Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I'd rather have a Hover Bots pack revealed than a Rock People 2 pack... And they should make a Rock People 3 pack instead in 2014.
    This. If they release a 2-pack of just Rokkon+Stonedar, then the chances of ever getting to Granita will likely fizzle out into nothingness. This is one instance where a (convention exclusive or the like) 3-pack really seems the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Probably two bad will be the 100% new tool.
    Two-Bad a 100% new tool? With almost total certainty, they would reuse the limbs and pelvis from some other figures. It's only their heads and a wider two-necked torso that need new sculpts.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    If we either get Extendar or Dragstor this year I'll be one happy camper.
    DRAGSTOR HELLYEAH!!!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Hmm...

Mantenna...

Nepthu and Icer?

The Battle Ram?

I've got a guess on the last two...but may hold them till nearer the show
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    This. If they release a 2-pack of just Rokkon+Stonedar, then the chances of ever getting to Granita will likely fizzle out into nothingness. This is one instance where a (convention exclusive or the like) 3-pack really seems the way to go.
    true true. a 3 pack is needed if we have the hopes of getting Granita
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Hmm...

Mantenna...

Nepthu and Icer?

The Battle Ram?

I've got a guess on the last two...but may hold them till nearer the show
    The Battle Ram would make sense, since they already have the prototype...

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Ok cuz we are close I can let out a few hints. We will def. see a girl. There is a 2 pak coming that's not horde troopers. and some other BIG items might be revealed now, if not they will def be at SDCC. Those are good hints, but I can't say anymore... except that there is some AMAZING stuff coming that NO ONE will expect!!!
    If this is to be taken seriously, there's a lot of speculation on who the girl is. One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is that Madame Razz is - in fact - a girl. Perhaps the girl and the 2-pack are the same. I don't believe that's the answer, just acknowledging a possibility that's been overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It's a game, dude.

I gave a bunch of hints in the other thread... and then they reappear elsewhere. Plus, I know what's up... I'm sure RyDell doesn't mind

Think about your post... you're bothered by me chiming in? Why? I chime in all the time.. and I have been throwing out hints for weeks. Why is this a one-person only game?
    Yea I don't care. This is the first time I know something... so I thought I'd help build the excitement.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I want one of the top 3. Then if its not Scorpia then we need another FilmAtion character. Maybe batros since he was just trademarked

Also what about an imp kowl and lookee three pack.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Yea I don't care. This is the first time I know something... so I thought I'd help build the excitement.
    I'm glad I know a little of who's coming for once, I was getting withdrawals.

But it still won't take away from seeing the reveals for the first time. That is the magic hour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fisto power View Post
    I want one of the top 3. Then if its not Scorpia then we need another FilmAtion character. Maybe batros since he was just trademarked

Also what about an imp kowl and lookee three pack.
    So long as that 3 pack doesn't cost $75 - $81 for smaller figures and be more like $30 - $35, I'd be OK with that.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I want a roton.

Snappy Threader
    The curiosity is getting to me. I mean, Mantenna, Dragstor, Rokkon, Stonedar, Horde Troopers, Battle Ram, Castaspella, Madame Razz, Broom, Kowl, Imp, Loo-Kee, Two Bad, Tung Lashor...... I can't wait....

You and me both, though i'm hoping for Extendar more then Dragstor only because Dragstor seems easier to create if necessary

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisto69 View Post
    You and me both, though i'm hoping for Extendar more then Dragstor only because Dragstor seems easier to create if necessary
    I am curious about Extendar. Do you think they will go the route of shared Sir Laser-Lot and Mekaneck parts? Or will it be more originally tooled? When and if they get to him of course.

I enjoy all of the hints and speculation. It makes the wait for Toy Fair more interesting.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    If the two pack was rock people, it could still be army builder by making a female and male rock person. One who just so happens to look like Granita. They could make the female a little tougher (big boned, whatever) so she can share some parts, like arms and legs. A few pieces for making alternate characters. Then they would just release Stonedar and Rokkon separately. That way they can capitalize on the sculpts.

I'd be fine with robots with a bunch of gadgets and stands, or a Filmation 2-pack. Heck, I don't know how they could mess the two pack up really.

I really really really hope they do a good job with the girl this time. Every time we see one, I think people get overly excited and say it's perfect. Not everybody, but GR fans are in a situation were they have to take what they can get, and that could cause quality issues. Like, only getting a shield. I can't believe somebody didn't get stabbed for that.

I wonder if they don't get out Troopers this year, would they settle for Octavia being the only Horde member released? If not, then my bet is on Mantenna. But it seems he would come later in the year, and not make this announcement.

Also, because I don't know better an there are uber-awesome fans on here, how many figures are we actually expecting them to announce? And what monthly slot does that take us up to? And do they only announce stuff that's well into production, or like, the final model is ready for show. Or do they drop names from time to time. Oh wait, they will show accessories, right!? That would be enough for me. I actually like that kind of tease.

---- faction(ish) talk alert, skip on by if need be ----

About it being selfish to not want to pay for figures you don't want, that's just not particularly thought out. You don't go to the store looking for a dozen eggs, and settle for only six of them not being cracked open. These aren't eggs, but you hopefully get the point. My new father instincts are kicking in and I'm using food analogies. Pretty lame, I know. Here's another that might be more accurate. I'm baking a sweet potato soufflé. That's what my family wants because that's out tradition; it's our goal. I don't feel selfish for not buying a huge bag of mixed nuts just to take out the pecans and toss the rest aside, but if the store only carries mixed nuts, then I complain to the manager. Yes, complain. Not in a rude fashion, but one that hopefully remedies the situation. Nothing gets fixed if you just sit on your hands and take what your given. In MotUC, we would go broke before anybody reached any kind of goal. That's for people with goals though. I collect will goals. Some people just buy the toys. That's fine. Sitting back in front of the TV and eating mixed nuts is nice, too. It's just not for everybody. So don't speak for everybody.

It's already selfish to buy toys for yourself. That sentence is semantically redundant. But it would be straight up irresponsible for people to spend their money on stuff they don't want. It's fine for people who want to buy it all, or people who can afford to be irresponsible. The model works. I get it, and I'm more in that camp than the other. But, from a PoP only collector point of view, this line is ridiculous. A separate line seems like it would be a god send. That's not me of course, I'm mainly vintage. But mix in NA, PoP, 200X, and other random tidbits, and the selection is still reflective of ridiculous.

If the lines were separate it would be better for everybody. If people say there's enough PoP fans out there to support it, then I wont argue with that. I have no idea beyond just this forum. But if it's true why wouldn't it be awesome to get a little six figures per year sub for both NA and PoP? That's not crying about my line being muddied up, that's me saying you guys have better solutions than two freakin' figures a year, and nobody is stopping people who want it all to buy all the subs. I bought 2 anniversary subs, they shipped with the other with no problem. It's fine.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; January 26, 2013 at 11:15am.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    If the lines were separate it would be better for everybody. If people say there's enough PoP fans out there to support it, then I wont argue with that. I have no idea beyond just this forum. But if it's true why wouldn't it be awesome to get a little six figures per year sub for both NA and PoP? That's not crying about my line being muddied up, that's me saying you guys have better solutions than two freakin' figures a year, and nobody is stopping people who want it all to buy all the subs. I bought 2 anniversary subs, they shipped with the other with no problem. It's fine.
    I would love subscriptions tiered by era, but it has been proposed before and it always gets shot down by the all-in crowd because generally despised era's like NA don't have enough support to make it on their own.

I'm actually hoping for a Filmation sub-line, that way I can at least avoid those bland looking bores of a character.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

What I really wanted to know was the status of the Raven figure... I know of 3 variants, hopefully SDCC will give more info.
    Do you know when Terra Firma is going to be released ? I'm not a fan of the Outer Space Men, but I really liked that prototype.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    If the two pack was rock people, it could still be army builder by making a female and male rock person. One who just so happens to look like Granita. They could make the female a little tougher (big boned, whatever) so she can share some parts, like arms and legs. A few pieces for making alternate characters. Then they would just release Stonedar and Rokkon separately. That way they can capitalize on the sculpts.

I'd be fine with robots with a bunch of gadgets and stands, or a Filmation 2-pack. Heck, I don't know how they could mess the two pack up really.

I really really really hope they do a good job with the girl this time. Every time we see one, I think people get overly excited and say it's perfect. Not everybody, but GR fans are in a situation were they have to take what they can get, and that could cause quality issues. Like, only getting a shield. I can't believe somebody didn't get stabbed for that.

I wonder if they don't get out Troopers this year, would they settle for Octavia being the only Horde member released? If not, then my bet is on Mantenna. But it seems he would come later in the year, and not make this announcement.

Also, because I don't know better an there are uber-awesome fans on here, how many figures are we actually expecting them to announce? And what monthly slot does that take us up to? And do they only announce stuff that's well into production, or like, the final model is ready for show. Or do they drop names from time to time. Oh wait, they will show accessories, right!? That would be enough for me. I actually like that kind of tease.

---- faction(ish) talk alert, skip on by if need be ----

About it being selfish to not want to pay for figures you don't want, that's just not particularly thought out. You don't go to the store looking for a dozen eggs, and settle for only six of them not being cracked open. These aren't eggs, but you hopefully get the point. My new father instincts are kicking in and I'm using food analogies. Pretty lame, I know. Here's another that might be more accurate. I'm baking a sweet potato soufflé. That's what my family wants because that's out tradition; it's our goal. I don't feel selfish for not buying a huge bag of mixed nuts just to take out the pecans and toss the rest aside, but if the store only carries mixed nuts, then I complain to the manager. Yes, complain. Not in a rude fashion, but one that hopefully remedies the situation. Nothing gets fixed if you just sit on your hands and take what your given. In MotUC, we would go broke before anybody reached any kind of goal. That's for people with goals though. I collect will goals. Some people just buy the toys. That's fine. Sitting back in front of the TV and eating mixed nuts is nice, too. It's just not for everybody. So don't speak for everybody.

It's already selfish to buy toys for yourself. That sentence is semantically redundant. But it would be straight up irresponsible for people to spend their money on stuff they don't want. It's fine for people who want to buy it all, or people who can afford to be irresponsible. The model works. I get it, and I'm more in that camp than the other. But, from a PoP only collector point of view, this line is ridiculous. A separate line seems like it would be a god send. That's not me of course, I'm mainly vintage. But mix in NA, PoP, 200X, and other random tidbits, and the selection is still reflective of ridiculous.

MOTUC is like a bag of Store bought Chex Mix... Just cause some only want the Chex and don't care about the Mix doesn't mean that they have to ruin it for everybody. Matty is not selling Chex and Pretzels and the other stuff... They're selling Chex Mix... It's been that way since they started with the breadstick thingie called King Grayskull in 2008.

Separating the Chex Mix would be the stupidest thing Mattel would ever do right now. Vintage is scraping the bottom of the Barrel with the Skippable guys (The Rios, Energy Zoids, etc). The CORE guys are pretty much done (We're a Two-Bad shy of completing the core Evil Warriors) NA on it's own won't do much... they SERIOUSLY depend on All-around MOTU fans. Right now Vintage needs the help of the POP fans and 200X fans to keep MOTUC afloat... based on the claim that after February some Vintage-only fans claimed that they're quitting the line and that MOTUC is on its 5th year; obviously the interest on it has begun to dwindle... coupled with a couple of OTHER issues that have driven customers away (talking about costs, CS, shipping, and QC issues).
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    I still like Scott though I believe sometimes he has to twist the truth a bit for the best of the line.
    I honestly try to like him, unfortunately, everytime I get close to that point, he screws up again

Please keep this discussion to toys that may be revealed at NYTF and not individual forum members. thanks.

Does anybody want Rio Blast? I do.
    I'm surprised that is not near the top ten...
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell
    What I really wanted to know was the status of the Raven figure... I know of 3 variants, hopefully SDCC will give more info..
    I've been waiting for that Raven (and the Cardinal) ever since they revealed the prototype.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Does anybody want Rio Blast? I do.
    I'm surprised that is not near the top ten...
    I want Rio Blast. I always forget about him, but I still want him.

TOTALLY agree These are my two most wanted figures left from the vintage line (Sagitar from the Na line).

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty much the two top wanted figures by me too.

no clue... I'm not even sure what it is, maybe I do know and I just can't recall.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!