Thread: If Filmation had done a COUNCIL of EVIL.....???

If Filmation had done a COUNCIL of EVIL.....???

I was thinking, what if Filmation had done a Council of Evil back in the 80's MOTU cartoon series, who would be it's members?

For me, I would have had it consist of those one-shot solo villains, getting more potential out of them as characters and also giving a break from the typical Skeletor and his cronies plot.

I imagine a good line up as Kothos, Evilseed, Negator, Batros, Baron Grod, and Count Marzo. It would be great! Now, I know Baron Grod became good at the end of his episode (The Huntsman). But, I figure he could have a relapse.

I might have used it as a way to introduce Geldor or Lodar into Filmation, too; as another member.

Who would you pick?
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 23, 2013 at 03:13am.

Good question!!

Kothos
    Evilseed
    Negator
    Count Marzo
    The Enchantress
    and that evil dragon from Darksmoke
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Good question!!

Kothos
    Evilseed
    Negator
    Count Marzo
    The Enchantress
    and that evil dragon from Darksmoke
    Morning Star or Shadow Wing?

Good choices, by the way.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    • Count Marzo

• Evil Seed

• Batros

• Game Master

• Negator

• Shokoti

Evil Apologist of Mattelģ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Great suggestions so far. Great idea for a thread!

A few names I'd like to add to the mix:

Jarvan (he brings the potion to the party!)

Monteeg (collects various warriors (Blackbeard, Hannibal, etc...) throughout time...def a great idea I always appreciated)

Darkdream (he's like the dude/MOTU version of Shadow Weaver except loves his darkness much more)

They might have to have some sort of giant, monster, or something too though like the ABC giants of MYP. There's a lot of possibilities out there, but which would cooperate and which are greater powers. For example, I see something like Sh-Gora a major problem where both sides of good and evil have to deal with that "greater power". Which giants/beasts would cooperate?
    -=§EvilCÝuntMarzݧ=-
    BLŇ«K FLōWňRä!!!!

Interesting question, Tamusk.

I'd say Pookie, Hollywag, Stanlon, Phillip, Star Child & Relay. Their enemies would never see it coming.

In seriousness Marzo, Shokoti, Enchantress, Evil Seed, Monteeg, Molkrom, General Tartaran & Dark Dream. That would be a tough group.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Great question!

I'd say:

Count Marzo
    Evil Seed
    Batros
    Jarvan
    Hexon
    General Tataran
    Shokoti

and probably a few more.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Good lists.

In my team, I figured it was a nice break down of abilities that compliment one another...

Kothos - Magic and a floating Palace (headquarters)
    Evilseed - control over plant life
    Negator - energy absorption and projection
    Batros - vast knowledge and magic
    Baron Grod - hunting and trapping skills
    Count Marzo - political savvy, magic, and the schemer

Shokoti might be too powerful to add to this group, but I wouldn't be against Masque joining up. General Tataran would be cool too, plus he has a goblin army at his command. Monteeg would be interesting, but I am not sure how well he'd fit in with this group. But he'd bring a nice "dark comedy" element to things I'd say.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

My Rationale

In the Mike Young Productions series, the Council of Evil consists of Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Webstor, Azdar, Belzar, and Chadzar.

So for the FILMation series, I retained Count Marzo and Evil Seed, but replaced Webstorówho had one high-profile appearance in the Mike Young Productions series before "The Council of Evil: Part 1," but was a recurring character in the FILMations seriesówith Batros, who had only one-high profile appearance in the FILMation series.

I then chose the FILMation villains who are not members of the Evil Warriors and who appear in more than one episode; General Tataran, Negator, and Shokoti (although Shokoti technically does not reveal herself until "House of Shokoti: Part 2").

Upon further consideration, I decided to replace General Tataranówho, unlike the other characters, only works in concert with Skeletor and is not a stand-alone villain, and who does not bring a unique ability or power set to the groupówith Game Master, who is arguably one of the most interesting stand-alone villains of season one, and whose abilities bring balance to the group of largely magical characters.

Hey, don't forget me ???

I think Monteeg and General Tataran must be in the list, as well as Count Marzo and Evil Seed.

To complete my list, Shokoti and Batros (if you consider him as a Horde renegade).

---------------This was directly for the fighting foe men but it works here as well-------------
    Another thing I was thinking about was about a resurrection of the Fighting Foe men in the future (Prince Adams time). Their are alot of Independent villains that seem to float around from faction to faction, or work alone. What if one villain were to unite them under one banner, The Resurrected Fighting Foe Men, with someone like Gygor, Count Marzo, or Shokoti leading them.
    Here's who I see as part of this faction:
    -Masque
    -Damon
    -Darkdream
    -Enchantress
    -Negator
    -General Tataran
    -Nepthu
    -Geldor
    -Lodar
    -Evilseed
    -Game master
    -Kothos
    -Monteeg
    -Tavor

When you take a look at that lineup, you got yourself a hell of a powerful force to be reckoned with.
    Last edited by facet; March 7, 2013 at 03:00am.