Thread: Lost Eternia: The Setting (Read this first!)

Lost Eternia: The Setting (Read this first!)

This story sets the stage for my Lost Eternia custom project. If you read this first, then you can understand more about the backgrounds of all the characters. Then stroll down and check out my customs for the total experience. Comments, questions and anything whatsoever is welcome. Thanks for looking and have fun ... I sure did!

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    Sounds very cool! GREAT CONCEPT! Can't wait to see all the threads...Is Skeletor dead tho?

WOW ,all your customs are great too
    Very awesome job man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmurf76
    Sounds very cool! GREAT CONCEPT! Can't wait to see all the threads...Is Skeletor dead tho?
    I'll give an Ian Richter response ... Well, yes but anything is possible.

Orginal to do something like this. very impressive
    Hope to see more.........................

A whole custom toyline. Very impressive. I applaud you for taking the story in extreme new directions and putting so much work into the figures.

-Northy-

TOKYONEVER: Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Da Dude: Thanks as well! Hmmm ... to see more, eh? ...

The Northlander: Thanks to you too.

This has been a labor of love. It's actually relieving to finally get it out there. I'm having a congratulatory beer as we speak. I know the storyline is extreme but it had to be this way. Originally there was no Deadla at all. Many things were reworked as time went on as different stories, characters and events were fleshed out.

There was a plan to do an introductory comic plus illustrations of each character which still might happen. But my art skills aren't what they used to be and this monster has just been eating up so much of my time that it had to be "abandoned" at some point. We'll see what happens.
    Last edited by G-Man; April 28, 2005 at 10:56pm.

Very impressive work G-Man!! I cant say I have warmed to all the characters just yet but from what I have seen so far I do like!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo
    Very impressive work G-Man!! I cant say I have warmed to all the characters just yet but from what I have seen so far I do like!
    Thanks man! I appreciate it. I can say that (and I've been coy about this but I can't keep a secret) there are characters in Wave II that are (IMO) much stronger than Wave I.

Some were planned to be in Wave I but in order to tell the story I had to shuffle them around. The characters in Wave II have more distinct "action features" and I believe they take it to the next level. My personal favorite is in Wave II and I think (hope) y'all will really dig him as well.

*PS - It'll be a little while before those get posted. I need to take a little break and do some other projects that my wife has been complaining to me about!

Here I am G-Man!
    LOST ETERNIA is a lot of Goodness to digest!

1 Lost Eternia He-Man
    I love this He-Variant you have created. The braided hair is a terrific nod the the 4H sketch/design. I really like the way you handled the armor on this figure - and I especially like the dark grey you used for the armor and the Weapons. Ah - the Weapons - love the dark grey axe... I like the axe painted this way ... to me it looks much better than the packaged axe colors. What you did with the sword is just Excellent - I like that a lot... I'd like to see you push that concept a bit further though and integrate the handles of the swords into the shafts a bit more - your idea is Too Good - make it perfect!
    The paint work on this Lost Eternia He-Man is terrific. I appreciate the darkness around his eyes - to me it beckons questions about the character - which is a good thing! It helps to further distinguish this He-Man character from the one we are familiar with even more... which is appropriate - since there are many questions surrounding He-Man's return in the world of LOST ETERNIA!

2 Deadla
    Deadla is one ugly hag! I think she is terrific. I love the way you seamlessly integrated different parts/details to create this unique figure. The color choices remind me of Hordak - What is the connection?!!! I was thinking that I'd really like to see Deadla with long flowing hair or perhaps a more feminine face - but don't change her - she is perfect in my mind - what I think I am really looking to see is a figure of Deadla's alter ego: Queen Dayla! I'll be expecting a Queen Dayla figure to be included in LOST ETERNIA Wave 2.

3 Slither
    Slither is just terrific! I love all of the details - the weapons and accessories for this guy are great! The hood and cloak is just amazing! How did you do that? Although I like Slither very much I am a bit conflicted about his face. On one level I think that the face looks terrific and you have done an amazing job integrating the face into the hood and along with the rest of the figure - Seamless! The conflict for me arises with the fact that the face is Man-E-Faces monster face... It is difficult for me to see past this ... especially since I have a half completed full on monster Man-E custom with the same face staring back at me at my work table all of time! that is just me - it is a personal subjective thing - I'd prefer to see a more snake-like or lizard like head on this guy. Slither actually reminds me of Lizardman a bit with the hood he has on... Hmmm. I don't want to come across as being overly critical of this guy.. so please allow me to finish off here by reiterating what I started with: Slither is just terrific!

4 Brutikus
    Brutikus is amazing! I think he is my favorite! Well I'm not sure if he is my One favorite - but I really like this guy. The face and beard are very striking! The armor details, helmet and knee guards all work together very nicely.**I love the huge upper body
    on this character -- he is a real monster.**His companion Ice wolf is a great addition - essential I think - Although the character is a truly depraved man - giving him a familiar companion reminds us that he
    is/was a man and is not just some monstrous beast!**I lovethis guy - The colors are terrific and the paints apps and photography - as with the other Lost Eternia Figure - is Top Notch!

5 War-Head
    War-Head is just too cool! There are so many details and armaments on this guy - he is great! I love that all of the details are so cleanly integrated. You've made a custom figure that looks extremely fun and playable! I don't know which parts are from where or what parts are sculpted... A good thing - War-Head is just excellent!

6 Dino-Czar
    Something about this guy just lures me in. Dino-Czar is among my favorites of the 6 Lost Eternia Figures you have presented so far. I love them all... I love Din-Czar More - hahahhaha. Dino-Czar's colors his claws, his feet, his tail, his head, his "head-dress"/helmet it all fits together so perfectly. I like that Dino-Czar is so unique - he i a dinosaur guy INSIDE of a Dinosaur! I THINK HE IS GREAT! I WANT ONE!

All of these LOST ETERNIA figures are Great G-Man!
    I am looking forward to LOST ETERNIA Wave 2 Please!

Here is J-Sun's Lost Eternia Wave 2 Wishlist:
    Queen Dayla I'd love to see your vision for Deadla's alter ego.

Marauders At least two different Evil Marauder Figures.**After seeing the first 6 Lost Eternia Characters I imagine that the Maurauders would be very unique figures! Perhaps one can be a person/warrior from Brutikus' Kingdom...

Another Lost Eternia Hero!

Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

Thanks for taking the time to talk J-Sun!

I'll respond to the individuals in the other threads but as far as the future of Lost Eternia goes ... there is an unexpected warrior from the past that will be showing up and an unlikely set of heroes as well.

Marauders: Originally, they were a larger band of warriors but I decided to balance the waves out (3 and 3) so Wave II will be the same way. *War-Head would have been a Marauder but it just wasn't in him to use his power for evil. I see him as more of a "Punisher" type of hero.

You are right about Brutikus. He will have a "right-hand" man.

My idea for Wave I was to have Deadla as the overlord, Brutikus as the general and Dino-Czar as the techno-whiz and field leitenant. Bruty and Dino would be an indestructable team but would always be at eachothers' throats. That would work against them as their egos would be just too big. Don't worry, the next three Marauders are ready and one of them is similar to what you guys may have seen before ... but never like this.

There will be one more distinct hero in Wave II and a Zodac-like character (although nothing like the cosmic enforcers looks-wise) and another wildcard player.

I'm sorry to say that Queen Dayla isn't in Wave II ... BUT ... I definitely have plans to do her in Wave III which is still in its planning stage. That's gonna be a long while though. And if 2-Bad permits, I'll work in his Abraxis character from the new challenge. (Which I'm finally coming out of my shell and participating in!!)

For anyone interested ...

Raving Toy Maniac posted Lost Eternia on their custom section. It's a bit easier than browsing through all of the threads I've compiled here. Next time I will condense Wave II into a smaller thread scheme. Maybe two threads of three or something. I just didn't want to create too heavy of a thread with like 30 images.

Anyway, for the comprehensive look, check here! http://www.toymania.com/custom/

Thanks for looking!!

EXCELLENT!

Your Presentation really shines in that format!
    Well Done!

Having your work posted over at RTM will REALLY increase your works VISIBILITY!

Cool!
    Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

I'm sorry it took me so long to read this and post on it. First: the graphic presentation is awesome. So professional looking (of course you are a graphic artist, aren't you? ), it really helps to pull in attention and give a feeling for the power struggle. The origin tale of Lost Eternia is too short. that's my only complaint here. I want to read more... so I go now to post on the individual tales.

THANK YOU G-MAN
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

nemesis15425: Thanks again! I struggled with keeping the story short and making the transition to Lost Eternia. I can see where it may be too short there. I did edit it quite a bit at one point. Maybe I'll go back and add to that part. ...

Evil Henchman of Hordak Louis649's Avatar
    Man that's a kick ass story. I like it and let me feed your ego: YOU ARE A GENIUS!
    I'm Skeletor, master of evil! All of you should show respect for the awful one.

I am Grizzlor #1 fan!

blako
    I LOVE this concept!!!! I just want to say sorry for taking soooo long to give feedback on all of your work. I am enjoying taking my time reading all the bios and stories for each figure and I don't want to give feedback based on pics alone. The stories you have come up with really add to the depth of the characters you have created. Really GOOD STUFF!!!!

Blako

Louis649: Thanks!

blako: Hey thanks again man! I appreciate you taking the time to drop me a line! It was quite a task putting this together but worth it in my eyes.

P.S. I'm toying with the idea of doing a Lost Eternia playset someday. Now that'd be really something.

Heroic Warrior
    Ok, I wish I had read this first. Is there any place where I can view all the customs in this series?

not only am I super-impressed.....but I'm hooked.

"My name is Tyke. And I'm a Lost-Eterniaholic."
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Raving Toy Maniac posted Lost Eternia on their custom section. It's a bit easier than browsing through all of the threads I've compiled here. Next time I will condense Wave II into a smaller thread scheme. Maybe two threads of three or something. I just didn't want to create too heavy of a thread with like 30 images.

Anyway, for the comprehensive look, check here! http://www.toymania.com/custom/

Thanks for looking!!
    G-MAN: that link only takes us to a collection of galleries (haha, i see my old OLD OLD gallery on there!).....I don't see "lost eternia" anywhere on there....do you have a link directly to the gallery? i'd love to have all of 'em on one page, too
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Dear Mattel; Make. This. Canon, Damnit!!