Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I don't know either. I guess we are out of the loop on this one. Maybe that's why she would be the perfect sub exclusive
    She is featured in one of the DC Comics one shots she i the evil Force Captain version of Princess Adora. If u do a google search i'm sure it will pull up with a picture she is a pretty cool design.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I don't know either. I guess we are out of the loop on this one. Maybe that's why she would be the perfect sub exclusive
    Here is her support thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...espera+support

She is DC's Force Captain Adora but way cooler IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    She is featured in one of the DC Comics one shots she i the evil Force Captain version of Princess Adora. If u do a google search i'm sure it will pull up with a picture she is a pretty cool design.
    Yeah, I just looked her up....new Comic character....not for me, have no interest. I don't really care for her looks personally, but if she would keep a good Vintage figure from being a sub exclusive, then so be it. But I'd rather see Eldor or someone else.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

We need a Shadow Weaver-esque character for a sub lure. Someone with some grab that reaches across the divide. Scorpia and Modulok come to mind. Making it someone non essential, like King He-Man, makes people like the cherry pickers say, I don't need him, therefor I don't need a sub. Example, low sub sales of 2013 (I know there were plenty of other issues). But 2012 had Shadow Weaver, a strong character that everyone wanted. Strong sub sales. Seems like a no brainer. A non essential should be saved for a traveling con or even SDCC (but please let me recover from Vykron first) LOL

Despera is very very cool. I don't deny that. But she falls short of the mark, and not by a little.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Yeah, I just looked her up....new Comic character....not for me, have no interest. I don't really care for her looks personally, but if she would keep a good Vintage figure from being a sub exclusive, then so be it. But I'd rather see Eldor or someone else.
    A vintage figure or someone popular like that is exactly who should be a sub exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    A vintage figure or someone popular like that is exactly who should be a sub exclusive.
    I disagree with a wanted Vintage figure being a sub exclusive, now someone like Scorpia or Eldor....

And if a picker has not subbed by now to get the $25 price, they never will. The sub exclusive will not make a huge difference in sub numbers, even if it was Two-Bad, pickers would pay more from BBTS or Ebay to get him instead of subbing, that's how it works. Sure a few may say, ah screw it, I'll sub, but most long time pickers have already said they'd never sub up. I only did for the $25 price, and so I wouldn't have to sit DOS and fight for anything. But I could have just as easily went to BBTS and PO'd, that's what I did last year. I PO'd from BBTS and cancelled it once I got it DOS, I got Shadow Weaver from a friend for selling another two he had, otherwise, I would have never bought her, as I didn't care for her.

If a picker were to sub for 2014, it would be solely based on selection, not the sub figure, if 2014 is pure POP and Vintage....they may just do that, but the sub figure would have little to do with the entire years selection. I wish I didn't as I only will end up keeping a handful of revealed figures so far, 2012 would have been the best but expensive year to sub as far as character selection.
    Recent....Eldor
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    I disagree with a wanted Vintage figure being a sub exclusive, now someone like Scorpia or Eldor....

And if a picker has not subbed by now to get the $25 price, they never will. The sub exclusive will not make a huge difference in sub numbers, even if it was Two-Bad, pickers would pay more from BBTS or Ebay to get him instead of subbing, that's how it works. Sure a few may say, ah screw it, I'll sub, but most long time pickers have already said they'd never sub up. I only did for the $25 price, and so I wouldn't have to sit DOS and fight for anything. But I could have just as easily went to BBTS and PO'd, that's what I did last year. I PO'd from BBTS and cancelled it once I got it DOS, I got Shadow Weaver from a friend for selling another two he had, otherwise, I would have never bought her, as I didn't care for her.

If a picker were to sub for 2014, it would be solely based on selection, not the sub figure, if 2014 is pure POP and Vintage....they may just do that, but the sub figure would have little to do with the entire years selection. I wish I didn't as I only will end up keeping a handful of revealed figures so far, 2012 would have been the best but expensive year to sub as far as character selection.
    agree, the fate of 2014 is gonna be based on not just the sub exclusive, but those first 4 months of reveals.

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    agree, the fate of 2014 is gonna be based on not just the sub exclusive, but those first 4 months of reveals.
    I don't think the exclusive is the only factor, just that it is a factor. The first few months and the first quarterly items will make or break. These should all be essential characters spanning the factions, for example, Two Bad, Glimmer, Hydron, Mantenna , Horde Troopers.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I agree. A-listers will be needed for those first few months, but a strong sub exclusive would be icing on the cake.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Warrior
    And maybe something more than just a map.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I got Stridor from a garage sale as a kid and I really loved that toy! With the obvious parts reuse for Night Stalker I really hope that Mattel will get to them someday. I would love to have Fisto/Stridor and Jitsu/Night Stalker squaring off in my display
    I wholeheartedly agree!!

I'll be super-bummed if we don't get MOTUC versions of Stridor and Night Stalker! Heck, I'd pay $100 for a 2-pack.

The 4H would absolutely crush on those, and you could easily hide tons of cool articulation and moving parts on 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I don't think the exclusive is the only factor, just that it is a factor. The first few months and the first quarterly items will make or break. These should all be essential characters spanning the factions, for example, Two Bad, Glimmer, Hydron, Mantenna , Horde Troopers.
    Ram-Man, Fang Man, the (still undecided on) Foe Men & the possibility of the last half being more wanted to me actually helped me decide for 2013....King He-Man had nothing at all to do with it, If I would have subbed in 2012, Shadow Weaver wouldn't have even made a difference to me.

But yes the first reveals of 2014 will make all the difference.
    Recent....Eldor
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

While I disagree that the sub figure would never sway a cherry picker to sub up (because it very well could, who knows what other people think) , I will say that the number of cherry pickers it could potentially sway would be far to small a number to actually matter, and the problems and grief it would cause (and potentially cause people to drop the line over entirely) would be much greater than the subscribers the line would gain.

I would love to see a Despara or Eldor, honestly anyone besides another he-man
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

I think saying that the sub exclusive doesn't sway people is naive.

At this point, when the customer base is small, and 50 to 100 subscribers could spell the difference between a sub going forward or not, Mattel needs to use a characters like Scorpia, Karg (if they can arrange the rights), Eldor, or Miro to lure people in.

A character like King He-Man or Dare or Darius is not a good idea.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I agree with what you are saying here, but if the sub exclusive was a popular vintage figure, it could be the one thing that pushes the scale to the I'll sub side other than the nah, I dont need it side. At this point, any help we can get is necessary. So I vote Two Bad as the 2014 sub exclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

Ram-Man, Fang Man, the (still undecided on) Foe Men & the possibility of the last half being more wanted to me actually helped me decide for 2013....King He-Man had nothing at all to do with it, If I would have subbed in 2012, Shadow Weaver wouldn't have even made a difference to me.

But yes the first reveals of 2014 will make all the difference.
    See thats the point, you didnt want the exclusive, so it was not a factor. But if it was something you wanted, then it may have made the decision or at least made it easier to sub.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I think a strong unproduced Filmation fig would be nice again. Evil Seed or something. Somebody like that, not necessarily him.

A way to pack a light hope, maybe an earlier version of it/him that was humanoidesque. Maybe somebody MOTU this time and not PoP, but he has major importance in the grand scheme of things.

I do like that the 2013 exclusive has historical importance. And that's a trend I'd like to see continue.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    ...characters like Scorpia, Karg (if they can arrange the rights), Eldor, or Miro to lure people in.

That's funny, all seven of those figures fall at basically the same level of importance to me.

The top two being King He-Man & King Miro, both equal, nobody outside the uberfans know them well enough to miss them, and they continuing the legacy. They stand out as MOTUC milestones, so both seem appropriate enough.

Eldor and Dare are about equal and next for me. They too have nice importance, come from different time periods, aren't very well known either, but still, nice legacy.

Scorpia is cool, no doubt. But just because we've never had her, her importance to the timeline of MOTUC is basically null. Still, cool figure.

Karg was terrible. That movie was terrible, and he was a reason why. The confusion of that movie came from it mostly not being anything like the MOTU we had going. Characters we didn't care about that looked different than what we knew. Karg = fail. Darius would also have been terrible. Good choice to stop while they weren't further behind on that one. Equal badness there.

I know those were well thought out figures to juxtapose, and I was just like, huh. Funny. I of course speak for nobody but myself, and respect the comparison. Heh, it actually got me to think a little more about what feels right. So nice!
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

The bickering back and fourth of the pedantics of how Mattel will roll out a 2014 sub (presuming they have the go ahead to do so) seems a little ludicrous. Mattel has a plan they will use to roll it out and it'll be what it is. If the sub does not sell enough that will be that. It doesn't matter what we think should be this or that. It seems this thread has gotten way off topic.
    Last edited by csc0709; February 1, 2013 at 03:36pm.

I can see Scorpia being a good contender for a sub exclusive, but not Miro, Eldor or Karg. I actually think King He-Man is a much more interesting choice than either of those three. I do agree, though, that Mattel should really try to make the sub exclusive as tantalising as possible from here on.

I mean, even though a lot of people moaned at the time because it limited their chances of getting her, Shadow Weaver was a good sub exclusive and it’s easy to see why she was chosen. And I still haven’t got her!!!!!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Actually with the "roadmap" blown to smithereens due to last years poor sales and the addition of Filmation characters, its been shown that the sub exclusive CAN be changed it circumstances are right. I don't think that whatever next years sub exclusive is would be set in stone necessarily. (see Shadow Weaver bumping Horde Prime)

I think it's important we do let them know what we would like to see as the exclusive. Otherwise, they could go down the wrong path and make the exclusive something no one wants.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    The bickering back and fourth of the pendantics of how Mattel will roll out a 2014 sub (presuming they have the go ahead to do so) seems a little ludicrous. Mattel has a plan they will use to roll it out and it'll be what it is. If the sub does not sell enough that will be that. It doesn't matter what we think should be this or that. It seems this thread has gotten way off topic.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    It seems this thread has gotten way off topic.
    Idunno, maybe not. I see what they plan to reveal and what we want them to reveal both having everything to do with the success of the sub. And speculation of both go hand in hand. I also think the faction wars stuff is actually quite relevant, even if not handled particularly well.

It's all in fun.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post

I think it's important we do let them know what we would like to see as the exclusive. Otherwise, they could go down the wrong path and make the exclusive something no one wants.
    Great, then let's start a separate thread about it. This thread's title is "Someone BIG Will Be Revealed at NYTF!" And yet, we are talking about figures that will likely not get shown until SDCC 2013. So, we have gone off topic. I keep seeing this thread bumped to the top thinking there is new stuff about the immediate NYTF that is coming up, only to find all this other BS.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Scorpia, Eldor, Oo-Larr, Veena, Gwildor or Lodar would make good exclusives - even a Filmation character like Strongarm, Dylamug, Lizard Man or Sea Hawk would be cool.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Yeah, you know, the arguing over who Mattel should or will make is getting to feel like the plotting for power on Game of Thrones. We're losing the fun of the line by committing ourselves to certain character selections--often ones that alienate other fans--so for me I just hope to get as many of the figures mentioned as possible. There are specific slots that seem cool for certain characters (eg, Despara at a comic convention), but I honestly don't care how I get the figures, I just want to get them. Mattel can work out how best to market them, I just hope they make 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think saying that the sub exclusive doesn't sway people is naive.

At this point, when the customer base is small, and 50 to 100 subscribers could spell the difference between a sub going forward or not, Mattel needs to use a characters like Scorpia, Karg (if they can arrange the rights), Eldor, or Miro to lure people in.

I'd be ecstatic to see any of those, especially Scorpia, but there is also something really appealing about Eldor and Miro because it'd be like getting Gandalf and Theoden for Eternia. Old guys rule!

Dare would be cool, though it would be especially nice if that's the skinnier teenaged version because he would stand out (it would also require another precious slot going to an empowered He-version, but I'd want that too).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Great, then let's start a separate thread about it. This thread's title is "Someone BIG Will Be Revealed at NYTF!" And yet, we are talking about figures that will likely not get shown until SDCC 2013. So, we have gone off topic. I keep seeing this thread bumped to the top thinking there is new stuff about the immediate NYTF that is coming up, only to find all this other BS.
    Complain to a mod? I think its a logical offshoot of this discussion, but maybe you might inject something to get it back on topic like "hey, do you guys think they run the risk of ruining the SDCC sub lure if they bring out a vintage heavy like Two-Bad or Mantenna?"
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior
    Fwoosh Q&A just said there is a surprise at Toyfair in addition to Grayskull and 2-4 figure reveals that no one knows about. What could it be?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Fwoosh Q&A just said there is a surprise at Toyfair in addition to Grayskull and 2-4 figure reveals that no one knows about. What could it be?
    Catra and Evil-Lyn barbies!!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406