Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone BIG will be revealed at NYTF!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I have nothing against PoP (and I capitalize it as "PoP" 'cause it's "Princess of Power", not "Princess Of Power", but that's neither here nor there), but it's not my cup of tea. And really, why would this be a PoP-exclusive thread? Doesn't that list on the OP have some non-PoP characters too? People are speculating about what could be revealed at NYTF and I'm just stating my opinion that I wish it to be Two-Bad. Nowhere have I said "PoP sucks and anyone who likes PoP sucks too". I said "I can do without PoP". Why? Because that's not my cup of tea. I grew up watching He-Man and playing with Masters of the Universe toys, and that's what I want to buy from MOTUC. How is this "trolling"? Honestly, man, everyone has different tastes and opinions. You should know this.

And by the way, just to make this clear, I have She-Ra, BP She-Ra, Adora, and Swiftwind, so I'm not anti-PoP.
    You're right; I apologize. I've regretfully become particularly trigger-happy around here when I see people popping in to express an exclusive mentality with regards to what should / should not be in the line. Of course everyone is allowed to like what the want, but that's a whole different thing than saying "no more POP in the line", which is how I interpreted both yours and the other poster's point.

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    im mostly a lurker so im not trying to stir up trouble but why cant people express any negativity towards POP. i dont care for it at all and would prefer no further figures be made. im a vintage guy. why cant i express that if i want to. its the same as you expressing to make more POP and less vintage. its the exact same thing so can i call you a troll. just because people dont agree with your figure wants doesnt mean they are attacking you. there just expressing what they want the same as you are doing. if you cant handle that i cant imagine how you can handle everyday life.
    The problem with the negativity towards POP, in my opinion, is that, all too often, it's so incredibly vitriolic in its manifestation. And, for the record, there is a history here of certain people taking POP's fans' love of the brand and casting aspersions on their personal character (e.g., referring to them as being "less than real boys," and the like)--so, with that in mind, sometimes it does come across as a personal attack. Furthermore, there's often no room for middle-ground with many of those who, like you, would probably refer to themselves as "vintage guys," and that's very frustrating when there's a very vocal subset who's acting like what they want is the only thing that matters. There's a world of difference between articulating that you or I would prefer one character before another, versus hoping that another character never appears at all--something that, again, for the record, you're not going to find most POP and NA fans expressing; that's an opinion that, for the most part, is only expressed by "vintage guys." As for the final bit, I'm fortunate in that, in the real world, I don't have to surround myself with people who are selfish and heterosexist in their point of view--and I'm not saying you are per se, but rather that those types exist on this forum--but unfortunately, this is one of the few places that I can come for the occasional interesting discussion on MOTU and POP.
    Last edited by Telkan2; January 23, 2013 at 04:13pm.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    You're right; I apologize. I've regretfully become particularly trigger-happy around here when I see people popping in to express an exclusive mentality with regards to what should / should not be in the line. Of course everyone is allowed to like what the want, but that's a whole different thing than saying "no more POP in the line", which is how I interpreted both yours and the other poster's point.
    I get you. I've been lurking in this forum for a while now and I've seen some very hard-headed people when it comes to their hate for one faction or another. I'm just saying that I'm not one of those. I don't mind PoP existing 'cause we already knew it was an all-inclusive line, but again, it's not something that insterests me. Well, I lie. Madam Razz and Broom would be a must-have for me (actually, for my wife, whom I buy PoP for), same as with Shadow Weaver (whom I'll never, ever own), but if I have to choose between someone like Castaspella or Mermista and Two Bad or Modulok or Mantenna, I'm choosing one of the monsters.

Oh deary my if it's Madame Razz and Broom. That would be fantastic! I would also be very happy for Glimmer, Castaspella, Modulok and Mantenna too.

Since Octavia is coming out later in the year I doubt we'll get Scorpia so soon, since they are very similar. Same thing goes for Tung Lashor since Snakeface will be April's figure.
    Last edited by swind15; January 23, 2013 at 04:26pm.

POP should expect to surge with the effort to get all the remaining orignal figs redone. There is hope for you guys.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    im mostly a lurker so im not trying to stir up trouble but why cant people express any negativity towards POP. i dont care for it at all and would prefer no further figures be made. im a vintage guy. why cant i express that if i want to. its the same as you expressing to make more POP and less vintage. its the exact same thing so can i call you a troll. just because people dont agree with your figure wants doesnt mean they are attacking you. there just expressing what they want the same as you are doing. if you cant handle that i cant imagine how you can handle everyday life.
    I think it's about being respectful of others who also collect this line.

As long as you get your vintage figures and the POP fans get theirs, there shouldn't a problem. Remember, you aren't the only one collecting MOTUC. POP fans want their favorite characters, the same as you do. They aren't saying that there shouldn't be any Vintage characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    What's the purpose of this thread? Are we guessing or do you have some kind of insider knowledge? ...or is this just your twist on an existing thread?

Since the Ultimate Battleground 2, isn't it all ONE big universe with good guys/girls vs. bad guys/girls? I don't get why some people hate this and some people hate that. Stop being stuck in the 80's people.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    For those who are asking if it was said that there is going to be a army builder or not:

Posted on August 6th: http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2810

"Hey MOTU fans, you guys are doing it! We are so close at this point to hitting out goal. We can't move forward without 100% (since that is the absolute bare min to produce these figs at $25.00 a figure).If you have any last min questions I'll try to hit the forums. If you are still on the fence, today is the day to vote for more MOTUC figs by supporting the 2013 sub! Looking at the line up, 2013 really is the strongest year I think we have ever done. We have more POP, NA, Filmation Snake Men, Horde Members and an Army Builder pack fans have been asking for for years now all waiting on the green light for 2013. It really will be a great year and I can't wait to announce the 2013 sub moving forward tomorrow!"
    Knowing how Scott tends to speak, it means that at least 2 fans have mentioned wanting these Army Builders more than one time since 2011. That would make this a true statement and means that this could be just about any 2 pack of army builders you can think of. Has two fans asked for an army of NA Scientists? Scary. I truly think the intention was to make us believe it was Horde Troopers, but it could be Skeletors Hover Bots. Lets not disappoint ourselves by reading too much into this very generic statement.

There are 6 of those characters that would make me a very happy dude! Good odds!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'd be happy with anyone from number 1-8 on the list, with Modulock and Tung Lashor being the least important to me of 1-8, and any of the rest being awesome and amazing (no offense to 9 and 10.... I have no problems with those figures being produced in the line, they just won't bring me any excitement if they are announced).

Horde Troopers have already been heavily rumored/hinted at, so while I hope they do get revealed, I hope that they aren't the only thing revealed from that list since IMO it wouldn't be much of a "surprise", though it will be a very welcomed official announcement.

It was phrased as "at least one" from that list in the reply, so they could potentially reveal more than one. 1-4, 6, and 8 are all on my "MUST HAVE BEFORE THE LINE ENDS" list, so having any of them announced would be amazing!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I meant "big" to mean important, or at least most-wanted.

I agree that who is a BIG character can certainly be relative, but since these 10 characters are the top most wanted characters on many lists, then they are big characters to the majority of fans. Some people might not want Scorpia, for example. But she has been at or near the top of many lists for quite some time now.
    Hi. Thanks for clarifying. I'd pretty much love everything from the list. Here's hoping that we get them all!
    Say cheese!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think it's about being respectful of others who also collect this line.

As long as you get your vintage figures and the POP fans get theirs, there shouldn't a problem. Remember, you aren't the only one collecting MOTUC. POP fans want their favorite characters, the same as you do. They aren't saying that there shouldn't be any Vintage characters.

i get that, but im tired of seeing post after post complaining about someone requesting a D list MOTU character over a B list POP character and than POP fans taking exception to it. honestly most B POP characters are F MOTU characters. after a while it honestly comes off of just crying. im not saying it shouldnt exist because characters like shera would be highly demanded. but stop crying if most people want two bad and you take exception because glimmer hasnt been made yet. easiest thing mattel could have done was make a line of just MOTU and a line of just POP. you know for a fact MOTU would far outsell POP and have a longer run. so while i get you want POP characters added you cant be mad that the lines not a 50/50 split. be happy you even get 80/20 because lets face it most people want vintage characters. so why shouldnt mattel listen to that instead of appeasing the smaller POP crowd. far more people are thrilled to get jitsu this month than netossa last month. im just looking at the facts. now if you want to argue mattel should make POP over made up characters like the FFM than thats a battle i will let you win.
    Last edited by classic; January 23, 2013 at 04:45pm.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting the horde troopers, but I REALLY want something along the lines of the idea you have for Two-Bad If it's a Pop character--I'm hoping for Castaspella.
    Thanks! Glad you like the idea. The reason why I think it could be viable is because I envision putting both "halves" of Two-Bad together the same way you'd potentially put together both halves of Blast-Attak. Assuming that Blast-Attak gets made, the re-use for Tuvar and Baddhra as a 2-pack to make Two-Bad could be a really good way to reuse a buck that, otherwise, would be very special case. (My opinion.)

If it is a POP character, I'd love Glimmer or Castaspella. I will admit that Pixel-Dan's idea for Disco Mosquitor could be cool too, though...
    Say cheese!!!

Its 50/50 for me five on the list i'd be excited for 5 not so much. Out of the 5 i would be excited about three would make me very happy indeed

The only reason I'm skeptical is that Scott, intentionally or not, has his own coded vocabulary. When he's responding to questions on figures coming soon, he'll decline to comment "I can''t comment on any figures after Clamp Champ" etc. But when people ask about things not on the drawing board he'll say "There's honestly no answer to that, because we haven't looked into that figure yet." Scott has given the latter answer on Horde Trooper questions a few times as of late.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I don't even care who it is off that list. I want ANY and ALL of them!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I personally think it will be Glimmer. It will be a crime if she isn't released in 2013. Two-Bad and Mantenna should be saved for the 2014 sub. If we burn through the rest of the demanded Masters figures we might never see some of the characters from the other factions. It really bugs the crap out of me that there is such a division in Masters fans. I can understand not liking a particular faction, but to completly rule it out is plain stupid. The Horsemen have given us some awesome figures and I think Na and Pop so far have been fantastic additions to line/brand expansion.

I myself was never really a huge fan of Na, but the characters released thus far have really turned out great. They blend in perfectly with the other figures and add another dimension. I would never just not give Na a chance because I didn't collect it as a kid/ and have no connection to the characters. Personally I get excited with every reveal and the more obscure the character the bigger the surprise is for me. I was in awe when they revealed Netossa!! I've always been a sucker for the unexpected, it makes things interesting.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Knowing how Scott tends to speak, it means that at least 2 fans have mentioned wanting these Army Builders more than one time since 2011. That would make this a true statement and means that this could be just about any 2 pack of army builders you can think of. Has two fans asked for an army of NA Scientists? Scary. I truly think the intention was to make us believe it was Horde Troopers, but it could be Skeletors Hover Bots. Lets not disappoint ourselves by reading too much into this very generic statement.
    I was merely pointing pit that he did confirm that there would be a army builder set. I assume that will be the $50 item that people speculate could be a beast or Modulock or whatever.

As for what the army builder will be, we don't know, but most people assume that it will be Horde Troopers. It is possible that it is Skeletor's Hover Robots, but I think if the army builder is anyone but Horde Troopers there are going to be some grumpy people.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Sticking to B & C list characters for the remainder of 2013 would be a bad idea. It would give people the impression that 2014 would offer more of that and I think subscriptions would continue to decline drastically. The lineup needs to reflect the most demanded characters going forward because the B & C listers aren't going to keep enough people coming back at the current prices.
    On the other hand, if you fill up the remainder of 2013 with A-listers, then people will KNOW 2014 will be nothing but B- and C-listers.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Of the list, I think Castaspella, Glimmer, or Mermista would be the most fair. Not that the line has been about fairness, but we've got a lot of great rebellion members to go and so far there's only one in 2013. Tong Lashor seems believable too, but I'd rather have more GR members than a completed Snake Men roster. And above all other vintage toy characters, I'm hoping most for Ninjor now anyway.

RE Horde Troopers, they've said for sure that the 4th quarter item will be an army builder, right? Otherwise, how big of an upset would it be if that slot went to Modulok?

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    On the other hand, if you fill up the remainder of 2013 with A-listers, then people will KNOW 2014 will be nothing but B- and C-listers.
    Yeah, I agree, but also they've already said 2013 was plotted with the old road map so they've got their excuse if certain characters people want do not appear this year.
    Last edited by gbagok; January 23, 2013 at 04:58pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I think it will be Mermista. I say hold these figs for the 2014 sub to sell :

Jan : Glimmer
    Feb: Two-Bad
    March: Scorpia
    Q1 Bonus ; Horde Troopers
    Sub Fig : King Miro

I think that will sell the sub. I'm in anyway they go.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    i get that, but im tired of seeing post after post complaining about someone requesting a D list MOTU character over a B list POP character and than POP fans taking exception to it. honestly most B POP characters are F MOTU characters. after a while it honestly comes off of just crying. im not saying it shouldnt exist because characters like shera would be highly demanded. but stop crying if most people want two bad and you take exception because glimmer hasnt been made yet. easiest thing mattel could have done was make a line of just MOTU and a line of just POP. you know for a fact MOTU would far outsell POP and have a longer run. so while i get you want POP characters added you cant be mad that the lines not a 50/50 split. be happy you even get 80/20 because lets face it most people want vintage characters. so why shouldnt mattel listen to that instead of appeasing the smaller POP crowd. far more people are thrilled to get jitsu this month than netossa last month. im just looking at the facts. now if you want to argue mattel should make POP over made up characters like the FFM than thats a battle i will let you win.
    Well, thank God someone is looking at the "facts," and was here to inform us that we are not only out of touch with reality, but should be grateful that--after spending our equally hard-earned money supporting this line for the last four years--we have nine POP characters and one horse, compared to a staggering amount of vintage MOTU figures. Can you please tell me where exactly you came up with these "facts"?

Now, please excuse me while I go "Flogg" myself for daring to think that my opinion as to who qualifies for "B", "D" and "F" status matters.

oliver_twist_david_lean_0.jpg
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    For those who are asking if it was said that there is going to be a army builder or not:

Posted on August 6th: http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2810

"Hey MOTU fans, you guys are doing it! We are so close at this point to hitting out goal. We can't move forward without 100% (since that is the absolute bare min to produce these figs at $25.00 a figure).If you have any last min questions I'll try to hit the forums. If you are still on the fence, today is the day to vote for more MOTUC figs by supporting the 2013 sub! Looking at the line up, 2013 really is the strongest year I think we have ever done. We have more POP, NA, Filmation Snake Men, Horde Members and an Army Builder pack fans have been asking for for years now all waiting on the green light for 2013. It really will be a great year and I can't wait to announce the 2013 sub moving forward tomorrow!"

He said alot during the sub drive. Now, 6 months later most of what he said has turned out to be BS. I'll get excited AFTER toy fare....maybe.

There are six characters on that list that I feel are must haves, for me. The other four I wouldn't complain about although there are only 2 of them I'd probably keep. That being said, I'm still rooting for Two-Bad as he is my last must have Skeletor lackey and I'ld like to have at least one of my factions complete before the line ends.

Well that is all your opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The issue is when people take their opinion and make it dominate over other's opinions.

I would much prefer Kowl be released before Rio Blast. That is my opinion. It doesn't make "your" desire for Rio Blast (or insert vintage MOTU name here) any more or any less worthy.

I also have zero interest in New Adventures characters since I have no connection with them, but that doesn't mean fans don't deserve a NA character that is on their wish list.

It is when someone says stuff like "Kowl (or insert other PoP name here) is stupid and only girls/gays like that character. Only vintage toy MOTU are important" that it becomes an issue.

See the difference?

Also, in regards to your Netossa vs Jitsu comment... Netossa was a wave 3 (final wave) character and doesn't hold the same "weight" that other more prevelant characters like Glimmer, Kowl, Angella do. You can't compare Netossa to Jitsu. If you compare a last wave MOTU (or D list as your call them) to Jitsu... Who would you be more excited over? I'm sure Jitsu peaks your interest more than Rokkon. Using the same logic, Glimmer is much more exciting to the PoP fan than Netossa. Of course, that is also my opinion and there are folks that love Netossa (or Rokkon) that might disagree with me.
    Last edited by Kowl; January 23, 2013 at 05:33pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella