Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    ...it's just every time I hear how "terrible" the Star Sisters are, I get super ****** off we didn't get the versions which most people wanted.
    I think it's nothing more than speculation to say they would've sold better if they resembled the protos.

They would've been more well-received with the people who already wanted them, but to average MOTUC buyers (action figure collectors in general) I don't think they would've won many, if any, converts.

The Star Sisters would have done very well on the after market (they sold very well on MattyCollector, and sold better than the initial Wind Raider, according to Toyguru) if they were made based on the 80's prototypes (which fans were VERY vocal about through threads and polls for a solid 2 years before they were announced). Making a character in the LEAST popular design (when there are 3 different designs for each character), will generally make them less popular. Popularity for the Star Sisters went: Toy prototypes, Filmation, PoP magazine...and the magazine design was chosen.

I'm not trying to beat a "dead Strydor" here, it's just that I get tired of hearing how terrible the Star Sisters are, when in fact...it's the design and colours that were chosen and not the characters themselves. I'm not calling you out or anything...it's just every time I hear how "terrible" the Star Sisters are, I get super ****** off we didn't get the versions which most people wanted. They could have looked like this:
    In the same respect that you get very tired of how people say how terrible the Star Sisters are and sold, I get very tired of hearing how terrible the colors that were chosen for them are. I MUCH prefer the colors given to Tallstar as opposed to the prototype colors. With Jewelstar, I can agree that the darker redish color would have been better, but I love how they turned out exactly the way they did.

Saying the Star Sisters sold better than the Wind Raider isn't remotely fair, since the SS were in the sub and the WR was not. Also, do we REALLY have to start this Star Sister stuff again? Many people don't like them. Many people don't like Snout Spout (and I really like Snout Spout). Let's move on.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Just a little over 3 days now Can't wait to see some new MOTU product and hopefully some carded samples of Snake Face, Octavia, King He-man, and Karatti.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    Do you think we'll see the Wind Raider pilot?
    It's possible. The RUMOUR was that the pilot was going to come with the Wind Raider, but Mattel cut him because of the added cost. IF that's true, the 4H may have sculpted parts of him.

Seeing as we're getting the other pilots as "The Fighting Foe Men" three pack, I would still like to see him get made...and I think it makes him more likely to get made. I'm pretty sure he's the only pilot missing, right?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I think it's nothing more than speculation to say they would've sold better if they resembled the protos.

They would've been more well-received with the people who already wanted them, but to average MOTUC buyers (action figure collectors in general) I don't think they would've won many, if any, converts.
    Yeah, I largely agree with this. The people who REALLY wanted these figures at all really aren't that big of a portion of the fanbase.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Wind Raider pilot? Really? We are going to have 3 pilots in the FFM pack. Do we really need another one??? If it is out of the sub then It doesn't matter to me. Thatīs fine.
    But since the wind rider did not sell as good as they expected IMO I don't think the majority of fans are going to accept a pilot for a vehicle they don't have. Unless it is the coolest figure on earth

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    They could have looked like this:
    Aw, I don't like those custom versions at all, though I do like some ideas from the drawing. Accessories, outfit changes/details. Anything to change the dopey sculpts a little.

Agree on the dead horse. I get irritated when people actually take up for these figures, so I can understand not wanting to hear the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    i would be most pleased with any of these:

. Laser Figures
    YAY for laser fig props! I would LOVE to see these bad boys as the NYCC exclusives or something.

That would have been cool if he came with the Wind Raider. But iconic characters always piloted the Wind Raider, so, I personally don't see the need for him. I guess they would develop some back story for him though. A rouge pilot and warrior trapped on Eternia, aligning himself with the Masters until Duncan helps him fix his ship. Who knows. I can do without that sort of stuff though. For now. I want HUGE reveals!
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

No Spoilers or links to spoilers in this thread please. Please keep spoiler references to the existing spoiler thread. thanks.