Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [POSSIBLE] MOTUC Toy Release Schedule Patterns?

[POSSIBLE] MOTUC Toy Release Schedule Patterns?

Is a possible MOTUC Figure release pattern starting to form?

I was just looking over the visual checklists so far. The older MOTUC years...

... an spotted a few patterns to help figure out what MOTUC figures/factions "might" be getting releases... and when!

Now we already know that there is a preset release schedule. Regardless if it has been "thrown out or not"... it still seems to be in effect in its pattern basics. I say this as instead of showing signs of more random releases to cover all the vintage figures, and core Pop, an NA... as they claim is happening now... they are actually becoming more patterned and noticeable. Which alone says... the schedule has not changed.. at least as of the current announced figures at NYCC 2012.

NOW!!! The NOTICEABLE PATTERNS...

Patterns - [UPDATED : 1/30/2013]
    ================================================== =========
    January Patterns-
    • [1 Female figure is present [regardless if reissue or new]
    • [PoP figures seem to always release this month every year - "Bow was to come out in January of 2011 but was delayed"

February Patterns-
    • [Secondary characters feature this month very often [even if only as a reissue]

March Patterns-
    • [Always a "Green" color [shade] character. Most likely to go along with St. Patrick's Day] - [merman was delayed]

April Patterns-
    • [April seems to feature more costly to produce heavy figures]

May Patterns-
    • [This month always has a character from PoP or NA - "usually B-list or C list characters"]

June Patterns-
    • [This month has featured a Great Rebellion or Horde Figure EVERY year -[even if its only a reissue]

July Patterns-
    • ["Outside of the SDCC Item" July seems to feature a Villian character generally -[except for 2009 and 2013]

August Patterns-
    • August prominently features a monstrous humanoid character [reissue or new figure][/I]]

September Patterns-
    • [Core figure Variants seem to be appearing in this month now since 2011]

October Patterns-
    • [NA & PoP Secondary characters seem to be appearing in this month now since 2011]

November Patterns-
    • [still looking - Check back later]

December Patterns-
    • [Larger scale, HEAVY tooling/cost items/AND Filmation figures have appeared this month]

-Also worth mentioning -
    ------------------------------

Since 2011 we seem to always get 7 evil "skeletors" warriors per year "this counts reissued figures as well as new releases"

Obviously get the Quarterly variants on the 1st month of every Quarter of the year, this we all know by now...

We have also Consistently had EITHER a She-Ra -OR- New Adventures "Villain" in 2nd Quarter of every year now, an seems like on the same month. [which can be confirmed going back until may 2010]

We also seem to get a new She-Ra figure in [at least] ever January of every year now...[which can be confirmed going back until Jan 2010 as Bow was originally supposed to be released in January of 2011 but was delayed]

The addition of Filmation into the line now; past Eternos Palace Randor; we seem to have a set pattern emerging now that mirrors the Quarterly items for these as well, which seems to show a release pattern that they are all falling on the last month of each quarter of the year from Granamyr onward...

Do you now think that we will start seeing a Filmation figure in each 3rd month of every quarter of every year the line runs from now onward after noticing this?

...an will all the other items continue to follow there set patterns that are showing up as well?

Thoughts?
    Opinions?

Spot another pattern? Please share and I will add it here as well!

[Before anyone comments on it, I tossed out most of the first years as they were really just "whatever they wanted to make at the time", and there wasn't a obvious patterns.. at a.... EVER... lol. Whereas now we "seem" to have a very formed up style of schedule for the releases now.]
    Last edited by Replikor; February 19, 2013 at 08:20pm. Reason: "altering thread title, mods help update plz"

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    "It's a fiasco!"
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Heroic Warrior
    You may well be on to something there, Replikor! Nice Catch!

Quick Question: Are there visual checklists for the rest of the MOTUC Releases Years & if so, where might they be found?
    Thanks In Advance!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    You may well be on to something there, Replikor! Nice Catch!

Quick Question: Are there visual checklists for the rest of the MOTUC Releases Years & if so, where might they be found?
    Thanks In Advance!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!
    Yes there are actually! Here you go...

[EDIT NOTE: I added all the current release lists to the first post for easier reference.]

These were all made by Jackofsquares's. Who keeps a regularly updated MOTUC visual checklist/calendar. Which can be found in my buddy Synthalus' Checklist thread here...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ed-Trademarked
    Last edited by Replikor; October 23, 2012 at 12:01am.

Heroic Warrior
    These were the pieces I found and used to show off what the fairness in the factions could have been. These are awesome and super handy!
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Obviously get the Quarterly variants on the 1st month of every Quarter of the year, this we all know by now...

