Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Figures which were figures in the old days can't be sub exclusives. That was the rule when the subs began. I accept Mattel has form for moving the goalposts, but I can't see them breaking that rule. The sub figure could be someone like Eldor who was only a prototype.
    I think rules are out the window at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    No no no if the Horde Troopers are the $50.00 sub slot which everyone seems to agree on, "The Most Highly fan demanded army builder ever" as scott put it then I want them in 2013 as they are planned not held for 2014. I subscribed for 2013 and I want evertything that was planned for the 2013 sub not swapping characters around as sub bait for next years sub.
    This exactly. I subbed for 2013 with that expectation. I've been dissatisfied with the selection since. I will not sub again with more broken promises or "sub lures". Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice....

I was watching the "Origin of the Sorceress" last night from the Filmation series and Stridor was in it. I forgot that he became alive due to a spell cast by Morgoth and almost got emotional watching the episode since I had him as a kid. If vehicles are over (hope not),I hope see him as a reveal soon--wouldn't he be considered a beast (they're not off the table for now right?)
    Last edited by He-Kal; February 1, 2013 at 01:16pm.

I got Stridor from a garage sale as a kid and I really loved that toy! With the obvious parts reuse for Night Stalker I really hope that Mattel will get to them someday. I would love to have Fisto/Stridor and Jitsu/Night Stalker squaring off in my display

RE Despara, doesn't she seem tailor made for Comic Con being a character from a comic? She could even be displayed with the Hordak-ish head or the Adora head for Con and Matty versions.

Meanwhile, I really expect Scorpia to be the 2014 exclusive because she's popular across the board. As long as she gets made at this point is all I care about.

Also, Ninjor fits into MOTU better than some figures that have already appeared in MOTUC, so there's no leg to stand on about that. He's a figure we should get, and since he's relatively easy to make I think that makes him a good figure to include as well.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    RE Despara, doesn't she seem tailor made for Comic Con being a character from a comic? She could even be displayed with the Hordak-ish head or the Adora head for Con and Matty versions.

Meanwhile, I really expect Scorpia to be the 2014 exclusive because she's popular across the board. As long as she gets made at this point is all I care about.

Also, Ninjor fits into MOTU better than some figures that have already appeared in MOTUC, so there's no leg to stand on about that. He's a figure we should get, and since he's relatively easy to make I think that makes him a good figure to include as well.
    I think the hard thing about Ninjor will be that he has a good amount of accessories. Also, to get masked and unmasked may require 2 different heads, which is $$$. As for if he fits, that's up to personal opinion, but I would put him in the same category as Spector in terms of display. But I do want him, he's a cool figure, but does he fit? Not so much. LOL But maybe that's the point.
    Scorpia would be a great sub exclusive, can't deny that. But Despera, while tremendously cool, isn't as important as most of the figures we have left. I would be happy to see her, but not before we get the very slots we're scampering for.

Despara would be an amazing SDCC exclusive! Very cool looking, comic related, but not necessarily essential to everyone.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I don't really understand why people want the SDCC exclusive to be a non-essential character. Did anyone have a problem getting He-Ro, Orko/Adam, or Marlena/Cringer? There were plenty available on MattyCollector and Orko/Adam were even reissued recently. Wouldn't you rather get a high profile character and pay a slight premium than risk the chance of never getting them because the line ends?

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I think the hard thing about Ninjor will be that he has a good amount of accessories. Also, to get masked and unmasked may require 2 different heads, which is $$$. As for if he fits, that's up to personal opinion, but I would put him in the same category as Spector in terms of display. But I do want him, he's a cool figure, but does he fit? Not so much. LOL But maybe that's the point.
    Scorpia would be a great sub exclusive, can't deny that. But Despera, while tremendously cool, isn't as important as most of the figures we have left. I would be happy to see her, but not before we get the very slots we're scampering for.
    RE Ninjor, no offense, but I don't buy any of those points as problems. A second head that makes sense isn't a liability. They put one nobody asked for on Ram Man. Even if they didn't give him his hoodless head, big deal, that can go down as another loss like Netossa's head piece only the existing head won't look unfinished. And accessories getting cut by now is no big deal. Shoot, he can take the weapons Jitsu can't even use! Besides, he's got nothing on Modulok and Multibot. And he fits better than Spector, so I don't care about that argument. As Eamon might say. No! I've decided. It's rubbish.

RE Despara, she's being talked about as the sub exclusive, so that's why I point out her better place as an SDCC exclusive. But I don't agree she's not important as she's a hot character to make, fresh in the minds of comic fans, and helps promote the line as much as an old favorite like Rio Blast (maybe better).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    RE Ninjor, no offense, but I don't buy any of those points as problems. A second head that makes sense isn't a liability. They put one nobody asked for on Ram Man. Even if they didn't give him his hoodless head, big deal, that can go down as another loss like Netossa's head piece only the existing head won't look unfinished. And accessories getting cut by now is no big deal. Shoot, he can take the weapons Jitsu can't even use! Besides, he's got nothing on Modulok and Multibot. And he fits better than Spector, so I don't care about that argument. As Eamon might say. No! I've decided. It's rubbish.

RE Despara, she's being talked about as the sub exclusive, so that's why I point out her better place as an SDCC exclusive. But I don't agree she's not important as she's a hot character to make, fresh in the minds of comic fans, and helps promote the line as much as an old favorite like Rio Blast (maybe better).
    It shocks and befuddles me where Mattel chooses to put their funding dollars. I brought up the 2nd head and accessories for Ninjor because Scott has relied on those as costly time and again, usually when we ask for an accessory we actually want. LOL

I do agree that Despera is cool, but she's new to the party and needs to get in line behind others that have been waiting longer for figures (Scorpia, Razz, etc)

I personally think that they should have a heavy MOTU vintage hitter for the sub exclusive. Every spot counts. No more nonessential spots. And since that seems to be the biggest group of fans, then put what they want the most as the lure. Good business sense. Two Bad for the sub exclusive would be my choice.
    Last edited by orbles; January 31, 2013 at 05:58pm.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I personally think that they should have a heavy MOTU vintage hitter for the sub exclusive. Every spot counts. No more nonessential spots. Any since that seems to be the biggest group of fans, then put what they want the most as the lure. Good business sense. Two Bad for the sub exclusive would be my choice.
    Two Bad would be a very good exclusive indeed.....

Well with all the discussion that has been going on around here, I realized that if the vintage MOTU sub group is the largest of all the subbers, then you really need to hook them and get them to buy in. Matty has never really been the best at marketing, but this is really the time to step up and show their skills. They need to blow us away at SDCC so people HAVE to sub in. This is the way to do it. If anything can be learned by all the discussion, then it is that you really need to keep the vintage MOTU guys addicted and begging for more.

My guesses:

August: Glimmer w/Kowl
    September: Blade, Modulok
    October: Manteena
    SDCC Exclusive: Despera vs, He-Man Two Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I don't really understand why people want the SDCC exclusive to be a non-essential character. Did anyone have a problem getting He-Ro, Orko/Adam, or Marlena/Cringer? There were plenty available on MattyCollector and Orko/Adam were even reissued recently. Wouldn't you rather get a high profile character and pay a slight premium than risk the chance of never getting them because the line ends?
    I still worry that since Vykor wasn't incredibly popular that a future SDCC exclusive won't just be a pack-out change in the future. That they'll do something more than that.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

If anything Eldor should be the SDCC exclusive as He-Ro was to kind of 'bookend' the possible ending (?) of the line. I AM NOT saying the line will end but if it did, Eldor should be made!

Now for the 2014 Sub Exclusive it should be Dare son of He-Man! Cause at this point he is a concept, a bridge to the future of the line and a must have for die hard collectors. And he could also be the spark that can reignite the desire for the line as it may hopefully move further with characters that will be slightly more obscure, conceptual or not considered must haves to many from the looks of various posts.

Despara.... SHOULD BE MADE! It's a new fresh take which actually WORKS!!! She should get her own slot AFTER we get presumably what we consider the must haves. What's not to like accept that seemingly she threatens what many fear a potential slot for a must have. If they can't find a way to get her into this in 2014 I truly hope she will make it to 2015 or in some loophole!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    If anything Eldor should be the SDCC exclusive as He-Ro was to kind of 'bookend' the possible ending (?) of the line. I AM NOT saying the line will end but if it did, Eldor should be made!

Now for the 2014 Sub Exclusive it should be Dare son of He-Man! Cause at this point he is a concept, a bridge to the future of the line and a must have for die hard collectors. And he could also be the spark that can reignite the desire for the line as it may hopefully move further with characters that will be slightly more obscure, conceptual or not considered must haves to many from the looks of various posts.

Despara.... SHOULD BE MADE! It's a new fresh take which actually WORKS!!! She should get her own slot AFTER we get presumably what we consider the must haves. What's not to like accept that seemingly she threatens what many fear a potential slot for a must have. If they can't find a way to get her into this in 2014 I truly hope she will make it to 2015 or in some loophole!
    That's why I am pretty sure that come this Summer, we will find out she is the sub exclusive for next year.

Dare and Despera aren't strong enough to pull people in as a sub lure.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I don't know...Despera might be. She has been pretty popular and highly praised, and looks to be featured in the ongoing series. Already there have been a lot of people asking for her. I think she could do pretty darn well.

Dare on the other hand...probably not so much. Buy a Ka-Zar figure, boom there you go.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Let me further elaborate on Despera, I typed that last message in haste.

Is she cool? Yes. Would she be a cool figure? Yes, someday.

IF she were to get released, she would no doubt count as a POP slot. And I am so not willing to give up any POP heavy hitters that haven't been released for some new version of Adora, no matter how awesome it might be. And my question to those asking for her, is she more important to you than Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, Castaspela, etc?
    And if you're thinking of getting her as merely a sub exclusive, she may be cool, but not enough people know who she is to make it a safe sub lure for 2014. I'm a heavy MOTU/POP fan, and I haven't gotten my hands on the comic yet, but no matter how cool she may be the last thing this line needs is new cannon and new factions.
    The best slot I could give her is traveling con.
    Again, I agree she is cool, but she's not cool enough to take up any of the valuable slots we have left before any of the other POP, Vintage, NA, etc.
    I'm not saying this to cause any angst, I'm saying this to not tank the subs.

Let me further elaborate on Despera, I typed that last message in haste.

Is she cool? Yes. Would she be a cool figure? Yes, someday.

IF she were to get released, she would no doubt count as a POP slot. And I am so not willing to give up any POP heavy hitters that haven't been released for some new version of Adora, no matter how awesome it might be. And my question to those asking for her, is she more important to you than Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, Castaspela, etc?
    And if you're thinking of getting her as merely a sub exclusive, she may be cool, but not enough people know who she is to make it a safe sub lure for 2014. I'm a heavy MOTU/POP fan, and I haven't gotten my hands on the comic yet, but no matter how cool she may be the last thing this line needs is new cannon and new factions.
    The best slot I could give her is traveling con.
    Again, I agree she is cool, but she's not cool enough to take up any of the valuable slots we have left before any of the other POP, Vintage, NA, etc.
    I'm not saying this to cause any angst, I'm saying this to not tank the subs.
    Spoken for truth . I already have an Adora standing with the royal family. However My rebellion is missing Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Mermista, Peekablue, Madame Razz, Sweet Bee, Flutterina, Huntara, Granita, Double Trouble, Spinnerella, and Perfuma. My Powers of Greeyskull is MISSING its Queen Veena. My independent shelf is misssing Shokoti and preferably Hunga. My Horde need Entrapta & Scorpia. The Masters need Hawke & Kittrina. Poor Flipshot needs Mara & Drissi. And for crying out loud MATTEL & Toy Guru my MUTANTS need a CCCCCRRRRRIIIIITTTTTAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    Last edited by bribri4u; January 31, 2013 at 10:34pm.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior
    See, I disagree - she is a perfect sub lure.

* She fills the original intent that it would be someone that completists would want but would it be "essential"

* She is a bad-arse character, that I think even anti-PoP or those that don't even like females that much would love her, much like they reponded well to Catra

I can't stand newly invented characters shoe-horned into the line, but even I would be all over her. She instantly seems rather popular, and I'm pretty sure we will see her much more in the future. I think she would be far more popular than another He-variant, and as a fan I think it's great because she wouldn't take up another slot for a needed vintage character.

It just feels very right to me.

Who the hell is Despara?
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Dare and Despera aren't strong enough to pull people in as a sub lure.
    You're absolutely right, but then again after 2014 with all the core characters attained... will the sub be as big as it is now? And if so / not so, the figures will be more obscure where maybe Dare (just saying) would be or even Despara (although I think she should hold a slot). Remember it would only burn Mattel if they made a wanted character a sub exclusive and the sub line gives us characters many don't want and will complain about having to get the sub just for that sub exclusive, so these two would make good choices cause it would lure completest without the appearance of doing so. After 2014 the stakes are higher and the formula would need to change. IMO
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Who the hell is Despara?
    I don't know either. I guess we are out of the loop on this one. Maybe that's why she would be the perfect sub exclusive