Thread: Obsessive dreams about MOTUC

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar

Obsessive dreams about MOTUC

I had to share this one guys and gals...

I've had this happen before, but it always leaves me waking up shaking my head and laughing at myself. I had a dream last night that, on Mattycollector's site, it was announced that Roboto, Green Goddess, and Frosta we're going to be re-released with the fixes done on them. To make it more worth everyone's while, they were including a "build-a-figure" that was...

*DRUMROLL PLEASE*

Adam as Santa Claus from the Christmas Special. The one figure had his lower torso included, the other his upper torso, then the third his head and arms and his toy sack.

My question is, does anyone or has anyone else had dreams like this? It's hilarious, but a bit disturbing sometimes that it's even on your mind as much as it is! 652165.jpg

I haven't had dreams but i have nightmares sometimes about how much i've spent on them all

I had this dream in which I set up a party for my girlfriend's birthday. All of our friends were dressed in Motu fashion-but with that dreamy interpretation that changes it all. My gf's bf was all green like Peter Pan and she was dancing in the air with a big smile. (She was supposed to be dressed like battle cat... Go figure). And my gf said something like: "stop this dance! it's terrible, I hate those costumes, and I hate MOTU." She pushed all the guests outside. And I just knew it meant that I will lose all my MOTUC figures. The battle cat-peter pan shouted horribly until I woke up.
    Believe it or not, it was my apt ring. The post man delivered my black friday order!

Heroic Warrior
    I have obsessive dreams about women. Does that count?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Only if one of these women happen to be Teela....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I have always periodically had dreams for years of walking the toy isles looking and finding MOTU figures. But I only have those dreams during times when the line is gone. The dreams always stop for the time figures are available, like now.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Sometimes.......... I had dreams of getting of my 2012 monthly figures from Matty in no time (like in about 5-8 days) ! But you know that those were just dreams !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

I never had a dream like that, but once in a while I dream that it's the 80's and I go to the store and the toy aisles are full of vintage Megos and Super Powers and Thundercats an Star Wars and GI Joe and MOTU and Transformers, like all of them at the same time, and I can get them all. LOL

Heroic Warrior
    I've never dreamed about MOTU, but about five or six years ago, I dreamed that I designed an entire line of completely new G.I. Joe figures that were a huge new wave of the ARAH o-ring style (on the classic burst cards and everything). On top of that, each of these figures appeared in the dream individually, so I 'saw' what they all looked like. Of course, I woke up and remembered none of the specifics of any of the figures at all, just enough to be haunted by the fact that my subconscious self had thought up about 20 figures that were as cool as the original 80s Joe designs... and then my conscious self promptly forgot 'em all.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    If it's Teela, Evil-Lyn, or She-Ra, then yea, it counts!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I never had a dream like that, but once in a while I dream that it's the 80's and I go to the store and the toy aisles are full of vintage Megos and Super Powers and Thundercats an Star Wars and GI Joe and MOTU and Transformers, like all of them at the same time, and I can get them all. LOL
    hahahaha! Same here! I sometimes dream I go into a store and the pegs are just filled with original MOTU!! I fill my cart, and then wake up before I can check out and bring them out. haha
    Probably just repressed memories, as I used to love just standing in the toy isles looking at all the cool stuff.

I have had many dreams over the years. Around the time I went to college I had dreams about finding the original toys in the toy aisles. I think it stemmed from the fact that I went through a destructive phase as a kid and destroyed a lot of my originals - and I always sorely regretted it. In 2001, in my last year in college, I had a really bad breakup with a really hot girl and got so depressed I pulled myself out of my funk by finding the originals on ebay and other sites. Very shortly thereafter I heard about the 2002 series and the dreams just stopped. I guess my MOTU desires were satiated.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Only if one of these women happen to be Teela....
    Hmmm...so female Hover Robots don't count?

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I often remember a dream I had as a kid which seems unusual to me but in this dream I came downstairs on Christmas morning and I had a He-man figure under the tree waiting for me. I woke up and of course it was just a dream so I was very disappointed but that Christmas I did get He-man and the Road Ripper! Later on after college I found the commemorative figures in Walmart and I thought I was dreaming! I bought everything they had. Later as I got accustomed to Ebay I started to fill in the gaps in the collection and eventually I had almost every vintage figure MOC. looking at that wall covered in vintage motu carded was an absolute dream! And now and then, I day dream about how awesome it would be to jack Marty's time machine and go back too those epic toy ailes and pick up everything in site at 1980's prices and come home with it! Oh well, I ran dream!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I have had dream after dream like that, but it was limited to Star Wars, GI Joe, and MOTU.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    My question is, does anyone or has anyone else had dreams like this?
    Ummmmmm...no.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!