We have also Consistently had EITHER a She-Ra -OR- New Adventures "Villain" in 2nd Quarter of every year now, an seems like on the same month. [which can be confirmed going back until may 2010]

We also seem to get a new She-Ra figure in [at least] ever January of every year now...[which can be confirmed going back until jan 2012, but also in jan 2010]

The addition of Filmation into the line now; past Eternos Palace Randor; we seem to have a set pattern emerging now that mirrors the Quarterly items for these as well, which seems to show a release pattern that they are all falling on the last month of each quarter of the year from Granamyr onward...

Do you now think that we will start seeing a Filmation figure in each 3rd month of every quarter of every year the line runs from now onward after noticing this?
    There was only one She-Ra Villain in there though....so you can't really include She-Ra in that statement, now if in 2009 we had a She-Ra baddie, then it would make sense, it's more like NA bad guys, every May, in all but 2009 & 2011. More a pattern for NA alone.

Remember 2012 was scattered....Star Sisters should have been Feb or Mar I think, Sorceress was supposed to be January's release....so really the 2012 road map as far as precise releases for certain months has been tossed out, we've got all the 2012 figures coming in 2012, but the pattern is off....as far as what was set to be released each month....sure you can go by what actually came out which month, but it wouldn't be very accurate....for that we need a peek at Scott's map.

I see one pattern though....the SDCC exclusive is always in JULY!!!
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 23, 2012 at 12:55am.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    And as far as POP in Jan, it's not really a pattern unless 2014's original road map had one slated, 2 events don't necessarily make a pattern.

Remember 2012 was scattered....Star Sisters should have been Feb or Mar I think, Sorceress was supposed to be January's release....so really the 2012 road map as far as precise releases for certain months has been tossed out, we've got all the 2012 figures coming in 2012, but the pattern is off....as far as what was set to be released each month....sure you can go by what actually came out which month, but it wouldn't be very accurate....for that we need a peek at Scott's map.
    :
    I also belive Bow was meant to be a Jan figure but got pushed back and vikor took his place since he was early, considering Star sisters where a quarterly sku covering a couple of months i can see the pattern he is suggesting here ...

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    I also belive Bow was meant to be a Jan figure but got pushed back and vikor took his place since he was early, considering Star sisters where a quarterly sku covering a couple of months i can see the pattern he is suggesting here ...
    I was thinking of something else for the first statement there....not sure what it was, I long since lost that train of thought....
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I was thinking of something else for the first statement there....not sure what it was, I long since lost that train of thought....
    nice catch! That confirms the January She-Ra pattern even more! Keep up the great work guys! I will update the original post.

Adora was supposed to be the 2009 December figure. Delayed due to Mer-Man's delay in March where Faker was released as the monthly figure. So everything since April 2009 is a delayed figure.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

The roadmap for 2013 has not been altered - that has been said several times; it was too late to change 2013. 2014 has been altered (if there is a 2014 at all). TG has simply said about 2013 that, even though it has not been changed, it is a solid year.

Quote Originally Posted by Star of the Morning View Post
    The roadmap for 2013 has not been altered - that has been said several times; it was too late to change 2013. 2014 has been altered (if there is a 2014 at all). TG has simply said about 2013 that, even though it has not been changed, it is a solid year.
    Actually in all honesty, the road map probably allowed no more than 12 figures a year, plus maybe quarterlies....

Scott even said, no one knows ahead of time how many slots will even be available for the next year, until after sub time....so realistically how can a 2012 road map have been set back in 2009? The 2009 line model only showed 12 figures and a few bonus figures....no one would have known then that 2012 would include so many figures, supposedly not even Scott....so to a point other than the basic 12 figure layout, the road map is just a guide, not an set in stone thing....

For one thing....other than slipping concepts and the 30th figures in, if there was a road map, then 2012 figures were either pulled in from 2013, or they just sculpted filler figures to pad out the numbers, thus taking figures from a future years road map....so saying the road map was figured out through 2016 is kind of BS in the first place. The only way the map could exist, is if it changed year to year to accommodate either less or more slots for the next year.
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Yes there are actually! Here you go...

[EDIT NOTE: I added all the current release lists to the first post for easier reference.]

These were all made by Jackofsquares's. Who keeps a regularly updated MOTUC visual checklist/calendar. Which can be found in my buddy Synthalus' Checklist thread here...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ed-Trademarked
    Excellent!

