Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Gauging Fan Interest In Another Animated Program such as HE-MAN !!

WWE Gauging Fan Interest In Another Animated Program such as HE-MAN !!

WWE planning more animated films?:
    Judging from a survey recently sent out to fans it seems WWE are planning another animated movie. WWE are currently co-producing a Scooby-Doo animated movie that will feature WWE talent as characters.

Here’s what the survey asks…

Thank you for participating in the survey. Your complete and honest answers will help us better serve you and other members of the WWE Universe in the future.

What is your exact age?

Do you have any children under the age of 18 living in your household who are WWE fans?

How many times in an average month do you watch cartoons or animated programs?

Do you like any of the following cartoons or animated programs?
    The Smurfs
    The Rugrats
    Alvin and the Chipmunks
    The Flintstones
    Justice League
    He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
    Looney Tunes
    Scooby Doo
    Tom and Jerry
    None of the above

Does your household own any of the following cartoons or animated programs on DVD? Select all that apply.
    Looney Tunes
    Alvin and the Chipmunks
    The Rugrats
    Tom and Jerry
    The Smurfs
    Justice League
    Scooby Doo
    The Flintstones
    None of the above

WWE will co-produce an action packed Scooby-Doo animated movie that will feature WWE Superstars and Divas including Triple H, John Cena, Kane, The Miz, Santino Marella, AJ, Brodus Clay, Sin Cara and WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon. These WWE Superstars will appear in an animated form helping their friends Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne and Fred solve an exciting mysterious case at WrestleMania.

If WWE Superstars were to appear in another animated program, which of the following properties would you be most interested in seeing partnered with WWE?
    The Smurfs
    The Flintstones
    Looney Tunes (e.g., Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, etc.)

Which of these three properties would you be most interested in seeing partnered with WWE?
    The Rugrats
    Justice League (e.g., Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc.)
    Alvin and the Chipmunks

And which of these three properties would you be most interested in seeing partnered with WWE?
    Tom and Jerry
    Scooby Doo

Of the three animated programs you selected, which would you be most interested in seeing partnered with WWE?
    The Rugrats
    The Flintstones

What is your race / ethnicity?

Which of the following ranges best describes your total annual household income (before taxes)?

Source: http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/ww...mated-program/

W-what? It would be cartoon movie with He-man teaming up with WWE stars? While fun to see He-man in animated form... I am not sure what WWE stars would do in the movie. I guess it could be entertaining in Robot Chicken silly style?

Not really feeling this. I would love a new cartoon, just not a crossover with WWF stars.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Oh...god...no.

While it would be good exposure for the brand, the thought of potentially setting an adventure at WrestleMania sounds boring to me.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Oh dear God! I'd rather do without than have WWE in charge of a MOTU movie!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Nooo!!! Keep pro-wrestling away from my sci-fantasy, or childhood cartoons. All of them.

I'd venture if one would be made, it would be a fish out of water story. Like a few of the WWE wrestlers being transported to Eternia and/or a few MOTU characters being transported to Earth and trying to find their way home. It could be fun and nothing to take too seriously. I don't think a one shot direct to DVD/Blu-Ray movie would hurt anything.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Maybe this has to do with the WWE Network starting sometime in 2013?
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

No. Just no.

Please, everyone the received a flyer, vote for the Flintstones...
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

"What is your race/ethnicity?"

Question out of left field...why is this important?

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    If Blade or Tri-Klops gets the chance to permanently rid John Cena and The Miz from the universe, I'm all for this!!!

If the only way to get a MOTU cartoon or movie made is to stomach wrestling, I'll pass.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    If the only way to get a MOTU cartoon or movie made is to stomach wrestling, I'll pass.
    Wait, you don't like professional wrestling???

Ugh. No. Just... no. As much as I'd love to see some animated movies or a new series, if it means having to have WWE involved I'd rather it just not happen.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Sure, if it meant more exposure for MOTU. Before MOTU had it's own DC mini-series, He-Man had to team up with Superman twice.

While a team-up with WWE characters wouldn't be the most popular idea with fans, MOTU could use the exposure to NEW fans. If successful, it could kick off MOTU's OWN new cartoon series.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

No, not really, I kind of think stuff like that is cheesy, it may work for Scooby, it kind of did in the original series, but no, not for He-Man. I suppose maybe for a couple shorts, if it were to re popularize MOTU, but I don't see it working too well for an entire movie or something. Only on Filmation it seems is earth tied to Eternia, so therefore it would only work if you used a Filmation based storyline.

Otherwise, NO. I'd love to see a new MOTU cartoon, like Filmation, but modern, no CG, no Anime, no hyper styling, I liked Yugi-Oh! but I don't want He-Man-Oh! a real old school styled cartoon.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm a bit confused - would it actually be the wrestlers appearing as themselves in the series or would they just be doing voice overs? The Condemned was a WWE film (I think) but didnt focus on wrestling even though it had Steve Austin in it as was Triple H in X-Men.

If they are just doing voice overs I am cool with this but I dont think (hope) they would include actual personalities into these series (how on earth would Kane work in the Flinstones for example!)

More information required!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I smell a ratings bonanza!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Snappy Threader
    Disclaimer: I am a HUGE WWE fan.

I think this could be really cool. I mean, even if it is a bit awkward haveing WWE Superstars team up with out MOTU heroes, it would be good exposure for the MOTU brand. Sure, it might be a bit off compared to what we are used to, but it couldn't possibly be any more campy than some of the Filmation toons (which I also love a great deal). I think it would be really awesome.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Agreed!

As much as I'd like to have He-Man return in some form, I sure as hell don't want it tied in with "pro" wrestling. I know its been talked about in other threads and on RGD about how some wrestlers grew up with He-Man and take influence from him, but it's still not something that should be tied in with it.

I mean no offense to any wrestling fans, but I just find it to be the most ridiculous nonsense there is. It's more of a bad soap opera than it is a sport, and I've never understood the appeal of it. Keep it the hell away from MOTU!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

yeah.....let's just keep these two things as far away from each other as possible. MOTU is one thing that the McMahons can keep their hands OFF

No... "Pro" Wrestling does not belong anywhere near He-Man, or Scooby Doo for that fact!)... No No No

Sorry Pixel Dan
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Snappy Threader
    Friends, I understand your points. I just don't see how the added exposure could hurt. That's all. If bringing in kids and adults who don't normally go for MOTU and they would watch the cartoon with the WWE people, they could get turned on to MOTU and it could help the sustainability of the MOTU brand. However, I completely and totally understand, and I completely and totally respect your opinions about it. I just feel the added exposure that could come of this would be great for the future of the brand we love.