Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    Are you hinting at something, BCR?
    He is rather tricksy. We begin to question everything he says and try to figure out the riddle. I find it rather fun.

I'd be shocked if they did get the movie rights, but that would be one neat hat trick. Imagine a sub line with Blade, Saurod, Gwildor, Karge and a 2-pack of Skeletor's Troopers. I know I'd sooner like to see more Filmation characters, but that would be cool too.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Revealing Karg as the 2014 sub exclusive would be a great way to announce that Mattel had gotten the rights to the live action film.

Sadly we have yet to even get the 3 movie figures they can make.

If Mattel did get the rights I would of course support a Meg Foster Evil-Lyn figure.

As for NYTF, I'm thinking 3 monthly figures at the most and one of those may be the $50 two pack. Last year it was Frosta, Spikor, and Snakemen for the sub and than SLL for the 30th. I hope we at least get to see as much this year as last year. I will also be quite upset if we don't get to see at least one female character.

I have a feeling they will save the Subscription $50 item for SDCC.

There is going to be enough product with the CG proto, and then these extras that Scott had hinted at....

orbles is right... I must always be mindful of what I say. LOL
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I still don't understand why Karg is completely off-limits; I understand the whole rights thing between the movie and toy line and why the three previous figures (Blade, Saurod, Gwildor) are exempt, but by that notion, so should Karg - he appeared in other media outside the film (the MOTU magazine stories/comics, for instance)

*If* they did get the rights to the movie troopers, I'd love it (though I know some others have given feedback to this idea that they aren't as fond of it) if they did one big 3-pack of Skeletor minions that would include a movie Centurion trooper, a Skelcon and a 200x Bone Warrior, with mini, limited-poseable Skeletoid and mini-Bone Warrior as accessories. I'd include a Hover Robot or two, but thinking those may do well on their own.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    I still don't understand why Karg is completely off-limits; I understand the whole rights thing between the movie and toy line and why the three previous figures (Blade, Saurod, Gwildor) are exempt, but by that notion, so should Karg - he appeared in other media outside the film (the MOTU magazine stories/comics, for instance)
    I would be curious to know if the fact that he appeared in the Star Comics (owned by Marvel) might be a path-way to acquiring the rights to that character.

Who knows? Maybe Mattel DOES own the rights and didn't know... lol
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    maybe they own him, but they want the movie version, not the grey/green version. {IIRC he was that color, in the comics.}
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I would be curious to know if the fact that he appeared in the Star Comics (owned by Marvel) might be a path-way to acquiring the rights to that character.

How I wish they had the movie rights... moreso then Filmation, comics...

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    maybe they own him, but they want the movie version, not the grey/green version. {IIRC he was that color, in the comics.}
    Iīm not totally sure but isnīt Shadow Weaver in those comics as well and they sure didnīt have the rights for her!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I have no use for 200X vehicles personally, I want the Vintage Attack Trak before that, besides, 200X just had their well detailed shot at upscaled vehicles just a decade ago. The Vintage line vehicles are still stuck back 30 years ago in their Vintage smaller scaled styling, except Wind Raider.

I get a lot of people want the Battle Ram, I'm not sure myself if I do, but I am using my want for the Attack Trak as an example.
    I would want vehicles we didnt get in the orignal line, Basher, Collector or Filmation Attack trak. I feel Karg is the most wanted figure that we dont have access though, but he is the only figure that is a huge draw, I feel that people are not willing to give up a spot of a vintage character for a 87 movie version of heman or skelator. As much as I want Karg as an action figure, I think Mattel doesnt have the resources right now to acquire the movie rights just for one character, but if they did manage it, then ill be happier then a Pigboy in ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Iīm not totally sure but isnīt Shadow Weaver in those comics as well and they sure didnīt have the rights for her!
    Shadow Weaver was a Filmation original, she wasn't made until they had those rights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I would want vehicles we didnt get in the orignal line, Basher, Collector or Filmation Attack trak. I feel Karg is the most wanted figure that we dont have access though, but he is the only figure that is a huge draw, I feel that people are not willing to give up a spot of a vintage character for a 87 movie version of heman or skelator. As much as I want Karg as an action figure, I think Mattel doesnt have the resources right now to acquire the movie rights just for one character, but if they did manage it, then ill be happier then a Pigboy in ****!
    I'd be in for a Filmation Attack Trak.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Karg woul be awesome. Another one of those characters that I wanted as a kid and never understood why they didn't make him. Reveal Scorpia, Karg, and Eldor and I will be ecstatic.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Chewer of Trollans
    I would still like to hear an announcement regarding digital mini-comics or even a re-release of them in another form. Am I alone on this?

Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    I would still like to hear an announcement regarding digital mini-comics or even a re-release of them in another form. Am I alone on this?
    You certainly aren't. They'd make a nice book as well

If you are talking about the new mini-comics, then you may not be alone on that, but from a marketing perspective it would be a bad move. The "mini-comics" were a bonus for those who bought the MOTUC figures they came with.

Now, if you are talking about the VINTAGE mini-comics, then a digital version or a paperback collection would certainly in order!

RE: TOY FAIR

Do we know what toy reporting sites (or press people) will be attending the collector event this Sunday night?
    Last edited by Kowl; February 5, 2013 at 12:42pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Shadow Weaver was a Filmation original, she wasn't made until they had those rights.
    The same rule probably applies to Karg. Since he was created for the movie, Mattel would need to aquire the rights to make him from the studio.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I could see Karg in a three pack along with Blade and Saurod, and Gwildor being released by himself as a hero at a later date. That way the 3-pack could be more unified. I could also see them never releasing a three pack again past this next one.

A tangible, physical copy that contains them all would be vey nice!!!

A digital copy... not so much. You can read them online now, and many collectors already have the majority of them, so maybe not the best effort.

I can't express how much I would like to see a volume with all the MOTU, NA, and POP minis collected together. And there were some little 200X ones as well, and I would be fine if it had the three, soon to be four, MOTUC comics as well.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; February 5, 2013 at 06:25pm.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Do we know what toy reporting sites (or press people) will be attending the collector event this Sunday night?
    TG said there would be coverage on Mattycollector.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I could see Karg in a three pack along with Blade and Saurod, and Gwildor being released by himself as a hero at a later date. That way the 3-pack could be more unified. I could also see them never releasing a three pack again past this next one.
    It has already been stated by ToyGuru that there are no more planned three packs in this line after the FFM fiasco, and that none were on the original roadmap after FFM.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    It has already been stated by ToyGuru that there are no more planned three packs in this line after the FFM fiasco, and that none were on the original roadmap after FFM.
    What fiasco with the FFM? I love them. I really think the weapons were so creative and genius. I have 3 subs, so I will have a Horde set and a FFM set to open and display. I can understand they are new, but I dont think they are bad by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    What fiasco with the FFM? I love them. I really think the weapons were so creative and genius. I have 3 subs, so I will have a Horde set and a FFM set to open and display. I can understand they are new, but I dont think they are bad by any means.
    I love them too, but IMO it's better if the figures come as singles. Army builders are no big deal, their whole point is to get easy duplicates. But a three pack of unique characters is not only an expensive single item but also a hard situation if one of the three has a problem. You either have to return (or try to return) two absolutely fine figures for the hope you get three good ones in return, or you have to buy two unneeded extras to replace the one bad figure. It's just not a good situation even if you like the characters (maybe especially if you like them because you can just skip the pack if you don't).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I love them too, but IMO it's better if the figures come as singles. Army builders are no big deal, their whole point is to get easy duplicates. But a three pack of unique characters is not only an expensive single item but also a hard situation if one of the three has a problem. You either have to return (or try to return) two absolutely fine figures for the hope you get three good ones in return, or you have to buy two unneeded extras to replace the one bad figure. It's just not a good situation even if you like the characters (maybe especially if you like them because you can just skip the pack if you don't).
    I'm in the camp that loves the FFM. And I had NO CLUE who they were before that panel at SDCC. I think they're the victims of the worst timing in MOTUC ever. Fresh on the heels of Vykron and Demo Man (I love Demo Man), and the Star Sisters 3 pack (which wasn't for everybody), then with their reveals for the first quarter of 2013 combined with poor sub sales, they became the fan community's scapegoat. The price tag doesn't help.
    BUT if the three pack were something highly demanded, like Rock People, or Movie figures (Blade, Saurod, Gwildor), or gave us a good amount of a poorly populated faction like POP or NA, I think people wouldn't mind so much. If it brings us 3 figures closer to a complete collection people will take it better. If it's 3 slots on characters we don't know, that's bad. But if we got Hydron, Flogg, and Crita, or Glimmer, Angella, and Mermista, or Two Bad, Ninjor, Blast Attack, you'd see a lot less complaining me thinks.

The FFM are awesome!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I'm in the camp that loves the FFM. And I had NO CLUE who they were before that panel at SDCC. I think they're the victims of the worst timing in MOTUC ever. Fresh on the heels of Vykron and Demo Man (I love Demo Man), and the Star Sisters 3 pack (which wasn't for everybody), then with their reveals for the first quarter of 2013 combined with poor sub sales, they became the fan community's scapegoat. The price tag doesn't help.
    BUT if the three pack were something highly demanded, like Rock People, or Movie figures (Blade, Saurod, Gwildor), or gave us a good amount of a poorly populated faction like POP or NA, I think people wouldn't mind so much. If it brings us 3 figures closer to a complete collection people will take it better. If it's 3 slots on characters we don't know, that's bad. But if we got Hydron, Flogg, and Crita, or Glimmer, Angella, and Mermista, or Two Bad, Ninjor, Blast Attack, you'd see a lot less complaining me thinks.

The FFM are awesome!
    I'm with u jayson i like them but didn't even know i wanted them until the reveal. However i think a three pack as u said with the right figures would be awesome.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I think a non discounted 3 pack is a horrible idea, now it's $75 in the sub, $81 DOS...., when just last year it was $66 DOS....yeah, now the Star Sisters seem like a bargain in comparison.

MOTUC should have never gone over 2 packs for the prices. The pilots could have been accomplished with 2 2-packs....and included the Wind Raider pilot. Now I like the Foe Men, At least I do until I see reviews and I am swayed one way or the other into finally keeping or selling them. But the Star Sisters, no thanks....ever, I thought I liked Starla, but I have seen more pics that changed my mind, now I don't want any of the three.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I think a non discounted 3 pack is a horrible idea, now it's $75 in the sub, $81 DOS...., when just last year it was $66 DOS....yeah, now the Star Sisters seem like a bargain in comparison.

MOTUC should have never gone over 2 packs for the prices. The pilots could have been accomplished with 2 2-packs....and included the Wind Raider pilot. Now I like the Foe Men, At least I do until I see reviews and I am swayed one way or the other into finally keeping or selling them. But the Star Sisters, no thanks....ever, I thought I liked Starla, but I have seen more pics that changed my mind, now I don't want any of the three.
    I like the Star Sisters, but I really don't like that they came well before so many other POP characters and now we're in a bind. With the Star Sisters that HAD to be a 3 pack. Imagine getting them only one at a time? Or worse, only getting 1 or 2 of the 3 and the line ends? LOL At least we have a full set. Had they never come out we wouldn't know what we were missing, but with so many POP left to do, we know what we're missing there.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

There does seem to be a trend these days to make multipacks and not giving any break to the customer. Really these are quite a good deal for the manufacturers. In Star Wars they give you a couple old reissues and new figure and charge you as much, if not more, then buying invidually. They save on packaging and they make you buy figures you already have, or of inferior quality. I think there should be a couple dollar discount on the multipacks. Now with the army builders, they have loaded them up with heads, armor and weapons, but the Star Sisters was a bit off a rip, simply because it was 3 figures for the same price in one pack. Didnt they all get the same weapon too?