Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you think its worth it to buy king grayskull bronze edition??

Court Magician

do you think its worth it to buy king grayskull bronze edition??

I'm really thinking of going all out and buying a king grayskull bronze edition..

Wut do you guys think?? do you think he's worth the money or should i get the regular grayskull for half the price??

Bang your head!!!
    Do whatever you wanna do man
    I have the bronze Grayskull and he just chills in the box and only gets taken out for show once a year.

If you want to have a complete collection, go for it...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Absolutely!

This is by far the best version of the SDCC King Grayskull (well except maybe for the Spirit Grayskull which I cannot comment on)

He looks much cooler than the regular version. Buy him, take him out of the box, put him on a pedestal and display him with pride!

Money? Retained value? Who cares about all that!

It's worth it if you want it bad enough. My personal policy is that if I'm so unsure about it that I have to ask others if it's worth it than it's probably not.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Absolutely!

This is by far the best version of the SDCC King Grayskull (well except maybe for the Spirit Grayskull which I cannot comment on)

He looks much cooler than the regular version. Buy him, take him out of the box, put him on a pedestal and display him with pride!

Money? Retained value? Who cares about all that!
    Exactly!

I paid over $150 for my Grayskull, and the second I got him home, I ripped him free of his cardboard prison!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I Only bought him because I found him cheap MIB, but once I got him home! I fell in love with him! the regular version is not a good figure, the quality and paint apps are awful.

But the Bronze is awesome! Definetly worth it, Once I get a 'new and -Hopefully vastly- Improved re-release Im gonna get rid of my regular SDCC version!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I waited the better part of a year to find the right deal on ebay, lol. I got one for $90 last fall. It's a beautiful figure but I wouldn't have paid any more than that. If that deal hadn't come up I probably still wouldn't own it.

Court Magician
    darn guess i gotta get this one since i can't find anyone scalping the spirit of grayskull figure...

anyone know where i could get a spirit of grayskull..
    Last edited by muaythai607; June 4, 2010 at 01:07am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the bronze version and have to say it is truly excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by muaythai607 View Post
    darn guess i gotta get this one since i can't find anyone scalping the spirit of grayskull figure...

anyone know where i could get a spirit of grayskull..
    You'd have to become super bestest friends forever and ever and ever and a day with a Mattel employee or get one of the owners of the two that were made available to the public to sell theirs--or watch ebay where a custom one sold about a week ago for $800.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

He's certainly on my wishlist. ONE day I'll pick him up. Hopefully that day isn't too far in the future...

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    imo Bronze Grayskull is only worth his price if you plan to display him in the box.

I kinda want a loose one to display inside Castle Grayskull as a statue, but I can't justify his price tag, besides my wife would kill me
    I plan to buy an extra of the King Grayskull re-release that's coming in about 6 months and I'll repaint him as a bronze statue myself. I'm planning to paint the weapon pak blue weapons and keep the original ones that come with the King Grayskull re-release.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I never wanted him. I ordered KG on matty when he was up for sale and was really mad when I got the bronze variant. Got the regular one the next day.

But looking back I am so glad I accidentally got him. The bronze is awesome.

Would I pay the ridiculous prices he goes for now? Probably not, but it might be worth it to you.

All up to you and what it's worth to you.

Yep, just like the first answer from Moss Man, it's your collection and you gotta do what is right for your display. I personally see no need for it. If I needed a statue, I'd wait for the reissue. I'd pick a pose that works and spray paint him solid. I wouldn't worry about articulation on that since in a color like that he's only worth displaying as a statue. I'd probably glue him on a piece of wood too and add some sort of plaque afterwards.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

For King Grayskull I would say yes. I got mine on eBay when the line first started and he is well worth the price.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I don't have the Bronze version but really really want one. My intention is, should they ever release a Castle Grayskull, the Bronze KG is going to basically sit somewhere inside the playset as a prop... just as he was seen in the episode where Adam discovers the origins of his powers
    That said, anyone have one they wanna sell?

Personally, no.
    I had the bronze one first when he came out at SDCC. When my regular one turned up I compared the two and wasn't impressed so I sold the bronze one on.
    Now on reflection with a lot more MOTUC figures I don't have a complete colelction, but I still feel he'd be out of place in my display.

I waver on this issue myself. Luckily, finances prevent this from becoming a true problem for me! I would like to have one, but I don't consider my collection incmplete without it.

I have the regular version (with a glued ankle) which I will happily replace with the upcoming release.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I plan to buy an extra of the King Grayskull re-release that's coming in about 6 months and I'll repaint him as a bronze statue myself. I'm planning to paint the weapon pak blue weapons and keep the original ones that come with the King Grayskull re-release.
    This....

I've heard way too many problems with the first figure made to pay $100+ and HOPE it's ankles aren't broken....

They'll be rereleasing it soon... and I can paint an extra one for $20 a LOT easier than I can justify the big bucks...

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    depends if you like your figures in full color, or painted in one or two colors.

Personally, i passed on the bronze version since it did nothing for me & I like my figures to look like they belong together. A figure painted like a statue imo looks really stupid when all the rest are alive & in full color. maybe if KG was meant to be a man made of metal then the bronze version would appeal to me. but since he was shown to be a living person, that's the one i wanted & got. I like to have my figures able to interact with one another & I can't see doing that with a 'statue' painted figure when they have a 'living' version avalible.

it all depends on what you prefer.

statues (and figures painted like statues) aren't my cup of tea.... just like the black & white NECA TMNT figures... crap...I want the full color versions! but that's just my preference.

get whichever one you like.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

nope, waste of money. If you want a cool greyskull statue to put in a centerpiece display diorama, then, cool, go for it. But it's just a bronze monochromatic figure? Bah. Color.

Plus, since you're asking and opinions are free (and freely ignored) just wait for the re'release comming like I am.

If you want grayskull. Just wait. If you want the thing, you're going to get it. But should you, is it neccessary, worth it? Only if you are a completist, and since you arent getting Spirit of Grayskull, it's a moot point anyway.

Heroic Warrior

Bronze King Grayskull

Does anyone have him?

Is it worth it to drop $200 to $300 on him? I see that is basically his asking price on eBay these days.

What did he sell for when he was first released?

Also, how limited is he in comparison to the other boxed King Grayskull with the brown cape?

Thanks.

I believe it was 1 in 4 were bronze.
    When KG was first released it was $30. I don't know if it's worth $200. Definitely not worth $300. imo.
    All I know is that I was thinking of selling mine recently, but when I opened him up to look at him, I just couldn't. It really is a work of art.

It's worth whatever it's worth to you if you want it for an investment, but for anything else, no I wouldn't pay a fortune for anything that wasn't Vintage and boxed....I payed what I thought was a lot of money for a MIB G1 Mirage complete with unapplied stickers, instructions and all accessories, and the figure was flawless except the clear sticker on the nose of the car / chest was peeling up. But that was a little more than 5 years ago, and he goes for well more money loose but complete with accessories than what I paid for him in 2007 complete with his box. So it's all in timing and what you are willing to pay depends on how bad you want it. I just bought a Wun-Dar from BBTS, reluctantly because he was loose, but I only paid $40, and figure I can get a map and card back somewhere later, but I would never pay the often $100+ for a MOSC version, but if I did, I would not be opening it. But a loose one complete for $40....I suppose that was the highest I was willing to pay for him.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by muaythai607 View Post
    do you think he's worth the money or should i get the regular grayskull for half the price??
    Yes! Get BOTH!!!

Seriously, if you love MOTUC and you've got the means to get 'em, go for it!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

You should get it.. and the normal sdcc version. They are both awesome.