Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WWE Gauging Fan Interest In Another Animated Program such as HE-MAN !!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    If they just are going to use their media power to make a MOTU show. Great. If some WWE talent lend themselves as voices, I don't think that would be terrible if someone uses some intelligent casting.

If it is a crossover special involving MOTU characters teaming up with WWE superstars...forget it. This will land in the same category as the Dragonlance animated movie for me. Never going to be watched ever.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

If they would use puppets, I would then have to watch, but animated no sale.

If it's WWE "talent" lending their voices to a MotU movie, then cool…as long as it's in the WORLD of MotU and not some crazy Wrestlemania type thing.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    wow...just wow. i don't think you all are looking at the distant picture here, but whatever. continue holding MOTU back with those thoughts. God forbid a company like WWE would help market He-Man to a new generation of kids.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    wow...just wow. i don't think you all are looking at the distant picture here, but whatever. continue holding MOTU back with those thoughts. God forbid a company like WWE would help market He-Man to a new generation of kids.
    I was a WWE fan (and still am to a degree), and would be curious to see how any partnership with Masters of the Universe would work, but, I think many of us are fearful of this brand being whored out. Look no further than Star Wars. The sanctity of that brand was completely destroyed by the prequels. Did some good things come out of it, yes. But I think the damage done by not only the prequels, but those terrible re-worked original releases, have forever tainted it. You can't separate Star Wars from Jar Jar Binks. You can't take back those terrible moments.

Masters of the Universe has already tasted a bit of this, especially with the He-Man/New Adventures relaunch in 1989. It was a failure.

I would prefer that Masters of the Universe stand on its own, in its own time period and fade away if it no longer has any appeal, rather than be thrown against a wall to see it'll stick by changing the premises, characters, and traits of the story. I have no problem with WWE promoting the Masters of the Universe we know. But if WWE, or any other company, film, new media decides to change it and put on their own spin, will ultimately be destroying what made it so great in the first place.

I think the most successful way the Masters of the Universe we know could continue on for the new generation, is via an animated film (perhaps promoted by WWE or other big companies). You can keep the wacky colors, names, storylines, and characters, without having to worry about having a wimpy looking He-Man or a realistic enough crew of Evil Warriors in a live action film. If it's not successful, then MOTU is past its prime. I have a feeling, however, MOTU could be successful again, if it gets the chance to be itself.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    If the other rumor is right, WWE is looking into creating their own Cable Network with an Action Channel. It would be cool if they made a MOTU cartoon series for the channel with WWE wrestles doing voices.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I was a WWE fan (and still am to a degree), and would be curious to see how any partnership with Masters of the Universe would work, but, I think many of us are fearful of this brand being whored out. Look no further than Star Wars. The sanctity of that brand was completely destroyed by the prequels. Did some good things come out of it, yes. But I think the damage done by not only the prequels, but those terrible re-worked original releases, have forever tainted it. You can't separate Star Wars from Jar Jar Binks. You can't take back those terrible moments.

Masters of the Universe has already tasted a bit of this, especially with the He-Man/New Adventures relaunch in 1989. It was a failure.

I would prefer that Masters of the Universe stand on its own, in its own time period and fade away if it no longer has any appeal, rather than be thrown against a wall to see it'll stick by changing the premises, characters, and traits of the story. I have no problem with WWE promoting the Masters of the Universe we know. But if WWE, or any other company, film, new media decides to change it and put on their own spin, will ultimately be destroying what made it so great in the first place.

I think the most successful way the Masters of the Universe we know could continue on for the new generation, is via an animated film (perhaps promoted by WWE or other big companies). You can keep the wacky colors, names, storylines, and characters, without having to worry about having a wimpy looking He-Man or a realistic enough crew of Evil Warriors in a live action film. If it's not successful, then MOTU is past its prime. I have a feeling, however, MOTU could be successful again, if it gets the chance to be itself.
    Totally agree, i dont want WWE wrestlers in the motu world, they dont belong together, i can see it now, he-man and crew wont be the main attraction, it will be the wrestlers, he-man wont be in the spot light, most likely triple H.

