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    A head that resembled his cheery face in the minicomics would have been a better second head for Ram-Man, but even so, with him and Jitsu together (ok, so it was by accident rather than design), this is arguably one of the best ever months in Classics history!
    I would have preferred a more cheery face as well, even a Filmation face would have been nice, instead of the stupid unhelmeted one.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I also noticed that Swift Wind is back on sale.

Snappy Threader
    Faker!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Has anyone tried the Snake Men armor on Kobra Khan? I'm wondering if it's worth ordering a couple more of him to add to the ranks with armor...

There is already two other threads about this topic that have been merged together.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    This should be exciting. I told my wife that she could have Ram-Man be my birthday present this year. So if they are shipping on the 11th, it'll be a nailbiter to see if he gets here for the 23rd. It absolutely should NOT be a nailbiter, but it will be...
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I would have preferred a more cheery face as well, even a Filmation face would have been nice, instead of the stupid unhelmeted one.
    I would've liked the aggressive angry face from the mini comic just before he launches at He-Man on the Attack Trak
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Ram Man sale date

Looks like I've really missed the boat on this awesome line. I just recently started collecting it, and I'm in love. I don't want to miss out on Ram Man, but do I stand a chance without a sub? When does he go on sale? Any tips? I've never bought anything from Mattycollector.com.

There are other threads that have the information you have requested, but of course since you are new, you probably haven't gotten used to the place yet. (sorry, this may come across as snide. Not intended that way.)

Ram Man will go on sale February 15th at 9 AM Pacific time (12 noon Eastern, 11 AM Central, 10 AM Mountain). If I remember correctly, Subscribers (whom have already ordered Ram Man via their subscriptions) will only have early access to the older figures that have been added to the sale for this month (in this case it is Kobra Khan and Faker). I may be wrong though. If you are sitting at your computer, logged in to MattyCollector.com (it's easy to create an account), and refreshing the sale page... you should easily be able to get Rammy within the first 30 minutes of the sale. I scored Frosta and Castle Grayskullman quickly and easily by doing the same thing last year. Just be prepared for larger than normal shipping costs and sales tax (frequently not charged on internet orders). If you can handle all of that, you should be good to go. Happy Hunting!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Yes, thank you. I should have mentioned I was browsing around, and didn't see that information. Specifically, how quickly he's expected to sell out. I've bought concert tickets that sold out in minutes.

I want to make the process as seamless add possible, so I tried setting up an account, but it looks like you can't put in credit card info without actually ordering something?

Hello there and welcome! I was in the same boat as you last year...I was new to buying from Matty and the Sorceress was coming up quickly that month. I was able to survive through Day of Sale purchases for the entire year, getting everything I wanted, and here are some quick tips I learned along the way...

1. Create an account with Matty ASAP. If I remember right, you only need to pretend to buy something but not actually purchase it to successfully set up everything you need. Add any item that's in stock to your cart and follow the instructions and you should be fine.

2. Be ready on time! You need to be at your computer at the moment the sales start to have the best shot of getting your figures. Be there about 20 minutes before the sale to get set up correctly, which includes...

3. Login early...Sign in and be ready to checkout before the sale starts. I usually add one of the Evergreen items, like He-Man, to my cart to get logged in. Once logged in, I delete my cart, go to the sale page, and wait until the sale starts.

4. Refresh the sale page at the start. Once 9AM hits (It's Pacific Time for me), I refresh my page until I can add the new items to my cart. Sometimes it can be delayed by a minute or two. Once the dreaded White Screen of DeathTM shows up, I wait it out until I can check out.

5. Emergency Tip: A couple of times, I'd get the checkout screen but the final "Submit Order" button wouldn't load...Don't panic! I think this glitch may be exclusive to Firefox browsers. The way I got around it was hitting the "My Cart" button and starting the checkout sequence all over again until the full page loaded. It's a little gutwrenching but it's the fastest way I discovered to get through it.

The longest the ordering process took, due to the White Screen delays, was about 15 minutes...And that was only one month. Most of the time, I'd be done within 5 minutes. Ram Man is almost guaranteed to be a big deal this month so I'd guess that he'll sell out within 15-20 minutes.

Oh yeah, if you end up missing out on Rammy, don't worry...Contact fellow member Yodafreakmaster. He really helped out the sub sales last year by buying up 33 subs and may have plenty of extras to sell if they're not all spoken for yet! Also browse through the Marketplace forums, you'll find a lot of friendly members who can help you with your collection without resorting to eBay all the time. I hope this helps!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    you should easily be able to get Rammy within the first 30 minutes of the sale. I scored Frosta and Castle Grayskullman quickly and easily by doing the same thing last year.
    I don't expect Ram-Man to last any longer than 10-15 min (and probably it's going to be more like an under-5-min sell-out). Castle Grayskullman, for its part, was gone before 20 min the first time (and faster yet the second time).

If he really wants to get Ram-Man, he'd better be there ready right on time at 9:00 a.m. o'clock, keep refreshing the page like crazy and order it just immediately after it's put up for sale. Ram-Man is the most anticipated MotUC figure IN AGES. Every toy-trading eBay scalper (and a sizeable chunk of additional opportunists) is going to be there right on time to clear out of Ram-Man's stock for later resale at obscene profit. So any delay (even a few minutes) may mean losing out on him.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Well, based on this new educated speculation makes me glad I already traded a sub-holder for their extra Rammy!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    Yes, thank you. I should have mentioned I was browsing around, and didn't see that information. Specifically, how quickly he's expected to sell out. I've bought concert tickets that sold out in minutes.

I want to make the process as seamless add possible, so I tried setting up an account, but it looks like you can't put in credit card info without actually ordering something?
    Seamless and MattyCollector are not possible.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.