Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

Hybrid View

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

Holy Crap!!!!

It appears that fans want more PoP!

Are you aware of this thread over on the .org?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...013-Edition!!!

It is a tally of most anticipated figures leading up to NYTF. 1126 votes have been cast so far, and here are the Top 10 (as of post# 180):

1). Mantenna
    2). Two-Bad
    3). Scorpia
    4). Horde Trooper
    5). Tung Lashor
    6). Glimmer
    7). Modulok
    8). Madame Razz/Broom
    9). Mermista
    10). Castaspella

With 3/10 coming from the PoP toyline, another 4/10 appearing in the MOTU toyline BUT the PoP FILMation toon, and another 2/10 being FILMation PoP characters, that only leaves 1/10 (Two-Bad) being straight up vintage with no connection to PoP.

Any chance that the rest of 2013 and 2014 will help satiate these pollsters appetites?

I'll confirm at least one of the figures on this list will be shown at Toy Fair!
    Who could it be?!!!!

Er, could a mod change the title to "Major News! Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!"? Two-Bad and Tung Lashor change it from being all POP oriented.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 23, 2013 at 07:51am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior
    Horde Trooper 2 pack!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Horde Trooper 2 pack!
    That or a Mantenna that LOOKS LIKE THE STACTION!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

dang it max... ya beat me too it... lol.

I was just about to post this very same news. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/..._mantenna6.jpg
    ...hate to say it, but save horde troopers for a "enticement" for ppl to buy the 2014 sub.

Put out Mantenna now!

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ...hate to say it, but save horde troopers for a "enticement" for ppl to buy the 2014 sub.

Put out Mantenna now!
    I think many people bought the 2013 sub thinking that the Horde Troopers would be the super fan requested 2 pack that Scott kept hinting at.

Still, this is good news as it is a chance to get another prominent Great Rebellion (which I hope is what happens)
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Im hoping for Two-Bad....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I think many people bought the 2013 sub thinking that the Horde Troopers would be the super fan requested 2 pack that Scott kept hinting at.

Still, this is good news as it is a chance to get another prominent Great Rebellion (which I hope is what happens)
    Yeah, there might be some rioting (and not in the feel-good No Rio we Riot kind of way ) if Horde Troopers is NOT the highly requested two pack that comes out in 2013. I will not be happy if they don't come out til 2014.

...and it΄s going to be Two-Bad...

...to please the vintage only fans
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post

I'm guessing 1000% that the Horde Troopers is the 2 pack we get this year. and I'm guessing 90% that Castaspella is the one we get revealed at Toy Fair. Mantenna and Glimmer and Scorpia are more than likely going to be saved to sell the 2014 subscription. Probably two bad will be the 100% new tool.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/..._mantenna6.jpg
    Unfortunately it probably won't be based on that.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Im going to say Mantenna based on Fang-Man's new right hand sculpt with the trigger finger
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I don't get it, how is this MAJOR NEWS?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Probably Castaspella, which is indeed the least exciting figure of the bunch (and yes, I am a POP fan).

Hope Modulok though.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Horde Trooper 2 pack!
    yes! the Horde Trooper 2 pack!
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

First off, you're telling me that there's a top 10 list and ICER is not on it?!? Hogwash!! Seriously though, Mermista and Castaspella (sister of Makeasoupa and cousin to Knitaswetta) are on a top 10 list but not Rio-Blast or Extendar? Really? Who tallied the votes....filmation Ram-Man? Look, I like it all and I'll buy whoever they make, POP, NA, Filmation, whatever...but without the vintage Masters of the Universe line there would be none of that. Not one. The way it's playing out it looks like they'll get to everyone, just have faith POP fans....and while I'm at it, please, for the love of God, stop asking ToyGuru shipping questions...he's clearly annoyed by this! Now then, my guess: Horde Trooper. That's right, TroopER. Whoever said they'd be a two pack?
    WE GOT ICER SO NO RIOT SIR (Laser Lot)

Techniquely, Two-Bad could be one of them which wouldn't be Horde or POP news. I'll guess Castaspella, which would be the least exciting figure of the bunch.

I will take any one of those figures on the list other than the PoP ones! No more PoP please!
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumFist View Post
    I will take any one of those figures on the list other than the PoP ones! No more PoP please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I really, really hope it's Two Bad. He's a favorite of mine, and I want him (them?) sooner rather than later. And I can do without PoP.
    There's always got to be a few trolls in any POP-related thread, don't there? And is it just me, or have there been an increasing number of newer members expressing the same anti-POP sentiment and who seemingly have a very similar writing style (e.g., the capitalization--or lack thereof--of "PoP," etc.)? Methinks one or more of the more zealous anti-POP folks is making multiple accounts in order to make their divisive rhetoric seem greater than it actually is.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    There's always got to be a few trolls in any POP-related thread, don't there? And is it just me, or have there been an increasing number of newer members expressing the same anti-POP sentiment and who seemingly have a very similar writing style (e.g., the capitalization--or lack thereof--of "PoP," etc.)? Methinks one or more of the more zealous anti-POP folks is making multiple accounts in order to make their divisive rhetoric seem greater than it actually is.
    Definitely. They're blatantly instigators.

I do agree that some folks are very vehement with their "anti-POP sentiment", but you always tell from spelling... PoP is just as valid of a spelling as POP (just like MOTU vs MotU). Also, there are those folks who think POP should be called GR.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior
    I have nothing against PoP (and I capitalize it as "PoP" 'cause it's "Princess of Power", not "Princess Of Power", but that's neither here nor there), but it's not my cup of tea. And really, why would this be a PoP-exclusive thread? Doesn't that list on the OP have some non-PoP characters too? People are speculating about what could be revealed at NYTF and I'm just stating my opinion that I wish it to be Two-Bad. Nowhere have I said "PoP sucks and anyone who likes PoP sucks too". I said "I can do without PoP". Why? Because that's not my cup of tea. I grew up watching He-Man and playing with Masters of the Universe toys, and that's what I want to buy from MOTUC. How is this "trolling"? Honestly, man, everyone has different tastes and opinions. You should know this.

And by the way, just to make this clear, I have She-Ra, BP She-Ra, Adora, and Swiftwind, so I'm not anti-PoP.
    Last edited by Pancho; January 23, 2013 at 03:36pm.

I say Mantenna... And I hope he is a nice blend between original figure and Filmation with a splash of 200x staction...

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I have nothing against PoP (and I capitalize it as "PoP" 'cause it's "Princess of Power", not "Princess Of Power", but that's neither here nor there), but it's not my cup of tea. And really, why would this be a PoP-exclusive thread? Doesn't that list on the OP have some non-PoP characters too? People are speculating about what could be revealed at NYTF and I'm just stating my opinion that I wish it to be Two-Bad. Nowhere have I said "PoP sucks and anyone who likes PoP sucks too". I said "I can do without PoP". Why? Because that's not my cup of tea. I grew up watching He-Man and playing with Masters of the Universe toys, and that's what I want to buy from MOTUC. How is this "trolling"? Honestly, man, everyone has different tastes and opinions. You should know this.

And by the way, just to make this clear, I have She-Ra, BP She-Ra, Adora, and Swiftwind, so I'm not anti-PoP.
    You're right; I apologize. I've regretfully become particularly trigger-happy around here when I see people popping in to express an exclusive mentality with regards to what should / should not be in the line. Of course everyone is allowed to like what the want, but that's a whole different thing than saying "no more POP in the line", which is how I interpreted both yours and the other poster's point.

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    im mostly a lurker so im not trying to stir up trouble but why cant people express any negativity towards POP. i dont care for it at all and would prefer no further figures be made. im a vintage guy. why cant i express that if i want to. its the same as you expressing to make more POP and less vintage. its the exact same thing so can i call you a troll. just because people dont agree with your figure wants doesnt mean they are attacking you. there just expressing what they want the same as you are doing. if you cant handle that i cant imagine how you can handle everyday life.
    The problem with the negativity towards POP, in my opinion, is that, all too often, it's so incredibly vitriolic in its manifestation. And, for the record, there is a history here of certain people taking POP's fans' love of the brand and casting aspersions on their personal character (e.g., referring to them as being "less than real boys," and the like)--so, with that in mind, sometimes it does come across as a personal attack. Furthermore, there's often no room for middle-ground with many of those who, like you, would probably refer to themselves as "vintage guys," and that's very frustrating when there's a very vocal subset who's acting like what they want is the only thing that matters. There's a world of difference between articulating that you or I would prefer one character before another, versus hoping that another character never appears at all--something that, again, for the record, you're not going to find most POP and NA fans expressing; that's an opinion that, for the most part, is only expressed by "vintage guys." As for the final bit, I'm fortunate in that, in the real world, I don't have to surround myself with people who are selfish and heterosexist in their point of view--and I'm not saying you are per se, but rather that those types exist on this forum--but unfortunately, this is one of the few places that I can come for the occasional interesting discussion on MOTU and POP.
    Last edited by Telkan2; January 23, 2013 at 04:13pm.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    You're right; I apologize. I've regretfully become particularly trigger-happy around here when I see people popping in to express an exclusive mentality with regards to what should / should not be in the line. Of course everyone is allowed to like what the want, but that's a whole different thing than saying "no more POP in the line", which is how I interpreted both yours and the other poster's point.
    I get you. I've been lurking in this forum for a while now and I've seen some very hard-headed people when it comes to their hate for one faction or another. I'm just saying that I'm not one of those. I don't mind PoP existing 'cause we already knew it was an all-inclusive line, but again, it's not something that insterests me. Well, I lie. Madam Razz and Broom would be a must-have for me (actually, for my wife, whom I buy PoP for), same as with Shadow Weaver (whom I'll never, ever own), but if I have to choose between someone like Castaspella or Mermista and Two Bad or Modulok or Mantenna, I'm choosing one of the monsters.