Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Leave it to Filmation to turn Tung Lashor's forearms backward
    This was a design choice to make him "pop".

I guess I dont really get all the "era wars". I am a toy collector first and foremost. I collect toys of the properties I like and well some I dont, just because I like the toys. MOTUC is the perfect fit though. Because I love the toys and I love MOTU/POP/200x. I dont really like NA the toon, but I love the MOTUC toys that we've gotten so far and have started getting the vintage figures too. So I say bring them all on and keep 'em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I guess I dont really get all the "era wars". I am a toy collector first and foremost. I collect toys of the properties I like and well some I dont, just because I like the toys. MOTUC is the perfect fit though. Because I love the toys and I love MOTU/POP/200x. I dont really like NA the toon, but I love the MOTUC toys that we've gotten so far and have started getting the vintage figures too. So I say bring them all on and keep 'em coming.
    I so agree. The Wars wouldn't be so bad if certain groups wouldn't be trying to get certain parts just completely thrown out of the line.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I so agree. The Wars wouldn't be so bad if certain groups wouldn't be trying to get certain parts just completely thrown out of the line.
    It's stupid, if you have a sub, sell the figures, if you don't you don't have to buy them in the first place. As a picker I passed on the figures I didn't want, sometimes leaving me a whole month with no new figures. As a Subscriber now, I plan to sell the figures off, but I don't see the need to ***** about them, for every person who doesn't like the damn figures, there is someone who does. I'll post opinion about a certain figure, but I won't say the faction doesn't belong, I own something from everything but NA, and it's not likely I will, I hate the story, but I will not say the figures don't belong in MOTUC just because I have no use for them.

I don't like the 200X figures much, but I do like some options it brings, like I prefer Stinkor's 200X parts to his Vintage look. But I don't want 200X specific characters except maybe Grayskull, but that's only because his character is kind of a no brainer. But as far as NA, I don't want them at all, none have popped to me as far as wanting to buy, but the do look cool. While I do not like or want 200X or NA specifically, even if I hated them entirely, it's not my place to be selfish and wish that the collectors of an entire faction, or series didn't get their figures. Collect what you want, but if you don't like an era in MOTUC, no one really cares but you, there are plenty that do. and just because it may be a POP or NA character....it doesn't mean that figure can't look awesome, it is MOTUC after all, it's not like the 4H are sculpting dolls like the Vintage POP, and saying here, this is what you get, no, we are getting very cool MOTUC representations of POP, that look every bit as good as anything else in the line.

It's a pretty selfish outlook on things when you think you're the sole collector of a line and you should have it your way over 50 other people who like something you don't. Get over it already, and deal with the fact that POP, NA, 200X and Filmation are part of MOTUC, and despite all the *****ing....it's not going anywhere.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    You've actually answered your own question by saying you don't really like the NA toon. There are enough distinctions to easily explain why people have preferences.

Let's use another example. If I were interested in train sets, would I be wrong to say that I only want to collect models of steam trains, or would you say diesels and electrics are trains too, so I should include them in my collection anyway?

As it happens, most of us with specific preferences in the Classics world have ended up being purchasers of all the figures from the different factions anyway and are supportive of everything being represented in the line. I think a lot of this in-fighting is imagined rather than an issue of any real substance.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

MOTUC would still be going strongly if they never made She Ra, Adora, Bow, Netosser, Frosta, the Star Sisters and the flying horse. Doubt it would be true in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    MOTUC would still be going strongly if they never made She Ra, Adora, Bow, Netosser, Frosta, the Star Sisters and the flying horse. Doubt it would be true in reverse.
    I like pop, and am glad it's included in the line, but this is 100% true...amen brother!
    Make Filmation Clawful. Come on, he's like a totally different character!

This is your opinion, not fact. I wouldn't be involved in the line if it weren't for the outer factions. Just vintage isn't enough of a draw for me. I remember when I was a kid, I was getting the line and towards the end they kept releasing things like Ninjor and I was scratching my head at where the cartoon characters were. I'm indifferent to the vintage POP toys, but I wanted those characters in my collection when I was a kid, and I was disappointed when NA was released in an entirely different style and scale. Getting them all in one solid line with one style and scale is a dream come true. The line would not still be going strong if you didn't have the outer factions (I will agree on too many concepts and the 30th stuff), the line would be over. I'm not saying that some people didn't sub up over it, but you did gain customers because of them too, and probably more than what "left". The economy, shipping, concept, this is the stuff to blame. This debate alone is proof enough of the market for the outer factions, the polls also support it.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Careful...that kind of talk isn't readily tolerated!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    I agree...

MOTUC would be a very boring line if they never made PoP figures, NA figures, 200X figures and concept figures, vintage-MotU-only fans keep complaining about.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    If they announce Two Bad, I'll pretty much dump in my pants.

If they released a Tung Lashor, I would rather it was the Vintage version. Filmation was a rare occasion and doesn't look as nice. It's fun to see an alternate version of him, but a devoted figure would be a wasted spot for me. I do indeed love the idea about the removable Horde armor! He's not wearing anything in his original sculpt unless that snake mark isn't branded to him. Great idea.

When looking at what original figures were released for PoP, and those originally released for MotU, there are still a good number on both sides. No matter which side you put the Horde. Ranking a figure is all point of view. Watching the show vs. playing with the toys makes a big difference, but in the show, many secondary characters were rarely seen. Kowl, however, was in almost every episode and one of my favorites, but he's not doing so well on these polls.

I also see the Horde figures as MotU figures. It said so on the card, so... I guess that's were I instinctively put them. Plus they have a completely different look than the other PoP stuff. But if Mattel came out and said they belong to PoP, that wouldn't make a difference. Same stuff. I'm guilty of having a distaste for NA. Not sure why, it's just out of place. I do like Optikk, and Slushhead is okay. He could have been better. For the 200X original characters, hmm, they are only okay. Marzo and The Faceless One are clunky. Too much plastic gone wrong, especially TFO. Chief Carnivus and Dekker actually do sit on the bottom shelf right not, but primarily as place holders. I always enjoy when the introduce non-white humans into the ranks (the ONLY thing I like about Netossa), so Dekker has that going, and CC has some very nice details, but their lasting appeal has greatly diminished from when I first got them. And Dekker's not that old, so already being boring stinks.

At this point, I have so many figures that the collection becomes more of a whole. I still have my favs, but while most of the figures look amazing next to my utmost favorite characters, the 200X and NA stuff is not holding up.

For PoP. I think Catra and Adora are wonderful additions. I obviously couldn't see the collection complete without She-Ra, and she looks stunning on Swift Wind. And hopefully we'll get Scorpia one day, to add with Octavia. I also think Double Trouble has promise. Out of all the regular GR figures, Angela interests me the most. I don't want her competing with the Sorceress, but at least the wings give her a defining characteristic, instead of a different color skirt and matching wand.

Speaking of plussing-up (I know, sorry) the PoP figures, I see Netossa as a failed opportunity. Almost like how the gave Mossman a pouch and made his weapon more natural, they really should have done something with her. Same shape shield but more natural in material. The spear would have gone over like gang busters as everybody has noted. The headdress could have been far less generic, and while I don't agree with stereotypes, making her more amazonish would have been a delight to me. From the skirt to the cape/net, to even other detail, especially her headgear. There are things that could have worked, but we see none of this. Shame. Now she's just boring, and I don't care to customize my figures.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

To be fair guys, Scott was the one who insisted on making this a grab bag catch all MOTU-related properties line. We've got alot of POP fans who have plunged money and support over the years and now with the writing on the wall, I can understand the frustration.

Of course I think vintage MOTU stuff is the backbone of MOTUC but Scott said he was going to focus on core characters and I believe POP and NA have more of them to burn through.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    This is your opinion, not fact. I wouldn't be involved in the line if it weren't for the outer factions. Just vintage isn't enough of a draw for me. I remember when I was a kid, I was getting the line and towards the end they kept releasing things like Ninjor and I was scratching my head at where the cartoon characters were. I'm indifferent to the vintage POP toys, but I wanted those characters in my collection when I was a kid, and I was disappointed when NA was released in an entirely different style and scale. Getting them all in one solid line with one style and scale is a dream come true. The line would not still be going strong if you didn't have the outer factions (I will agree on too many concepts and the 30th stuff), the line would be over. I'm not saying that some people didn't sub up over it, but you did gain customers because of them too, and probably more than what "left". The economy, shipping, concept, this is the stuff to blame. This debate alone is proof enough of the market for the outer factions, the polls also support it.
    I totally agree with everything jzachery said. I think vintage-Motu-only fans vastly underestimate the benefit of having PoP in the line. For better or worse in terms of character selection, I don't believe the line would "still be going strong" without PoP's inclusion. Honestly, I don't know that I would say the line is going strong now, and it would be even worse if PoP weren't in the mix.

Like jzachery, I grew up on Motu and that line of toys, yet I always wished there were actual action figures for PoP too. This line is a unique opportunity to have that one cohesive line that many of us wanted since we were kids. THAT is what sold me on this line. The figures themselves are fantastic, but I would have passed on them entirely just like I did 2002 without the promise of PoP.

I would be happy to see anyone on that list except Castaspella. Not that I don't want her, she just doesn't excite me.

I'm ultra hyped to see Two Bad at this point as I feel the Evil Warriors are by far the best faction in this line in terms of updates and sculpts (seriously, other than Stinkor's arms most of the Evil Warriors have been flawless) and he's the last remaining big gun for them.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I totally agree with everything jzachery said. I think vintage-Motu-only fans vastly underestimate the benefit of having PoP in the line. For better or worse in terms of character selection, I don't believe the line would "still be going strong" without PoP's inclusion. Honestly, I don't know that I would say the line is going strong now, and it would be even worse if PoP weren't in the mix.

Like jzachery, I grew up on Motu and that line of toys, yet I always wished there were actual action figures for PoP too. This line is a unique opportunity to have that one cohesive line that many of us wanted since we were kids. THAT is what sold me on this line. The figures themselves are fantastic, but I would have passed on them entirely just like I did 2002 without the promise of PoP.
    I also agree with this. I hope that we will also continue to have 200X figures interspersed. (I really would like to have a Calix and a Lord Dactys.) The prospect of new characters, Filmation figures (a biggie for me), and MOTU-vintage + POP releases really makes an awesome line. I enjoy watching the various figure reviews and mentally piecing together which components from specific figures could possibly make up "this character" or "that character."

I also really like the cohesive packaging.
    Say cheese!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Im not a big pop or NA fan, but I'll take MOTUC version She-ra, Netossa, Bow & Frosta anyday over BA He-mam, Vintage style Randor, BA Skeletor, Snout Spout, Roboto and patch work moss-man. As for NA, I'll take Optik, Flipshot and Slushhead over the above mentioned as well.

im spilt on 200x, i like count marzo, King grayskull, dekker and zodak, but Keldor, The faceless one and Chief Carnivous arent doing anything for me.

overall I"m lad were getting figures from every source.

That's just the point, we may all know it is true, so it doesnt need to be said. Yet, people like to say it often. That is what causes the unnecessary debates.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Perhaps, perhaps not. There's no actual data to support your opinion. But even if there was, let me ask you this: why does this opinion need to be continually hounded on? Fortunately for its fans, POP is part of MOTUC, and it's not going anywhere after all this time...so, why is it necessary for folks like you to continually belabor this point, knowing that it upsets fellow collectors, if not purely for the sake of being divisive? I am asking that honestly, because I just don't understand the mentality--from this end of the computer screen, it just comes across as a combination of childishness and selfishness, in my opinion.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

After 68 figures Vintage MOTU figures, MOTUC would have died long ago if what you say is true, and assuming they released every Vintage only figure on the same release schedule, we're at 100+ figures now....68 figures released was a while back, MOTUC would now be dead for everyone. So, how do you figure MOTUC would still be going strong....

Without POP included, it would have been stupid to include NA & 200X, and certainly without their inclusions there would be no long lived story to include all the concept characters we have gotten, so they'd be out too.

The reverse might not be true, but the only reason were here to ***** about the line right now in 2013 is because they opted to include all the factions.

For the first time, I'm actually glad Scott is in charge of the line....

I think I was just made to like Scott just a little more.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

My quitting the line had nothing to do with POP. If everything else were the same except no POP, I would have still quit the line. In fact, even though I didn't watch She-ra growing up and had no connection to POP before MOTUC, I was always excited to see them show up. Even with Mattel botching her up so badly, passing on Frosta was very hard for me.

Character selection is a factor in why the line has faltered, but it's just one of many serious concerns collectors have. To narrow it down like that is a gross oversimplification, especially given that many don't want NA, beasts, FFM, variants, etc... If Mattel offered to buy back all POP figures, you wouldn't see sub numbers go anywhere near where they were a couple of years ago.

This statement is wayyyy off base. The Pop characters you listed had some of the fastest sell out times ever Even though the Star Sisters didn't do so great, to say if She-Ra etc..., had never been made this line would be stronger,when in reality this line would be WEAKER without GOOD Pop characters (Adora, Bow) released. I got attacked for being a Pop hater myself too when I said that I was underwhelmed with Netossa, but I really do want more Pop in this line that actually have accessories and arent obscure characters (like Netossa).

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I don't know about that. I love ALL of MOTU (MOTU, PoP, NA, 200X, etc), but I wouldn't have bought any of the figures if this was just another He-Man line. We would have been buying the same characters a third time over (80's, 200X and now MOTUC), which to me, is very boring. What excites me the most about MOTUC is that it's all-encompassing. For the first time ever, ALL of the MOTU universe is combined in one toy line. I honestly do not think the line would be as successful if it was just another He-Man line. Mattel would have lost the purchases of the NA, 200X and PoP fans, which all add up.

I love seeing never before made characters in the toy line (Dekker, Vykor, etc.), figures people have wanted for YEARS (Shadow Weaver, Procrustus,etc.). I fully believe all-encompassing was the best way to go with this toy line, and is why it has been so talked about and been one of the top toy lines for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    This statement is wayyyy off base. The Pop characters you listed had some of the fastest sell out times ever Even though the Star Sisters didn't do so great, to say if She-Ra etc..., had never been made this line would be stronger,when in reality this line would be WEAKER without GOOD Pop characters (Adora, Bow) released.
    Agreed. When Adora was shown off at SDCC, she wowed nearly everyone and was one of the subscription lure figures. She helped sell subs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Yep. I knew several girls who owned Horde figures for this very reason.

One of the best things about POP, IMO, is that it allowed boys and girls to "play" together. That wasn't something that you saw a lot of in the 80's. Once POP came out, I actually "played" more with my friend's sisters than him.
    That's awesome! Your poor friend though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Adora was originally what got me into MOTUC. When they were first announced I honestly did not care much because I had 200X versions. So first it was Adora, then Catra, which I displayed with my Horde Stactions. Eventually this led to replacing my 200X line with MOTUC. But I don't know if it would have happened without Adora getting my attention.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I don't know about that. I love ALL of MOTU (MOTU, PoP, NA, 200X, etc), but I wouldn't have bought any of the figures if this was just another He-Man line. We would have been buying the same characters a third time over (80's, 200X and now MOTUC), which to me, is very boring. What excites me the most about MOTUC is that it's all-encompassing. For the first time ever, ALL of the MOTU universe is combined in one toy line. I honestly do not think the line would be as successful if it was just another He-Man line. Mattel would have lost the purchases of the NA, 200X and PoP fans, which all add up.
    I just got done saying this in the other thread....

I never had POP, I never watched POP as a kid, and I for one am glad I finally get a chance to own something I never would have otherwise owned, because I do not collect dolls, and POP being made into MOTUC figures, gives me the chance to own something besides He-Man MOTU figures, and makes the line more vast and interesting.
    But no one who says those things stops to think that the Vintage line only had 68 figures. MOTUC would have died a while ago if it was a Vintage only rehash. I for one would have bought my handful of figures and walked away, because I for one never owned every Vintage figure, nor did I ever care to, and still don't. MOTUC as it is, I have way more figures than I ever owned from the Vintage line alone. I have 54 figures, otherwise it would likely only have been 26 total, then done with the line.

The only reason I am still here collecting is I like a little of everything, and I like something I never would have had otherwise, like POP.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor