Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Don't you know Count that Dekker was "fan-demanded"? I don't give a crap if it was only 5 people who had him at the top of their list, he was "fan-demanded"

Now that the line is starting to slow down and we don't know how many spots might be left, I think this second guessing about character selection is going to continue. I'm sure POP fans will not be happy if the line ends and they got the Star Sisters and Netossa but not Angella or Glimmer. I don't think that's going to happen, but there will be some that don't make the cut.
    There will be also vintage characters left, but I personally can live without Rokkon, Gwildor or those other D-Listers... My collection would be complete without them with having the heavy hitters...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frightmare View Post
    Thank you Berserker79....right on the money!
    YAY

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    And the only reason that thread started was because "Dekker™" was mentioned in Man-At-Arms bio. That ™ after his name is the reason anyone even considered him being a potential figure.
    People have wanted Dekker since 200X, just like they wanted Chief Carnivus and Lord Dactys. The bio mention made Dekker an even bigger possibility in Classics since Mattel went to the trouble of trademarking the name.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    God dammit, I was trying to avoid Era Wars since I've been over them for a while now but you guys are sucking me back in...

LOL, I read this thread! Stop lying! You'd much rather have any/all PoP before Dekker!

Yeah, you're right...I'm caught in my own intricate web of lies... Viva la POP!!! Big ol' pink, flowery Perfumas for all, and screw all that vintage MOTU and 200X crap!!!!!

[NB: Please read the above with the comical tone that is intended--lest anyone use my words against me, the above in no way reflect my actual feelings, which are embracive of the entire property!]
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Snappy Threader
    I can see both sides of the Horde deal. I watched a lot of POP when I was wee (haha that rhymes). So I can see the POP connection there. But, me being mostly MOTU (toyline wise) when I was younger (except for She-Ra, Bow and Kowl) I also can appreciate the opinions of friends like you Frightmare. I feel as though you and I are on the same page with this one. I really, really like POP, alot....but just because of the cartoon I watched each and every day. I think that is why I don't care mush for Netossa at all. I started collecting MOTU in 1982 when they first came out, as a lot of us did, and then got my kids into the 200x version. I think it just boils down to the fact that for whatever reason POP has been neglected a lot (especially in 200x), and with the story somewhat re-written (in a way) in 200x and even in the bios to a certain degree, a lot ofthe POP we grew up with was changed to base more around the events of Eternia in a much different light than the Filmation toons.

Just to be clear, I love all incarnations of MOTU. Every faction, every story....to me, MOTU without POP wouldn't be the same, but MOTU is where my heart lies the most, just because my collection was centered around it for so many years. I look forward mainly to the characters I remember from the cartoon....I loved getting Catra, Shadow Weaver, Bow and Frosta..I look forward to Octavia...and I hope soon to see Glimmer, Mermista, Sweet Bee, Queen Angella, Scorpia, Kowl, Madame Razz, Broom, Entrapta and Loo-Kee. However I'm not excited about Flutterina, Perfuma, Netossa, Peekablue and Double Trouble......but just because I don't have a connection to them. I still think they should for sure be included, they have a lot of fans and rightfully so. Same with NA. I want Lizorr, Hydron, VIzar and Nocturna. I'm not as excited about the rest, but hey, they need to be included. As far as that goes, I've never been a fan of Two Bad, and it doesn't excite me that much that we are getting him. I think the bottom line is everyone has their favorites that they are passionate about, and thats what makes MOTUC so great. In my opinion.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Count Marzo needs to watch some G4TV. Today is the last Attack of the Show.

I still get a laugh whenever I remember back when he famously purged that station from his cable box because they didn't air the Queen Marlena SDCC exclusive reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post

Seriously, Tung Lashor, Mantenna, Horde Trooper and Modulok belong to MOTU for me, not to POP. I saw the commercials back in the 80's and read the comics, mini comics and magazines with advertisements for the Evil Horde toys. There is no connection to She-Ra for me...
    I completely agree with you. I personally do not collect pop, I don't have She ra but I have Catra and I would love to have Scorpia. May be it is because back then when I was a child I always liked the monster-like character over the human-like, and for me all GR figures are simply different women with different dresses. As for Dekker I would prefer a lot of other different MYP characters over him. I respect pop collectors and mostly for sure this year we will see another pop figure but I would really like to see Horde troopers or two bad soon

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Count Marzo needs to watch some G4TV. Today is the last Attack of the Show.

I still get a laugh whenever I remember back when he famously purged that station from his cable box because they didn't air the Queen Marlena SDCC exclusive reveal.
    **** that channel. Glad they're done. Most unfunny yet think they are funny channel in all of television. More fake laugh tracks than that terrible, overrated Big Bang Theory show that everyone loves for some reason.

Only thing that channel was good for was reruns of COPS that I already have memorized.

That was just the final straw there not showing the MOTU stuff that Toyguru said they filmed.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Hey Guys! Guess what? Remember the original topic? (although I hate that G4 channel too)

TG said we will see one of the following at NYTF !

1). Mantenna
    2). Two-Bad
    3). Scorpia
    4). Horde Trooper
    5). Tung Lashor
    6). Glimmer
    7). Modulok
    8). Madame Razz/Broom
    9). Mermista
    10). Castaspella
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Guys, lets turn it down a few notches in here and be more respectful towards each other. thanks.

lol, sorry about that thread hijacking. It's all in fun though. Everyone's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Hey Guys! Guess what? Remember the original topic? (although I hate that G4 channel too)

TG said we will see one of the following at NYTF !

1). Mantenna
    2). Two-Bad
    3). Scorpia
    4). Horde Trooper
    5). Tung Lashor
    6). Glimmer
    7). Modulok
    8). Madame Razz/Broom
    9). Mermista
    10). Castaspella
    Hope it's Two-Bad, (he's who I'm rollin with in the Vintage Idol threads now) but I'll take ANY of those names there! ESPECIALLY MOAR Horde and PoP!!

Man, there's a lot I still want...
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I'm hoping for the Troopers or Two Bad. REEALLLLY hoping for Troopers!

With the amount of slots left in 2013 and 2014 so far away, I'm hoping we see a significant portion of this list. The nail biter is, while wanting the whole list, I also want them to have sub lures to make sure 2014 happens.
    As for the lists connection to POP, there's plenty of overlap, and that's GOOD! We should be agreeing more than disagreeing. I haven't seen anyone imply that POP as a brand is the life's blood of MOTUC. What I have seen is POP being completely bombarded by the same 5 people over and over, and POP fans giving proof of fan demand for characters. Inclusion of the POP (and other factions) characters drew more fans into the line, this is a GOOD thing. What's bad is that the POP fans got D-listers instead of A-listers. No one is saying that Bow is more popular than He-man, that's absurd, but people are pointing out that the fan demanded POP characters can hold their own in sales. I don't see any POP fans saying to NOT make vintage figures, and only POP, but I do see some vintage fans saying to stop with POP and make only vintage. I'm sorry, but that's selfish. We are all supporting the line and at this point, every sub counts.
    Furthermore, just because a character was a vintage figure, that doesn't mean they walk on water. I lost interest in the original line when we got slammed with characters like Rio Blast, Ninjor, etc. I'm not campaigning against them, I actually think the 4H will do great things with them, but they are totally D-list and the bottom line is, Glimmer, Angella, Kowl, Castaspella, are just flat out more important to the mythos. They're more popular. Yet you don't see people saying to not make them at all. Please support my wants as I'm supporting yours by buying them. We're all in this together.

**** that channel. Glad they're done. Most unfunny yet think they are funny channel in all of television. More fake laugh tracks than that terrible, overrated Big Bang Theory show that everyone loves for some reason.

Only thing that channel was good for was reruns of COPS that I already have memorized.

That was just the final straw there not showing the MOTU stuff that Toyguru said they filmed.
    They are going to become the "G.Q." of TV stations.
    http://forums.g4tv.com/showthread.ph...coming-in-2013
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Oh, I def understand. I guess I just see their side of the coin, it's like POP is under constant attack. Frankly, I don't get it. Bow was on sale during a peak year for MOTUC, and Man E Faces sales was probably a foreshadowing of the lines decline. I don't have access to sales figures so I can't comment on that, but given that they both sold out speaks for both of them. Where POP is concerned, I could at least see the argument if they didn't sell, but they still sell just fine, they hold their own if not succeed. I think the Star Sisters are an exception, I can understand where they don't appeal to everyone, they had to grow on me, but I'm glad I got them. But characters like Cat-ra and Angella are just plain cool.

I think that the fault mostly lies with Mattel on this one. Look at it this way... Allotting 2 releases per year for POP, they knew the line could only go on for so many years, there's no way they'd get to that many. So why release the Star Sisters and Netossa first? If POP fans had Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, Castaspella, and Kowl in hand instead, I bet the POP fans would be a lot less riled and the vintage fans would have been much more accepting of those specific characters.

