Thread: G.I. Joe Con 2013

G.I. Joe Con 2013

I just heard that the G.I. Joe convention has been announced. It's the first weekend of April and in Indianapolis.

Anyone here going?

I've always been a fan of Joe but have not been active in the fan community.

http://www.gijoecon.com/in2013/
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    No. For one thing, that is during the school year, so I can no longer go to any conventions during that time unless they are in my state.

Secondly, I'm going to Anime Expo in July, so I need to save my trip money for that.

Third, my interest in Joe is slowly dropping.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I have been considering it since I live in Chicago, but I have been weighing going to C2E2 too.

Heroic Warrior
    The club killed my interest in Gijoe.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Obviously I won't attend, however, I'd like to get a set of the Night Force exclusive figures, or at least Psyche-Out & Muskrat
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFall View Post
    The club killed my interest in Gijoe.
    What happened with the club?
    I'm not active in the Joe community.

I'd really like to get the Crimson Asp figure from the Convention set.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    The convention set looks cool...I always liked the SAW Viper.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    What happened with the club?
    I'm not active in the Joe community.

I'd really like to get the Crimson Asp figure from the Convention set.
    Last year they got hacked and people had their credit cards and personal information stolen.

They announced their subscription program back in 2011 and kept saying it would be out soon and then they gave people 3 weeks in Sept to either pay $300 plus shipping in advance for all 12 subscription figures or pay three payments of $95 plus shipping plus a $15 fee on each payment. Oh, and then they don't even bother to tell you when they were going to ship out, just that they will arrive at your home in shipments of 2 characters each whenever.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Warrior
    Exactly, I cannot put it any better than what Dr Kain has said. I've just had my fill of the club its just one thing after another. The last straw was the FSS situation, I'm surprised they still have any members.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I would have loved to have picked up Cover Girl and Big Boa, but the rest of the figures held no appeal and the cost was crazy high.

I'm pretty much done with Joes as a rule (though I do want to see the new movie) - I have my vintage set and the 25th anniversary figures which I like, but I'm selling off all the rest of my 1999-2010 figures. Nothing against the property, but it's one I find that I like what I've always liked and have lost interest in the rest.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

My brother lives in Indianapolis so I know I would have a place to stay. But even with free room and board I don't know if I want to shell out the money. But I must say that this years set looks like one of my favorites in that just about every figure is based on a vintage figure.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I would have loved to have picked up Cover Girl and Big Boa, but the rest of the figures held no appeal and the cost was crazy high.

I'm pretty much done with Joes as a rule (though I do want to see the new movie) - I have my vintage set and the 25th anniversary figures which I like, but I'm selling off all the rest of my 1999-2010 figures. Nothing against the property, but it's one I find that I like what I've always liked and have lost interest in the rest.
    YOu know, I forgot I preordered Covergirl and BBTS until some of my Figuarts preorders came in yesterday. I looked at the price, $60, laughed, and canceled it. I'm already about to just off-load a huge amount of my loose Joe collection, so there is no reason to really add an overpriced toy to it.

In fact, I am over these online subscription toy services. I have realized that being a completionist gets me into more trouble than it is worth. Yes, I do want nearly every DCU figure (except Red Hood), but I'm only collecting the MOTU vintage characters now and I see no reason to get a sub next year. In fact, I might juts get my subs canned after the subscription figures ship. Maybe after Larfleeze if nothing else. I'll just take my chances with the secondary market, or if it is someone like Huntress, suffer that which is Digital River.

Nevertheless, I am tired of being forced to have money set aside for toys I may or may not want. I just wished I had come to realize this before I committed to another year of Digital River.