Thread: Ever feel like..

Ever feel like..

everyone has found their nich in the world, even if it doesn't pay, and you haven't?

I'm big into the turtles franchise. Started one of the worlds first and biggest websites in 1996, even before the official site was around. through google searches, had some of the first voice actor exclusive interviews, contacted lots of show staff for interviews, etc. Eventually, that faded away when others came up with bigger, and badder contacts, and able to do more than I ever did.

Now, I see people creating documentaries based on the history of the franchises, one of my friends travels the country doing 'cowabunga corner', using her contacts to get into Nickelodeon, and other places to do interviews.

Just about everyone I know has found a way to expand their love of something into a REAL opportunity. Wether it be meeting your favorite actors, having fun filming people at conventions, or just getting out of the house living.
    Not so much on this end. The one thing I DID come up with, my own comic series (with potential for animated series) has gotten stalled due to the fact I can't find an artist who will either get back to me, or has free time to help develop it. and thus begins the endless cycle of 'how can I evolve to the next level'....

just curious if anyone else feels the same way of watching people you know succeed, and here you are stuck in a rut..While it's nice to see other people gaining a foothold, you can't help but feel a little jealous thinking "That's what I'D like to be doing.."

can't be the only one.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Just about everyone I know has found a way to expand their love of something into a REAL opportunity. Wether it be meeting your favorite actors, having fun filming people at conventions, or just getting out of the house living.
    I feel it's all about the person's will to achieve. A combination of their ambition and initiative.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar

just curious if anyone else feels the same way of watching people you know succeed, and here you are stuck in a rut..While it's nice to see other people gaining a foothold, you can't help but feel a little jealous thinking "That's what I'D like to be doing.."

can't be the only one.
    I feel this way most days of my life
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I feel it's all about the person's will to achieve. A combination of their ambition and initiative.
    This is very true I've learned. Some people just have a drive once they set their sights on something that I can't begin to imagine.

My focus is often changing and I try to juggle multiple interest everyday. My career has never been very high on my list and as I've gotten older I've realized that if I'd wanted more (as far as a career) I needed to really go after it. It's never too late I guess but I still don't have that natural drive some others do.

When I was younger I'd meet people in high positions sometimes that I quickly realized weren't worth the suit they were wearing. "How the heck did they get this job??" They wanted it and put all their effort into getting where they were.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    just curious if anyone else feels the same way of watching people you know succeed, and here you are stuck in a rut..While it's nice to see other people gaining a foothold, you can't help but feel a little jealous thinking "That's what I'D like to be doing..."
    Sometimes. But then I just DANCE!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    it looks like he wants to grab something, not dance ;o).

i just find myself stopped by obstacles..be it lack of contacts, lack of money, or lack of..something.
    Recently, every pro artist i know who i tried to contact for this comic thing either hasn't gotten back to me or doesn't have the time..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

in all honesty

Nope
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery