Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Have you slowed or stopped collecting MOTUC? Official Mattel poll!

shipping costs and the last price increase which is very weird for me.
    but i like so much the toyline and really that won't stop...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    It's still an official Mattel poll. It's Scott Neitlich who's asking for our opinion this time, not one of the .Org admins/mods.
    I just noticed this. I feel dumb. My bad.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The main reasons for me:
    Poor quality control
    Poor character choices
    lack of accessories
    Poor attitude of Mattel
    Prices for all these is too high!
    And this was everytime told to Mattel for many times! At no point Mattel change anything. And than the criticism from Mattel that only if I buy a Sub I'm a real fan?!?!?! Then keep your stuff and sell it to someone else!

Widget
    First post here, registered and posted after i wrote an essay at another toy-related board on pretty much the same topic and had someone recommend i post it here. The referring board (who's name i won't mention in fear of the ban hammer) has said for years that He-Man, in this fashion, is a scam. When we use a word as broad as "scam" Matty and his supporters dismiss us out of hand. After a buddy of mine went to a comic con with the intention of buying He Man stuff and failing to find anything to his liking, i decided what Matty was doing was was best described with the more specific term "multi level marketing". How many He Man toys are sold by Matty to people who will open them up and put them on the shelf? How many are sold to Joe Scalper who is going to mark them up and sell them to someone else? Is Matty in the business of selling toys to collectors or in the business of selling toys to someone who will sell them to someone else? "But what's the difference between selling them to Joe Scalper and selling them to Wal Mart?" Wal Mart would want to buy them by the shipload, mark them up a little, and make it up in volume, the long game. Matty wants money NOW NOW NOW, so he creates a artificial scarcity at mattycollector.com, subscription services, logjammed ordering systems, etc. Joe Scalper buys them by the case (not the shipload) directly from Matty, marks them up huge, people think there's a demand. Joe Scalper sells them for $40, his buyer tries to sell them for $50. Wasn't there a scalper caught on film at San Deigo comic con buying a case from matty's booth then announcing as he walked away, "I'm taking these to my booth, you want one, $40 a pop!" Playing the short game is a bad idea. This may make money for Matty and Joe Scalper in the short term, but eventually they'll **** off enough people that nothing gets sold and, SURPRISE, there's a "market correction", and they end up at Wal Mart anyway. 1359230295427.jpg Then Matty has to patch it up with retailers and consumers and his bargaining position will be highly dubious. Furthermore, i was buying plenty of the 2002 He Man figures when they were $10 ish, i even bought Orko, but ZERO of the 03-04 (?) staction figures @ $20 a pop, and that's when gas was $1.50/gal and unemployment was 4%. I'm not made of money and even when i *was* made of money, that didn't mean i wanted to blow it on an inferior, expensive product. Last He-man product i purchased was a loose Two Bad from the 2002 line at the same con my pal left with nothing. Before that was Supergirl/She-Ra 2 pack at TRU, on sale, and i had to twist arms for that. The sale was over but they left shelf tag with the more reasonable sale price and i refused to pay full price. Before that? Set the wayback machine to 2003-ish, i found some of the MOTU vs Snake Men at a close out retailer.

I'm an annual subscriber so I can't say that I'm currently buying less but with the outrageous shipping charges, I have been considering a different collecting approach for next year.

I believe an option on the poll for Digital River as a whole being to blame which includes shipping cost, shipping method and poor customer service (e.g. handling address changes for orders, returns, credit card changes, etc...) would more accurately depict what the buying issues are for the line. All it takes is a google search for Digital River and you can see the numerous issues customers have had for years in dealing with them regardless of what company was using their "service."

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I hope mattel will take the right decision to continue the toyline, because that s pretty awesome, even if there are any problems with Digital River, or the increasing prices, that let us have new toys and since nothing is circulating anymore on ebay or so, we still can have great motu toys.
    Hope so they will maybe add another subscription for guys who want filmation toyline, that would be great and they are a plenty of new characters to make and that would develop the great motu universe.

Imo if mattel changes shipping method, cause apparently they are so many problems and they are too expensive, if they check better the QC for the figures, if they dont increase the prices like that, the toyline can go on for a long time.
    That would be cool even when the main characters like mantenna two bad tung lashor or scorpia will be done, to continue the toyline with filmation, variants like 200X or maybe prototype characters.

And to have a complete toyline we HAVE to get more vehicules, creatures and playsets. Maybe make them in lower quantities and ONLY on pre order but it is very shame to only have figures.

If that s possible to put the motucs on the market, but they would need a cartoon like 200x , but sure that would be awesome and that would work very well. I know it s a huge investement but maybe that would be a great idea.
    And if they sell in markets that would drop the prices of the figures for sure, so that would be great for collectors too.
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; January 28, 2013 at 08:13am.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Too bad there isn't a 'All of the above'. After the disaster that was 2012 (my first sub!) I have decided to quit with the exception of the odd figure or two. I no longer trust Mattel to provide me with a high end quality product.

-Scott, the problem with Mattycollector is not exactly a simple single issue people can vote on. It's a whole orchestra of screw ups, several which are to your name.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I hope mattel will take the right decision to continue the toyline, because that s pretty awesome, even if there are any problems with Digital River, or the increasing prices, that let us have new toys and since nothing is circulating anymore on ebay or so, we still can have great motu toys.
    Look, no disrespect dude, but this is exactly what I am talking about. They make it sound like we should be grateful to them that they are doing this line and you are not helping because of people like you.

Should blacks had just felt lucky to be in this country and be happy being slaves? Should indians had just been grateful we let them stay on reservations after we stole their land? Should we, the settlers, just had been happy being taxed by King George without representation because they let us come to this land?

I'm not trying to offend anyone. My point is that if we just accept it and not complain nothing will ever change.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I've paid enough attention over the years to know that Mattel's not going to stop cutting corners, so the only question now is when the line ends (and how ridiculously bad it gets before it does).

I'm really not keen on the retro aesthetic, with only a few exceptions (which I got, so now I'm done. I got Shadow Weaver, purple Evil-Lyn, Adora, and She-Ra. Trap-Jaw is perfect. I think visually he's always been my favorite.)

Even if a figure comes out that I really want, the combination of lower QC and higher cost would be discouraging. Hopefully I wouldn't have problems ordering individual figures like I have in the past. Has that more or less been fixed, if not from the system architecture, then from the lowered hype?
    Still, I can't imagine what I would want badly enough to return, unless they made like new-mold heads for Filmation Skeletor and Hordak, which sounds very very unlikely.
    Last edited by RavageX-9; January 29, 2013 at 07:50am.

I think this line was just a way to keep the brand alive until a new movie came out...I don't believe for a second that they planned to continue this line after the movie comes out. It takes up to many "resources". I love the line but I do believe Mattel upper mgmt. could care less. I do believe also that Scott tries very hard for us and will do everything he can for us. 2014 I hope will happen but I don't think we will see anything beyond that.

Never had serious issue with any figs. So I won't complain much about QC but way much more about Digital River which totally kills the fun imho. I only started collecting (yes like a crazy) a few months ago, it was insanely fun to get all those figs together but the fire is down because of many issues I had lately with DR. I don't wanna stop collecting MOTUC figures, but buying from here, ebay or some retailers, is quicker, safer and sometimes, even less expensive!

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    The very good thing about MOTUC was interchangable heads factor for me. But it has been always hard so far to get additional heads released.

Heroic Warrior
    Weill I wasn't really heavy into MOTU to begin with. Though there area several characters I like. Ram Man looks amazing. Mattel is really going to have to knock my socks off at NYTF.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Why isn't "lack of space" an option in the poll?

After 90+ figures that seems like it'd be a fairly popular choice.
    This is exactly what I wrote in 'Other'. Price of toys and shipping does play a minor roll but when I really think about it, I just don't have the space to store/display these anymore. If I'm forced to buy and stuff them in the attic because there's no other space then what's the point? I would rather display the ones I have now in the space I have and cherry pick the rest.

Being a completest since 2008 has really taken its toll with what little space I have...

2013 is the end of the line for me. I just can't justify spending $35-$30 for EACH figure (MOTU & DCUC). Has everyone seen the pictures of the new Star Wars Black Series? $19.99 each and Luke comes with his sword :-)

You know you will be able to get these at Entertainment Earth for much lower shipping or maybe even Amazon for free shipping if you are a prime member. I just can't keep doing MOTUC with mattys broken model.

Why don't they follow the method of the old toy line. It worked then? I don't see any ninja Turtles figures sitting on the shelf! Sounds like they figured it out, why can't Mattel!

Castle Grayskull was my last purchase! I will only buy at retail from now on!

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Ill never stop
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I was a big collector, i had almost every figure, but im just a cherry picker now, for a UK collector to pay $40 plus customs of $20 per figure its beyond a joke, and when i got DB Skeletor and his paint was flaking off i just threw him at the wall, and if im not collecting them all i just want 10-15 characters i had as a kid so ive sold the rest off.

Such a shame because i love fisto so much, what an awesome figure, then they produce some drivel decisions like black pastic with flakey paint, and demand more money, nah, not for me.

I hope the line stays alive though, for the collectors who want it.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm still 100% on board.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I’m cherry picking. Of all the revealed 2013 figures so far, I only want 6 of them. At this point, I have to really want a MOTUC figure pretty bad to shell out for it. Otherwise, I could get more bang for my buck collecting new Transformers and Star Wars or buying old 80’s toys I want.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    What about the poor attitude of Mattel and the Brand Manager when it comes to acknowledging mistakes or even in terms of answering fan questions? I know this has turned A LOT of people off.

Also, after this years sub ends, I'm out. I might cherry pick the figures I really want, but I'll never get another sub.

May I ask? Will the poll results be available to us .org members or this is only for Mattel and it is considered confidential?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    May I ask? Will the poll results be available to us .org members or this is only for Mattel and it is considered confidential?
    I find it highly unlikely they're going to publicly reveal why they're failing.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamblo View Post
    The very good thing about MOTUC was interchangable heads factor for me. But it has been always hard so far to get additional heads released.
    Yeah, i'm still hoping NA He-man comes with the helmeted head and armour. One of my most anticipated figures in this line and it feels so dull an empty without those two details.

I still have faith thou

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonhahn View Post
    2013 is the end of the line for me. I just can't justify spending $35-$30 for EACH figure (MOTU & DCUC). Has everyone seen the pictures of the new Star Wars Black Series? $19.99 each and Luke comes with his sword :-)

You know you will be able to get these at Entertainment Earth for much lower shipping or maybe even Amazon for free shipping if you are a prime member. I just can't keep doing MOTUC with mattys broken model.
    I could have been happy not knowing that these new SW toys will soon exist. Now I have to get them as well! Boooo too many cool toys. On the bright side, at least they are only releasing 6 or 8 a year so thats doable. But waaaaaaagggghh too many cool toys.

Regardless I am sticking with MOTUC til' the end.
    Last edited by Hordak; February 7, 2013 at 09:10pm.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"