Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Catra and Evil-Lyn barbies!!
    That would be SOOO cool. I have always wondered why Mattel would not make Barbies out of POP characters. They would be brilliant and I would buy them for sure! Throw in a Sorceress, Evil Lyn, and Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Fwoosh Q&A just said there is a surprise at Toyfair in addition to Grayskull and 2-4 figure reveals that no one knows about. What could it be?
    Filmation sub! Although I've been saying that for the past 2 year!
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

I hope they're not talking about the 'special program that enables them to bring out more wanted characters sooner' that got greenlit months ago...

We all know about that by now, be it filmation or pop-sub, 2-packs...

Could news of a new animated series come out of something like a Matty NYTF panel? Or would it definitely be regarding a "product" (action figure, playset, vehicle, weapons/head pack, etc.)?
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

A Filmation Sub just might save Classics for 2014!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Fwoosh Q&A just said there is a surprise at Toyfair in addition to Grayskull and 2-4 figure reveals that no one knows about. What could it be?
    Well, it must be that program Scott was talking about that’s supposed to get more fan-demanded characters out faster. Like everyone else, I’m guessing (and hoping for a) Filmation sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Could news of a new animated series come out of something like a Matty NYTF panel? Or would it definitely be regarding a "product" (action figure, playset, vehicle, weapons/head pack, etc.)?
    I'm pretty certain the surprise is referring to something for the Classics line.

I'm so hoping something way unexpected gets thrown at us! Will be awesome to see what Motu magic they have up their sleeves.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Fwoosh's Q&A mentions the smaller characters...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I'm thinking we'll see Kowl pretty soon then...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

A mini-pack of Odiphus, Cursed Marzo, Kowl, Loo-Kee and Imp for SDCC exclusive!

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    A vintage figure or someone popular like that is exactly who should be a sub exclusive.
    I think a vintage figure should be the sub exclusive in 2014. If it's an all star year with mainly vintage MOTU (Toyguru said he'd try to finish up vintage as much as possible next year) then there is no excuse for vintage fans (who apparently are the ones who keep the line alive) to sub up! I think Two-Bad should definately be the sub exclusive.

POP/Filmation fan had to in 2012. Now time for vintage fans to step up! (and for the record I want Two-Bad myself)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Who the hell is Despara?
    No idea! If she's the sub exclusive I'm definately back to cherry picking next year!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I disagree with a wanted Vintage figure being a sub exclusive, now someone like Scorpia or Eldor....

And if a picker has not subbed by now to get the $25 price, they never will. The sub exclusive will not make a huge difference in sub numbers, even if it was Two-Bad, pickers would pay more from BBTS or Ebay to get him instead of subbing, that's how it works. Sure a few may say, ah screw it, I'll sub, but most long time pickers have already said they'd never sub up. I only did for the $25 price, and so I wouldn't have to sit DOS and fight for anything. But I could have just as easily went to BBTS and PO'd, that's what I did last year. I PO'd from BBTS and cancelled it once I got it DOS, I got Shadow Weaver from a friend for selling another two he had, otherwise, I would have never bought her, as I didn't care for her.
    The cherry pickers are mainly POP and NA fans. For the amount they get IN the sub, it's easier/cheaper to buy the sub figure from a reseller and then buy DOS the 2 figures from the 12 monthly figures they want. Easy! From a business perspective, you need to keep the vintage fans hooked. Ram Man SHOULD have been the sub exclusive in 2013.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'm thinking we'll see Kowl pretty soon then...
    in the weapons pack (or pak)
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I think a vintage figure should be the sub exclusive in 2014. If it's an all star year with mainly vintage MOTU (Toyguru said he'd try to finish up vintage as much as possible next year) then there is no excuse for vintage fans (who apparently are the ones who keep the line alive) to sub up! I think Two-Bad should definately be the sub exclusive.

POP/Filmation fan had to in 2012. Now time for vintage fans to step up! (and for the record I want Two-Bad myself)

- - - Updated - - -

No idea! If she's the sub exclusive I'm definately back to cherry picking next year!

- - - Updated - - -

The cherry pickers are mainly POP and NA fans. For the amount they get IN the sub, it's easier/cheaper to buy the sub figure from a reseller and then buy DOS the 2 figures from the 12 monthly figures they want. Easy! From a business perspective, you need to keep the vintage fans hooked. Ram Man SHOULD have been the sub exclusive in 2013.

- - - Updated - - -

in the weapons pack (or pak)
    i disagree with this point most fans of POP or NA are fans of the entire franchise and have subbed all along. The POP and NA fans are never running around saying don't make this or don't make that as we like it all. We just want a bigger share of the year than 2 or 3 slots between POP, NA, and Filmation.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

taken from my thread here...
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Patterns/page2

..here is my estimations of who/what will be shown at NYTF...

==================================================

Based on guesswork as of the currently leaked/hinted information and teasers, and based on visible patterns in the line to date... and the comment on the new 10 figure list that Toy Guru replied to.

I predict the following reveals now for NYTF...

[Obvious]- Castle Grayskull Prototype - 4H announced it was done and heading to painting

Part of the MOTUC 2013 SUB reveals...

August - Mantenna ="Reason - August prominently features a monstrous humanoid character [reissue or new figure]. Also we still have ALOT of tooling unused in comparison to previous years, so a major tool standard figure fits this slot. Also Mantenna is the only remaining cor horde faction member left unmade at this point and is a mjor fand demanded figure."

September - Ninjor="Ninjor is a super easy figure to make at this point requiring 4 or less new parts. This would also help balance the tooling budget closer to 0 with the addition of Mantennas multiple leg design, as well as scores another skeletor evil warrior slot for 2013 as we always seem to get 7 skeletor evil warriors "reissues or new" per year. "

October - Fluterinna="Reasons - Both September and October have both been host to featuring PoP characters [reissues or not]. Also Flutterina is also a popular fan requested PoP figure."

As for the 2 pack item - EITHER 2 two pack of evil warriors/or/ Filmation Hover Knight Robots.. but ...[if mattel has any brains at all]... not the horde troopers =[/B] Reasons, after the sub scare, I expect the horde troopers to be held back for the 2014 sub to help it sell as it is in major danger now due to rising shipping costs. The Hover Knight Robots are also a fan requested army builder from filmation. But lastly the slots could be used to simply push out 2 more figures to help get the line closer to completion before it ends."

November - Geldor = "Fan vote character/already announced"

December - ICER/or/Strongarm = "Reason - We seem to get a Filmation figure at this time each year, and they are the only 2 left of Skeletors evil warriors faction from filmation who have not been made and are popular and this would also bump the evil warriors to there skeletor evil warriors quota of 7 per year releases "reissue or not" mark with icer or Strongarm."

Outside the Sub Predictions...

The Battle Ram Chariot = "Reasons - regardless what Toy Guru claims we are due another vehicle release in this quarter as this was when a vehicle was released this time last year. Plus of all vehicles the Battle Ram has been THE most requested to be made since its initial reveal as a testbed for what the 4H could show that they could do with MOTUC vehicle."

Weapons Pak = Reasons - we always get a weapons pack each year now, and we are due a reveal of one. - Items included and why...

Rattlor MYP Armor - already tooled
    Strobo Gun - already tooled
    Kowl mini figure - major fan requested figure, and as a pack in he is made an fans are happy, and as a mini figure will cost MUCH less than a vintage scale Kowl.
    Filmation Accessories - as per the 4H request for ideas for the weapons pack

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post

Based on guesswork as of the currently leaked/hinted information and teasers, and based on visible patterns in the line to date... and the comment on the new 10 figure list that Toy Guru replied to.

[Obvious]- Castle Grayskull Prototype - 4H announced it was done and heading to painting

August - Mantenna ="Reason - August prominently features a monstrous humanoid character [reissue or new figure]. Also we still have ALOT of tooling unused in comparison to previous years, so a major tool standard figure fits this slot. Also Mantenna is the only remaining cor horde faction member left unmade at this point and is a mjor fand demanded figure."

September - Ninjor="Ninjor is a super easy figure to make at this point requiring 4 or less new parts. This would also help balance the tooling budget closer to 0 with the addition of Mantennas multiple leg design, as well as scores another skeletor evil warrior slot for 2013 as we always seem to get 7 skeletor evil warriors "reissues or new" per year. "

October - Fluterinna="Reasons - Both September and October have both been host to featuring PoP characters [reissues or not]. Also Flutterina is also a popular fan requested PoP figure."

As for the 2 pack item - EITHER 2 two pack of evil warriors/or/ Filmation Hover Knight Robots.. but ...[if mattel has any brains at all]... not the horde troopers =[/B] Reasons, after the sub scare, I expect the horde troopers to be held back for the 2014 sub to help it sell as it is in major danger now due to rising shipping costs. The Hover Knight Robots are also a fan requested army builder from filmation. But lastly the slots could be used to simply push out 2 more figures to help get the line closer to completion before it ends."

December - ICER/or/Strongarm = "Reason - We seem to get a Filmation figure at this time each year, and they are the only 2 left of Skeletors evil warriors faction from filmation who have not been made and are popular and this would also bump the evil warriors to there skeletor evil warriors quota of 7 per year releases "reissue or not" mark with icer or Strongarm."

The Battle Ram Chariot = "Reasons - regardless what Toy Guru claims we are due another vehicle release in this quarter as this was when a vehicle was released this time last year. Plus of all vehicles the Battle Ram has been THE most requested to be made since its initial reveal as a testbed for what the 4H could show that they could do with MOTUC vehicle."

Weapons Pak = Reasons - we always get a weapons pack each year now, and we are due a reveal of one. - Items included and why...

Kowl mini figure - major fan requested figure, and as a pack in he is made an fans are happy, and as a mini figure will cost MUCH less than a vintage scale Kowl.
    I don't think I could complain if even some of this happens.

Yeah, great ideas there. I'd be really happy with that selection!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Do you think that they'll be doing somehting special for MOTUC's 5th anniversary? 'Cause, correct me if I'm wrong, but, isn't Nov. or Dec. MOTUC's 5 year mark?
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    i disagree with this point most fans of POP or NA are fans of the entire franchise and have subbed all along. The POP and NA fans are never running around saying don't make this or don't make that as we like it all. We just want a bigger share of the year than 2 or 3 slots between POP, NA, and Filmation.
    and when that happens (more than 2-3 POP slots) then making such as Scorpia the sub figure will make sense. Until then it should be a figure from the most popula era which seems to be the vintage line.

Just to add I'm a POP/Filmation fan and I DO NOT LIKE IT ALL.
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    Do you think that they'll be doing somehting special for MOTUC's 5th anniversary? 'Cause, correct me if I'm wrong, but, isn't Nov. or Dec. MOTUC's 5 year mark?
    Releasing a 7" scale Castle Grayskull isn't enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post

This is well thought out. However, Scott specifically said that the new program (out of sub item(s)) would get more fan demanded characters (he used this term) out faster. None of your suggestions fit in with that, apart from Kowl being with the weapons pack.

2 hover robots for $50 - no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post

Two-Bad should be (and will most likely be) a normal release. If a vintage figure had to be an exclusive I would say the appropriate choice would be any one of the following:

a) a Rokkon & Stondar 2-Pack
    b) a Rotar & Twistoid 2-pack
    c) Multi-Bot

But I still think it will be a popular Filmation release or Eldor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    2 hover robots for $50 - no thank you.
    agreed, more like 4 for 50$

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    agreed, more like 4 for 50$
    Well for me it would really depend how detailed they were and how many/what accessories came with them (invisible stands, battle damage pieces, etc). I have always dreamed of the Hover Robots actually becoming figures! If they were smaller in size a 4-pack would be really cool seeing as there would be no interchangeable heads.

This would be the perfect release to include the magic portal with. I always remember those robots pouring out of those portals!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Releasing a 7" scale Castle Grayskull isn't enough?
    Nope.
    Does Galactus fart?

One week to go!!!!!!!!!
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz