Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Two-Bad, being the last of the "important" Evil Warriors, really should be a 2014 sub lure.
    Agree, I am thinking Rio or Extendar for a vintage. I think we will see a POP and a Horde member (could be Calix we haven't seen the Leech bigger body used again yet). I am also hoping for Lord Dactus just to kind of finish off the 200x must haves (I also want Evil Seed and Zeelahr, Zodak's brother).
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto69 View Post
    Finally someone stands up for poor Ninjor
    Yeah, I'm alarmed how rarely he gets mentioned. It kills me that not only was he the only character from "Search for Keldor" that I didn't own, he's also the only one we haven't seen in Classics yet.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto69 View Post
    Finally someone stands up for poor Ninjor
    I'm with you on Ninjor, one of the one's I've wanted the most since the beginning!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-West View Post
    ------ --- ---- (6, 3, 4)
    I have a good feeling I know who these two are
    LooKee and Kowl?
    Does Galactus fart?

I mentioned NINJOR several pages back, but I guess it was overlooked. This is really a long thread, so I'm sure lots of comments get skipped.

Plus, I stand out about as much as a single blade of grass in a field full of........you guessed, it! GRASS!
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Actually, I'm not too surprised Ninjor has been left out this long.
    He's definitely among the most non-MotU-ish of the unreleased Vintage characters.

And assuming he's gonna be a straight vintage copy, I'm pretty sure I won't want him in my collection.
    Which is actually a little disingenuous, as I have yet to see ANY version (fan art or otherwise) that successfully MotU-izes him enough to make me fully accepting of him.

^ The Rock Warriors really should wind up looking exactly like they jumped out of that Earl Norem poster - Rokkon looks so badass!! Standard buck with the rock pieces being removable; no transformation to boulder form necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    LooKee and Kowl?
    Good guess! but not the two characters I was thinking of
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~Snake Armor He-Man~Tung Lashor~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~200x King Hisss~Ninjor
    *Icer*~*Batros*~*Shokotti*

Quote Originally Posted by J-West View Post
    Good guess! but not the two characters I was thinking of
    Nepthu and Icer!
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Nepthu and Icer!
    Hopefully Batros and Icer.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    Hopefully Batros and Icer.
    I so hope you are right and I am wrong in this case.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    He's definitely among the most non-MotU-ish of the unreleased Vintage characters.

And assuming he's gonna be a straight vintage copy, I'm pretty sure I won't want him in my collection.
    Which is actually a little disingenuous, as I have yet to see ANY version (fan art or otherwise) that successfully MotU-izes him enough to make me fully accepting of him.
    Wow really? I thought that particular wave of figures were very MotU right down to the parts sharing! I can't wait to get Ninjor Classics!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Looking forward to the day when someone else besides me stands up for poor Blast Attak
    I will! I wonder why BA doesn't have such a big following among fans, he's awesome!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Its a shame Ninjor doesn't get much love, he's one of my favourites and needs to come out ASAP, such an easy figure to re-do with minimal tooling. Would be great if he came out later this year.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Wow really? I thought that particular wave of figures were very MotU right down to the parts sharing! I can't wait to get Ninjor Classics!
    For Realzerz!! Sorceress, Randor, Scareglow, and the return of Faker. Ninjor fits into those ranks just fine, about the same as Clamp Champ for the Heroic Warriors. Both also bring nice culture to MOTUC. Not that snakes and aliens and monsters and stuff don't. Plus, all of those figures are legendary for being tougher to find when completing loose collections, so it would be a shame to not complete that particular wave . If you don't like to prominently display him, you can hide him in the shadows and he'll feel right at home.

Ninjor was cool as a figure, for sure.

But as a MotU character he's a little too "Let's throw in a random karate guy. Kids like karate guys, don't they?" for my tastes.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

I agree. It's kind of amazing how "non-MOTU" he feels to me considering that he actually does share a lot of pre-existing parts. He just looks too much like a traditional ninja to me that it just feels totally out of place for MOTU. I won't "protest" him being included in the line or anything like that, but he is one of those figures that if for one reason or another he doesn't come out before the line ends, I won't exactly be upset over it.

That being said, despite my lack of interest in this character, on the plus side if he is made at some point, he should require minimal new tooling, and he will help balance out the cost of other figures that may require a larger amount of unique/new tooling.

- - - Updated - - -

Ninjor was cool as a figure, for sure.

But as a MotU character he's a little too "Let's throw in a random karate guy. Kids like karate guys, don't they?" for my tastes.
    Yup, exactly!

They didn't do enough to take the concept of a ninja/"karate guy" and "MOTU-ize" it. It would be like having palace guards that just looked like traditional medieval knights/castle guards instead of what we have now. Early on MOTU took certain concepts and worked them in a way that fit in with the line. Later on it felt like they were just shoving things in there that didn't fit in and weren't well adapted. Ninjor is one of the worst offenders. Rio Blast is pushing it as well (all be it not quite as badly IMO) since he has too much of a traditional 'sheriff' look. He looks like he'd fit in better with Bravestarr than MOTU.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; January 30, 2013 at 12:28pm. Reason: fixing typos

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I'm pretty much in the same boat DoE, and yes Rio is pushing it a bit for me too.

Also, I think they are among a handful of characters that people always try to point to when making the (IMO fallacious) case that "anything goes" in MotU whereas I feel those are the exception and should not be singled out as emblematic of MotU in any way.

I'm sure the MOTUC version of Ninjor will look really cool, but as a MotU character it's just not for me.

I think he can be very Eternian, or whatever. You have to stop thinking about the sneaky Japanese version, and maybe look to 70's portrayals of black clothed warriors.

I know he's named Ninjor, and comes with nun-chucks, but still, bare with me.

MOTU is a mash up if nothing else, add to his muscle the vibe of a brute (but very stealthy, and secretive) Persian warrior, and you have my idea of Ninjor. I remember such a figure in an old movie like Conan, but I don't know it was Conan. I've only found this image (below) so far, but it helps pass the idea along.

More mash up, not ~just~ a straight-up ninja. A ninja barbarian even with a high tech bow even.

xaltot.gif

It's a neat idea, but if you de-ninja Ninjor, aren't you left with too much of a Jitsu retread?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I pray for Point Dread & Talon Fighter... and if that's asking too much, I'll take a Slime Pit instead. Those are both "items"
    Man both of those would be awesome! LOVED the Slime Pitt as a kiddo, and always wanted Point Dread & Talon Fighter! How cool would Point Dread be on top our Castle Grayskulls??!?!?!

It's a neat idea, but if you de-ninja Ninjor, aren't you left with too much of a Jitsu retread?
    No, i'd say he's unique enough to stand out. Jitsu's main feature is his metal hand, while Ninjor is more stealthy and relies on weaponry and the element of surprise.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Also, I think they are among a handful of characters that people always try to point to when making the (IMO fallacious) case that "anything goes" in MotU whereas I feel those are the exception and should not be singled out as emblematic of MotU in any way.
    No, the anything goes style IS the rule, not the exception, starting with wave 2 (and that's considering that the fuzzy shorts on Duncan outweigh the high tech armor he wore). We had a cyborg and a guy with a sci-fi suit, the latter without a trace of the sword and sorcery themes we saw in the first wave. Rio is no further away from the barbarian theme than Man-E, and the latter is one of the most popular of the MOTU characters. The idea of throwing everything but the kitchen sink into the line runs through the whole thing, not just the last few waves many cite. From Man-E to Modulock to the Meteorbs, MOTU knew no limits almost from the start.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Ninjor may not be on many people's most wanted lists because they assume Mattel will get to him eventually with the heavy parts reuse. He would be a good candidate for the 2014 line if it gets reduced to less than 12-16 figures because they can bank the tooling dollars for someone else more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Nepthu and Icer!
    I'd rather see Batros but with all the Nepthu talk, I do wonder if we'll see him. Might be a way to sell him, by packaging him with a character fans simply must have.

I actually think Nepthu and Batros would make more sense together, as they both had a connection to the Temple of the Sun.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina