Thread: Idea for Another Official Matty Poll

Heroic Warrior

Idea for Another Official Matty Poll

Since those who are still buying the line at the same levels they always have are not supposed to vote in the current Matty poll, how about we suggest that Matty do another poll that includes every buyer, those who remain enthusiastic included.

It could even have the same answers as the current poll. All they need to do is change to the question right here:

What is the number one thing Mattel can do to improve the MOTUC line?

Mods — I'm sorry if this wasn't the best place for it. Just wanted Scott to see it as well.

Who's with me?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm in.

My answers are look to Amazon.com for better shipping, get rid of Digital River, replace Reuben and better Quality Control.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I suspect the number one thing they could do would be to axe Digital River. If Matty were to make an announcement that they are transferring to a more competent, well-known shipper such as Amazon, I suspect we'd see people return in droves.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    I suspect the number one thing they could do would be to axe Digital River. If Matty were to make an announcement that they are transferring to a more competent, well-known shipper such as Amazon, I suspect we'd see people return in droves.
    If they went with Amazon and the figures were Prime eligible, the Prime membership would be less than what DR charges currently for all shipments in a year.

Heroic Warrior
    A new poll is a good idea. It would have given them an idea of the percentage between disgruntled former buyers compared to current enthusiastic buyers. I'm no longer as excited about the line as I was during the first two years because the novelty has worn off to some degree. I mean, the line no longer really makes me feel like a kid anymore (though with Rammy and Jitsu next month, it might!). But I still love it and will stick with it to the end. Now that the golden power sword was released with the new He-Man DVDs, the only two MOTUC products I don't own are the She-Ra/SuperGirl TRU two pack and the golden power sword from the DVDs.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm in.

My answers are look to Amazon.com for better shipping, get rid of Digital River, replace Reuben and better Quality Control.
    Wow... few words... I totally agree!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

I'm in.

That about sums it up

Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    I'm in.

This. 100% agree
    But , to be honest, i think it would be rather ridiculous if we need to answer that question. We have been asking this for years now, they know exactly what we want and need, isn't it?
    We are ka-tet. We are one from many

Don't hesitate in make deals with: JeMaBo2, air23cnhit.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tsubasamaxi View Post
    This. 100% agree
    But , to be honest, i think it would be rather ridiculous if we need to answer that question. We have been asking this for years now, they know exactly what we want and need, isn't it?
    That's true, but with the drastic decline in subs, a poll might actually get them to listen. Seems like TG, at least, is somewhat concerned about the fate of the line past 2013.

ya, I agree. Some kind of option to say, hey I do still support the line choice would be nice for those of us who do.
    ... kinda feels like a poll that is a bad/bad reaction... regardless as it is right now.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I agree with this, and actually said something kind of like this in the thread about the poll. I'm sure that there are many collecting who are at least considering the possibility of quitting. And even those who don't plan to quit I'm sure would love to see some of the headaches related to collecting this line relieved. The other flaw with the current poll is that you can only pick one option. Even if one issue stands out for some people more so than others, I'm sure for many it was a combination of many issues. By voting for only one, it basically lets the others "off the hook". The only option would be to choose "other" and write in the combo of issues, but that's not going to give very accurate statistical results since the specific write-in answers from anyone who chooses "other" will vary.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    That's true, but with the drastic decline in subs, a poll might actually get them to listen. Seems like TG, at least, is somewhat concerned about the fate of the line past 2013.
    Listening is one thing, acting is what they've needed to do since the site opened. It's obvious by now that whatever contract Mattel entered into with DR precludes Mattel from dropping them no matter how many times or how badly they fail to live up to their end. Mattel has stated in more than one case, in writing on a public forum, that DR did not live up to their commitments, and yet we still have them. We should have known someone at Mattel bungled the job when we found out Mattel couldn't initially post news on the website bearing their name and had to open a Facebook page to do so. They may be completely and totally incapabale of running a website, but apparently someone at DR was smart enough to see Mattel coming and roped them into a deal they can't back out of. No company would tolerate the damage to their name and reputation that DR has inflicted year after year on Mattel if they had a way out.

Dropping DR and shifting the entire thing to a folder/pages on the regular Mattel e-tail site would be enough for me to start buying directly from them again. But it' obvious by now that this isn't going to happen, so all the polls in the world aren't going to do any good. As long as DR is running the site, the line will contiunue its downward slide, so there's really not much to be hopeful for in the long term.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'm glad to see this thread as the other is not a place for me ... I'm buying more than ever before and am ultra excited to see what Filmation characters Matty line up for us. Plus if you consider Granamyr, Grayskull the options for the line seem limitless if we could just keep the fans enthused!

I'm thinking the Collector ... Skeletor's bone throne ... we haven't yet seen a vintage sized Screeech wich seems to me to be almost a must beast because a giant attacking bird that could carry off a warrior makes more sense than the pet we already have (and it could be re-issued as vintage sized Zoar for those who like options).

Then there is always the great hope that if demand remains, Mattel might eventually look at obtaining the movie rights for a God Skeletor and a Karg figure (and maybe a new head to put on the TOD Sorceress to make movie Sorceress).

My main suggestion for attracting the fans back would be (like everyone else) to fix the shipping costs. The figures themselves, and the mix of factions, I remain extremely happy with.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    I'm in.

Pretty much sums it up. Though I'd rank getting rid of Reuben first - the one thing you used to be able to count on in this line was the figures themselves, but ever since he came on board the decisions directly attributed to him have made even that shaky. I'm not talking "I don't like the version of this character as they were classics-ized", but simply the poor decisions made on things like Sorceress drums, making Stinkor "pop" with reversed limbs, Frosta look like dirty snow, etc.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Pretty much sums it up. Though I'd rank getting rid of Reuben first - the one thing you used to be able to count on in this line was the figures themselves, but ever since he came on board the decisions directly attributed to him have made even that shaky. I'm not talking "I don't like the version of this character as they were classics-ized", but simply the poor decisions made on things like Sorceress drums, making Stinkor "pop" with reversed limbs, Frosta look like dirty snow, etc.
    I'm hesitant to single out someone who hasn't really had a platform to defend himself. We're told that "this or that was Reuben's decision," but we don't really know the circumstances around these decisions or if others were involved. It may be that Reuben is the villain here, or it may be that he's a convenient scapegoat (I am firmly convinced that Stinkor's forearms were just another blunder, not a design choice, as evidenced by the exact same problem occurring only a few months later on Frosta).

TG and the Horsemen have contact with the fans, and can answer any accusations firsthand. Reuben doesn't, and demonizing someone who has no way to answer back based on what others have said is something I do have a bit of a problem with.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman