Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    There's always got to be a few trolls in any POP-related thread, don't there? And is it just me, or have there been an increasing number of newer members expressing the same anti-POP sentiment and who seemingly have a very similar writing style (e.g., the capitalization--or lack thereof--of "PoP," etc.)? Methinks one or more of the more zealous anti-POP folks is making multiple accounts in order to make their divisive rhetoric seem greater than it actually is.
    I do agree that some folks are very vehement with their "anti-POP sentiment", but you always tell from spelling... PoP is just as valid of a spelling as POP (just like MOTU vs MotU). Also, there are those folks who think POP should be called GR.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Faker78 View Post
    I hope Tung Lashor!
    I hope, too, Tung was one of my faves as a kid, still got the vintage one from my childhood. Modulok, Horde Trooper, Mantenna or Two Bad are welcome, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I'm going to say Horde Troopers as well. We know almost the entire line-up for next year, and we pretty much know the army builder is the Horde Trooper two pack.
    I think it all comes down to the definition of BIG... does BIG mean large or important? Do we know for certain that the BIG character is one of the listed? To me, the definition of BIG is not evident and I am not convinced BIG character is on the list.

Another question I have: Do we know the $50 item is an army builder VS a 2-pack? For example: I could see the $50 item being:

* Two Horde Troopers (with various accessories)... this covers both army builder and two-pack.
    * Tuvar and Baddhra as a 2-pack... you put them together to make Two-Bad... two standard sized figures to make one standard sized-figure. (Or as close to a standard sized figure as Two-Bad has historically been.)

If the definition of BIG is large (and not important), and if the BIG character is not necessarily on the list, then I suspect Calix... and further guess that the white crossbow is his.

I could be completely wrong... but it is fun to speculate.
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Here's an idea, how about show figures for all of the characters on the list?

Each one of them is pivotal to my MOTU world and I want figures of them all!
    While many will agree that each figure can be considered important to fans, Scott has made it very clear that 2014 will focus on higher level characters... So expect Rio Blast before Plundar and expect Mermista before Calix.

Personally, I hope we see Mantenna, Two Bad, and/or Glimmer.

They really need to hold Horder Troopers are the Q1 2014 item to drive sub-sales.
    I really think a Tuvar and Baddhra 2-Pack would be awesome, especially if Two-Bad is that month's single figure as well.
    Last edited by Kowl; January 23, 2013 at 02:51pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I'm hoping for Two Bad or Tung Lashor, but I think we'll get the Horde Troopers and either Glimmer or Castaspella (probably the latter).
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Please Castaspella *fingers crossed*
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Heroic Warrior
    Living in a reality where MOTUC goes on forever and ever and ever.....
    Hoping to see an updated Jungle Attack He-man...

That's awesome news, all ten of those choices are among my top wants so I'm excited for NYTF. That list is 90% POP, if you go the Filmation route like me. Personally, I feel that B & C-List characters are a good thing for 2013. 2014 and beyond was changed to only include heavy hitters and figures that "complete" the line, so this year would be the last one to get the diversity that makes MOTUC shine. So far, most of this year's reveals have followed that formula...Netossa, Fang Man, Jitsu, Karrati, Octavia, Snake Face, and the Fighting Foe Men aren't exactly A-List characters, IMO, but they're very cool additions to the line!

Castaspella, Mermista, or Two Bad would be very cool but then again, all of the names on that list are great choices. My least favorite out of that list is Tung Lashor and I really want him because he was one of the few Snake Men that I had when I was a kid. So this list is all win for me!

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    I'm personally hoping for Glimmer or Castaspella, but I'll be 100% happy with anybody on that list!
    My fan-film "She-Ra : Surely You Jest" is done and live!!! Watch now at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOi64X4E60Y

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I hope it's Disco Mosquitor!!!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    To me Mermista sticks out. I bet it is her.

I am shocked Rio Blast isn't on the list btw.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    I think it all comes down to the definition of BIG... does BIG mean large or important?
    I meant "big" to mean important, or at least most-wanted.

I agree that who is a BIG character can certainly be relative, but since these 10 characters are the top most wanted characters on many lists, then they are big characters to the majority of fans. Some people might not want Scorpia, for example. But she has been at or near the top of many lists for quite some time now.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    I think it all comes down to the definition of BIG... does BIG mean large or important? Do we know for certain that the BIG character is one of the listed? To me, the definition of BIG is not evident and I am not convinced BIG character is on the list.

Another question I have: Do we know the $50 item is an army builder VS a 2-pack? For example: I could see the $50 item being:

* Two Horde Troopers (with various accessories)... this covers both army builder and two-pack.
    * Tuvar and Baddhra as a 2-pack... you put them together to make Two-Bad... two standard sized figures to make one standard sized-figure. (Or as close to a standard sized figure as Two-Bad has historically been.)

If the definition of BIG is large (and not important), and if the BIG character is not necessarily on the list, then I suspect Calix... and further guess that the white crossbow is his.

I could be completely wrong... but it is fun to speculate.
    I wouldn't mind getting the horde troopers, but I REALLY want something along the lines of the idea you have for Two-Bad If it's a Pop character--I'm hoping for Castaspella.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    "Gentlemen, do I have at least one number right???" *beeeep*

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Hmm interesting.

Not Scorpia, too close to Octavia.
    Not Tung Lashor, too close to Snake Face.

We know we have 1 POP, 1 NA, 1 200x, Geldor, Army builder & 1 unknown slot left for the year (unless all that sub talk was hub-bub)...we could see 3 off this list!

I really want Glimmer & Razz, but I've pretty much accepted since Casta is Scott's fav, thats who we are getting. I mean I like her, but Glimmer is basically Teela or MAA for She-Ra. It's stupid she hasn't been released yet.

I'm thrilled with the list, & will gladly take anyone.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    There's always got to be a few trolls in any POP-related thread, don't there? And is it just me, or have there been an increasing number of newer members expressing the same anti-POP sentiment and who seemingly have a very similar writing style (e.g., the capitalization--or lack thereof--of "PoP," etc.)? Methinks one or more of the more zealous anti-POP folks is making multiple accounts in order to make their divisive rhetoric seem greater than it actually is.
    I have nothing against PoP (and I capitalize it as "PoP" 'cause it's "Princess of Power", not "Princess Of Power", but that's neither here nor there), but it's not my cup of tea. And really, why would this be a PoP-exclusive thread? Doesn't that list on the OP have some non-PoP characters too? People are speculating about what could be revealed at NYTF and I'm just stating my opinion that I wish it to be Two-Bad. Nowhere have I said "PoP sucks and anyone who likes PoP sucks too". I said "I can do without PoP". Why? Because that's not my cup of tea. I grew up watching He-Man and playing with Masters of the Universe toys, and that's what I want to buy from MOTUC. How is this "trolling"? Honestly, man, everyone has different tastes and opinions. You should know this.

And by the way, just to make this clear, I have She-Ra, BP She-Ra, Adora, and Swiftwind, so I'm not anti-PoP.
    Last edited by Pancho; January 23, 2013 at 03:36pm.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Hmm interesting.

Not Scorpia, too close to Octavia.
    Not Tung Lashor, too close to Snake Face.

We know we have 1 POP, 1 NA, 1 200x, Geldor, Army builder & 1 unknown slot left for the year (unless all that sub talk was hub-bub)...we could see 3 off this list!

I really want Glimmer & Razz, but I've pretty much accepted since Casta is Scott's fav, thats who we are getting. I mean I like her, but Glimmer is basically Teela or MAA for She-Ra. It's stupid she hasn't been released yet.

I'm thrilled with the list, & will gladly take anyone.
    Agreed. While I'd LOVE Scorpia, she and Tung are too close to Octavia and Snakeface. Mantenna kinda is too.

It's going to be Two Bad or Glimmer/Castaspella. Outside chance for Razz or Mermista.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    For those who are asking if it was said that there is going to be a army builder or not:

Posted on August 6th: http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2810

"Hey MOTU fans, you guys are doing it! We are so close at this point to hitting out goal. We can't move forward without 100% (since that is the absolute bare min to produce these figs at $25.00 a figure).If you have any last min questions I'll try to hit the forums. If you are still on the fence, today is the day to vote for more MOTUC figs by supporting the 2013 sub! Looking at the line up, 2013 really is the strongest year I think we have ever done. We have more POP, NA, Filmation Snake Men, Horde Members and an Army Builder pack fans have been asking for for years now all waiting on the green light for 2013. It really will be a great year and I can't wait to announce the 2013 sub moving forward tomorrow!"
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I say Mantenna... And I hope he is a nice blend between original figure and Filmation with a splash of 200x staction...

1). Mantenna
    2). Two-Bad
    3). Scorpia
    4). Horde Trooper
    5). Tung Lashor
    6). Glimmer
    7). Modulok
    8). Madame Razz/Broom
    9). Mermista
    10). Castaspella

I'm beyond pleased that one of these is a NYTF reveal... my guess would have to be Mermista. Modulok is going to be an oversized slot, so we won't get him in 2013. Horde Troopers are probably going to be the $50 4th quarter slot- but I really wouldn't be expecting to see those any earlier than SDCC as their release would most likely be Nov or Dec. Castaspella is a first wave heavy hitter, and I expect them to drag her out til 2014... and we haven't had a single Wave Two character from PoP yet... so that's why I'm leaning towards Mermista.
    The others... I don't think we'd get more Horde so close to Octavia's release, Two Bad would also be relatively soon after the release of Jitsu as far as Skeletor's gang is concerned... same with Tung Lashor- too close to Snake Face's release. Glimmer is such a big heavy hitter that I wouldn't expect to see her until 2014. And Madame Razz & Broom I don't see being a normal monthly slot- at least not in 2013- because they would be 100% newly tooled figures and I don't see another one of those happening so close to Ram Man.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Taking into consideration that we're due for an avalanche of POP, I'd say Castaspella. Vintage has enough win for this year, might as well save it up for 2014.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

IMVHO, Madame Razz, with Broom & Kowl shall be this year's SDCC special pack. And it'll be revealed next April. Probably there shall be another figure variation for SDCC as well
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I like how Toy Guru said at least 1 will be revealed; could mean more than one. My best guesses would be Horde Trooper(s), Mantenna and/or Two Bad.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I hope it's Disco Mosquitor!!!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    im mostly a lurker so im not trying to stir up trouble but why cant people express any negativity towards POP. i dont care for it at all and would prefer no further figures be made. im a vintage guy. why cant i express that if i want to. its the same as you expressing to make more POP and less vintage. its the exact same thing so can i call you a troll. just because people dont agree with your figure wants doesnt mean they are attacking you. there just expressing what they want the same as you are doing. if you cant handle that i cant imagine how you can handle everyday life.