At the end of the day, POP fans are fighting to squeeze a lot of wants into a very short time frame. I can understand why we/they are passionate. What should be happening is that the fans of each faction should be coming together to make sure we keep all of those customers, release vintage! Release NA! Release POP! Release the movie figures! If any of these get ignored, we lose that fraction of sales/customers. By Mattel delivering Glimmer, etc, that helps to keep the line alive, ensuring more vintage releases too. Sure, POP can't keep the line alive alone, but at this point, neither can vintage. We need everyone on board, and we all need to stop the in fighting and try to get each other the main wants that will draw everyone in, NOT exclude people over stupid semantics of what people personally want and want now.

Seriously though, where would you rank Dekker in the grand scheme of things? He's like #200 and something for me. How many people were "clamoring" for Dekker? Did he even have an official "Support thread" on here?
    He's not in the top 20 for me either but I am happy we got him - I did want a Dekker figure as I thought he was cool in the 200x series. I also want Lord Dactys and the Kulatak leader.

I am glad we did get Dekker and others like him sooner rather than later mainly because I think it is very likely we will get all the vintage figures MOTU and major POP now - BUT if everything was reversed it may not have been as likely that we got all these cool figures after the others we released.

Also now we have a huge collection of figures so the likeliness of the line continuing is some fashion is greater. For me, after getting all these figures there is no way in hell that I am missing a figure at this point in the game. My collection is huge and I love them all (flaws and all)! Truly epic line.

Jzachery, I can respect that.
    WE GOT ICER SO NO RIOT SIR (Laser Lot)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think the Horde characters have always been so demanded because they were in MOTU and PoP media. MOTU fans in the 80's wanted the Horde figures as did many PoP fans, so the Great Rebellion members had someone to fight besides Catra and Entrapta. I mean, Catra and Entrapta were just a tad outnumbered there.

I'm curious which Tung Lashor is the most popular though, the 80's toy Snakeman look or the Filmation Horde version?

I personally hope for 80's Toy Tung Lashor with the first MOTUC Hordak's armour recoloured blue. That way, we basically get both!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 24, 2013 at 10:53pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I personally hope for 80's Toy Tung Lashor with the first MOTUC Hordak's armour recoloured blue.
    Now that's a good idea!
    WE GOT ICER SO NO RIOT SIR (Laser Lot)

I'm curious which Tung Lashor is the most popular though, the 80's toy Snakeman look or the Filmation Horde version?

http://frankshemanpage.net/tungfig.jpg

http://frankshemanpage.net/welcome01.JPG

I personally hope for 80's Toy Tung Lashor with the first MOTUC Hordak's armour recoloured blue.
    Leave it to Filmation to turn Tung Lashor's forearms backward

Lol, I seriously want a Filmation Tung Lashor in addition to the vintage Tung Lashor (even if seperate characters). I didn't like 200x version at all.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I think both Tongue Lashors are cool. But they're so different I don't see where they could even merge them. I think the vintage toy look is cooler looking and would fit with the current line more. But the Filmation look is striking. I love the idea about the armor!

You got me wanting both Tung Lashors.

I'm Blinded by LOTS of Nostalgia for vintage toy Tung Lashor. Amazing bright colors. You always seen him chillin in the toy box right away!

The Filmation one would be awesome too though. Boost the Horde ranks. Much better Filmation look than Clawful's imo. I'm also digging his colors scheme too. Anything with a Horde symbol on it = sold!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I'm Blinded by LOTS of Nostalgia for vintage toy Tung Lashor. Amazing bright colors. You always seen him chillin in the toy box right away!
    I really like his vintage toy colours too. They're bright, striking and very different that anything else.

The Filmation one would be awesome too though. Boost the Horde ranks. Much better Filmation look than Clawful's imo. I'm also digging his colors scheme too. Anything with a Horde symbol on it = sold!
    Filmation Tung Lashor looks like Sk-Klone and Rattlor combined to me.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I really like his vintage toy colours too. They're bright, striking and very different that anything else.

Filmation Tung Lashor looks like Sk-Klone and Rattlor combined to me.

http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_syklone_4.jpg

http://www.mwctoys.com/images2/review_rattlor_4.jpg
    I think he looks like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    That's an awesome custom!

I think the Horde characters have always been so demanded because they were in MOTU and PoP media. MOTU fans in the 80's wanted the Horde figures as did many PoP fans, so the Great Rebellion members had someone to fight besides Catra and Entrapta.
    Yep. I knew several girls who owned Horde figures for this very reason.

One of the best things about POP, IMO, is that it allowed boys and girls to "play" together. That wasn't something that you saw a lot of in the 80's. Once POP came out, I actually "played" more with my friend's sisters than him.