For me im really hoping a motu movie is exciting as the Avengers movie, thats where we can draw the next generation into the motu mythos.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    That idea just made me throw up in my mouth a little.
    Aw man...

This is a really strange proposition. While there is a small part of me that has warm nostalgic feelings for WWF (Hogan, Jake The Snake, The Rockers, Andre The Giant, and all those other great 80s wrestlers and the campy scenarios), the idea of producing animated media, and mixing WWE stars with cartoons seems ridiculous. Have they done this in the past?

I recently watched 2 documentaries on The Rock and Shawn Michaels. They were on Netflix and I was bored. While I found both of them entertaining, they revealed something to me. Right around the mid 1990s (the Stone Cold/Degeneration X era and beyond) was when I was completely turned off of WWE. While 'smack talking' was always a component of wrestling, there was a line that wasn't crossed. Some time after 1995, probably due to a ratings/ticket sales slump, it took such a foul turn, that it lost me as a fan. WWE seemed to literally degenerate into tasteless, juvenile, shock humor that I found detestable. Particularly because all the boys in highschool (that I hated) emulated everything they saw on WWE.

Sure, we can argue that tv doesn't make people do things, but the proof was in the pudding for me. I have no idea what WWE is like these days, but I cannot imagine its improved, and I can't imagine the most popular wrestlers are positive role models for teenage boys. Everyone complains about how tasteless and trashy reality tv is, with shows like Jersey Shore, The Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo, well sorry kids, WWE had it all beat by about 10 years.

While it could actually be fun to see new He-Man media, and WWE has produced a few things I've been able to stomach (John Cena's first movie The Marine, and these 2 recent documentaries), I can't say I'm too excited about how they might potentially handle MOTU. I'm definitely not cool with any WWE/MOTU mash-ups. Sorry, just not my thing. Though I understand that WWE is a multimillion dollar media juggernaut right now, that doesn't make them a good thing.

Guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 29, 2013 at 01:46am.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Unfortunately, Skeletor can not smell what the Rock is cooking

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    I have no idea what WWE is like these days, but I cannot imagine its improved, and I can't imagine the most popular wrestlers are positive role models for teenage boys. Everyone complains about how tasteless and trashy reality tv is, with shows like Jersey Shore, The Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo, well sorry kids, WWE had it all beat by about 10 years.

While it could actually be fun to see new He-Man media, and WWE has produced a few things I've been able to stomach (John Cena's first movie The Marine, and these 2 recent documentaries), I can't say I'm too excited about how they might potentially handle MOTU. I'm definitely not cool with any WWE/MOTU mash-ups. Sorry, just not my thing. Though I understand that WWE is a multimillion dollar media juggernaut right now, that doesn't make them a good thing.

Guess we will just have to wait and see.
    WWE got more kid friendly in the last few years (most likely due to Linda McMahon's campaigns). Certain moves and words are prohibited now, I believe. There is an exclusive wrestling show on the CW called WWE Saturday Morning Slam for kids. It's not the same company as it was just a few years ago.

Heroic Podcaster
    I personally do not want WWE touching ANYTHING related to MOTU. That entire product is just so...okay, I'm going to edit myself to not offend any WWE fans here.

Just no. Please.
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man - GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - MERMISTA! - MultiBot - NINJOR! - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST! - Rotar
    Saurod - SPINNERELLA! - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - TUNG LASHOR! - Twistoid

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I would love to see Orko on Monday Night Raw someday.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Widget
    Sweet Lord no, leave He-man out of this. Now if they want to bring back Hulk Hogans Rockin' Wrestling I'd be on board!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    As silly as it is, I really wouldn't have a problem with this. Skeletor had a habit in the mini-comics of stealing champions from other worlds to boost his ranks (Ninjor, Scare glow, Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw, etc...). I could see that being an easy way to bring wrestlers into the story.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I'd give any animated MOTU a look. I'm not familiar with WWE's animated efforts, and their live action doesn't appeal to me, but for MOTU I'd at least check it out and that's got to be worth something to them.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I wonder if this will come up again now that A). WWE is doing a animated venture by co-staring in a upcoming Scooby Doo movie and B). They just confrimed the rumor of them forming their own network in a annoucement last night.