Thanks For The Info & The Update, Replikor!! I greatly appreciate it!!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Well, I just listened to Roast Gooble #99, and YET AGAIN, we see another comment by Toy Guru on how Mattel have wanted to make the "Son of Heman faction" and figures from that faction since year one. But this time he comments that they felt they needed to wait till year five an the line was established... so this is yet another clue we are STILL on the same MOTUC toy schedule as before.

This pointed out that The Son Of He-Man faction WILL indeed see more figures as Scott CLEARLY pointed out that the concept of doing that transition into the "DARE Era" has been floating around MATTEL for years now waiting to happen and that they WANT to follow on this idea.
    -This makes the second instance I can immediately recall on Gooble where Scott put a pin in the idea for ppl to notice how excited mattel is about transitioning AWAY from OUR He-Man and onward into the DARE era.
    I am still personally trying to decide how I feel about the idea of transitioning away from the MOTU Era I grew up as a child into something that never got past a design/concept pitch sheet, that I frankly didn't even know existed until a few years ago...

I will update this list with more information as it becomes available.
    Last edited by Replikor; November 5, 2012 at 10:41pm.

Another thing is that they seem to be on a loose schedule as to how they reuse the beast bucks. With the giant and cat bucks most recently used, we're due for a horse or an ape usage pretty soon.

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you Replikor for detecting these patterns !

Well, I just listened to Roast Gooble #99, and YET AGAIN, we see another comment by Toy Guru on how Mattel have wanted to make the "Son of Heman faction" and figures from that faction since year one. But this time he comments that they felt they needed to wait till year five an the line was established... so this is yet another clue we are STILL on the same MOTUC toy schedule as before.

This pointed out that The Son Of He-Man faction WILL indeed see more figures as Scott CLEARLY pointed out that the concept of doing that transition into the "DARE Era" has been floating around MATTEL for years now waiting to happen and that they WANT to follow on this idea.
    I fear more time agents or crappy figures integrating the line (remember the "time agents" sticker ? I don't think this was just a coincidence or a joke). If they have such bland designs as what we saw so far with Spector, Cy-Chop or Sir Laser-Lot, I am absolutely certain that I won't buy these figures. Any new figure design should be given to the Four Horsemen : they're the ONLY ONES who were able ot create a REALLY GREAT 30th Anniversary figure (Draego-Man).

I just hope that Mattel will keep their promise to release more vintage, fan-demanded figures. Otherwise, I cannot possibly see how a "son of He-Man" faction could happen, and the future of the line would also be endangered...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Thank you Replikor for detecting these patterns !

I fear more time agents or crappy figures integrating the line (remember the "time agents" sticker ? I don't think this was just a coincidence or a joke). If they have such bland designs as what we saw so far with Spector, Cy-Chop or Sir Laser-Lot, I am absolutely certain that I won't buy these figures. Any new figure design should be given to the Four Horsemen : they're the ONLY ONES who were able ot create a REALLY GREAT 30th Anniversary figure (Draego-Man).

I just hope that Mattel will keep their promise to release more vintage, fan-demanded figures. Otherwise, I cannot possibly see how a "son of He-Man" faction could happen, and the future of the line would also be endangered...
    [Edited 11/6/2012]

I know exactly what you mean. I also expect further "Time Agent" characters taking up valuable remaining character slots due to the sticker on the Great Rebellion sticker sheet.

My reasons...
    1. Its Scotts character's background... [Again, he mentioned "jokingly" on the #99 Gooble that he wants ppl to display with his Spector" - for the Son of HeMan era.. "of course".]
    2. They already paid for a custom logo, and there is NO WAY IN HELL that Mattel would sign off on a logo being produced for "1" figure... even if its for the brand manager.

. Fan Question...

How do the rest of you feel about the idea that Mattel now seems to want to move away from our "Era" of MOTU that we all grew up loving, and work into the DARE Era?

How do the rest of you feel about the idea that Mattel now seems to want to move away from our "Era" of MOTU that we all grew up loving, and work into the DARE Era?
    Sick to my stomach.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    I'll be honest : I don't mind a new faction for a new "era" to take place, PROVIDED all the vintage figures have been released (vintage MOTU, POP and NA), PLUS most of the 200x unique characters.

I don't mind new characters PROVIDED they look cool (no Spector, Vykron or Cy-Chop), are sculpted by the Four Horsemen (NO Mattel design team rottening the deal, please !) and are done properly, with good quality.

Alas, I see what Mattel has become, and I'm certain that this won't be the case... and that's why, all and all and in the end, I'm against that new faction : because I KNOW with my brain and with my heart that they're incompetent and unable to do it the right way.

I'm scared of the SoH era. I have less than 0 intrest in it. Could it be good? Maybe, but I seriously doubt it. Mattel will "screw the pooch" on this. It'll be lame uninspired characters shoe horned in too quickly to try and breathe new life in. I'm not trying to sound all negative or mean, but come on. We can't even get Glimmer made and they wanna cram He-Ro Jr./Dare down our throats?

Plus Time Agents...ugh. They just won't work. Why? Because the brand isn't set up for it. Doctor Who & Back to the Future work because they ARE about time travel. If we get Spector & his band of other agents...and no one knows how to write it, it will be as bad as all the Star Trek/Gate episodes where they humored some writer who said "You guys know what would be cool? A time travel episode." No...what would be cool is an episode I don't skip because some moron took a creative writing class, and wants to branch out.

I think it has the potential to be excellent, but it will be rushed out to make a buck. New fans won't be attracted & old ones will be repelled. I truly hope I am wrong, but the winds of change are upon us...and they smell like ****. I Dare them to prove me wrong.

I love the brand & have 0 problem with Scott/Mattel, but I'm a 30 year old realist who has seen this before. I'm hoping, but as I say "**** in one hand & hope in the other and lets see which one fills up faster."
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    I dare say it's a bad idea!

Look at Draego-Man, and continue the line that way. A vintage feel that fits. Keep MOTU the way it is, or just create a different brand. Stop using the He-Man name and Masters of the Universe to further projects that don't fit (like Time Agents, which should be its own thing). I'm fine with a son of He-Man idea if it follows the same feel, style, and look of the original. Pick a better name than just Dare. How about Dare-Ring, and he has a Grayskull power ring.

I have no problem with the idea of integrating DARE into MOTUC as long as this doesn't mean that the other factions go away. As mentioned by another, if Mattel has exhausted all of the major MOTU characters prior to introducing DARE in some more significant fashion than has already been done then I'm fine, but there is much more of the MOTU world yet left to mine first. So again, integrate DARE (as appears to be happening already), but no completely takeover please! And I'm also fine with Time Agents being integrated into the future line also. IMHO they have a place, they forward the mythos of MOTU, and given that they are coming whether we embrace them or not, I say learn to love the bomb, so to speak.

Question Replikor. Who is the fallen down figure in Sept '13 spot? The other silhouette's are fairly obvious, but that is not. Thanks!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

[Edited 11/6/2012]

Very excited about it and can't wait. It was te best power-co reveal for me.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Well, looking thru the mini comics again, I noticed some intersting patterns worth mentioning in this thread.

If you count all the MOTU characters shown in Mini Comic #3 that came with Dragon Blaster Skeletor, you will find some interesting info.

36 characters "not made so far" shown in the mini comic big battle shots
    12figs x3years = 36

Now if you throw in some filmation exclusives and a NA figs or two that would about end out 2013 an make the figures run till when? .. yes.. yet again 2016.

So this [yet again] points that we are STILL on the original 2016 road map. This yet another "convenient coincidence" showing that we are still possibly on the original roadmap Toy Guru mentioned back in an older Roast Gooble.

If you look at the designs of the figures "save brand new reveals" they are 95% accurate to the new MOTUC design's presented at conventions.

From the Comic an Toy Guru's comments I make out this list of who I expect we will get broken down by faction...

Heroic Warriors/Masters
    ============================

Extendar
    Flying Fists HeMan
    RioBlast
    Rockon
    Rotar
    Stonedar

Great Rebellion

Castaspella
    Double Trouble
    Flutterina
    Glimmer
    Mermista
    SweetBee

Evil Warriors

Blade
    Evil Seed 200X style
    Ninjor
    Prahvus
    Saurod
    Terror Claws Skeletor
    TwoBad

Snake Men

Blast Attak
    Snake Mekaneck
    Squeeze
    Tung Lashor

Evil Horde

Buzz Saw Hordak
    Dragstor
    Horde Troopers
    Mantenna
    Modulok

Galactic Protectors

Hydron
    Nocturna

Space Mutants

Flogg
    New Adventures Skeletor

================================================== ==========
    Below lists are a personal guesswork based on who is left after the above listed figures are made at some point. REGARDLESS if we switch over to 6 figures per year for a few years.
    ================================================== ==========

Filmation Guess-timations

Icer
    Lord Masque
    Scorpia
    Shakotti
    StrongArm

SDCC Guess-timations

Beastlord
    Eldor
    Gladiator
    Gwildor
    Oolar/Barefoot
    Laser Light HeMan
    Laser Light Skeletor

Snappy Threader
    Awesome list Rep.....very interesting for sure. I like your thinking. Where is Gwildor? Ha!